[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If so many Yogis stress the importance of practicing yoga in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: kundalini.jpg (43KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
43KB, 300x297px
If so many Yogis stress the importance of practicing yoga in a committed environment with a guidance of a mentor, why do so many people feel qualified and wise enough to do it themselves? One should be very careful with kundalini awakening, and preparations for it last for many years in tradition. So why is it that so many people feel like they can do it in a few weeks and not suffer from any negative consequences? Consider this a public service announcement. Be careful with this stuff and if you're gonna half-ass it don't do it at all. Yoga is a marvelous tool, but just like any other tool you can use it improperly and hurt yourself. If you're serious about yoga find a good mentor and commit to it fully. Nobody wants you to end up psychotic because you were impatient or because you weren't warned of the dangers. Have a blessed day, anons.
>>
True I half assed it and ended up going psychotic and having a seizure
>>
It's meditation not yoga you're talking about. You need a mentor because you don't want to hurt yourself doing the lotus. It's like a gym trainer.
>>
ure all wrong its bc law suits
>>
>>19093300

Yoga is not just stretching and holding poses. Dharana and mantra are basically forms of intense meditation, and they're often combined with advancing breathing techniques of pranayama. The goal of proper yoga is kundalini awakening, not mere fitness. Yoga has sort of a bed rep in the west because many shitty school are attempting to capitalize on it by teaching it wrong and missing the point entirely. It's totally understandable that many people see yoga as just hippies/middle aged women stretching, but this is a false view.
>>
>>19093264
read yourself this:
https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Tao-Longevity-by-Huai-Chin-Nan.pdf
>>
>>19093341

Thank you anon. More reading material is always welcome.
>>
>>19093264
>>19093330
yeah
there is a woman in the city i live in who teaches kundalini yoga
she probably doesn't know about the spiritaul aspects and that can be really dangerous

my kundalini spontaneously awakened about 2.5 years ago and for 2 years of that i had no idea what was happening
i went to many doctors and they couldn't help me

i remeber the palpitations when my heart chakra was opening and when they got better i had almost constantly a lot of mucus in my throat as my throat cakras was opening, to the point where eating was very unpleasant.

nowadays i feel a lot of pressure on my third eye

got any tips on how to open it?
i already remember my dreams a lot more
especially when i don't ejaculate for some days

i'm (trying to be) chaste and grow spiritually

any tips on that?
>>
>>19093357
browse here: wordy, but very much the real deal:
http://www.meditationexpert.com/articles.html
>>
>>19093365
thank you
>>
>>19093357

meditate , look into a koan

take it slow senpai.

t. spiritual noob
>>
Are you seriously trying to say meditation is dangerous and you need a trained mentor in order too practice meditation? I'm unfamiliar with yoga itself and actually don't believe many people AT ALL are practicing real Yoga without being trained, 90% of the "yoga" that goes on is like basic fitness stretching with some very basic meditation. Where do you even get the idea that there is some mass influx of people practicing ancient meditation / yoga techniques at home?
>>
The simple forms of meditation people do on their own without proper "instruction and training" do not require intense dedication or extreme spiritual preparedness. They are basically just ways too relax and relieve tension, work out problems in your mind and can even help with mental health issues... There seriously is not a bunch of people practicing real "kundalini awakening" ancient bhuda meditation techniques without being trained to begin with so this whole post is basically BS.
>>
>>19093357

OP here. Unfortunately I am just a novice. I probably know much less than you. I would never pretend otherwise. I became interested in yoga relatively recently. I was so excited that I just keep reading, reading and reading every single thing that I could find, until I came across the warnings of the masters. I felt like I should immediately share it with with as many practitioners as possible. If it influences at least one person I will be happy.

When people learn of the possibility of enlightenment it is only natural to dive into the practices with strongest of obsession/enthusiasm. That's what I did, that's probably what you did as well. I was just lucky and came across the warnings at a really early stage. If you have the means I would highly suggest investing time in contacting a proper master, especially if you can do it IRL.

>>19093393

There are many truth-seekers who eventually come across this knowledge and attempt to practice the ancient techniques through books, internet or whatever. I was one of them, and we already have another person who did the same thing in this thread. In addition some schools are downright irresponsible and they DO teach kundalini yoga improperly
>>
>>19093399

And when did I say that basic meditation is harmful or bad for you? I said no such thing. When I say yoga, I'm talking about REAL yoga. Not quasi-yoga. Not pseudo-yoga. Not half-yoga. I'm talking about YOGA. I didn't make this thread for MOST people. I didn't make this thread for basic mediators. I made this thread for people who are interested in proper kundalini yoga, and the consensus on it is clear. It should be taken very seriously. People who are interested in kundalini yoga are a minority, but I want to warn them nonetheless. In addition, kundalini awakening is necessary in many schools of magick, even if they don't call it as such. And these magic practitioners sometimes use techniques which originate from kundalini yoga, even if they're not aware of it. As a result can damage themselves. I have no idea why you think my post is BS.
>>
Alright I'll play along, if they are truth-seekers and were able to come across real knowledge, and somehow were able to put that knowledge into practice and achieve results. Then what the fuck is the difference between them and the people who learned it to begin with. It's not like the first people too open their chakra's and awaken the Kundalini energy had trained mentors too learn from. I'm honestly not seeing the problem here, if it is something WITHIN us, and we were given the ability to reach into it, focus and open it up to our body and spirit. Then as far as I'm concerned it was intended for the novice too attain regardless of what modern experts claim. That is my opinion, and I'm not infallible I'd like to hear the counter argument as I believe my points are valid.
>>
File: 1409746034033.gif (1014KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1409746034033.gif
1014KB, 500x750px
>>19093264
What advice do you have for somebody who has inadvertently awakened their kundalini?

I'm in a phase where I've got psychic thoughts, birds and animals respond to my thought and mood, but it's not under my control and I feel I need to "tighten up".

I'm not sure if it's my third eye chakra going mad, my base, my crown, my power chakra, or spirits.

I just know I need to wind my energies up, back into my body, and fix this insane telepathy.

I think I've also gained uncontrollable clairaudience. I've also become somewhat of a portal, and I'm sure that isn't supposed to be the natural case, even with a kundalini awakening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and loved
>>
>>19093428
Because you didn't properly specify and outline wtf you were talking about you just said "Yoga" and when you say "yoga" in our modern society that means stretching on the ground doing some deep breathing. Unless you explain clearly that which you are speaking of. I agree partially but my mind and spirit is torn on the issue. Regarding the claim that it is necessary to understand, train, mentored ect what you are doing. As I said people have been doing this for how long? Since the earliest records of society at least, and they didn't necessarily know what it was they were doing or take into account the seriousness of the training.
>>
>>19093450
Not only that but in regard to "committing seriously" again the earliest practitioners of kundalini yoga, it is highly unlikely they were very committed to what they were doing. We tend to place a mystique and awe in regard to ancient man and how they behaved and learned what they did. Yet these were tough, hard times too live within. Humans life span was far lower, and they in general had to spend far more time doing hard manual labor than the first world. If anything people in a modern first world society have more advantage than the early experts on the subject. In this way.
>>
>>19093441

It really all comes down to the old adage of "A wise man learns from the mistakes of others".

You are actually entirely right and I agree with you. It is possible for someone to go through kundalini awakening on their own and suffer no negative consequences. However, it is also very possible for people to screw up and do immense damage to their mind, sometimes to the point of total psychosis. The purpose of learning from a skilled and knowledgeable mentor is to minimize risk.

Put it this way. If you had to learn how to drive a car, which would be the safer and more optimal approach: a) Learning on your own without any prior knowledge or b) learning from a pro racing driver that has decades of experience?

>>19093450

I apologize anon. I could have been a lot more clear and use the term "kundalini yoga" exclusively. My bad.

>>19093446

As I said before I think the best thing to do is research and find a proper master that can guide you. I'm afraid I'm not qualified to tell you what to do.
>>
>>19093330
if you could make up some words that dont sound fucking stupid I might enjoy doing yoga.
>>
>>19093264
because internet and western spiritual practices always disregards a larger portion of the more important principles and practices and why you should follow them.
Reiki suffers the same problems as yoga does today. People think they can go into a series of 2 hour lectures and get an energy attunement at the end and suddenly your a fucking mystical healer.
>>
Alright thank you for the responses, I apologize for my harsh attitude and can admit too agreeing with you in many ways you have spoken also. You're response answered my questions and makes sense. I'm not sure why I took the offense against your suggestions as I did. I need to work on my balance.
>>
>>19093446
jesus kid.
situational awareness is a thing, DO YOU REMEMBER? You got a vibe. EVERYONE HAS THIS. You just fucking forgot because of autism or some shit. come on guys god damn it.
>>
>>19093441
>25 year old girl doesyoga to get her muscles "toned"
>awakens kundalini and fucks up her life because she wants nothing to do with spiritual growth
>>
File: go on.jpg (130KB, 480x489px) Image search: [Google]
go on.jpg
130KB, 480x489px
whats a kundalini?
>>
>>19093488
elaborate and stop jiving, man
>>
>>19093482

Every activity has it's own jargon, anon. I don't like it either, but what can you do?

>>19093485

Don't worry about it. Everything should be scrutinized and I appreciate the skepticism.
>>
>>19093446
i posted
>>19093357

when i don't ejaculate for a while, people become very friendly but animals become hostile

i think it' because they have no idea what is up with me

like a wild animal seeing a human for the first time

i think if the energy would be bad, humans too would get a bad vibe from me
>>
im very curious about this, can any of you elaborate a little on the topic on general, ive been thinking of meditating but im not the most pacient and also didnt know the proper way so never gave it a shot, also yoga sounds really interesting i often have urges to stretch as far as i can for no aparent reason like i urge to detach my every limb one for one, life moves so very slow and no one seems to mind, i wonder if these have something to do with spiritual doblydoos and want to learn more, please advice on some good reading material
>>
>>19093526

http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/downloads/kundalini-tantra_swami_sathyananda_saraswathi_(176pg).pdf

This is the book I'm currently reading, and the one that warned me of the dangers of improper kundalini awakening. I haven't finished it yet, but I can vouch for the parts that I've read. I'm aware that all of this can be very wacky and silly when you first start reading it. I used be a hardcore rationalists so I know how it feels.

What I have taken from yoga is that it's not particularly about faith, it's about experience. A good yogi will not try to convince you with stories and tall tales, he will simply ask for you cooperation and guide you so you can experience on your own. Good luck with your research, anon.
>>
File: yoko.jpg (126KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
yoko.jpg
126KB, 480x480px
>>19093557
ty mista, i´ll make sure to check it out
>>
>>19093505
what the fuck? jiving? dude. you are so far gone.

this is like freaking out over realizing you can hear someone walking behind you. You dont know they're behind you because of shiva or some shit wtf is wrong with you people
>>
>>19093330
Anon, you're not supposed to do yoga with the "goal" of a kundalini awakening any more than you are supposed to do yoga with the "goal" of samadhi. You are supposed to do it for its own sake. Even I know that, and I've never had formal instruction.
>>
>>19093498
Thaaat's not quite how it works anon. Which is why I get a kick out of the threads where people say they "accidentally" did it. Just like the people who talk about their "chakras" and don't even do yoga!
>>
>>19094266
funny that you dont believe in accidents.
>>
>>19094371
Well, do you believe that someone can accidentally do yoga daily for extended periods of time? Because that's what we're talking about here. It's like someone saying they "accidentally" ate a turd directly out of someone's ass.
>>
>>19094412

No one can accidentally do yoga every day, but they could be practicing techniques without knowing what those techniques will do to them.

>>19094217

I don't buy that. People clearly start doing yoga for a reason, be it physical improvement, mental improvement or enlightenment. Even if you tell yourself you have no desire for any goal you are lying to yourself. To be free of that desire you have to be enlightened or near-enlightened, which you obviously aren't for most of your journey.
>>
>>19094446
Well, that's what the yogis say so take it up with them.
>>
>>19094460
Also, it takes more than Asanas to have a kundalini awakening. I would be shocked if someone were actually practicing the 8 limbs of yoga and was unaware of what they were doing.
>>
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/The_Chakras.htm

Last night I meditated and massaged all my chacras.
It went really well, none of thrm felt tight or unnatural to feel.

I just turned 23 years old and since I discovered my Chacras, difference is Immense.

I have been really spiritually powerful in past lives, I can feel it.

I am Satan Incarnate, Bringer of Light.
>>
>>19094506
>angelfire
>>>/trash/
>>
>>19094460

I don't doubt you at all. All I'm saying is that everyone starts doing this stuff because they have some sort of desire. They learn to lose it as they become more proficient, but that desire is sort of a necessity to set things in motion. Even if you tell a novice to lose his desire, it's not something he can realistically do.

>>19094478

The literature I have read suggested that one can achieve awakening through, oh let's say, pranayama. It's not that the person is unaware that they're doing pranayama, that would be silly to suggest. However, they can be unaware of the effects that they will experience due to it. So let's say you take a random person off the street, teach them how to do it you don't prepare them properly and you don't share all the knowledge behind it. The results can be very negative. If you think that doesn't happen, I have seen many magick practitioners recommend pranayama to awaken the third eye for the purposes of using magick, but they never explained the mechanics behind it or the potential dangers associated with it. That's a bit irresponsible, don't you think?
>>
>>19094524
It works for me, why give a fuck about your opinion
>>
File: The Law.jpg (323KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The Law.jpg
323KB, 1000x1500px
>>19094506

Horseshit. Santa brings gifts for bros and coal for tools.

>>19094478

Murphy's Law, homeslice. Never underestimate the ability of random dipfucks to wrangle themselves assbackwardly in to things that shouldn't be possible in any sane and just reality.
>>
>>19094506
Anon, read some actual Yoga manuals, don't consume that garbage. Ape has an entire library worth over in the /omg/ thread. Hatha Yoga Pradipika is a good place to start. Or Crowley's "8 Lectures on yoga" and "Book 4, Part 1: Mysticism" are also good places to start. Also, if you are interested in past lives, Liber THIShARB is basically an instruction manual on how to remember them.
>>
>>19094533
>an be unaware of the effects that they will experience due to it. So let's say you take a random person off the street, teach them how to do it you don't prepare them properly and you don't share a
I think it's irresponsible for a grown adult not to read the literature, period. If someone is going to practice yoga, whether it was recommended to them or not, it is their responsibility as an adult to do their homework. Also "Pranayama to open the third eye" sounds like bull. I've never met anyone who recommended focusing exclusively on one limb of yoga.
>>
>>19094538
Well, you are tricking yourself into thinking it's working. I actually read the link, I didn't JUST say that because of the site. And the article is trash, anon. But continue deceiving yourself into thinking you are making progress, and don't read the source materials for this stuff, if that's what makes you happy. it's much easier to delude oneself into believing one is successful than to put in the work and become successful. None of this is a personal attack on you, I'm only trying to point you in a direction of something that's NOT complete horseshit.
>>
>>19094550

In a perfect world everyone would do their homework before delving into anything, but we don't live in a perfect world. People aren't reasonable and they screw up all the time, but just because they screw up doesn't mean that we should just allow them to suffer. A little warning here or there could go a long way.
>>
few people actually know yoga nigga
>>
>>19094569
Well, much like someone who attempts chemistry without reading a textbook, taking classes, or doing anything more than reading wikipedia and hoping for the best, those people get what is coming to them.
A warning can go a long way, sure, but you can't fix stupid.
>>
>>19094583

Fair enough.
>>
>>19094594
I don't mean to be harsh, because I was once a n00b, but I also did my research. With the free library hosted by Ape in /omg/ there is no reason anyone on here should EVER have that sort of problem. I was mainly attracted to yoga for the general well-being that comes from it.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>19093264
Kundalini isn't as scary as its made out to be. If you know what it is and know how to meditate its really hard to fuck it up. All I did was stumble on it while dicking arpund on Wikipedia and BOOM, the next night while i wes meditating in an alterd state it juts happened without any problems.

TL;DNR
>Just drop some acid and meditate after some brief reading on the subject.
>>
>>19094624
2/10
that's not how it works anon. I guess with the internet and all there all loads of people tricking themselves into thinking this sort of thing. Plus places like angelfire and JoS aren't helping.
>>
>>19094563
hahaha
which size does it have to be
has it to be big and black
>>
>>19094630
Thats what happend; I've been working with Kundalini every day since then.

>The Fiery Serpent spreads its wings, power and truth to everything!
>>
>>19093264
50 bucks says OP does it without a qualified mentor.
>>
>>19093264
>If so many Yogis stress the importance of practicing yoga in a committed environment with a guidance of a mentor, why do so many people feel qualified and wise enough to do it themselves?

Say it with me, ego.

People are full of themselves, especially in contemporary times. Of course they are going to look down at previous generations and think they can just figure it out by watching some youtube videos and reading some dumb books from the bookstore.

/x/ is walking talking example. The board is full of people that one way or another delude themselves into thinking they have it all figured out or can figure it out, that they are smarter than most everyone on the planet, and they are of course super duper enlightened because they felt open during a mushroom trip.
>>
>>19095145
It's great to have a guru, but not everyone has access to them. I would not call hathayoga Pradapika or Raja-Yoga "dumb books," though
>>
File: ISN'T IT SO.jpg (15KB, 364x334px) Image search: [Google]
ISN'T IT SO.jpg
15KB, 364x334px
>>19095139

Nah, I don't actually do it. I only research it. I'm at that point in life where I first have to secure my survival and some kind of stability before seeking out a qualified mentor. I'm taking it slow and being patient. Can I have the 50$, it will go straight into my yoga fund.
>>
Say what you will, I'm still convinced that all this bullshit is you making shit up so you can pretend that you know something others don't.
>>
File: king of hill2.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
king of hill2.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>19093330
>>
>>19095350

It's a matter of experience, not belief. If you do it properly and it works, wunderbar. If you do it properly and it doesn't work, well at least you've disproven it. When it comes to yoga is seems that the proof is in the pudding. It's not about tales,stories or even knowledge. It's about direct experience. The way yoga differs from a lot of bullshit in the world is that it gives you tools and explains how to use them, and then it makes pretty solid claims. In other words, it's testable. Do I know that it's legit for sure? Nope. I'm not making any assumption. I'm gonna test the hell out of it though. That's the whole point.
>>
>>19093399
I do.
>feelsgoodmane
>>19093441
Yeah I do it all on my own.
>>
>>19093511
>i think if the energy would be bad, humans too would get a bad vibe from me

Thats true; I fucks with it.
>>
File: Kali8.jpg (446KB, 1400x887px) Image search: [Google]
Kali8.jpg
446KB, 1400x887px
>>19093526
Advanced Yoga Practices
Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living

It explains the entirety of real Yoga. Explains Yoga and stops when it gets to Tantra.

Look into the Tantras! I follow the Bhairava Tantras the non dual Tantras from Trika Saivism; its PHD level stuff. Their the ones who came up the term kundalini, can't get realer than that!
>>
File: haters gonna hate.jpg (109KB, 750x550px) Image search: [Google]
haters gonna hate.jpg
109KB, 750x550px
>>19093557
>I used be a hardcore rationalists

I know that feel.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300KB, 800x854px
>>19094571
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (12KB, 199x273px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
12KB, 199x273px
>>19095377
>disproven it

Disproving enlightenment bahhahahahaha.

I seen some shit!

brb reading this thread with Udana Vayu lite up. Udana is associated with kundalini. Udana shakti is when you just have your higher chakras lite up. Starts at the heart chakra.

A quote

"Udana vayu, or “ascending air,” is the prana vayu that directs prana from lower to upper chakras. Udana vayu is the channel that leads from lower to upper levels of consciousness, carrying the energy of kundalini—the dormant energy awakened through yoga practice—up through the chakras as it ascends. It is primarily located between the heart and the head."
>>
>>19095662
wtf i love kundalinis now
>>
Thats not true, some sects of yoga are fine with the diy approach. Not all types of yoga are the same.
>>
>>19093264
>why do so many people feel qualified and wise enough to do it themselves?
Cuz lazy cheap ass bratz that rather spend an hour in facebook posting selfies in yoga pose than 20min at the ashram.

Anon here haz it pretty much right from the very start:
>>19093330
>>
>>19093264
guessing getting a mentor isn't free.
I'd say they stress this as a means to sell their service. quite obvious imo.
>>
>poo-in-loo tier religions
pass
>>
>>19093450
>"yoga" in our modern society that means stretching on the ground
First, fuck your modern society.

Second, you don't know what a fucking dictionary is to lookup the meaning of a word?

Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary, page 830, yoga /ˈjəʊ.gə/U /noun [U], 1) a set of physical and mental exercises, Indian in origin, which is intended to give control over the body and mind. 2) a Hindu system of philosophy which aims to unite the self with god
>>
>>19093264
There is such a thing as meditation sickness. Weird paranormal shit happrbs to you. Ive even experienced a third eye being forced open. It turns out the guy had melted his brain(could have been drugs tho, but you never know)
>>
Experienced Kundalini awakening about 6 years ago. Had sleep paralysis one night, which i'd had only once before, this time it felt like something was wrapped around the length of my spine. It was a little scary.
I felt ill for a couple of years after. Finally felt better though. I was not at all a spiritual person before, but it literally changed the night of the experience.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.