[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Hi, I'm a bibliophile who is now getting into occult books, sadly those are very difficult to find in beautiful editions where I live, can we have a thread about collections of occult books?
>>
File: 1478394053596.gif (835KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
1478394053596.gif
835KB, 300x201px
>>19094812

Please refer to this thread.

>>19089927

In the future, I might suggest making use of the catalog/search features available on 4chan.
>>
I like to read the book, "Eternal Faggot Technologies." by Kyle.
>>
>>19094812
Y U wanna fuck a bible m80?
>>
>>19095001
Yes
>>
>>19094812
>books

you should not read em. books make you gay.
>>
>>19094812
http://balkansarcanebindings.blogspot.com.br/

>tfw have to remain buying basic paperback editions
O-one day I will buy those beautiful hardcover or deluxe editions...
>>
>>19094829
In the future, I might suggest actually reading the OP.
He is asking about BOOKS, not online texts. Specifically books with pleasing/beautiful bindings.
Why would you choose to display that you are such an arrogant shit on an international forum?
>>
>>19095038
But I'm already gay.
>>
>>19095402
Thank you anon ;)
>>
>>tfw have to remain buying basic paperback editions
>O-one day I will buy those beautiful hardcover or deluxe editions...

There's this guy on instagram who claims to be an alchemist, he already has grimories from the 16xx, and signed copies of first editions with dedications by the apprentice of Fulcanelli, Eugène Canseliet. I really believe he is a genuine alchemist and no a new age "only spiritual alchemist". Take a look, and die of envy just like me of his collection...https://www.instagram.com/plippito/
>>
>>19095579
From his page notice the picture of the owls captioned: "We know things you don't."

He is one of Minerva's Ilk. These groups speak in symbols. Disregarding the esoteric imagery he posts, the signs are all there. They don't normally post so openly.
>>
>>19095664
>From his page notice the picture of the owls captioned: "We know things you don't."
>He is one of Minerva's Ilk. These groups speak in symbols. Disregarding the esoteric imagery he posts, the signs are all there. They don't normally post so openly.

Never heard of them, what else do you know? If you can speak about it of course... is this group a inheritor of the "Illuminated of Minerva"? For some reason, I know someone in the country I live who has tried to reach this guy (who appears to be from Mexican origin) me and this person are from Mexico, so, at first he asked about the great work, and plippito only responded that he should read fulcanelli, but then the person I know tried again to reach him, asking questions about gargles and he stoped answering, and also, some people ask him if he knew any alchemist in France, of course, he didn't give any information. This plippito is fascinating me, I never seen anyone posting anywhere about operative alchemy so openly in the web. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>19094812
Prepare for death, knowing first hand they go after your loved ones first.
>>
>>19095823
Book demons are spooky
>>
>>19095797
Ancient in origin. The owls have long been opposed to the disclosure of truth. They believe only the few should be illuminated.
>>
If your interested in qlipothic/traditional satanism OP I would reccomend Aion Sophia press, ixaxaar, and Nephillim press
>>
>>19095973
Martinet press is pretty great as well.
>>
>>19096021
Never heard of them thanks for the tip anon. Checking them out now.
>>
Hey OP,

I have a bud who owns a book bindery and he is crazy into occult books and sometimes publishes some beautiful occult books. They aren't exactly hot sellers so he doesn't make very many and I don't think he sells them online.

Fire him off an email and ask him if he's got anything. He's a total occult book freak too so he'll totally get you. Just a warning: custom bound books usually run between $100 - $200 (that's Canadian dollars tho)

His site is http://www.octaviapress.ca/
>>
>>19095973
Holy fuck these are sweet.
Know of any more cool tiny publishers? I'm currently on the hunt for a nice English copy of "the epic of Gilgamesh"
>>
>>19095973
>>19096021
Thanks ;)
>>
>>19095954
So you don't agree with them? Is there something bad about that? I believe information from government and science should be free, but spiritual teachings? That's like a personal diary. Just a personal opinion, nothing against those who think the opposite.
>>
>>19095579
hipster dweeb with a silly hobby that will ultimately leave him drained and empty
>>
>>19096164
Spiritual teachings of the individual and maybe a small sect should be kept private. However, the worldwide organization that the account alludes to? Those should be made known. Innate abilities inherent in all should not be hidden by a materialistic society that seeks power and control.
>>
>>19095579
Didn't see much of his collection there, but it was a pleasant page to look at. Didn't feel (that) much envy.
This one tho... https://www.instagram.com/dark_occult_books/

About the books, it isn't much work to find first editions or rare manuscripts, you just got to be prepared to spend a lot of money (book + shipping + import tax). Abe Books has a huge catalog on antique material and I'm pretty sure there are physical antiquaries based on the US and Europe selling the really good stuff without announcing online. One just have to know where to look...
I'm from South America, so online stores overseas are my primary choice.

If you are interested in the Western Tradition, Scarlet Imprint, Troys Books and Three Hands Press have beautiful books with proper prices.
Or you could just browse through the lists on the blog that I linked here (>>19095168), there are lots of tiny publishers out there. :)
>>
>>19094812
The Keys of Solomon ofc.
You can find .pdf's on google for download of the Lesser and the 3 Greater parts.
>>
>>19095402
What good does that do? Books are meant to be read, not to sit on the shelf for boasting purposes.

Can always print out texts and learn to bind them yourself.
>>
>>19096337
This.

What exactly can you gain from alchemy
>>
>>19096861
Nothing if you interpret it literally like that guy.
>>
Best I've ever seen, although not occult, was in the window of a bookshop in a Venice - an early edition of "Dracula", which had an intricately hand tooled white leather dust jacket. Didn't embarrass myself by going in to ask the price.
>>
>>19096861
Enlightenment, immortality, gold...
>>
This is the main rare occult book seller in the USA:

https://www.weiserantiquarian.com/
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (134KB, 977x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
134KB, 977x1000px
>>19098149
Try not to buy from Weiser, the money goes into Wasserman's pocket.

>>19095402
Since scans are unacceptable, the best telismatic editions I know of these days come out of Xoanon/Three Hands Press.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.