[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/UMG/ - Unsolved Mystery General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 14

File: ~JOF0W{S5}8]Z)06GP(YS{G.jpg (77KB, 761x742px) Image search: [Google]
~JOF0W{S5}8]Z)06GP(YS{G.jpg
77KB, 761x742px
>the Somerton Man
A body was found on Somerton Beach, Australia, in 1948. The man had no identification, labels had been torn out of all of his clothing, and although it appeared he had been poisoned there was no trace of poison in his system. A worldwide manhunt found no one who could identify him. Eventually, a scrap of paper found in a secret pocket sewn into his wasitband with the words "Tamam Shud" ("it has ended" in Persian) was found, and linked to a unique copy of a rare book. When they found the book, they found the page that the words had been cut from and inside the book there was a code.

Lots of speculation about this case. Some people think he came to town to settle personal business, things didn't go the way he wanted, and he killed himself with some kind of poison. Others tend to think it took a wrong turn and he was killed and dumped. Fringe theorists tend to think he's some kind of international spy who was found out and disposed of. It's a mystery.

Speculate on this mystery + post others. Going to also post a few more to get the thread kicking.
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Who Killed Bill Comeans?

>Bill Comeans was a freshman in high school
>Gets threatening notes in his locker
>"You were warned", "You have 3 months to live", etc
>His girlfriend gets a note saying "Bill doesn't have much time left, so make the best of it"
>Assaulted by two men who knocked him off his bike, covered his head with a plastic bag and strangled him in September
>Parents reported the attack to police.
>Assaulted and strangled in October, this time he was choked with a rope and left for dead by the side of the road, but he recovered and staggered home to his parents who again contacted police and took Bill to the hospital because of the rope burns on his neck, scratches on his face and appearance of his face (petecia)
>In January he was taken from the front of his home when he told his parents he was going to go get his sister to bring her home for dinner
>Found less than 30 minutes later, strangled to death on the side of the road, death is ruled suicide
>Letters continue after his death, taunting family
>His family keeps a twitter alive to this day in his name with eerie tweets and messages from Bill's POV https://twitter.com/billcomeans
I believe the letters from after his death were found to be coming from a woman with mental problems on his street, and that she wasn't related to the death in any way, she was just tormenting the family afterwards.
>>
File: E2NZ]92@L3]6Q_WTA0R7NBL.jpg (65KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
E2NZ]92@L3]6Q_WTA0R7NBL.jpg
65KB, 760x428px
Who killed Missy Bevers?
>45 year old fitness instructor is killed in a church
>Missy arrives shortly after 4:00am to set up for her fitness class that she holds
>Students arrive at 5:00am, find her dead in the church, call police
>Surveillance video shows someone in police clothing entering the church and walking around, checking rooms and prying them open with some kind of tool (unofficially speculated to be a hammer) to pry open different doors in the church
video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUISKYJsJqw
>Video cameras are motion activated and don't show the person breaking in, though they determined there was signs of forced entry
>Several doors were breached
>Cameras didn't pick up any interaction between the victim and the suspected assailant
>lots of speculation about the person in the video
>some people think the person has a fake leg, others think they may have an injury or a bum knee from being overweight
>some people think it looks like a woman dressing up to hide her gender and make the police look for a man

>weeks later, a sporting goods store down the street from the church released from the night of the murder
video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgRoqhoIxnY
>it's being theorized online that the suspect broke into the church, fled down the street and waited to see if there was a silent alarm activated, and stayed there to watch if police came up the road to the church
lots of people speculating that it's a woman, as i said. lots of other people are speculating it was her husband's father. It has come to light that they were having marital problems, and missy may have been having an affair with one of her students.
>>
>>19090386
Here's the video of the father in law that are making people suspect him, lots of people say he has a similar walk to the murderer. Others say he's way too jovial and happy to have just gone through the loss of a loved one, but I don't know how much stock that holds since you dont know how close they were and you don't know how people are going to react to this type of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs

video of his walk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9b1dIi9E2M

He apparently has photos on facebook geo-tagged from California and time-stamped as the day of the murder, though some online speculate that he retroactively added these photos and dates later on. Worth noting that apparently he rarely if ever uses facebook, but he uploaded several that day in particular. The husband also had a solid alibi and was out of town with others at the time of the murder.

interesting to note, the father in law brought two shirts to the dry cleaners to get blood cleaned from them. He said the blood was from a dog which was attacked that he picked up. The shirt was apparently tested and the tests proved to be non-human blood.

and that's basically what we know at this point.
>>
>>19090377
this guy did something horrible to someone else, so horrible that he kept it a secret knowing coming clean might save his life. there's no way all of this just randomly happened to him
>>
>>19090980
retard
>>
File: 1226UFVT_LARGE.jpg (42KB, 327x500px) Image search: [Google]
1226UFVT_LARGE.jpg
42KB, 327x500px
I've been browsing through the Doe Network's archives for a few weeks now, it's just super interesting for me to go through all the unidentified remains and case files they have. Haunting, to say the least. Many of the other cases of unidentified remains tend to point to either suicide or undetermined causes, and in those cases drug use or other diseases could be the cause. Not every case is like that, it's just that this case is an explicit case of murder while most of the others are a little more murky.

One case that has stuck with me though is one from 1935, where three bodies were found in the woods in Vermont. Here's a pretty good article about the investigation:
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2016/10/30/history-space-middlebury-cold-case/92958366/

Ultimately nothing has been determined and the three were never identified, unfortunately. I guess it sticks out to me because the three were obviously murdered.

What do you guys think about this? They were found in 1935, but the remains were fully skeletonized. The article states they had likely been there for 3-5 years, considering a tree root enveloped one of the kids' legs. Here are the Doe Network pages for each of the victims:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2517umvt.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1226ufvt.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2516umvt.html

Not sure why we don't have a clay model of the third one, maybe that skull was too damaged to model?

Anyway, just wanted to throw this in there, it's really interesting to me. One of the kids even had expensive dental work done, so why was a mother and her young children out in the boonies? Why were they killed? Do you think there's even any point in continuing to investigate this many years later, when anyone who might remember them is long dead?
>>
>>19090367
If the scrap of paper was in a secret pocket, he would have to take it out to wash his pants, right? Otherwise the paper would get ruined. So did he just never wash those pants? Or did he sew it in during his last few days, knowing he would be found dead and someone would find that scrap of paper?

>>19090377
Without looking into it, were there any witnesses to the first two assaults? Did anyone else corroborate his story? When he was abducted from the front of his house, did his parents see or hear anything? The simplest explination is that it was suicide. He was depressed or mentally ill and wanted attention, and thus constructed these events in such a way to gain pity or sympathy from his parents or those around him. He very well may have been choked with rope and plastic bags and stuff, but he did it to himself. The final attack, the one that left him dead, was just another attempt to garner attention/sympathy/pity, but he went too far and ended up actually dying.

The alternative is, of course, that there was some sort of conspiracy to kill this kid for no conceivable reason and his death was covered up even in the face of a lot of evidence to the contrary. Simple explanations always trump convoluted conspiracy theories.
>>
>>19090367
It was communist spies
t. Native south Australian
>>
>>19090367

I always found these murders to be mysterious but doubt it will ever be solved because of how old it is and the lack of leads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinterkaifeck_murders
>>
>>19090980
there was speculation he saw the coaches/teachers molesting kids but i don't know why they'd warn him they were going to kill him if that were the case, why give him the chance to come forward
>>
>>19091717
living there doesn't give you any special insight or knowledge
>>
>>19090367
>Somerton Man
Interesting case. All signs point to suicide. I like the possibility that he was a US marine or sailor who went AWOL in aus during the war. There were over a million of them:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane
>>
>>19092583
million servicemen, not AWOLs
>>
>>19092533
Of course it would. Local legends always have some merit of truth.
>>
>communist spies
>australia
ehh
>>
>>19090388
Not paranormal but fun read
>>
>>19092583
>All signs point to suicide
..no? they point nowhere?
>>
>>19092964
the 'it is finished' clipping suggests suicide as well as the circumstances and location of death. it's by no means conclusive
>>
>>19090386
>murdered in a church
reminds me of the arlis perry case though that was a more obvious sexual psychopathic murder
>>
>>19093007
No it doesn't suggest suicide, what the fuck? How the hell does "it is finished" suggest self harm any more than a targeted attack? Location also has absolutely no indication pointing to suicide in any way. And we don't know the circumstances for sure other than speculation. There's literally nothing pointing to suicide.
>>
>>19090367
I believe espionage is definitely involved.
He looks pretty slavic to me, also.
The codes, the messages hidden, It's all too convoluted for a suicide.
He could've been a spy in hiding, Australia in 1948 wasn't exactly accesible.
>>
>>19092583
but even if he went AWOL, someone would reconize him at some point. I really think he was a spy, only spies dont have identity, use codes, nobody can identify him, etc. He could have been working as a spy for 20 years, he was around 40.
>>
The Somerton man case has been poured over by so many people it's boring to me. Everyone thinks one thing or another and it's not like we ever make any new discoveries in the case. Bad idea to start thread with him too, since it just encourages endless shitposting about one theory vs another.
>>
Ask Cicada what It Knows about the Somerton Man. They do.
>>
>>19093456
No it's a great story to start a thread on because everyone knows it and instantly enters. I tried starting two /UMG/s with Bill Comeans this week and they both died within a day, and other unsolved mysteries have varying longevity and attractiveness on the catalog. Its great because people enter the thread, but the entire thread isn't going to be about him because of exactly what you said. Everyone has already talked about it and every angle in every way. When another mystery is posted that grabs people it'll steer attention in that direction.
>>
File: V[FPROM)KB{M92RU`$X5O3M.jpg (50KB, 470x482px) Image search: [Google]
V[FPROM)KB{M92RU`$X5O3M.jpg
50KB, 470x482px
here's another popular one, and it's frustrating the shit out of me because there's been basically no breaks in the 4 months since this has happened.

>13 and 14 year old girls get the day off of school due to a teacher in-service meeting thing or whatever
>Relative of one of the girls (either sister or mother, can't remember at this moment in time) drops them off at a place they request to be dropped off to
>Long bridge in the middle of the woods, used to be a train track apparently
>One of the girls, Liberty German is being active on snapchat throughout the day, her account shows that she was snapping pictures of the other girl, Abigail, all day.
>Girls didn't show up at the place they told their guardian to pick them up at later
>Search for girls
>They're found off the bridge out in the woods, both dead
>Appears they've been murdered, I don't believe an actual cause of death has been released at this point (though there's lots of local talk and rumors)
>Liberty's phone is recovered and it looks like she took a video of the killer, if not the entire killing
>Police only release 2 still frames from the video (pic related) and one fraction of a second audio clip.
>Very few leads on who this man is. Suspicious that he's so bundled up, seeing as the girls were in pretty light clothing, leading to speculation that he was expecting them (though it's just speculation and police haven't commented on it one way or the other)
>Video was apparently much longer (I've seen some people say 10 minutes, some say 23 minutes, some say 45 minutes) but they haven't released any more of the tape for whatever reason (may be that they want to withold information for interrogation purposes, or to vet reliable leads; could simply be that it recorded their actual murder and it's too gruesome to release publicly)
>>
>>19093916
Here's the sound clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOXDOHFWnco
I'm super fucking interested in this case, but as the days go by it seems to get colder and colder, hope the find this guy soon or at least release some more of the video. I think it'd be beneficial to release at least a segment of the video of him walking, we can see from the frames he's got at least one stride in frame. Could help narrow down suspects if released publicly.

Here are a few other videos that some guy took the time to map out. He outlines the exact locations of everything to get a better perspective of what happened and where with nothing more than 3 screenshots released to the media and a video taken on the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3twaMV9Fg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpzjx51h5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBE422LFIdg

God bless the dude who took the time to make these.
>>
>>19093918
>>19093916
In my opinion, the police royally fucked up this investigation in some way, and it has prevented them from pursuing any suspects or leads. Either they illegally searched and/or seized evidence, or they were sloppy in their investigation and destroyed crucial evidence. They can't release more at this point because they can't actually catch their suspect due to mistakes or illegal actions in their part.

So they release a tiny bit of evidence to keep people guessing, hoping he strikes again so they can catch him next time. It's probably why the FBI showed up to, they realised they fucked up and asked for help, and the FBI told them they're fucked and to just play it down and hope he strikes again soon.
>>
>>19094019
I think it's just a small town that's never dealt with this before keeping tight lipped and being over-protective of information because they don't want to screw up and release too much information that makes them unable to verify tips or confessions.

Maybe you're right though, but I don't see what difference it'd make if they released one full stride of the video rather than two stills, even if they fucked something up. We know they got the video from Libby's phone and we know that the police have named him the suspect, which means there's a good chance theoretically that the act was caught on the phone. Mismanagement of physical evidence wouldn't really be relevant if they could get probable cause to arrest him through the video
>>
>>19093916

Being over dressed is common when you're homeless.

They'll never find him as he's off in another state.

Kids shouldn't hang out in remote regions on rail lines as freight riders (notorious for being mentally shattered) can easily hop off, do their thing, and hop on the next train.
>>
>>19094055
Because the police KNOW who did it and they have the suspect, but due to poor case management and/or illegal actions, they CAN'T arrest the guy for the crime. They can't release any more evidence to the public, because then someone might actually ID the suspect. At that point, the police have to come out and say "yeah, he did it, but since we fucked up we have no case against him and he'd walk". Now I'm absolute positive they don't want to do that, so instead they refuse to release any more evidence and keep the public guessing. On the other hand, since they know the suspect, they keep a close eye on him and if he does kill again they can nab him and hopefully get him to confess to the murders of the girls.
>>
>>19094072
its not an active rail road dingus
>>
>>19094082
i see literally 0 evidence to support that but do you my man
>>
>>19090367
can't y'all start with something that isn't linked in every thread
>>
>>19094082

It's a small town, there is zero chance the police hide the suspect even if they fucked up. They would bring charges against him for anything possible and let the courts figure it out. Even if he got off on appeal it would be years and the police would want everyone to know so he isn't able to kill someone again. They aren't using their community as bait.

Also there's pretty much nothing they could do that would stop them from bringing a case forward. Even if the walked in someone's house and forcibly took DNA and other evidence without a warrant or cause they would use that evidence and it's up to the guys lawyer to get it thrown out, but the judge would still know about it. This isn't TV, you don't get a case thrown out for murder because the local rookie spelled the guys name wrong on the paperwork, or because a cop beat the guy up upon arresting.
>>
>>19093251
maybe the suicide possibility is too boring for you?
>>
>>19094181
Why has literally only 1 second of dialogue been released from a much longer video/audio file? Why are there literally only 2 stills released from a longer video of the man? Why have the FBI begun to pull out of the case? Why has no additional information been released about the case? We don't have any autopsy results of even a cause of death. If the police really wanted help solving this case they'd need to release a hell of a lot more of the evidence they have than what we've gotten. It all points to them pretty much giving up, which is odd because they're still maintaining that they want to catch the guy, though they seem to have stopped giving a shit months ago.

>>19094326
>It's a small town, there is zero chance the police hide the suspect even if they fucked up
I'm not saying the police are hiding the suspect, I'm saying they have a suspect but simply can't act at the moment because they fucked up. Small difference, but very important. They aren't protecting him, they're protecting themselves. It's likely they made very grave mistakes either in processing the evidence they have, or very grave mistakes in tipping off suspects who then destroyed evidence or got evidence illegally.

As you said, it is a small town, and I doubt the local police force has dealt with a case like this in a long time, if ever. I'm sure a lot of the officers involved took it very personally that such a horrible crime could happen in their city, and when tempers run hot, even well trained cops make mistakes. Even little things like forgetting to tag and bag crucial pieces of evidence can result in huge problems at trial. If my guess is correct, then the people in charge of the case are simply deciding to sit on it because their case against the guy isn't 100% rock solid. Imagine if they take this case to trial and the guy does walk, what then? A lot of heads are going to roll, from judges to chiefs of police. I'm sure they don't want that either.
>>
>>19093251
>How the hell does "it is finished" suggest self harm any more than a targeted attack?
The guy sewed the paper clipping in his own pants. He would have to have done that when he knew he would be wearing those pants for the last time, since it was presumably impossible to remove the note for washing without tearing open the secret pocket. He would have to know that he wouldn't get wet after death either, so that a medical examiner or someone would be able to find AND read the note. Every bit about the note being there points to him wanting it to be found and not stolen by someone, meaning it was put there intentionally with the thought in mind as to his final resting location and what may happen to his body after his death (picked over by some druggy or kid looking for cash).

>Location also has absolutely no indication pointing to suicide in any way
Are you kidding? He was on a beach, facing the water, with a ciggy in his mouth. What better way to ride out some poison than by staring out at the ocean and just slipping away while listening to the waves?

>And we don't know the circumstances for sure other than speculation.
True, we don't know anything about him, but is it so hard to believe he may have killed himself? Thousands do it every day around the world, he would've been just one more statistic in the books that year. I agree, it's very suspicious circumstances, but it's not unthinkable that he could've killed himself.
>>
>>19094774

That's simply not how it's done. Even if police know they fucked up they take what they have to trial. It's not up for them to decide. It isn't their job to figure out what's allowable in court, that's the judges job to figure out what's allowable.

Even if they had a suspect with minimal evidence they'd lean on them hard and look for confession or a plea. It's possible they don't release more info because they only had a couple still images that we see and a short voice clip. Either that or the rest of the videos and pictures are too graphic or possibly meaningless. They have to keep some information quiet otherwise every crazy in the state comes out the woodwork with details about the case only they know.

Say the rest of that video is the dude falling. No better view of his face, just him falling. Now when crazy John comes out to say he killed those girls they can ask "what happened after the picture was taken". If he says "I fell" that's real indisputable evidence, if they release the video it isn't.
>>
>>19094907
>Even if police know they fucked up they take what they have to trial. It's not up for them to decide

I understand that's not the job of the police, I was implying the prosecutors involved in the case are simply sitting on the case for the moment. I might not have written that out clearly enough, but that's what my point comes down to. The prosecution has looked over the evidence collected and has decided for some reason not to move forward with the case for the time being.

>Even if they had a suspect with minimal evidence they'd lean on them hard and look for confession or a plea.

And if that fails? If the suspect knows his rights were violated and was smart enough to get a good lawyer early on, then what? They can't just rush into a trial and then hash out the details in the courtroom, it'll drag on and on and the jury will realize what a weak case the prosecutors have. It's too big of a risk to rush into a trial and just hope the suspect confesses or pleas, especially if he has half a brain and has good legal council.

I realize my theory is just a theory, but until we see any movement in the case it's got just as much weight as any other theory. I understand we won't see every piece of evidence, even after the case is concluded, but what we have now is laughable. Maybe that really is the best the cops have to go on at the moment, but if that's true, then this case will never be solved.
>>
>>19095235

You implied prosecutors are sitting on evidence and knowledge of the murderer and are waiting for him to strike again. Don't backtrack now.

If they think they know who it is, or have nothing but circumstantial evidence, they would watch and wait until they found more. If they had a video and audio of a murder being committed with DNA at the scene, they would not be waiting around because some prosecutor is worried about appeal. I took 6 years of law and criminology classes, nothing you're saying makes sense. There simply aren't fuckups big enough to make a prosecutor with an ego the size of Jupiter not take the biggest case in local history to trial with whatever physical evidence he has.

This isn't some TV show, and cops didn't find the evidence through a warrantless search. It was on the victims bodies at the crime scene. The shit you see on TV with suspects refusing DNA collection rarely happens. The pretty much force you to submit before you're allowed even a hint at bail. People sit in jail on trumped up charges for years if they don't cooperate. All that speedy trial bullshit never happens in real life, there is always something that stops it from going through, and it's usually the over burdened public defender or private attorney with a huge caseload that needs more then 7 days to go through a case thoroughly.

Prosecutors love these cases, these cases turn local Prosecutors into US attorneys. They'd go to trial with almost nothing if they thought it would bring exposure.
>>
>>19094774
I agree. They most likely have a suspect, but they can't act on it because they have no concrete evidence on him. Happens all the time
>>
>>19095852

That happens all the time, having a suspect, but knowing who committed a crime and waiting for him to strike again never happens outside drug and nonviolent crimes. With violent criminals they would have that person on 24 hour surveillance until they put a case together. Either by having them in custody awaiting trial or having them followed 24/7. They would never just let the person go and hope they link them to something in the future no matter how badly someone fucked up the protocol.
>>
>>19090367
>they found the page that the words had been cut from and inside the book there was a code.
spy

OP went bad

that's why "unsolved"
>>
>>19090386
>she may have been cheating
Good for nothing whore got what was coming to her. Based Dad saving his son from divorce.
>>
>>19092295
Had to have been the neighbor(s).
>>
>>19093916
Looks like a handgun in his right coat pocket.
>>
>>19093916
>>19096190
how did the images / sound survive? he just left her phone alone? pretty thoughtless for a supposedly planned murder
>>
>>19093916
they found the fuckin guy and fuckin killed him
>>
>>19094774
Does seem strange. The girl must have continued recording while he approached them which means there must be a better shot of his face. As well she kept recording in her pocket, so there must be even more dialogue that could help people identify his voice.
>>
>>19096409
police never disclose all the evidence in their possession
>>
>>19090367
>Cicada for the Government
Lol
>>
Elisa Lam's death has always spooked me. She was found dead in a water tank after a really creepy video of her in the hotel security camera picked her up.
Link for elevator vid: https://youtu.be/3TjVBpyTeZM
>>
>>19096636
welcome to /x/, enjoy your stay
>>
>What are synthetic bodies
>>
>>19090980
bullshit faggot
>>
>>19096636
babby's first paranormal mystery
>>
>>19096248

This actually is a good possibility. Something similar happened in the small upstate New York town I lived in. Two young children were abducted, raped and murdered, the police had taken a suspect into custody but he had to be released for various reasons, a week later the guy turns up in the lake with three gunshots to the back of his head. It was an open secret that the police had killed him, but nobody was ever going to call them out on it.
>>
>>19096636
Her case really stuck with me because I felt like that could've been me if I let my demons take control.
Depression and anxiety will consume you and make you feel like death is the only way out.
rip elisa lam
>>
>>19096205
why would he take her phone? he has no reason to take it if he didn't know he was being recorded. it's just a way for them to track his movements via pings if he takes it with him. no reason to.
>>
>>19090980

the very definition of victim-blaming

> I know nothing about this 14 year old kid but surely he deserved to die, because bad things never happen to good people
>>
>>19093916
how did the girls die?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_William_Tyrrell

This is the weirdest Australian case that's active.
>>
>>19097746
hasn't been made public, but local rumors run the gamut. there was some rumblings that their funerals were open casket, but both of them had scarves on their neck, some retards think that means they were decapitated, but it's more likely that if the scarves are relevant to hiding a wound, that it'd have been strangulation.
>>
>>19096205
Can't say for sure whether the phone was recovered or if they just got them through icloud/another way. I dont think they were on snapchat because if they were anyone from her friendslist could have screenshotted them and released more.
>>
>>19092295
Didn't the neighbor in this case have a child with the daughter or something? He empregnated her or something? I thought that was a theory, that he killed the family to keep that under wraps.
>>
>>19092591
so enlighten. How did you manage to get this information? Or does posting bullshit for attention get your rocks off?
>>
>>19094295
When I do that, the thread dies. It's easy to start with something everyone knows/feels the need to give their input on and introduce other cases throughout the thread. As I've already explained, I've done 2 threads this week that have 404'd with lesser known cases. At least I didn't start with Lam.

>>19094769
No, in fact I believe he did kill himself. I believe that because it's the simplest answer. It's got holes in it as well, though. That doesn't mean "all signs point to suicide". That's why it's a mystery. My personal belief is that he killed himself, but there's nothing to firmly say that he did. I'd be open to being swayed as well if more compelling evidence were found one way or the other, though at this point that seems very unlikely.
>>
>>19094774
.>>19094774
>Why has literally only 1 second of dialogue been released from a much longer video/audio file?
FBI got involved and that's all they wanted to release. Beyond that is speculation. My personal thought is that they want to jog memories without giving too much detail about what happened and where, as to vet tips and verify confessions. I think the "hill" is a red herring of some sort. They released that so the public thinks the murderer ordered the girls down the hill before killing them, but it could have just been an out of context piece of conversation he was having with them or with an accomplice before or after the murder. That way any tips that say "such and such told me he lead the girls down the hill and killed them" could be immediately ruled out.
>Why are there literally only 2 stills released from a longer video of the man?
Again, I'm not sure. I'm not an investigator. I personally would have preferred to see a walking gait of him, I think it'd bemore descriptive but I'm sure the FBI has their reasons. If they fucked something up, why would they release the photos at all? Why not deem it inadmissible and just say they have no evidence of who did it?
>Why have the FBI begun to pull out of the case?
Becuase it's been four months with no solid leads and that's how the FBI operates. As a case goes cold less time and manpower and budget is allocated towards working on it. It's not like they've completely withdrawn, but as you have less information to work with and comb through, you need less people to work on and comb through it.

>Why has no additional information been released about the case?
Same answer I gave above. I'm assuming this is mostly at this point on the small town PD who was told by the big guys about keeping evidence back to vet tips/confessions, and they're under the microscope now not to fuck up, so they're being very careful. I'm surprised we haven't seen more, but then again I don't know what else they have. (1/2)
>>
>>19097828
(2/2)
>We don't have any autopsy results of even a cause of death.
That's not uncommon for open cases. Sometimes the cause of death is very apparent and released to the media, this time it wasn't. Now if someone says "blankity blank told me down at the bar that he slit those girls from Delphi's throats" but they know it was a strangulation or a gunshot wound, they know that tips isn't viable. There's 0 reason to release the cause of death unless it's a distinguishing mark such as a specific or rare kind of weapon that the can tell from the wound which may help the public identify him.They're not here to appease us with information, cause of death could be important in their investigation.

Autopsy reports are generally only released once a case is closed as well, I believe.

>f the police really wanted help solving this case they'd need to release a hell of a lot more of the evidence they have than what we've gotten.
Again, not necessarily. If they want to stir up more leads then sure, a clip of him walking may help. So would another out of context vocal clip. Maybe we'll get one. Maybe we won't. Maybe they don't even have one and those two frames are the only too clearest that they have. We don't know what the police know. We have no idea what they can and can't release.
> It all points to them pretty much giving up, which is odd because they're still maintaining that they want to catch the guy, though they seem to have stopped giving a shit months ago.
Nothing points to that at all. They're not even calling it cold yet. They're still actively investigating and still actively airing billboards all over the country. They've far from given up.

Keep in mind that not updating the public every step of the way =/= giving up. It's frustrating for us on the outside looking in, but for all we know they could be right on the guys tail. If they had given up they'd have called it a cold case file by now and say that no leads have been coming up.
>>
>>19094789
>The guy sewed the paper clipping in his own pants. He would have to have done that when he knew he would be wearing those pants for the last time, since it was presumably impossible to remove the note for washing without tearing open the secret pocket. He would have to know that he wouldn't get wet after death either, so that a medical examiner or someone would be able to find AND read the note.
I think this is something that gets intercommunicated a lot due to poor wording (and I'm guilty of that myself in the OP)

From what I understand (and maybe i'm wrong) is that he sewed a secret pocket into his waistband, but he didnt seal it. It wasn't sewn shut, so the paper could have been removed or added at any point.It could have been a body that was redressed and (hence the labels being torn out) and dumped after a murder, with that message left in the pocket. It also could have been something as simple as a religious thing. Whether suicide or not, maybe it was put there as a spiritual well wishing into the next world or something, "it has ended" meaning his life, so he can go in peace to the next or something. Again, I don't know, but I don't think it's solid enough to say it points to suicide, and I don't think it's solid enough to say he intended for it to be found.

What if it started raining? He was on a beach, what if he got wet some how? Would have made more sense if he intended it to be found to do it in some shelter where weather couldn't get to him. If he wanted a safer location to be found he could have held it under his tongue, in his nose, maybe even in his hand, his shoe, socks, anything. I'm not sold on it being intended to be found, myself.

(cont)
>>
>>19090367
my theory on this:
>Somerton Man meets Jestyn at the start of the cold war, bothing being Russian spies. She spoke fluent Russian and him, well we dont know.
>fall in love, she gives him the rubayat as a love token and writes her humber in the back for him to contact later, obviously espionage and booty call purposes
>they fuck and she ends up pregnant
>he goes back to commieland to return a while later, demanding he sees his child
>she's moved on and is with another guy, this guy being very black market and most likely has access to drugs (thought she could too, being a nurse)
>the child believes the new guy is the father
>Somerton Man turns up at her door one day, maybe Jestyn and her new man knew he was on his way
>Russians notorious for poisoning enemy
>he ends up eating the pasty (found in his stomach as his last meal) prepared by her, laced with digitalis (alternatively, he may have smoked cigarettes laced with the poison, sold to him by Jestyn's black market boyf)
>he dies in her house and is dumped on the beach
>Aussies dont know who he is
>Brits dont know who he is
>Yanks dont know who he is
>Is definitely not asian
>more than likely Russian
>Russia wont admit to having a Russian in australia

easy really.
plus the one guy thats leading the amateur investigation into this (Prof. Derek Abbott) recently admitted that he's married a woman closely related to Jestyn/Somerton Man
>>
>>19097860
>>19094789
>Are you kidding? He was on a beach, facing the water, with a ciggy in his mouth. What better way to ride out some poison than by staring out at the ocean and just slipping away while listening to the waves?
Anecdotal. If that appeals to you then that's cool, but you can't look at that scene and say "suicide". It's just as plausible that he was found dead or murdered and put there to look like a passed out drunk (which is what some people thought he was at first). I'm not ruling it out, as I've said before I think it probably was a suicide, but I wouldnt say the way he's found "points to it" in any way.

>True, we don't know anything about him, but is it so hard to believe he may have killed himself? Thousands do it every day around the world, he would've been just one more statistic in the books that year. I agree, it's very suspicious circumstances, but it's not unthinkable that he could've killed himself.
Absolutely not. Like I said, I lean that way myself. Based on speculation and circumstantial evidence that may or may not be accurate, I do believe he's killed himself. I'm still curious about nothing showing up in the system of him, and the fact that he could never be ID'd, and the weird things like his labels being gone, the american comb, etc, but no I don't find it hard to believe that he killed himself. I find it hard to believe that's the only explanation though.
>>
>>19097869
yeah i find it hard to believe that he killed himself too. Having american made items means nothing when there's a black market around the end of world war 2/start of the cold war. he was killed. wasnt there a report of 2 men around his body the night before? or dumping him there? its been a while since i looked at this case. the facebook page used to be brilliant until some fucking sad old bastards trolled it and got it taken down
>>
>>19096024
Assuming you're the anon that says he took 6 years of law and criminology classes, have you ever looked into the West Memphis 3 case at all? Thoughts on the trials?
>>
>>19096190
Could be but it looks like it's pointing backwards, I've seen a photo of someone tracing out a gun's shape in the pocket but it seems like it'd be holstered and pointed backwards under the coat. I think it's just a wrinkle. I think if he had a gun its in the hand he's covering up.
>>
>>19096409
It's possible but you can't bank on that. Maybe once he got close enough she just slipped it in her pocket so he wouldn't see it, but it'd still record audio. Or maybe he's just masked too well to see a face. It's impossible to tell at that distance.
>>
>>19096636
Even her family has come to terms with the fact that she probably just had a delusional episode or anxiety/panic attack which lead her up there. No spoopy shit or murder. The thing that used to make this case weird was the misreporting of the water tower itself, and how she would have had to close it behind herself, but I believe that was misreporting and only one tank was like that, and it wasn't the one she was in. (could be wrong, been years since i've looked for updates so check that if you're interested)
>>
>>19097528
Wouldn't the body have been found by now? I read another theory that the guy died or killed himself after doing the murders, but I think a body would have turned up unless he went into like, bigfoot tier deepwoods in a place where he'd never be found.
>>
>>19092591
No they don't. The merit of truth is that a man was found dead on the beach.
>>
>>19090377
Reminds me of Cindy James
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Cindy_James
>[Cindy] had been drugged and strangled, and her hands and feet had been tied behind her back. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police believed that her death was either an accident or suicide.
In the seven years before she died, Cindy reported nearly a hundred incidents of harassment beginning four months after she left her husband. Five were violent physical attacks while others were whispering to silent phone calls.
>>
>>19097874
I think there was some eye witness reports that were unconfirmed. I remember something about a guy being out there that morning (early, still dark) with a horse or something? and he said he saw two men in the area of the body smoking cigarettes or something. It's been a while for me too, but idk if that'll ring any bells for you. I remember specifically the guy said something about a horse. Either he was riding his horse or training it for races or something, or he saw a horse, don't quite remember but I think I know what you're talking about.
>>
>>19097899
If this is the case I'm thinking of, wasn't this the woman that was previously married to a psychiatrist?
Might be confusing a few different cases here but I think that he was a bit of a black widower, and would manipulate his wives into killing themselves.

Then again there's something about that case (if it's the one I'm thinking of) that didn't line up to suicide for me. Was this the one with the crimescene photos of her in the woods? I remember the suicide theory being plausible, if a bit unlikely, but then I noticed she wasn't wearing shoes and he feet didn't look blistered or cold which they definitely would have been in the snowy woods.

Maybe I'm confusing two or three different cases though, because I can't actually find the picture i'm thinking of.
>>
File: Kite-FBI-poster.gif (111KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
Kite-FBI-poster.gif
111KB, 700x906px
Murder of Oakey "Al" Kite

One of the craziest I've seen.

>Kite set to rent out an extra floor at his home
>Man interested in renting named "Robert Cooper"
>They come to a deal
>Kite had no kids or wife but had a girlfriend
>Girlfriend goes out of town for the weekend
>Cooper who has a limp (possibly faked) asked for help moving furniture down the stairs
>When Kite had back turned, Cooper attacks him
>Ties him up
>Spends rest of the weekend torturing him
>After done, cleans up crime scene
>Takes shower and bleaches everything
>Sleeps
>Calmly leaves
>Goes to ATM to take some money off of debit card
>Money was not suspected motive as he could have stole a lot more.
>Police find out Cooper had spoken to other renters but reached no deal with them.
>Some said he had a limp, other times he didnt
>Some said he had a Romanian accent, some said he didnt
>Kite's girlfriend said Cooper avoided her and she never saw him
>Kite's neighbor said hello to him and Cooper turned away to hide his face and did not speak
>Cooper had a burner phone that pinged off of several towers all over town indicating he did not stay in one place long
>Cooper told Kite and renters that he was sent by Wells Fargo from out east
>Wells Fargo had no employee matching description and none recently moved out east

Main police theory seems to be it was all set up so he could just find someone to torture for the weekend. He even brought his own torture kit.

Police have no idea who he is but suspect he had done it before and has done it since.

One possible exception to the theory, Kite had worked at a couple of nuclear plants. So it's possible Cooper was a spy or terrorist.
>>
>>19090377
I wish this one got more attention. There's a podcast about it but I don't know how many people will actually listen to it here, as it's a bit of a time commitment to sit down and listen to, but it's interesting and goes more in depth than this.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5236690-30-who-killed-me-bill-comeans

Relistening now, but just going off memory, I believe that the family said that he way he was strangled was with his scarf, and it was tied so tightly in such a position that he wouldn't have been able to reach behind his neck in that way, and that he was wearing mittens or gloves at the time of death which would have made it impossible to get a knot that tight in that position.
>>
>>19097912
God I love/hate composit sketches. So eerie and soulless looking. Thanks for posting, going to read this now.
>>
>>19097908
You have some elements right. The husband and the cop she was romantically involved with were very suspicious but 7 years of this and no conclusive evidence it was faked by her or someone else. I personally think it was the husband fucking with her and then she snapped and kept hurting herself resulting in her death.
>>
>>19097912
Fuck me that's nuts. Seems a bit far fetched for the terrorism/spy link though, unless all the other prospect renters were also working in those kinds of fields. I'd be interested in knowing how the other negotiations went, whether the renter or "cooper" were the ones who chose to go in different directions. Maybe the theory would work if he was told "the target is renting out his home, and he is working in a plant" and he went searching for the right person. Torture kinda brings me away from this though, as I don't think "business" hits are usually long and drawn out. More quick and to the point i think. Really interesting though, gonna dig more into this. Thanks.
>>
>>19097961
He could've been hard to get information of. So he interrogated him all weekend until he cracked.
>>
File: JENA$TT`8TWBW0%DX$8G_AL.jpg (143KB, 1168x390px) Image search: [Google]
JENA$TT`8TWBW0%DX$8G_AL.jpg
143KB, 1168x390px
Another one

>Kay Wenal was murdered in her Lawrenceville, Georgia home on May 1, 2008.
>No sign of forced entry, investigators believe she let the murderer in and possibly knew him or her.
>After receiving a forceful blow in the entry way, Kay made it to the kitchen before her throat was slashed, twice, by a very sharp object that left clean edges, possibly a scalpel or other surgical instrument.
>First slash killed her, second slash was deemed an "insurance cut" meaning the killer wanted to be sure she wasn't coming back
>There were no defensive wounds on the victim.
>Investigators found very few clues at the scene (no foreign hair, blood, DNA, shoe prints etc.) other than a couple of fragments of latex glove, which they think the killer may have worn.
>The killer was right-handed.
>After the murder the killer walked around the house and went into Kay's closet
>Kay's jewellry, money, etc. was all untouched so robbery was not a motive.

>Kay's husband, a successful developer, was ruled out.

>"Kinky" lingerie was discovered in Kay's closet that her husband said he did not recognize.
>A strange man was seen walking twice in the upscale neighborhood around the time of the murder (he is the suspect in the sketch).
>A bizarre letter, comprised of letters cut from magazines and newspapers, was sent two weeks later to an Atlanta newspaper. The letter claimed to be from the killer, a spurned lover, and offered a motive. And someone who claimed to be Kay's "best friend" turns out to not have been that close to Kay at all.
>Kay had been married multiple times and there were questions about one of her ex-husbands. There were even questions about her former life as a model.

>Years later, after Kay's husband died, there were photos found in his home, some of which included a man that very closely resembles the sketch. No one knows who this man is to this day.
>>
>>19097968
Good point. Didn't think of it as an information extraction, just a kill. I guess that'd make sense.
>>
File: christopher-walken-profile.jpg (39KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
christopher-walken-profile.jpg
39KB, 300x450px
>>19097912
>That first suspect sketch
>>
>>19097961
>unless all the other prospect renters were also working in those kinds of fields.

The prevailing theory is that if it was spy/terrorism related...he only talked to other renters to throw investigators off.

If it was just cause he wanted to torture, then he was simply trying to pick a victim.

>I'd be interested in knowing how the other negotiations went, whether the renter or "cooper" were the ones who chose to go in different directions. Maybe the theory would work if he was told "the target is renting out his home, and he is working in a plant" and he went searching for the right person.

I actually listened to it yesterday. Here's the podcast covering it

http://www.alreadygonepodcast.com/uncategorized/55-the-murder-of-oakey-al-kite/

As far as the other renters he negotiated with, one (an older lady) declined him because she felt something wasn't right about him. And smartly she decided against it.

Interestingly the burner phone was traced to a local school address. And the address Cooper gave for where he was staying (supposedly a sister until he could find a place to rent) linked backed to a woman unconnected to the crime.

The podcast goes into much more detail. I strongly recommend it.
>>
By the way, Kite apparently had no enemies and was very well liked. Investigators couldn't find anyone that had a problem with him.

Also, even though there isn't a lead suspect. There have been 2 other crimes committed exactly like this. One in Washington state and I forget the other one (maybe Arizona?). But they think it's the same guy.
>>
>>19097881

no I haven't. We didn't look at many unsolved type cases, it was all cases with substantial evidence to go through that we'd just have to come up with competing plausible theories. Well that and procedural/precedent type things. I never finished my JD because I got a good paying job just with my undergraduate degree, and there's really not a lot of money to be made as a lawyer unless you know someone to get into a big firm or make a name for yourself while working for nothing and start your own firm. Law still interests me though, and the ammount of rediculous ideas people have about how courts work based off television is always good for a laugh.
>>
>>19098028
Sweet, thanks. Interesting that he'd choose to talk to other renters though, even as a tactic to throw investigators off. It just gives more people witness to what he looks like. That part feels odd to me. If it were me, I would have just gone to the target and then disappeared. Thanks though, I'll try and remember to check out the podcast later.
>>
>>19098063
Oh cool. Well it's an interesting case, not unsolved. I'd recommend checking it out, it's a huge rabbit hole if you're into these kinds of mysteries. There's some documentaries called Paradise Lost 1-3 that are good intros to the case, albeit very biased. Basically looks like a coerced confession which got them locked up but they were let out 20 years later on an alford plea after public backlash. There's still a question though about the evidence that the public doesn't know about since it wasn't included in the media. I won't drone on longer about it but yeah, interesting case if it's these mystery type things are your cup of tea.
>>
>>19090980

I agree.

The telling of it seems like someone who knows they're getting just desserts. Other people might be too traumatized to be alone after the first incident, to some the notes would do it.

He kept behaving normally is what I'm saying, and that suggests the threats and the attacks were not a surprise or unexplained to him.

While killers have shown pleasure taunting a victim's loved ones in the past, I propose the access to school lockers suggests either a member of the faculty or a student, who in their mind saw this kid as his family as deserving this punishment. He was sentenced and marinated in fear before the killing. Given ample time to do something. Ever see someone take a beating they know they have coming? It's eerie seeing someone so docile and resigned to punishment, repeatedly taking attacks only to cower not with fear but with patience.

Maybe some future psycho kid in his school chose him.

And while the attacks reportedly had multiple assailants, its only his account that we have, there may have been more or even less.

I'm with this anon, when he died, he knew why.
>>
>>19098109
>It just gives more people witness to what he looks like. That part feels odd to me. If it were me, I would have just gone to the target and then disappeared.

No prob.

But all the other renters reported slightly different variations of the man.

A few reported accent and cane or a limp. Others said no accent, and no limp. So it's not to crazy to believe he might have had a disguise as well.
>>
>>19098125
theres a theory (which i can't find the source of) that says he saw the coach and some of his staff molesting people at practice or something like that. i dont buy that theory though because if you had a motive to kill him or tried to get him not to talk, it'd be more efficient to just kill him and not warn him about it. warning him gives him the chance to say "this is what i saw and now this is happening to me"
>>
>>19093916
I'm pretty sure the police is releasing not a whole ton of information considering the prime suspect is already in jail.
>>
>>19097528
why would the police be the ones to do it?

there was a revenge killing of a "suspected" rapist (never convicted but we all fucking know he did it) in my hometown. rapist ended up dead, the common consensus is that it was the kids dad who killed him

the cops dont have as much of an emotional investment in the victims as their own families. if someone killed the guy itd probably be one of the parents, a sibling/relative, etc
>>
>>19097548
because every phone is now a camera and an audio-video recording device. aren't more advanced criminals onto this now?
>>
>>19090388
If he is guilty, he's absolutely retarded doing this press conference
>>
>>19097902
The Casefile podcast stated that the earliest known witness to the man saw, or thought he saw, the man, lying in the position he was found dead, actually move his arm. That would mean he died in that position and was not placed there.
>>
>>19097752
"Complicated family history"???
Sold to peadophiles like Madeline McCann?
>>
>>19097912
How were they able to be so specific about the accent. I imagine Romanian accents are not generally familiar to most people living in the USA
>>
>>19097968
So what was the point of seeking other renters? In the case of a thrill killer the point is to find a victim. I don't see what it is in the point of a spy.
>>
>>19098035
Can you provide sources about the other killings?
>>
>>19098548
The land owner? He's not a suspect of any kind. They said to leave him and his family alone. If the guy was in jail they'd have announced it.
>>
>>19098720
what are the odds that someone happens to be recording you when that happens? its not even a thought. it's just a phone. she happened to think beforehand to record him.
>>
>>19100306
don't underestimate the paranoia of criminals
>>
>>19100860
don't overestimate the thought process of child killers
>>
golden state killer/east area rapist/original night stalker
craziest shit, getting away with it all. casefile podcast just had a 5 parter on him, most in depth podcast about him I've heard.
>>
>>19099060
Yeah it's very odd.
>>
>>19099288
That's the same exact thing I thought.

I would understand more if they said Eastern European
>>
>>19097839
Very informative, thanks anon
>>
>>19102782
that's the most interesting serial case imo. so many witnesses, a fair amount of evidence, and no good suspects.
>>
File: M Fret Fine Weave.jpg (136KB, 823x823px) Image search: [Google]
M Fret Fine Weave.jpg
136KB, 823x823px
>>19091360
I was struggling to find this site for a very, very long time (remember stepping into doenetwork back in 2010-11 and couldnt find the link again). Thousandfold thanks anon, this is an enormous source of spooks for me and Im glad I can get back to lurking

Thank you again
>>
>>19090388

That walk looks like its the same walk indeed.
>>
>>19102782
This case has absorbed and confounded me for quite a while. There's always something new to learn and speculate. He was lucky at times but almost always put hjimself in a position to succeed.

One most also consider he was the Visalia Ransacker a burglar, attempted kidnapper, and murderer who stopped his crime spree just as the East Area Rapist came into being. Comparing the attempted kidnapping of Beth Snelling, the murder of Claude Snelling, and the shooting of Officer McGowen to the EAR fits perfectly. EAR shot Rodney Miller in the exact same manner he did Claude Snelling, except couldn't fire again to kill because Rodney's father was also in pursuit. EAR also moved a girl outside the home on at least one occasion just like with Beth Snelling.
>>
>>19103651
No problem, I was browsing the list of unidentified remains on Wikipedia, then the list of unidentified murder victims. Then I decided to go straight to the source since most of them had links to Doe Network.

It's such a haunting site, all those lifeless clay renderings and composite sketches looking back at you. I can't pinpoint why exactly it's so interesting to me, but it's a great site.
>>
>>19104295
VR is interesting but I doubt he was EAR due to differences in physique and approach to victims, EAR being far more confrontational.

The amount of time EAR spent stalking and prowling is mind boggling. He must have had a notebook full of phone numbers, addresses and potential targets with details on their behavior. He seems almost military with the risk assessment he must have done.
>>
>>19091426
>If the scrap of paper was in a secret pocket, he would have to take it out to wash his pants, right? Otherwise the paper would get ruined.

His suitcase was found with thread matched to a repair done to his pants pocket. Wik doesn't say if it was used for the pocket with the Tamam Shud clipping; a thorough search would hopefully turn up that info. But it's reasonable to infer that it was, or at least he (or his murderer if you wish) would have sewn it into his pants recently as some message or gesture.
>>
>>19090980
what a retarded comment, you're basically saying that based on nothing except for the fact that he was murdered he deserved it, what an absolute retard..
>>
>>19103651
Check the charlie project too
>>
>>19097866

He was seen alive on the beach shortly before his death. He also bought the pasty from a shop. Do some research, n00b.
>>
>>19097796
someone whos been strangled usually dont have open caskets. their face is too horrific to look at. my cousin was strangled by her bf many years ago and open casket wasnt an option. too upsetting for family to see.
>>
>>19094019
FBI could have shown up to aid the locals. They probably don't even really have a homicide department being sick a small town.

OR

FBI usually takes over cases they believe are connected to others such as serial killers and what not.
>>
The one about the Somerton man is crazy. I'm actually Persian and can understand Farsi but I can't read or write in Farsi in the Arabic letters. This guy was probably a spy but who knows. Is the thread pic a picture of the man?
>>
>>19097976
They need to air this on a tv show; someone would recognize the guy in the photos.
>>
>>19097976
Whats the sketch based on? The guy that was seen walking around?
>>
>>19096636
Elisa Lam
Is A Sham
>>
>>19111009
Shut it gaylord unless you wana tangle with me, the most powerful fighter in the universe
>>
>>19110790
Yes
>>
>>19109053

Why? Other than petechial hemorrhaging and bruising around the neck, there isn't much bodily damage that would be caused. The other anon mentioned scarves, and its not as if they'd be buried with their eyes open.
>>
>>19092647
Australia was considered a backdoor to US intelligence in the early days of the Cold War. That's why the US eventually stringently monitored and restricted intelligence shared with Aus.
>>
>>19097976
he looks like senator Armstrong from MGR
>>
>>19094072
lol, yeah. Reminds me of this one encounter I had with one. I lived in an apartment adjacent to a rail yard. After arriving home from work at around 1:00 am there was this guy walking slowly in a circle over and over. Could tell he was a rail rider from how he was dressed.

He never even mentally registered my presence. Just kept walking and walking so I paid him no mind and let myself inside.
>>
>>19096636
That is somebody seriously at the bottom of a schizophrenic death spiral.

At least they found her. Many of them just wander off and vanish into the wind to become John and Jane Does later.

>t. Someone who has been around mental institutions.
>>
>>19111766
She was diagnosed bipolar. Is bipolar / schizophrenic overlap common?
>>
>>19097912
Is the first composite sketch suppose to be the G-Man from Half-Life?
>>
>>19110681
Criminally Listed did a video on the case,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cl0E3RsZS8&t=5s&ab_channel=CriminallyListe

Hopefully the case gets noticed more, Even with the video I can barely find enough sources about it.
>>
>>19091426
I am fairly sure you need to have some form of psychopathy to be able to choke yourself with a rope until you have burns in your neck.

It doesn't need to be covered up, it can just be yet another case of police ineptitude.
>>
>>19102818
>>19099288
Maybe Romanian is the first thing that came to the people's head, because that's what they associate with eastern europe or something. Or maybe they outright asked and he said it.
>>
>>19111773

No, they're just talking out of their ass. There's zero evidence Elisa was schizophrenic. If anything she was probably in a manic state, which causes people with bipolar disorder to do nonsensical things and lose any sense of caution
>>
>>19112444
>I am fairly sure you need to have some form of psychopathy to be able to choke yourself with a rope until you have burns in your neck.

Someone doing and saying this stuff for attention certainly is mentally ill enough to go to those extremes.

Why would the police cover this up? Wouldn't they want to catch the people responsible for terrorizing and murdering a kid? What are the reasons the police would cover it up for.

On the flip side, what reasons does a teenage boy have for wanting more attention and sympathy? Was he bullied? Was he abused at home? Were his parents fighting often? Did he have depression or did he tell his friends about being depressed?

The simplest answer is that he was mentally ill and did this to himself. The much more complicated answer is that he was targeted by some sort of mystery group and attacked multiple times and finally abducted and killed for seemingly no reason and the police covered it up for seemingly no reason.
>>
>>19113669
>Someone doing and saying this stuff for attention certainly is mentally ill enough to go to those extremes.
Psychosis doesn't matter when one's natural, unfightable instincts pop up and stop you from choking yourself to death
>>
>>19113669
Another simple and straightforwards explanation is that he was killed by some mentally ill bully in school and the police weren't able to or didn't cared enough to try and find him.

It's not like it's hard to fool small town police departments, I've seen hundredths of such cases.
>>
>>19093916
Why wouldn't they release some short footage? Two blurry stills aren't going to do anything.
>>
>>19090388
it's 100% the father in law
>>
>>19092295
Also always pisses me off when I read about this case how stupid the dad was. If he wasn't such a retard his family might not have been murdered
>>
>>19090377
>that twitter
holy shit they just had to pick a picture of him where you can't help but think he's better off dead
>>
>>19096089
This
>>
>>19116896
But it wasn't you dumb fuck. He was in a different state.
>>
>>19104421
>I was browsing the list of unidentified remains on Wikipedia
i know that game
>>
>>19092533
In fact, one might argue that due to the intelligence level of the average Australian, it gives him less insigt
>>
>>19099060

>his parents cannot be named for legal reasons

Parents were on witness protection?
>>
>>19117393
This made me smile
>>
>>19109053

That's really awful. I'm sorry anon
>>
>>19091426
>Simple explanations always trump convoluted conspiracy theories.

You're wrong. A theory being simple doesn't necessarily make it correct and a theory being complicated doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong.

I can use my experience of being bullied in high school by my "best friend" as an example. On multiple occasions, he secretly drew my name on the artwork of various people in his art class. Unfortunately, I was too timid and scared to stand up to him at that time. I excused it on the grounds of fun and games. The students who had their art graffitied thought it was me who messed with their artwork. They didn't realize that I didn't even share the same art teacher as them nor did they consider the possibility that someone else was doing it. In a computer class, he typed in profanities for the screen saver message of the computer that I was using while I was away from the computer. When the teacher saw it, he assumed that it was me who did it.
>>
>>19119598
That actually sounds terrible. Not to turn this thread into a blog, but how'd you finally deal with it? Why'd he want to do it anyway?
>>
>Fringe theorists tend to think he's some kind of international spy

That isn't a fringe theory, it's the most widely accepted likely explanation.
>>
>>19090367
He came from the other side of the ice wall. Of course he wasn't identified. He doesn't belong in this section of the expansion
>>
Just woke up from a very unpleasant nightmare from reading this thread. Thank you for doing your job for once, /x/.
>>
>>19113669
>On the flip side, what reasons does a teenage boy have for wanting more attention and sympathy?

being a teenage boy - sure that's shit's unhinged, but it's a good age to do unhinged shit.
>>
>>19117595
Tyrrell has a "complicated family history" and his parents cannot be named for legal reasons.
What you said seems a logical answer, but something about the "complicated family history" makes me think it's something else.
Also, they've given out the neighbourhood and family name, you'd need to be a dumbass criminal not to follow that if you wanted vengeance.
>>
>>19120159
Agreed, only this anon knows the score
>>
>>19104993

This is some Dexter tier "work". Wonder which of the sketches even remotely matches him.
>>
>>19111773
Psychosis isn't uncommon in bipolar disorder, and displays a lot of the same features as schizophrenia. Even if full-blown psychosis isn't present, atypical antipsychotics are frequently used to treat bipolar disorder. If she was having a manic episode at the time, it's possible that she may have also been experiencing psychosis.
>>
>>19094082
This is absolutely retarded. The snapchat video was obviously not obtained illegally and if that's enough to ID the assailant they can just ignore all other evidence, illegally or legally obtained.
>>
>>19097828
>>19097839
excellent post
>>
>>19096636
This is fantastic bait
8/8
Well played, sir
>>
>>19112041
If so, they've failed horribly
>>
File: 1440637947579.jpg (154KB, 728x537px) Image search: [Google]
1440637947579.jpg
154KB, 728x537px
>>19102782
>open podcast
>australian accent
>>
File: 58ab14fa76a6052d63f739e0_o_U_v1.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
58ab14fa76a6052d63f739e0_o_U_v1.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
>>19090367
>tfw you stick around enough of these threads to see a new mystery get added to it in real time
>>
>>19120613
if you averaged them out you might get something workable. but sketches in famous serial cases seem as potentially harmful as helpful toward producing POIs. there's always one off feature that could make people discount the actual suspect. i guess they're a product of investigative desperation.
>>
>>19120907
Yeah, I thought extreme manias could have psychotic aspects
>>
>>19122322
My question is why they couldn't show a clearer picture. Obviously he was walking in the direction the girls were and they were filming him. Maybe thy were filming him secretely so they pointed the phone to the ground or something, but why would they only release 3 words spoken by the person, this makes it way harder to id the murderer.
>>
>>19122753
could it be that's the best they have?
>>
>>19122804
Who knows? Yet still it is strange that the girls let the man get to them in the first place. I mean, when I was that age I would have run if someone just walked up to me and my brother on an abandoned old train bridge all of a sudden. Maybe they had arranged to meet somebody there? Maybe that guy had catfished one of the sisters and set up a meeting? After all the girls had told their uncle or whomever where to drop them...
>>
>>19122847
>Maybe that guy had catfished one of the sisters and set up a meeting?
This is plausible, but also kind of ruins any theory that he's just some homeless drifter, which is what he certainly looks like
>>
>>19122753
>>19122804
the "enhance image" thing on CSI or other police procedural shows is bullshit
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwnI0RS6J5A
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_8ZH1Ggjk0
>>
>>19122847
fear and social norms work in weird ways. How many times have you felt something was off about a person but you just go along with it out of fear of being in the wrong and called an asshole? Also, everyone talks a big game until shit actually hits the fan, you never know how you'll react and a lot of people freeze up. They may have had a head start but if that guy started running towards them and pulled a weapon he could close that gap pretty fast
>>
>>19097976
this creeps me out because the first 3 points are eerily similat to a case that happened to a woman i knew when i was a kid,in 96 or 97. in college park ga. Cant help but wonder if its the same guy. But no idea what the connection would be other than the state and that there were no signs of forced entry,and that they ended up in the kitchen.
>>
>>19120067
But that's wrong and no evidence supports it
>>
>>19090377
-Had access to the school
-Knew where Bill lived, either from following, living close, or knowing him personally
-Two men attacked him, so the attacker(s) had either been hired or were two friends who hated Bill
-Letters continue even after his death
So the suspects are obviously someone at his school by student or by employee. He had either witnessed the coaches/teachers molesting students or was targeted by jealousy from someone obsessed with his girlfriend. There's many speculations but I think it was someone who hated their parents so much that they killed one of their children and taunted them after they did it. Maybe one of the parents got involved in the Mafia or a Cult?
>>
>>19097908

>suicide theory being plausible

i must be missing something. how the fuck is anyone supposed to have drugged and strangled themselves and then tied their own hands and feet behind their back?
>>
>>19097912
First thought that came to my head was that the suspect was hired to torture and eventually kill the deceased, by someone with a grudge. Second thought is Kite had information that "Cooper" was assigned/hired to extract. Although it could be "Cooper" was just a sadist and Kite was 'his type'.
>>
>>19123998
Who said we could enhance the picture? We were talking about how that frame is part of a video. We know that bc there is a sound clip of the guy and as you can see he hasn't reached the girls yet, so why not use a frame in which he's nearer to them? The only explanation would be that that is in fact the last frame in which we see the suspect, meaning that the sister filming must have aimed her phone at the ground or something, maybe she was filming him in secret and did not want him to notice that she had been filming him.
>>
>>19127267
there is a rumor there is a lot more footage and/or audio of the entire ordeal, potentially even capturing the girls deaths but they obviously dont want to release something that graphic. Theres also rumors about their deaths, some say they were cut and they had scarves at their funerals, other say they had their throats cut, one survived the night but died from exposure
I personally think they got a quick few shots or footage of the guy, and then when he got closer they put their phone away so that is the best image they can offer
>>
>>19128051
those sound like genic rumors from any high profile murder case
>>
>>19129151
the threads that have been posted on this have brought it up before. I take it with a grain of salt too, but theyre not releasing anything else other then a 3 second audio clip and a grainy picture. Also the police said the audio was part of a longer recording if im not mistaken. Given what happened Ii can imagine whats on it
>>
>>19126924
she was depressed bro
>>
>>19127267
you asked for a better quality picture,and all im saying is that the "enhance image" thing is a meme done by tv shows for convenient story telling. thats obviously the best they can do otherwise theyd put out the best clue they could for the public. IMO what happened was
>they see the guy coming at them
>one has a smart idea to record it, just in case
>crap hes getting close, maybe even pulls a weapon on them
>still think its a good move to record it but they stuff their phone in their pocket so he doesnt know
>un-intentionally record their own deaths
>>
File: TheFinders.jpg (940KB, 1276x3412px) Image search: [Google]
TheFinders.jpg
940KB, 1276x3412px
>ctrl+f "finders"
>no results
CIA thread monitoring confirmed.
>>
File: johnny gosch.jpg (49KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
johnny gosch.jpg
49KB, 600x300px
who took johnny gosch
>>
It's too bad the show with Robert Stack isn't on Jewtube. That man has an amazing voice.
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.