[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skepticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1490742809985.jpg (941KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490742809985.jpg
941KB, 1920x1080px
Skeptic here.

Always loved the occult/conspiracy theories/mysticism, but to me it's all silly.

I've only seen a few instances of truly inexplicable phenomena, and I hunger for more.

Does anyone have something with solid evidence pointing toward something supernatural?

I want to believe.
>>
Link related: Only solid evidence of something really weird happening I have found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRkxQ8cQf5c
>>
>>19087862
Her body was found later in one of the hotel's water storage units
>>
>>19087851
I used to be a skeptic too. It's true that there is a lot of bullshit and disinfo out there, but there are also many truths. If you read the works of the ancient philosophers and Hermetists there is a lot of truth to their writings that coincide and sometimes predict principles of modern science. Look at the extensive writings of the alchemists and know that they were not all trying to make physical gold. There are many secrets still hidden to this day. Modern science has let us learn more about the world, but the ancients had a deeper understanding of how they work.
>>
>>19087882
I would love to see an example of this, anon.

In my understanding, alchemists and witches and other mystics have claimed that herbs had magical healing powers and such, which was later proven to be somewhat true, with plants like garlic turning out to be an antibacterial.

It seems they had a basic understanding of herbalism, but what do you think points to them having a better understanding than we do today?
>>
>>19087851
Ive never had anything paranormal happen in my life ever. A lot of other people I know have had weird freaky things happen to them but I dont believe it whatsoever. Im actually happy weird shit doesnt happen to me, truthfully.
>>
File: elisalam7.jpg (529KB, 1199x876px) Image search: [Google]
elisalam7.jpg
529KB, 1199x876px
>>19087851
>Does anyone have something with solid evidence pointing toward something supernatural?
>>19087862
>Link related: Only solid evidence of something really weird happening I have found

That's one of my favorites... But the gods are far more boring and much more "natural" than the Jewish psycho-murderer book has hyped them up to be - sorry. They aren't all-powerful genies in bottles that can grant your every wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8lhNNk9So
>>
I don't know, dude. Generally it seems like the only thing to shake skepticism is personal experience.

Though even then it can be difficult. All explanations of what you've seen run through your head, as rationality clashes with rationality.

"It could be--" "But it wasn't." "But this could be what happened--" "But the conditions weren't right for that." "But what if--?" "I'm reaching."

And that's what it comes down to. Sometimes the "logical" explanations are more ridiculous than the supernatural.
>>
>>19087882
I think the intro chapter in the secret teaching of all ages explains this principle really well. The modern notion of the occult is fanciful, but the basis and teachings are worth further inspection and can be combinations of enlightening and factual.
>>
>>19087902
>It seems they had a basic understanding of herbalism, but what do you think points to them having a better understanding than we do today?
I'm not that anon but, as far as I understand it, it has to do more with the implication that, yes, we have a great understanding of medicine and stuff today but we also need all that extra stuff because the illnesses and disease and whatever are due to us. Essentially, that we created them by disobeying the law of nature or something. I don't agree or understand it altogether myself, this is just how it was once explained to me. That, in the past, we simply didn't have to worry about certain types of illnesses because they didn't exist, so to speak, or they were much more mild. That the illnesses/diseases we did have to deal with were far less destructive to our bodies. That the herbal remedies, etc., were all that was required to help cure whatever illness/disease we had. They cite things like the Native American population being decimated because their immune systems had just never seen anything like what hit their shores, as evidence for this. Essentially, the belief that the human body was more "pure," for lack of a better term, and close/one with the Earth so it didn't/doesn't require the type of modern medicine we require today because of our own doing.

Again, not saying I agree with it, that's just how it was kind of explained to me once. And I know I'm not explaining it correctly or clearly either, so I apologize if it's confusing.
>>
>>19088747
This is true. Look at the foundations of Skepticism in ancient Greece. It was just another school of thought equal among the others at the time. The skeptics are merely those that are still seeking. Learn the language of the mysteries as all the arcane texts created by their members are written in symbols. Learn mythology and understand their references. The only way to end skepticism is direct experience and these texts are the way to it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.