[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i wanted to get into Aleister Crowley, should I just start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: AleisterCrowley101013.jpg (58KB, 683x420px) Image search: [Google]
AleisterCrowley101013.jpg
58KB, 683x420px
If i wanted to get into Aleister Crowley, should I just start at any random point, or should I read them chronologically, or is there a specific order I should read them in??
Sorry if this gets posted a lot, I am very new to this board.
>>
>>19090879
What specifically do you want to know? If his personal life, Start with "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley." If his system, Read all 4 parts of Liber ABA, then all Class B A.'.A.'. Documents. They are all in the mega link over in the /omg/ thread.
>>
>>19090888
Well I am interested in learning his ideas and philosophies so what I initially meant was his writings unless reading his biography would be a better way to approach it.
I will check out the Liber ABA, thank you my dude
And I checked the thread and the links have expired :/
>>
>>19090912
They shouldn't have...

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
I literally just opened this one. Ask in the /omg/ thread if you need guidance. just tell them what you're looking for if you can't find it and someone will probably help. Unfortunately, Ape, the guy whose library it is, won't be around for another couple weeks potentially, and the thread has been really dead lately. I am heading home where I don't have internet otherwise I would help you out more.
>>
>>19090941
Also, hermetic.com has a bunch of his works, just type a title in the search bar...that way you don't have to download them if you are unable for any reason. But their collection, AFAIK is no where near as complete as Ape's.
>>
>>19090879
all you need to know is that he liked it up the ass
>>
>>19090975
Also, be mindful there are loads of Anti-Crowley shills and /pol/ MUH JOO inepts that are going to shitpost in this thread. Most of them have barely read a fraction of the Crowley Corpus, by the way, and if you are a discerning adult I suspect you will do sufficient reading beforew passing judgement in one direction or the other. The main thing is, he tells people they shouldn't take his word for what he says, but rather try it out themselves for proof of some kind.
>>
>>19090879
If this is your first look at the occult I recommend Manly P. Hall's The Secret Teachings of All Ages. It covers a wide range of systems and mythology that will be useful to know when studying Crowley and other writings. Ophiel's AP of the Occult is good too. Crowly can be a bit much if you are just getting into this. He has a distinct style.
>>
File: aleistercrowley.jpg (36KB, 490x444px)
aleistercrowley.jpg
36KB, 490x444px
Before starting any kind of occult study, especially one involving mid 20th century guru types, I would highly recommend you do the following:

Make sure you understand the general hierarchy of most initiatic traditions, especially in regard to access to their knowledge and their attitude about keeping people in the dark.

Then make sure you know what a "blind" is in the context of an occult writing. Make sure you know what the "green language" is. (See also birdspeak, bird language, twilight language.)

Ask yourself how much information is truly being made publicly available in a manner that is actually likely to help you.

You may just find yourself inferring, purely from the structure of it all, that it's a bunch of deceitful horseshit and a waste of your time.
>>
>>19091952
>aleistercrowley.jpg
Isn't that the Dianetics fucker, though?
>>
>>19091974
it's a joak anon
>>
The more you read the less you'll want to know. He was a hedonist who didn't do a shred of good for anybody.
>>
>>19092036

To be fair, I'm sure he wrote some useful stuff for people who have access to the verbal tradition.
>>
>>19091952
Quality post
>>
Alister Crowley = Mussolini = Cagliostro
It was always the same person.

Am still mad about that Hitler. Always so many ppl around.
>>
I had some crowley books, crazy shit.
every time I would open up to a random page it was like it was narrating my spiritual process. Really good information in those pages.
>>
>>19092071
He wrote VOLUMES of useful stuff, so that even iof someone didn't want to practice magick but rather get into mysticism, they could benefit greatly from his works. Ape hosts all of the Crowley corpus in his mega library, including unpublished diaries and manuscripts. He was also incredibly well disciplined, contrary to popular belief.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.