[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The devil is not real. He was appropriated from Pan and used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: pan2.gif (12KB, 148x295px) Image search: [Google]
pan2.gif
12KB, 148x295px
The devil is not real. He was appropriated from Pan and used in the industrializing doomsday cult of Christianity to serve as a boogey man.

Don't ever forget it- if you forget, the military industrial complex wins. Research your past, your culture, and your people!
>>
Just because the appearance was borrowed from paganism by a religion that believes everything occult and pagan is the deliberate work of the devil, does not mean there is no deity representing evil.
>>
>>19087912
He looks more like Azazel
>>
>>19087953
>Oh boy
>>
The devil isn't red
>>
>>19087912
Truly you must understand that destruction and malice exist as a pseudo-God. I call them daemon, and the greater ones I call Daemon. From them spawn hatred, stagnation, plots and excess. From them is spawned malice amidst the Light.

These things are evil, don't forget that. Though the devil, as was made by Aleister Crowley in the 1700s in order to scare a populace of puritans into submission, is a false abomination made only to lead people astray (as their leader too, was led astray).
>>
>>19087953
I doubt it. If there are any deities out there, they're probably neutral.
>>
>>19088007
>>19087987
>if there are any deities out there

>>>/his/
>>
>>19088004
>Aleister Crowley
>1700s
>>
>>19088016
Not sure what you're saying here.
>>
>>19088027
I'm saying fuck off. This isn't a board for reddit crappypasta. We presuppose the existence of the supernatural here. At least one deity of some vague description is a given.
>>
>>19087912
Then who are the elite worshiping when they sacrifice men, women, and children?
>>
File: satan-beautiful.jpg (42KB, 472x727px) Image search: [Google]
satan-beautiful.jpg
42KB, 472x727px
>>19088067
themselves. Sounds familiar
>>
>>19088088
Not sure what exactly you implied by "Sounds familiar"

That is an interesting idea though. Especially since it seems to fit reasonably well into the 21st century fascination and near obsession with the "self" and propagating the importance of individualism above all else.
>>
>>19088106
because by worshiping the self you are observing the Luciferian principle.
>>
>>19088138
Which is?

Sorry, I don't mean to badger I just don't know what you're referencing. Consider myself a Catholic/Buddhist and I have steered clear of diving down any rabbit holes that I personally believe lead to darkness.
>>
>>19088058
The world and universe is controlled by no one. It's chaos. Does that really frighten you?
>>
>>19088141
self-worship. There is another principle though, which is self-denial and this is represented most of all in complete submission to cosmic despotism (for instance a certain (((god))) ). But that will also cause a self-recognition by creating an inverted image of the self. So there is another way.
>>
>>19088027
He's saying /his/ is mostly Atheist.
>>
>>19088281
No but atheism has no legal ground on this board. They should just keep that silly stuff to themselves. They're still not as bad as the fundies tho
>>
>>19087912
Hes real you just haven't met him
>>
>>19087987
No, sir. The idea goes millennia back with Judaism, the devil is a being opossed to God. The popular idea of a horned hooved man, however, IS recent, and is borrowed from pan.
>>
>>19088007
Pretty much. Gods tend to feature dualities of their own. Apollo, for instance, is capable of both healing and disease.

It's much like the forces of nature themselves. Bacteria, too, can actually promote healing, or can cause serious harm, depending on the type.

And water can be the source of all life, or it can flood and kill anything on the land in its path.

>>19088504
Actually, Judaism doesn't feature a "Devil." In the Book of Job, Satan is more of a cosmic prosecutor, in the trial against Man. It wasn't so much that Satan opposed God, as he opposed Job. He didn't trust Job's feelings were sincere, and sought to test that, under God's permission.

Remember, too, that it was God who hardened the heart of Pharaoh, not Satan.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.