[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Proof of the Paranormal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: virginia ground sloth.jpg (42KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
virginia ground sloth.jpg
42KB, 300x232px
I have to ask.

Does /x/ actually believe any of what it posts, or are all of you guys just trollers and gullible/ bored normies?

I'm new to this board, and from what I can tell there seems to be no conclusive evidence of anything /x/ believes. At first, I thought /x/ was for cryptozoologists and the like, but after seeing threads about becoming vampires communing with faeries, I feel /x/ is all just elaborate lies.

So do you have anything to reaffirm my belief, or are you going to let my belief in the arcane die?
>>
File: q4mcl0.png (581KB, 1872x624px) Image search: [Google]
q4mcl0.png
581KB, 1872x624px
How to properly browse /x/.
>>
>>19091603
There is alot of bullshit here. It is full of pre-neophyte tier people who havent learned or experienced jack shit in terms of real esoteric knowledge.

But magic is real. You wanna know why it doesnt work for most? Because they dont fully BELIEVE in it. You HAVE to have total faith with no doubts in your mind for shit to work.

Start small. Start simple. Then work your way to more "out there" shit.

Im still at the point where i am skeptical of most things i see/hear. But i am working towards true success as one who can bend reality to their will.

Have you ever gotten into meditation?
>>
It's shit and gold. You get some people that are interested in cryptozoology and the like, some that like scary stories, trolls, and even some that clearly have schizophrenia.
>>
>>19091603
Someone posts this shitty thread every day
>>
>>19091603
>elaborate lies.

Well they're lies but I wouldn't say elaborate
>>
>>19091642

>There is alot of bullshit here. It is full of pre-neophyte tier people who havent learned or experienced jack shit in terms of real esoteric knowledge.
Is there any way to tell the difference between the lies here and the truth? I come to /x/ to experience the paranormal second hand, and I don't won't an experience based on lies.

>Have you ever gotten into meditation?
I've never meditated, but I often get lost in contemplation when I do mundane tasks.
>>
>>19091655
As I said, I'm new here. I've didn't know that I was posting an overused thread.
>>
File: 1494981095291.png (76KB, 1638x744px) Image search: [Google]
1494981095291.png
76KB, 1638x744px
>>19091603
>>
>>19091703
Well, you cannot experience something that does not exist, to answer your first query. Trust your instincts. If it feels right, go for it.

Secondly, meditation is not about getting "lost in contemplation." What you are experiencing is a type of focus. That is different.

Meditation is about emptying your mind. Like a cup. And once you are practiced at emptying your cup, you can fill it with whatever you please. But it is very very important to learn to quiet your internal voice.

What i find allows me to enter this state is to follow a rhythm with my breathing for a few minutes, then turn my attention to listening. Just listen. Listen to the sounds of everything around you. Allow the sounds, even if it is just silence, to FILL your mind completely. No thoughts. No words. No images. Just let the external world wash over you.

After a time, you may start to have random thoughts and such pop into your awareness. Do not force these away. Just allow them to come, then go. Like a car passing by you whilst standing on a lonely road at night. Do not focus on the thought. Focus on the sounds around you.

This is the first step to magic. Once you have learned to truly quiet your mind, you can move on to choosing exactly what to fill your awareness with, and playing with whatever you choose to let in.

Magic is like hacking a computer. You GOTTA get the basics down before jumping into unknown territory, lest you fuck something up.
>>
File: thinking-troll.png (154KB, 657x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-troll.png
154KB, 657x600px
>>19091603
>trollers
I could swear there was an abbreviated term for a person who does this.
>>
>>19091742
Interesting. I will try this.
>>
>>19091742
>>19091754
After meditating, what would be step two?
>>
File: brdige troll captcha.jpg (118KB, 733x603px) Image search: [Google]
brdige troll captcha.jpg
118KB, 733x603px
>>19091753
no joke. spooky
>>
>>19091765
It is honestly a LOT to type out, fellow seeker of truth.

The gist of it is that once you have learned to meditate properly, you have to learn how to hone your visualization skills. There are various exercises for this.

I do not claim to be a master. If anything, I am still a neophyte myself.

But this is a good resource from what I have seen so far (have not read all of it personally, I plan on going with it as I advance so as to not confuse myself)

http://bluefluke.deviantart.com/gallery/52627976/THE-PSYCHONAUT-FIELD-MANUAL
>>
File: too spooky troll captcha.jpg (210KB, 1285x561px) Image search: [Google]
too spooky troll captcha.jpg
210KB, 1285x561px
>>19091753
>>19091778
>>
>>19091603
Shitty rp is slowly becoming the bane of /x/. I'm all for a good ARG or something along those lines but whenever I see some shit about tulpas or "how do i summon a succubus" or some faggoty vampire shit I check right the fuck out. You wanna Rp? play some fucking DnD or vampire or whatever your kink is, just leave us outta it.
>>
File: Lovecraft.jpg (427KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft.jpg
427KB, 1280x1792px
>>19091787
You have given me the components I need to truly explore the arcane.
Thank you.
>>
>>19091808
All in the name of advancing humanity out of its own shitfest, brother. Thank you for listening.
>>
>>19091603
It's always a mix of trolls, normies, and people actually interested in the paranormal.

>after seeing threads about becoming vampires communing with faeries, I feel /x/ is all just elaborate lies
You need to recognize the idiots, and avoid or mock them.

There is actually a lot of lore behind fairies, but that lore says they're best to be avoided, and anyone who talks about them being sweet winged pixies is probably full of shit. Vampires likely come out of misunderstanding the processes of decay, and contrary to popular culture, even if they exist you wouldn't want to be one. It's said to be a horrible existence.

If you want to talk about cryptozoology though, we can talk cryptozoology. That photo looks like a chimpanzee and a photoshopped creature together.
>>
OP Well Jell cause not vampyre magik.
Fuck off back to the future
>>
>>19091802
Almost as bad are the repetitive posts. You know the ones I'm talking about; the one autism making the same post as soon as the old one hits bump limit, even though it's the same every single time.
>>
>>19092011
It's a mangy bear in the original, and a ground sloth shooped in for comparison.
>>
>>19091603
>Does /x/ actually believe

We don't provide proof because even if we told you to summon a demon and you did, you'd come back later saying it was a mental process of the subconscious.
>>
>>19091642
>my bullshit didn't work and it's all your fault for not falling for it ALL THE WAY

Baloney. You do not need ANY faith to make a real thing work, much less "total" faith. It does help to not actively DISbelieve in it (because if you do that, you end up transmitting against your own magic), but anything from slightly skeptical on up should be fine.

Some magic works. Some does not. If it doesn't, it's either bullshit or you screwed up the method somehow.

PRACTICE. Trying to skip the usual layer of n00bishness (and corresponding lack of results) inherent in all human learning curves by "believing harder" is like trying to break a cement wall by bashing your head on it harder.
>>
>>19093084
Well from direct experience I find that about half of what you said to be true.

Belief is a large part of the process. That is why you have to start small. The OP said he/she was completely new to all this, so they are obviously a skeptic in some way.

If you re-read the thread I think you may find we are in more agreeance than would be believed at first glance.
>>
>>19093900
Or rather than belief, you could substitute that word with "certainty" in your actions.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.