[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypnagogia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.

>On antidepressants because real life.
>Make me have trippy as fuck dreams
>Really trippy dreams like acting out 'Waiting For Godot' on a M.C. Escher set up or donating blood in a MacDonalds style blood bank
>Be lying in bed next to Husband. Both fast asleep.
>Suddenly sit bolt upright
>Open eyes, motherfucking slenderman looking motherfucker standing at the end of my bed.
>Nope.jpg
>Slenderman looking motherfucker leans in towards me over the bed, smiling.
>Shove husband and ask him if he can see it too.
>'Who?'
>'The guy in the suit at the end of the bed'
>'Go back to sleep'

TL:DR: Weirdest shit you've seen whilst half asleep.
>>
I once headbutted a wall because I thought it was a sheet of glass my GF was trapped behind.
Woke up to a smear of blood down my wall and ruined bedsheets.
Funny as fuck but still seemed pretty fucking real to me at the time.
>>
i dont sit up in my sleep but my dick does.
>>
>>19091116
You clearly have no idea what you are writing about and are faggot
>>
>>19091172
OOH. YA GOT ME. YA GOT ME REAL GOOD.

Anyone else want to add anything of discussion value?
>>
>>19091116
Cloaked (hooded) shadowy figure floating in the corner of my bedroom. It suddenly flies towards me and I freak. I fully wake up.
>>
>>19091189

Like a spectre or like a shadow person?
>>
Twice now have I heard my name called clear as day while I was half asleep.

The first time it happened the door to my room flung open without anyone being in the house.
>>
>>19091236
Thats fucked up.

I get that, but thats when I am awake.

You ever get that exploding head thing?
>>
>>19091116
one night i woke up around 3-4am, paralyzed laying on my stomach with my arms at my sides, i can feel my body vibrating intensely and it feels as if i'm getting viciously attacked and ravaged by demons, except they aren't actually clawing at my body or soul but rather a sort of energy field around all of my body, i can't really explain it that well but that's what it felt like. so i'm like fuck, this is so scary i wish i wasn't here, and some sort of realization comes to me that i dont have to be, so i imagined my consciousness shooting out to somewhere safe and i shit you not, it's like i just teleported onto a boogie board in the same position i was in on my bed, (belly down and arms at my side)onto some tropical island beach racing across the water at 90mph. it was so serene and nice and i felt so peaceful. and after just a few seconds i drift off back to unconsciousness. but the weirdest part about it was how real it all felt, like looking back on it right now it feels almost exactly like a real life experience that i had, but it was all in my head.. so trippy
>>
>>19091243
What exploding head thing?
>>
>>19091293
Exploding head syndrome

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
>>
>>19091291
That is fucking trippy
>>
>>19091303
Oh no thank god but I do experience something kind of similar?

Randomly my tinnitus flares up really hard. Instead of being high pitch itll drop down a few decibels from "beeeee" to "boooo" and that only happens when start the process of going into resting mode. It happens to my gf too. Worse than that, though, is when the tinnitus abruptly stops. When that happens the air around me gets heavy and it freaks me the fuck out.
>>
I am still on the antidepressants. Different ones, but still on them and I swear sometimes I can hear people calling me.

What if antidepressants cause you to hear things that normally you couldnt?
>>
File: IMG_0259.jpg (17KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.jpg
17KB, 206x210px
Never really seen anything, but i often have an intense feeling of space/timelessness. Like I'll be in several places at once. It's really a trip.

My most recently remarkable experience was what I could only describe as a feeling of familiarity. I can't remember what I was even thinking about but I remember waking from my hyponogagic state feeling very pleasant.
>>
OP here.

Had another encounter last night.

Dreamt I was in amsterdam in a gift shop dedicated to dicks and gay parophenialia. Put it down to whatever.

Then, I was sort of awake. And I could hear people talking.

It live on the ground floor and we have our windows sort of open so its sort of expected.
Except they were in the room.
Couldn't move this time. So I couldn't ask husband if its real. He was fast asleep. He always is.

Medication is venlafaxine (effexor for Amerifags)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.