[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Beat" Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

what did these two know or understand that made them into the writers we know them as? this is something i rarely see on this board. why are they such a big deal with counter culture? ive always believed they called themselves the "Beat" generation because they were the last generation to have an identity, they knew after them the world would be completely redesigned by the Elite as well as other perverted sources of power. what is ur adv opinion? any other conspiracies u think there might be?
>>
>>19090355
"counter culture" nowadays is just insanely fractured, especially with the internet everywhere.
personally i think burroughs hit the nail on the head better than anyone else at the time, in that ideas/art/culture will spread for the sake of spreading instead of for the benefit of humanity, i.e. postmodernism.
but i don't understand what you find /x/ about them?
>>
>>19090438
they seem mysterious to me
>>
>>19090466
have you read anything of theirs?
>>
>>19090355
I think the etymology of the term "Beat" or "Beatnik" in this context is fairly well established, anon.
>>
>>19090515
ofcourse. On the Road, The Subterraneans, Howl and so on. ive read Ginsbergs entire biography as well as Kerouacs.
>>
Ginsberg understood the delights of boipucci
>>
Hey that's not Brion Gysin
>>
They were created and pushed on the populace as a part of the prolonged assault on classical culture and sensibilities. If you think that this was an "organic" movement - I would suggest you think again. In fact the very term, "counter-culture" is a misnomer. The counter-culture is always contrived and a part of the Hegelian dialectic that has bedeviled Western culture for decades. The damage these people have done will take generations to undo; if ever. Alt-right is just the latest incarnation.

http://mileswmathis.com/beat.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtXg_Wp2NY0
>>
File: 6GZJVG.jpg (15KB, 600x199px) Image search: [Google]
6GZJVG.jpg
15KB, 600x199px
>>19092745
>prolonged assault on classical culture and sensibilities
>>
>>19093015
Ginsberg was literally in NAMBLA. That means he was a pedophile. His poetry was about loving little boys.
>>
>>19093022
>muh pedophilia
their work was often sexual and degenerate but there is nothing 'sexy' about it. grotesque imagery was at least used with a purpose, and it certainly wasn't to get people off.
you really need to divorce yourself from this long standing taboo regarding pedophilia, and look at it logically. anyone would come to the conclusion that corrupting youth against their will is bad for both the individual child and society as a whole. just because someone uses pedophilic imagery to instigate an emotional reaction doesn't make him/her a witch that needs to be burned at the stake you fucking lunatic.
>>
Read Naked Lunch. That's the closest beat work I've read to this kind of thing.
>>
>>19093039
the only /x/ beat writer
>>
>>19093045
Burroughs was very /x/, indeed. Conspiracies, magick, cosmic beings invading earth, fringe science, drugs, and a bunch of dudes having sex with each other.
Pure /x/.
>>
>>19093037
day of the rope faggot
>>
Reading some of Kerouac's work at the moment actually. Read a bit of naked lunch and wild boys when I was younger, and of course we've all read Howl.

There's something quite special about beat literature that I can't quite put my finger on. It makes me feel like a pseudo intellectual hipster for one, but besides that I'm not sure. Kerouac is like layers of tangents that make the whole story feel like an addendum of clarification for the previous few sentences.

Burroughs is a special case of fragmented bullshit that works. I haven't read it, but I would imagine that most of burroughs' work is like house of leaves if it was created after a gay orgy and potsmoking binge

Ginsberg seems like he had the highest opinion of himself out of the three, don't know too much about the guy himself beyond what was written in some of the main novels by various authors, but he seems like a depressing fuck.
>>
>>19091034
I hope my good old asshole holds out
60 years it's been mostly OK
Tho in Bolivia a fissure operation
survived the altiplano hospital--
a little blood, no polyps, occasionally
a small hemorrhoid
active, eager, receptive to phallus
coke bottle, candle, carrot
banana & fingers--
Now AIDS makes it shy, but still
eager to serve--
out with the dumps, in with the condom'd
orgasmic friend--
still rubbery muscular,
unashamed wide open for joy
But another 20 years who knows,
old folks got troubles everywhere--
necks, prostates, stomachs, joints--
Hope the old hole stays young
till death, relax
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.