[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 20170531_225344.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_225344.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
So my long time gf from Mexico gave me this as a gift. I said thanks and put it away since I don't exactly believe in wearing stuff like that.

My brother who says he's "into" the occult and stuff saw it and asked me what it was, after I explained to him that it was a gift. His eyes lit up and he said that I MUST wear it because it has great power especially since it was given to me by a loved one.

I don't know much about this stuff but I have noticed that my luck seems to be either really bad or really good whenever I wear it. Is this for real? Should I really wear this thing for protection?

She and I are both Christian but she was raised catholic.
>>
Depends. Could be cursed, could not be, maybe it's affected by your general mood?
>>
what it's writen there?
>>
>>19087224
It is a cross and a prayer "our father".
>>
It's a "esclava", a wristband usually made of silver, some people engrave them with names or messages.
>>
>>19087210
Could very well be a weird regional thing (a large region i would imagine, since your brother knows of it). Wouldn't hurt to wear it if the social stigma of wearing a cross doesn't bother you. Seems harmless at worst and full of positive, christian vibes at best.
>>
>>19087220
No idea, I took it off for a few days and it made enough of a difference for me to notice.
>>
>>19087260
My brother also mentioned something about holy water on all four corners of the house.
>>
>>19087262
for itself it has no special propertys, but if your brother felt something on it, it could be that it was part of somekind of ritual, in mexico and many spanish countrys is common to see catholic religion and magic mixed
>>
Maybe pray for her/your protection or for your relationship between you.
Otherwise you are pretty much just running around with a neat ball of energy.
Dude probably just watched Dead-alive and assumed all tokens are super amulets of some sort.
>>
I'm usually very skeptical about things like these but things seem to change so drastically whenever I wear it that I don't know whether I should keep it or throw it away.

She also believes in brujos, limpiezas, spells and such
>>
>>19087276
As underwhelming as it may seem, I think the thing is just a gift with religious connotations. From my vague knowledge, holy water on 4 house corners seems like a general way to keep out anything evil. That being said, don't underestimate the things that something like your wristband can do in day to day life. The benefits will likely be subtle, but carrying around what is essentially a loved ones representation on your wrist will do wacky, positive shit to your subconscious.
>>
>>19087210
throw it away NOW
>>
>>19087258
Dafuk a beaner on 4chan?
>>
>>19087210
is just a common gift anón , here in México are very common sometimes esclavas have a "padre nuestro" a name a zodiacal sing a nickname etc it will bring you luck your girlfriend loves u, its common mexican jewerly, it is not a religión only thing just a gift
>>
its a traditional mexican gift, as an anon mentioned earlier, commonly referred to as an Esclava. Its essentially a bracelet with an engraving, nothing supernatural apart from maybe a blessing or something. The words "Our Father" quite obviously belonging to one of the most common prayers in the heavily Catholic Mexico, "Padre Nuestro."

You can get those ANYWHERE for a few pesos. More commonly found at tourist traps and resorts. Nothing supernatural about it.

t. a mexican
>>
Mexican here. It's fucking nothing, your girl's family must be super catholic and are used to giving/getting this sort of stuff. Crosses, bibles, pendings with catholic imagery. It's as -real- as you want it to be. Do you believe in Jesus christ and the mother Mary? Do you think they can protect you?

I think it's nothing but bullshit.
>>
As the guy above says, this is practically nothing. It has nothing special or something. At least not as normal object. So, it's just a gift, no power inside.
>>
>>19087369
Underage please go
>>
Of course it's completely worthless on its own.
It isn't even made of gold like the good ones.
The only redeeming factor is that it was given to you by your significant other. Nothing else.
But for spellwork, this kind of attachment is good.
>>
>>19087708
Ah, and just for being a normal gift, don't make it less. As a mexican, giving gifts means so much. So, you should appreciate as strongly as you can.
>>
>>19087210
Mexifag here, it's just a souvenir , you can get them by tons on touristic places all over the country, not special at all. It's supposed to be a nice gift tho, you know , stainless steel with the 'our father' prayer and everything, more like a reminder than dime holy thing .
>>
>>19087210
it is a metal bracelet.
the material object itself has no further significance.

beyond that, it is a gift freely given in love.
that, by itself, makes it powerful.
>>
>>19087210
>She and I are both Christian but she was raised catholic
Catholics ARE Christian, genius. In fact they're the original Christians, they literally invented Christianity.
Fucking protestants, man...so brainwashed...
>>
>>19087210
Woah, is everyone in this forum a fucking spiritual autist? It's juts a dumb old bracelet with a useless bible quote etched on it. It doesn't do shit. BTW I'm Mexican.
>>
>>19089634
>idolators are the original christians

shouldn't you be off sucking some cardinal's dick?
>>
>>19087210
It's a Christian bracelet. Belief is the only magic.
>>
File: IMG_4370.jpg (34KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4370.jpg
34KB, 564x423px
>>19089636
>>
>>19089634
Well I think it's actually just a matter of labels nowadays. Of course everyone knows catholics are christians, but usually the term "christian" is applied to non-catholic christians. It's like "English" and "British English", everyone knows English comes from England but it has spread so widely and has so many variations now, that the original one is not necessarily the most relevant in any given conversation
>>
>>19089648
Pretty much. You can get these at the airport. Op is fag.
>>
>>19089641
>idolators
>worshipping something other than God
>like the Bible, for instance
Tell me again how Catholics are the idolators and not protestants?
>>
>>19089650
>it has spread so widely
In the case of Catholic/Christian it has spread because of protestants doing their absolute best to brainwash their followers and skew the facts. I was raised Catholic but not practicing anymore so this isn't a personal thing for me at all, I've just seen and heard how insane and fucked up protestants are about painting Catholics in a bad light, to the point of making up lies about them and spreading these lies throughout their communities. It's really crazy if you only know one side of it, but if you grow up on once side and then become neutral and start hearing and researching things people say and believe on the other side, it's very surprising. It's basically like what the U.S. did with communism a few decades ago, just making up a bunch of bullshit to scare people and make people think communists are evil.
>>
File: 10.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>19087369
Have you seen /pol/?
>>
>>19089669
>what are saints?
>who's the virgin mary?
>etc

Yeah, no idolatry there at all...
>>
>>19089710
I don't think you know what worshiping is, bud. Nobody worships the virgin mary, nobody worships the saints, nobody worships the pope, etc. Stop believing the bullshit your protestant leaders feed you. They spread lies and misinformation on purpose to try to make Catholics look bad because they're still butthurt over the whole reformation thing
>>
>>19089688
I live in a catholic majority country and here it's the catholics painting protestants in a bad light. Even in my family which I wouldn't consider fundamentalist, a woman was ostracized and pretty much cast away from all family interactions because she married a protestant. It's just how people are.
>>
>>19089728
>Nobody worships mary or the the saints
>have idols of mary and the saints on altars
>pray to them in the hope they'll perform miracles

good stuff
>>
>>19089748
I suppose it is different in different countries, I was just speaking about the U.S. and here the fundamentalists are protestants, Catholics are generally very moderate.
>>
>>19089728
My friend I grew up going to a catholic church and sincerely, the whole "veneration" vs "worship" thing is pure semantic crap. I mean everything we were told revolved a lot more around San Juan Bosco than any god. It was uncanny! I definitely see the point in calling catholics idolaters. It was a necessity for the catholics, who simply needed to convert as many pagans as possible as quickly as possible, and therefore resorted to massive amounts of sincretism, even from the early days in the middle east.
>>
>>19089751
>have idols of mary and the saints on altars
A statue =/= an idol, you fucking dunce. People who think "idol" means "statue" because of the golden calf story are so retarded. They weren't worshiping the statue, the statue was a representation of their god, and their god was not "the one true god" which is why it was a problem.

>>pray to them in the hope they'll perform miracles
Praying to spirits and angels and asking them for help is not worship, I can't believe I even need to explain that to you. Praying to people who have died is no different from people in the east praying to their ancestors, and obviously they aren't worshiping their ancestors.

You have a very small-minded view of these things.
>>
>>19089760
See: >>19089775
>Praying to spirits and angels and asking them for help is not worship, I can't believe I even need to explain that to you. Praying to people who have died is no different from people in the east praying to their ancestors, and obviously they aren't worshiping their ancestors.
>>
>>19089634
>>19089669
>>19089728
>>19089775
i'm an atheist and this dude is spot on, at least in america. catholics have their fair share of problems (hiding and enabling pedophilia was a big one) but non-catholic christians so spread a bunch of bullshit and lies abotu catholics, they still very much have a competitive, us against them mentality, like they view catholics as they enemy. its honestly really weird. also catholics are generally very chill and very pro-science, whereas non-catholic christians are the crazy bible-thumping anti-science young earth creationists, like that dude bill nye debated.

the higher ups in the catholic church might be corrupt, but the people of the catholic faith are generally much better, way more reasonable and logical thinkers than protestants, reformed, evangelical, etc.
>>
there's nothing paranormal, just a regular "esclava" with the "padre nuestro" (our father) prayer engraved on it.

teens are the ones who wear those mostly, there's also rings and necklaces with the padre nuestro prayer and a cross engravement, same design, and they're not expensive nor rare at all.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.