[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your take on this question?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 8

Ok so here's a question that has bothered me for a while but I rarely see discussed at this level.

Why does life exist? At one point there must have only been inorganic matter. The process of stars forming, breaking apart, and all of the elements we know coming into being makes sense. At what point though did inorganic matter have any purpose to become living? Why would or should life spring out of this inorganic matter? What is the purpose of inorganic matter becoming living only to be able to die?

Also, how was the first life able to reproduce right away? Even if life were to suddenly burst into being how would it have any plan or mechanism for making more of itself? Surely any early life would not have lived for very long? It would have needed a way to reproduce from the very start.

The answer to these questions could either be very easy or hard depending on how one feels about any god or creator. If there is even a minimal creator life can be attributed to it. If one believes there is no god at all what is the reasoning behind this? I'm absolutely curious for both responses. No judgment either way.
>>
Thing about that question, We don't really know and hell we may never know. Gods this and gods that, Science this and science that but as of right now...We don't know 100%.
I find the thought to be mind boggling, If god/gods made it all...where did they come from, What made them and what made that. Also the insane chance that every thing lined up just right to get the ball rolling also blows my mind.
>>
Life emerges in a environment where there are separate extremes.
What we see is that in the ocean floor there are gasses escaping from the earth. Hot lava meat cold water under enormous pressure. Quite logical this triggers a reaction. But because of the pressure, this reaction get contained. Within that container the reaction continues. And that is life. A contained reaction that will take time to die out. Chemistry at work, which lead to entropy.
These days the variety has become allmost infinite.
>>
>>19092728
Life exists to transform energy from one state to another. That's it.
>>
>>19092728
science says... one day for no aparent reason
complex molecules called RNA (precursor to DNA) just stared replicating themselves.
how? why?
no real answers
and then the RNA strands (which aren't even Alive) floating around replicating themselves started competing with each other to replicate better
and then eventually the RNA "evolved" more and more complex and efficient means of replicating itself in competition over RNA... "resources" and eventually one strand of RNA evolved to be so efficient at replication it became the first living single celled organism

it really doesn't make sense and I'm sure I'm botching it but that's the gist of how scientists theorized the first life came about by chance

in my mind there is absolutely no explanation that can ever explain how something that isn't alive would start replicating and evolving into life
it doesn't make sense
things that aren't alive don't need complexity or resources or to reproduce they don't NEED anything and no amount of primordial soup or lightning is going to explain how life came about

another explanation scientists give is that aliens or a comet (or a comet sent by aliens) seeded lfe on earth
which makes a LITTLE more sense except for the fact that all they're doing is moving where life started to a comet or to aliens in order to avoid explaining it

having said all that it's impossible in my mind for life to exist without God to create it
>>
>>19092777
I totally get that it's possible for life to emerge under the right rare conditions. Why would it need to continue though? Why should this strange and unique reaction continue? What's the motivation at this point? A simple organism that pops into existence doesn't have the reasoning or motivation to reproduce more, does it? Shouldn't it simply exist and disappear?
>>
>>19092802
it's not possible
non living matter doesn't reproduce or use energy
and non living particles are extremely simple when compared to something like a cell
you can't just jump from being a molecule to a cell no matter how complex the molecule is or how simple the cell is
they're two completely different things
something can't be unmoving and not alive one day and then start replicating itself the next day
it doesn't make sense
>>
>>19092819
>non living matter doesn't reproduce or use energy

Stars reproduce and use energy.

Our star is the child of a parent star, as is our entire solar system.
>>
>>19092838
they don't use energy they produce energy
burning fuel is not using energy
and suns are nowhere near as complex as a single celled organism
>>
>>19092838
and turning into dust and then the dust turning into a sun is not reproducing
you might as well tell me rocks are reproducing when they get ground into sand and then the sand eventually becomes a rock
>>
>>19092802
It doesn't really reproduce. It moves on. Even if you look exactly like your dad, you don't look like your mom, you see. Small changes happen. It's labeled evolution. Find out more about entropy to get a better understanding on the matter. And thermodynamics.
>>
>>19092852
You want a romantic reason. You need one. Because the true laws of nature are to vague to you. Then drop it, make kids and have fun watching them grow.
>>
We're in a self powering matrix of the machine that is the universe
>>
This is one of the reasons why I believe an ultimate creator some like to call god HAS to exist. What religion that may be Idk. The more you think about it, the more confusing it gets. The thing is, if you think that a comey with life or qliens dropped a seed on earth, where did life come from tue aliens? Where did it all originate? This leads back to some creator becoming evident. How was Earth so perfectly placed, how did we reproduce or become organic? We may never even know the answers to these questions which is quite depressing.
>>
>why does life exist
For God to share his love, mercy, and justice though accepting the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>19092793
You are a retard with no real understanding of science
>>
>>19092845
>and suns are nowhere near as complex as a single celled organism

how about you create some sun in your backyard then you fucking retard
>>
>>19092728
my very crude answer is it happened because it could.
>>
>>19092728
It's an imponderable. Don't question it since you'll never find an answer. This thought is just a construction of language but you really shouldn't bother thinking about it.
>>
>>19092728
>Why would or should life spring out of this inorganic matter?

if we're approaching this like scientists, it's not a "why" question, it's just a "how" question.

abiogenesis is NOT well understood and has never been (completely) reproduced in a lab. however the general assumption is that if you have the right kinds of hydrocarbons in a pool, eventually they'll randomly line up in a way that lets them propagate, and that's life. basically. it's a monkeys-and-typewriters kind of assumption.

my friend who has his PhD in zoology and evolution thinks abiogenesis is very, very unlikely, and Earth is probably very lucky to have managed it in only the billion years or whatever it took.

>how was the first life able to reproduce right away?

this is also not the right question. the first life was the first life BECAUSE it was the first bits of chemical junk that could reproduce. that's when life began. before that it was just lipids and acids and stuff floating around and randomly combining and dissolving. it's not like there were complex amoebas for billions of years and then suddenly one of them figured out how to make babies. this is literally like one chemical chain in the soup that, when exposed to the other little hydrocarbons around it, glommed onto them in a pattern that made itself bigger so it could glom on to more. kinda like how stars form - at first it's just random hydrogen drifting around, but once gravity pulls a clump together, that clump's density starts attracting more hydrogen and it snowballs.

there's an argument to be made here involving thermodynamics. it's not AT ALL necessary to imagine a "direction" or a "tendancy" for life to form from random hydrocarbons. it might happen in the first thirty seconds or it might take thirty billion years, if it's a truly random process. but once it DOES happen, you've hit a state that's going to make it keep happening.
>>
>>19093401

<cont> it's the same argument that makes evolution work. if you have two molecules floating in a mud puddle, and one of them makes more of itself and the other one doesn't, which one are you more likely to see in the mud puddle a year later? the one that reproduces.

>how would it have any plan or mechanism for making more of itself?

you seem to be confusing "life" with "intelligence". there was no plan. there was no "motivation" for reproduction. as soon as you have a chemical chain that attracts other chemicals in a pattern that makes more of itself, you've got reproduction. not for any reason, just because once that happens you can't get rid of it.

go find an online simulator to play the game appropriately called "Life". it's super simple, like chinese checkers, but using only a handful of rules you can generate patterns that reproduce. complexity and order emerge from chaos naturally. it's not magic, it's math.

of course if you're determined to see god everywhere, you're going to find a reason to believe a wizard must have done it. but i think that's a dumb human anthropomorphization. god is something infinitely more interesting than a big invisible old man who lives in the sky with all our dead pets.

instead of assuming god must have created life because you can't figure out how to create life yourself, imagine that god set the mathematical constants of the universe in place 14 billion years ago because he was smart enough to know that life would eventually create itself from chaos.
>>
God moves matter. Matter is everything. God is everything.
>>
>>19093367
I'd like to see you creating a single celled organism, then.
Stars aren't complex. They're just huge amounts of hot gas. All the processes in the star are automatically triggered by the universe's forces, and the star itself doesn't have to do anything. It's kept together by gravity, it burns because of gravity, it dies because it can't burn anymore. A single celled organism has DNA. Instructions. It doesn't just go by inertia.
>>
God made life, dummy. gb2 /sci/, faggot.
>>
>>19094037
DNA are not instructions.
It's compound just limits it ability of duplication.
It's like a box of Lego, without the instructions. There is only a limit amount of creations you can get out of one box.
>>
>>19092728
There is no purpose. It just does.

There's no purpose for you to live. You just do.
>>
>>19092845
>they don't use energy they produce energy

That's one way to look at it, sure. But without fusing together all that matter they've collected, they wouldn't exist, and once they've consumed too much, or no longer have matter to feed on, they die.

>burning fuel is not using energy

And yet if they don't burn that fuel, they die and no longer exist.

>and suns are nowhere near as complex as a single celled organism

And?

A single celled organism is nowhere near as complex as a human being, but we don't deny that it is alive just because it's simple.

When it comes down to it, the life of a star is very similar to any other life form. They are born from a marriage of matter and gravity, they have a metabolism that consumes matter and produces heat, and they reproduce multiple generations of offspring that, while similar, are unique in their own ways.

In many ways, a star is indeed a living entity. Hell, they made us and every other living thing on the planet, and we still depend on our star for life.
>>
>>19094056
No, it's clearly instructions. Start. Stop. Repeat. Ignore. Etc.
>>
>>19094105
Stars don't reproduce, anon.
>>
File: star_benis.jpg (34KB, 570x405px) Image search: [Google]
star_benis.jpg
34KB, 570x405px
>>19094118
They fug, maybe there's consequence.
>>
>>19094107
Oh boy. Do you get your education from Starbucks?
>>
>>19094136
No Graduate school.
>>
>>19094136
I dunno. I kinda agree with the other anon. He's making more sense than you are.
>>
>>19094118
>Stars don't reproduce, anon.

They sure as hell do. They just do it in their own way. Our own star is the child of a parent star that existed long, long ago.

Pretty arrogant to dismiss something simply because it's different.
>>
>>19093315
oh really explain it to me wise guy.

explain to me how I'm wrong about RNA world
and explain to me how a molecule that isn't alive will randomly start replicating itself
oh wait you can't!
>>
>>19094162
I'm dismissing it because that's not reproduction.

Sandstone is made from grains of sand which once came off of larger rocks.

That doesn't mean rocks reproduce. It's just a recycling of material.
>>
>>19092728
Why does consciousness exist? More direct form of the question, in regards to humanity. That and perception. The biggest mystery of them all.
>>
>>19094172
That's also, just changing the subject. Anon said parents and children.
>>
>>19094177
Have to wonder, how rational adults end up believing they are the center of everything. Makes FE understandable. In that people are so ego driven, that them not understanding means the truth is being hidden.
>>
>>19093367
oh yeah and I can create single celled organisms in my backyard
are you completely retarded?
most of you atheists don't even seem to understand the claims made by science
you just oversimplify it in a way that makes you sound smart and then if anyone dares to question it you tell them they're stupid and they don't understand science
too bad for you retards I love science
but the reality is there are two things science will never be able to explain no matter how advanced our understanding becomes
1. how life can arise spontaneously from non living matter
2. how the universe can come into existence from nothing
>inb4 my singularity
>inb4 cyclical universe
it doesn't matter how many dominoes you go back it still doesn't explain how the dominoes started falling down in the first place
science hasn't gotten any closer to explaining how the reactions that started the universe started reacting in the first place
if you accept that the universe isn't eternal and at one point it didn't exist and then another point it did
then logically you must accept that something outside the universe created it
if you think the universe is eternal and doesn't have a starting point than your theory has no more logical merit than believing in God
and no my point isn't to shit on science my point is that creationism is not only valid but logically sound
and creationism can in fact be supported by science.
God caused the singularity to explode in the Big Bang
and God caused life to form from non-life
>>
>>19094172
>I'm dismissing it because that's not reproduction.

Sure it is. It's just a different method than the one we are accustomed to and are willing to acknowledge.

>a recycling of material.

Yes, and no. Yes because stars use remnant materials, but no because time and gravity changes that remnant material to create new matter that "recycling" alone can't do.

The sandstone came from the rock, but it was always sandstone, and if it gets compressed into a rock again, it will still be sandstone. The matter that gets produced and ejected into the cosmos by stars to produce new stars, is always undergoing a process of transformation from one form to another, and that's just a bit different than recycling.

Stars aren't "alive" in the same sense that we are, I agree, but maybe that's just because we're too stupid and arrogant to accept anything other than our own definition of "life" in the cosmos.
>>
>>19094185
>anon said parents and children

And I said recycled material. Our sun contains some of the elements of a previous star. The same way a piece of sandstone will contain grains of sand from a previous rock. That doesn't make them parent and child.
>>
>>19094211
The same thing applies to God. If everything had a creator, somebody would have had to created God.

Creationism cannot and isn't supported by science. Creationism is a rejection of science.

Also, theologically, you're resorting to a "God of the Gaps" argument. Which is vapid, even for theology.
>>
>>19094212
Gravity doesn't create the matter anon, it just brings it all together.

The way waves might deposit sand on a beach that gets buried and turned to sandstone.

>It was always sandstone

No it wasn't. The sand that sandstone comes from can be made from any kind of rock, not just previous sandstone.
>>
>>19092791
Life locally opposes entropy, though, creating more entropy in its distant environment. That's a key detail.
>>
>>19094242
Entropy doesn't apply since it's not a closed isolated system.
>>
>>19094233
>waves might deposit sand on a beach

Waves don't change the atomic structure of matter. The intense gravity found inside a star does.
>>
>>19094257
Nuclear reactions don't matter when it comes to whether or not something is reproducing. They've got nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>19094259
>Stars aren't "alive" in the same sense that we are, I agree, but maybe that's just because we're too stupid and arrogant to accept anything other than our own definition of "life" in the cosmos.

Whatever, dude.

We're done.
>>
>>19094247
The universe is defined as an isolated system. The combination of life inside the universe is therefore also a closed, isolated system. Life locally decreases its own entropy, while increasing the entropy of the surrounding universe. When life dies, the entropy of the surroundings rushes in quickly, degrading the configuration of the atoms. Other life forms are quick to sweep up the body before it is unusable.
>>
>>19094269
>We're done

To be fair, you never even got off the ground.
>>
>>19094105
you're just using semantics to try and blur the line between living and non-living (is there a better scientific term???)
and bring question to the little qualities of life I said
there are a lot stricter definitions to life that science gives us to decide whether something is alive or not.
but the 7 signs of life weren't relevant to my argument

but anyways getting back to your nonsense
stars do not reproduce anymore than rocks reproduce
you can keep trying to word your way into saying they do but they don't
the fact that a star forms from the ingredients of a dead star is not reproducing

and the chemical reactions that keep stars burning for billions of years is not them using energy
stars aren't alive and they don't "need" energy to continue existing
all they are is giant dense balls of hydrogen that are on fire
they're really damn cool and their mechanisms are beautiful but unless youre actually trying to argue that they're alive then you're wasting everybody's time

and my mentioning complexity is important because there's no molecule that isn't alive that can compare to the complexity of the simplest cell
and understanding the immense complexity of a cell helps to understand my point that they couldn't have formed randomly regardless of chance.
and more importantly that there's no mechanism or logic that can explain why a molecule would start replicating itself

and b4 you say it again even if we agreed that stars reproduced, which they don't, that isn't nearly the same thing as RNA directly replicating itself in the RNA World theory
>>
>>19092728
>Also, how was the first life able to reproduce right away?
it probably didnt. odds are failed life was more common. take viruses for example. they cannot reproduce on their own. they have some of the trappings of life and vary in complexity but cant reproduce without a host

viruses type failed life might have been around for a while before single celled organisms which could reproduce
>>
>>19092728
chances are the very first life couldn't reproduce, and simply died later

possibly millions of tries occurred before the first life had the mutation of duplicating itself and furthering existence, but that's all it took to start all this bullshit since mutation (change) was inherent in life, evolution began

and death occurs because as new life is created, the old life is obsolete and needs to free up space and resources for the superior version of itself

species that died fast compensate by fast reproduction, and consequently fast evolution allowing it to survive and dominate over species that stayed too long and didn't have other traits to stay on top
>>
>>19094220
pretty basic atheist arguments you're coming up with here
but how about you go read my post in its entirety instead of chomping at the bit to call me ignorant
you can say science and creationism are incompatible all you want but they are because if you understand science well enough and you understand the theories behind the creation of the universe well enough you'll find that there is no logical merit over the creationist explanation and the atheist explanation
either the universe created itself/always existed or God created it and always existed
and the point that God requires a creator is in invalid
the universe has rules, God doesn't
>>
File: Selikoff1.jpg (121KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Selikoff1.jpg
121KB, 600x450px
life exists because consciousness is a mathematical function of the set of functions that exist.

Life exists as we know it because our particular brand of consciousness needed an explanation for how humans got here. AKA evolution from small organisms.

The crux is that we came first, we just retrocausally invented a justification for our human shape aka lesser organisms we evolved from out of logical necessity.
>>
>>19094289
>Everything requires a creator
>except for God he doesn't count
>because that invalidates my argument

This is a type of logical fallacy called "special pleading."

Here's a good explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxHKXc7ohF0

Creationism is the rejection of evolution. It is inherently anti-science. There is no room for it in science, or in any rational person's mind.
>>
>>19094297
>logic is relative
no it isn't
you probably have the worst explanation out of anyone here
our limited understanding of things does not make our understanding of the universe invalid or relative

intelligence, sentience, understanding, and logic are not some small things you can just dismiss like that
>>
>>19094319
what the fuck are you on about? It's like you're arguing with someone who said something totally different from what I said.
>>
>>19094308
>creationists reject evolution
nope wrong again.
I'll get Back to you on your other sad arguments later I have an appointment
>>
File: 1493022342705.png (325KB, 522x593px) Image search: [Google]
1493022342705.png
325KB, 522x593px
>>19094247
>spouting random physics ideas hoping that they somehow disprove what has been said
>>
>>19094331
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism
>>
>>19094329
your argument that the distinction between life and non-life is meaningless because you reject the validity of logic and human intelligence as a metric
and my reaction to that is: you're an idiot
>>
File: slapindaface.jpg (29KB, 347x252px) Image search: [Google]
slapindaface.jpg
29KB, 347x252px
>>19094319
I demand satisfaction. I can't believe this shill is completely trying to avert attention from my post with disinfo about what my post was about.

I demand satisfaction and I challenge this punk ass to a duel of wits.
>>
>>19094341
oh if Wikipedia says something so it must be true?
you're fucking retarded huh?
I'm a creationist
I believe in God
and I believe that God gave life the ability to evolve
and this isn't unheard of because CHARLES DARWIN WAS A CREATIONIST
you can't put rules on philosophy and schools of thought you imbecile
>>
>>19094343
you are way off. I think my post went way over your head.
>>
>>19094355
that or you don't understand what I'm saying
in fact I think you don't understand the implications of your own argument
that or you failed to convey it properly
>>
>>19094289
this is true
every scientist who is also religious believes that science is simply putting numbers and labels onto all the systems that God used to create everything

therefore, there is no conflict.
>>
>>19094354
>Charles Darwin was a Creationist

No, Charles Darwin believed in Evolution.

Also he was an atheist.
>>
First of all.

>your argument that the distinction between life and non-life is meaningless

no that is literally not my argument. My first argument is simply that consciousness is a mathematical inevitability.

my second argument was that because consciousness took the form of humans we needed a material explanation for how we got our bitchin rad meat suits, so our consciousness invented the past to explain it.

>you reject the validity of logic and human intelligence as a metric

where do you even get this? I claimed something was a logical necessity, so clearly I accept that logic has some validity

>and my reaction to that is: you're an idiot

yeah at least I fucking read you muppet
>>
>>19094331
Sorry bro but he's making more sense than you are =)
>>
"The insurmountable rage to be."

funny thing is, we exist in the sleep, we're not even the living machinations.
>>
File: IMG-20170526-WA0016.jpg (71KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170526-WA0016.jpg
71KB, 400x340px
>>19094362
>Charles Darwin was an atheist
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>19094380
Yup.

He was religious in his youth. Considered become a pastor. But that was just a phase.

Darwin died an atheist. Look it up, dummy.
>>
>>19094375
your approval doesn't make him right
and the statement that creationism and evolution are mutually exclusive is absolutely false
>>
>>19094380
He was agnostic, you useless piece of trash. You don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
>>19094385
he was buried in a church (by his own request) and he wrote to others about his findings on evolution bringing glory to God
you are very misinformed
Darwin was never an atheist for even a second
that's pure atheist propaganda
>>
>>19094389
Not according to the widely accepted definiton and usage of Creationism.

If you want to use the word improperly, that's your own problem.

Also keep in mind, proponents of Creationism continually lie about their own claims so they can weasel it into the public school system. "Oh it doesn't reject evolution, it's just an alternative scientific explanation, blah blah blah"
>>
>>19092819
well, actually- check this out! you may be surprised to know that the science of protolife discusses how they believe life may have begun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySwrhMQdX4
>>
>>19094397
lemme guess YOU'RE an agnostic too right?
sorry but you're woefully misinformed
Charles Darwin was born and died a Christian
>>
>>19094398
He was buried in Westminster Abbey next to other famous scientists like Newton. Nothing to do with Christianity.

Glory to god shit is just figures of speech.

Again, feel free to look it up. You'll look less foolish.
>>
>>19094399
>widely accepted definition
you're an idiot my friend
ALL CREATIONISM MEANS is that you believe an intelligent creator created the universe
evolution has nothing to do with the definition of creationism you moron
>>
>>19094407
because newton was a Christian and so was Galileo fyi
I'm. not making this shit up
>>
>>19094413
No, that's not what that means. I understand how you arrived at that childish misconception, but that's not what it means.
>>
>>19094413
>ALL CREATIONISM MEANS is that you believe....

....some stupid shit created out of our own ignorance.
>>
>>19094417
They were both Christian yes.

Newton's buried at Westminster Abbey because he was a famous Englishman. Same as Darwin. On the other hand, Galileo was not buried at Westminster Abbey, even though he was a Christian.
>>
>>19094420
>>19094422
>atheists are triggered by the fact that evolution and creationism
interesting
you idiots are hilarious
creationism is a school of thought
look at the root words you stupid morons

ALL CREATIONISM MEANS IS THAT AN INTELLIGENCE CREATED THE UNIVERSE
you can say it doesn't all you want but that's ALL IT FUCKING MEANS
I've never seen atheists that were so btfo by logic before
sucks to be stupid I guess
>>
>>19094438
>ambulatory means that you drive an ambulance
>THAT"S ALL IT MEANS
>you people are idiots for being wrong!
>>
>>19094438
>ALL CREATIONISM MEANS IS THAT AN INTELLIGENCE CREATED THE UNIVERSE

Ignorant idiots believing ignorant shit invented by other ignorant idiots.

>logic

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
>>
The beginning is always begging, time is relative.
>>
>>19094429
point is he wouldn't want to be buried at a church if he wasn't a Christian.
>>
>>19094611
That's the point, but it's wrong.

He was a famous Englishman, so they buried him there, despite the fact that he was an atheist.
>>
>>19094448
creationism and evolution ar not exclusionary
your own damn Wikipedia link even mentions that there are types of creationists that accept the premises of evolution
stop being stupid.
right now!
>>
>>19094627
there is zero evidence pointing to Darwin being an atheist other than confirmation bias on the part of atheists
him being the founder of the theory of evolution is not evidence of him being an atheist
and all historical records indicate that he was a Christian
the fact that he was buried at a church indicate that he was a Christian
so unless you can provide evidence that indicates otherwise you must assume that he is a Christian
burden of proof is on atheists to prove that he was an atheist
because the circumstances of his life and death tend to point to the most likely assumption that he's a Christian
>>
>>19094661
Well there's his autobiography.

""By further reflecting that the clearest evidence would be requisite to make any sane man believe in the miracles by which Christianity is supported, — that the more we know of the fixed laws of nature the more incredible, do miracles become, — that the men at that time were ignorant and credulous to a degree almost incomprehensible by us, — that the Gospels cannot be proved to have been written simultaneously with the events, – that they differ in many important details, far too important as it seemed to me to be admitted as the usual inaccuracies of eyewitness; – by such reflections as these, which I give not as having the least novelty or value, but as they influenced me, I gradually came to disbelieve in Christianity as a divine revelation...."
>>
I think life is just a rise of very complex chemical reactions contributing to the universes entropy and eventually death. DNA is basically the replicating robot idea that spreads and replicates itself to conquer a solar system.
I think viruses are a stepping stone of what we consider "life" since they aren't really alive or dead. There could even be another life form stepping stone so to speak that we haven't observed/created. The other question would be what is consciousness and where does it originate from. If teleporters break you down to atoms and reassemble you would you be the same person? If you got a head transplant (assuming its successful) who wakes up?

Watch minutephysics series about entropy its like a 5 part series that explains how life/complexity does not go against entropy.
>>
>>19094220
>The same thing applies to God. If everything had a creator, somebody would have had to created God.
cause and effect require time

God created time and is therefore outside time

God sees all at once, and lives in a state of Eternal "Now", which is why His name is "I Am That I Am" (note the tense)

from this state, the reference frame of the Singularity, the Universe issued forth in the Big Bang event

because there is no time at the singularity, there is no cause in the singularity, therefore the Universe is REQUIRED TO HAVE COME INTO EXISTENCE WITHOUT CAUSE.

you are trapped in time, anon, but everything that exists is not.

you're a fly on flypaper
>>
>>19096324
Nope.

See the video here
>>19094308

You can't have it both ways.
>>
>>19094297
>The crux is that we came first, we just retrocausally invented a justification for our human shape aka lesser organisms we evolved from out of logical necessity.
brilliant
>>
>>19092793
"I'm sure I botched"
Yeah. Yeah you did. This is what happens when you try to google "Why is life here?" and skim the first paragraph of the first three hits.
>>
The first life forms were likely extremophiles which have been found in crystals of salt carbon dated to 2 to even 3 billion years ago. Stromatolites are the oldest rock formations on earth and are literal clumps of fossilized extremophiles, and scientists have researched sand crystals and found evidence of carbon based life up to 4 and a half billion years ago. That's when life started. The extremophiles can live long there is no doubt, if you want to research a cool multicellular extremophile look up water bears
>>
>>19096324
>God created time and is therefore outside time

Bullshit.

Have you taken a look around at the world your "god" created? It's FUCKED UP.

Any supposed "god" capable of creating all of existence would be powerful enough to do it without all the fucks up inherent in our current world.
>>
>>19092728

The bible was written by a bunch of uneducated goat fuckers and you expect me to believe in those fairytales of some sky daddy watching over me. Christianity has been debunked years ago. It's old and outdated, only reason people still believe in it is because they can't face it that when we die we rot in the ground. If you believe this crap go ahead but don't drag smart intelligent people down due to your ignorant, whitewashed, old ideologies.
>>
>>19096649

I fully agree, he'll not only that but even if your "God theory" is correct (which it's not) time is a man-made construct rendering that example invalid. Just goes to show blind faith will make people believe in the stupidest things when it's all so clear.
>>
File: thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg (44KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
44KB, 500x406px
>>19094661
>>19094690
Rekt
>>
>>19096764
You've lost all touch.
The only emotion you must feel, according to your post, is anger.
God is in the trees. You breathe his breath and speak his words.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1443651017231.jpg (44KB, 687x473px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443651017231.jpg
44KB, 687x473px
>>19092728
>>
>>19096649
God gave the world to man to care for.
>>
>>19096817
>I reject Christianity. It must mean I'm emotionally unstable

Christians, everyone
>>
>>19096817
>God is in the trees. You breathe his breath and speak his words.

1) I'm not angry just not delusional like you.
2) I breathe in oxygen that the local foliage give off through a process called photosynthesis.

You don't think like a rational adult but like a child who got spoon Fed christianity his entire life. If you want to waste your life praying to a master who doesn't even exist, go ahead. I'll live my life and die knowing I lives it to its fullest potential not on my hands and knees begging to get salvation.
>>
>>19092728
Please, dear God, approach each day as a child. The beginning of wisdom comes by acknowledging that you don't know jack squat. Read some holy texts, get in the world and watch the life squirm about, it's amazing. Quit making life decisions based off what your screen of choice tells you. Quisi science babble gets you nowhere, there is deception in man made designs. Go do something with your hands, people.. I used to believe this place had something real to share, but take a step away for awhile in the right context and you see how far gone it is.
>>
>>19096817
>seethingneckbeard.rar
>>
>>19096847
I pray to what is. That's it.
I've got a grasp of the truth. You are spinning in darkness. There is a way out. You are angry, I wish you could find appreciation in life. No amount of words from your confused mind will change truth. What you spew is what has helped to put the world in the chaos it is in. We use systems the systems put in place by God, we cant change them. We are at Mercy to them. There are lessons to be learned from all of this. An ass knows this better than you, it seems, because you don't seem to be at peace with it. Find what is right in front of you.
>>
>>19096847
you have a lot to learn. your view of God is totally flawed and very confused. you are the one being spoon fed garbage. Best spit it out and ask for something good instead.
>>
All the seats at the Sunday masses,
Filled with the mass's massive asses,
Classes pass as fast as molasses.
Ceremonial reading glasses.
Read a little bit of Leviticus.
All the kids are a little too little for this.
All the parents nod in agreement -
"I think I can vaguely see what he meant."

It's too early in the morning glory
To read another allegory story,
The father, reads a little bit farther,
Assuring the assured that they need not bother
"When God, in verse 45, said that slaves are okay to buy,
He meant that people, all from the start
Each have slaves within their hearts.
Things, that we have sold or boughten, that are forced to pick our 'moral cotton'
God calls us to set these free, free our hearts from slavery...
And then as God goes on to explain the logistics of buying and selling slaves...
He was messin' around... Jes- Jes- Jesus is sort of, like..."
In the back, I sit and I nod to the beats that are bumpin' from my iPod
My god, they're starting to pray
And over the music I can hear them say,
"Dear God, dear Lord, dear vague muscular man with a beard or a sword.
Dear good all-seeing being,
My way or the highway Yahweh.
The blue-balled anti-masturbator, the great, all-loving faggot hater,
I'd like to thank your holy might for making me both rich and white
And though this is your day of rest, I come to you with one request
There's so much pain beyond this steeple,
Wars and drugs and homeless people.
Sadness, where there should be joy, hate and rape and soulja boy.
A world in darkness needs your light, so I'm sure your schedule's pretty tight
But my dog just had leg surgery if you could fix that first...
>>
>>19096836
I detect much angst from one post. I so popular.
>>
>>19096888

Obama, could you pass some hope to the pope
I know a couple dudes who wanna elope
See the church said, "Nope" so the bros can't cope.
The bros can grope but the bros can't cope
They've been in love, they've been addicted
Who said they shouldn't? Benedict did.
Cause in the holy land of the Lord, he's the holy landlord and dicks are evicted.
Cause you can be a Benedict if you've been a dick under Benedict but
You can't have Benedicts because there's only one pope with only one dick
What?
Yeah, a dick on a pope is
Just like a soap on a rope, cause it's
Pointless, unless in prison,
Throw up your Bibles, Christ has risen.
Hallelujah, now it's raining men,
Because the gender ratio is 1 to 10.
Winos at the eucharist station, trans-gendered-substantiation
Jesus wasn't the messiah, get back I'm a heretic and I'm on fire
It was Oedipus, and those holy nights
The holy motherfucking Christ.
And I'm a blasphemah, post-katrina, cruising the marina.
On a crusade to cruise aids
And blast FEMA
You're too late, we're fucked we don't need ya.

Amen,
In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Head, shoulders, knees and toes
Turn up your nose, strike that pose.
HEY MACARENA!
>>
>>19092728

If you're a true fan name three of his albums
>>
>>19096888
I'm sorry you took the time to post this. It's just stupid. What is it with the who can be the biggest ass competition? Is this really that funny, or do you now just feel like an idiot? Dont base one person off of everyone you think you know. If you don't think that at least one someone who goes to a nearby church doesn't care, or think of your well being, or wouldn't give you the shirt off their back, your entirely wrong.
>>
>>19096917
Life isn't about smarts or being the wileyest of Wiley coyotes. Take it seriously or not. But maybe you should reinvision what you think God is before trying to tear the idea down entirely. We, as humas beings, are connected to everything on this planet, science that 4chan jocks. The world is in the shitter, even Christians get this for the most part. There are those of us seeking to change it, and there are others compounding it. The deception lays in what you think you know and therefore think you should learn of no more. There are good people who care about you more than you care about you and they aren't on this website, they aren't in the pharmaceutical industry and they aren't likely in government. You have to realize there is something better in order to achieve that which is better.
Wake up and do something for your mom or dad, or brothers and sisters across the sea. This website doesn't contain the world. It holds no promise except the echo chamber you see before you
>>
>>19096953
Fin
>>
>>19096821
>this is what idiots actually believe...

We can't even care for our fucking selves, dude, let alone "the world".
>>
>>19096994
There are some who take care of themselves and also help many others in a single lifetime.

Are you even trying? It doesn't seem like you are even up to 4 Chan standards with such a narrow minded post. Or is that what 4chan is pumping out these days? Narrow minded posts. You dont even believe in what you said, yet you said it. Sleep and approach tomorrow as if you expected the sun to never rise again. Quit wallering in your filthy self pity.
Double dog dare you.
>>
>>19097041
>a few assholes "taking care of themselves"
>meanwhile there's billions of shitheads on the planet

This is the last (you) you're getting from me, you delusional fuck.
>>
from randomness emerges order, wich degrades into randomness again, from wich order rises again. a balance is ideal. it's not chaos vs. law. it's the chaos of law, and the law of chaos. life, just like planets and galaxies and other sets of things, comes from this cycle, clash, interaction, or whatever you wanna call it.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.