[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baron Samedi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: baron-samedi-1.jpg (122KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
baron-samedi-1.jpg
122KB, 396x396px
How do I summon Baron Samedi?
>>
>>19085711
I thought that guy is called papa emeritus.
>>
I summoned him before. He really didn't take me seriously. He just laughed at me. Why do you want to summon him?
>>
>>19085767
I've heard he's a healer
>>
He's a joker. Why don't you summon an archangel?
>>
>>19085789
Baron seems really easy to work with. Why are you against him?
>>
>>19085789
>Why don't you summon an archangel?

And the LARPing begins . . .
>>
>>19085816
It began when the post was created
>>
>>19085711
Be respectful to him. He also loves offerings of dark rum, coffee, and cigars.
>>
>>19085869
Yeah but how do I summon him?
>>
>>19085882
This ritual is best performed on a Saturday or a Monday. Make an altar to Baron Samedi by using white and purple cloth. In the center, place a goblet of water. Add one white and one purple candle. Then add several of the following items to the altar: a cross, purple flowers, Death and Judgment tarot cards, the Guédé's ritual symbol, dice, playing cards, sunglasses, a walking stick, and top hat. Also provide some food offerings.

Light the white and purple candles, recite the Lord's prayer, and invoke Papa Legba:

"Papa Legba, open the gate for me! Open the gate for me Papa, so that I may pass. When I return I will thank the loa!"

[1 of 2]
>>
File: VeveBaronSamedi.png (89KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
VeveBaronSamedi.png
89KB, 1200x900px
>>19085891
Pour a little water or rum three times on the ground in front of the altar, and talk to Baron Samedi: "Lord of the Cemetery! Mighty Judge and Healer! please come and accept these offerings!"

Show him all of the offerings you have for him and then ask of him what you need. Dance as wildly as you can for as long as you can and have a great party with lots of decadent food and beverage. When you are done, let the candle burn down and sleep in white. Throw away the leftover food and candle wax in the woods or at a crossroads. Now, wait and see what happens!
-Mambo Racine, Non-initiates Service to Baron Samedi

**Additional Notes**
This ritual can also be performed in the graveyard, as that is Baron Samedi's home. Ensure that you take offerings for him. His favorite rum is Clairin (Haitian moonshine rum). If you can't find it you can get Meyers rum and soak hot habanero peppers in the glass on an altar. I've found that he is very happy with an altar with his wife Maman Brigit. If you go to the graveyard and take dirt, ensure you leave something for him. A cracked white plate with black-eyed peas, money are fine. Never take any dirt from the graveyard without leaving an offering behind.

I find through my workings with him that he is great to call upon for protection, especially for children. If you establish a great relationship with him, he assists in all areas of life. This deity is also great to work with when trying to tap into the ancestral realm or to help family and friends who have transitioned transition to the other side smoothly with his assistance. Very powerful LOA.
>>
>>19085869
Plus, he hates white people
>>
>>19085899
This. Also, when performing any invocation, only where black and/or white.
>>
>>19085908
How do I avoid the fact that he hates white people? Should I just give up voodoo as a whole system?
>>
ITT: giving people just enough information to be a danger to themselves.

>>19085891
>>19085898
well maybe OP will be okay if he follows this to the letter. I'd still be very leery of summoning anything or anybody without proper background knowledge.

>>19085922
nayrt but maybe consider summoning someone other than samedi.

I can't speak for anybody else, so this is just my experience, but calling on a being you know nothing about is like cold calling someone and asking them for a favour. yeah it helps to do the ritual correctly and leave them the proper offerings and shit, but your chances of success are a lot better if you've done your research and can put the ritual into the larger context of the belief system you're working with. also, in the course of educating yourself, you should come across a ritual for them, or know where to find one on your own. if you haven't seen one, keep reading til you do.

my rule of thumb is, if you gotta ask 4chan how to summon/invoke a being, you don't know enough to do it safely.
>>
>>19085922
It's not so much that he dislikes whites for being white, you have to avoid the cultural pressures of the west and accept vodun with a non-critical view. Just follow the path without resistance to what you accept as a cultural norm. The baron will respect those who are serious, not silly dabblers and sightseers.
>>
>>19085882
I've heard he can be summoned at crossroads
>>
>>19085975
Thank you anon, I think your explanation makes more sense
>>
>>19085711
HELLO DAVE
>>
>>19085968
You are not wrong. People tend to try mixing and matching deities and not seeping in the true flavor of what it means to interface with such a thing. Not the safest practice I tell you.
>>
>>19085711
You just did. Kek. God save you.
>>
>>19085968
Seconding this anons point, if you need /x/ to give you instructions you need way more info. At the least go to the Occultism General and ask the folks there for recommendations on where to start your research.

The anons here are also making Samedi sound way more unpleasant and hostile then he is. Like make the offering, don't be a dick and by all accounts he should be a pretty cool dude.
>>
Can you work with Loa without being initiated first?
>>
Had a hatian talk to me about protection voodoo.

Turns out there's a hellofallota cocaine involved.
>>
>>19085898
>>19085891
Does it help to do the ritual in French?
>>
File: New_Lilith.jpg (658KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
New_Lilith.jpg
658KB, 750x1056px
>>19085711
Is this a white man's summon?
>>
>>19088480
OP here, yeah I'm white.
>>
>>19088463
The Baron would respect French and Creole. Any language will work tho--remember, the core is intent.
>>
>>19085711
bumperino
>>
>>19085711
He's supposedly a crossroads spirit. Just show up at the crossroads around 12 or 3AM with some rum and cigars and he'll show up.
>>
Bring him a 40 oz of old English and a bucket of popeyes chicken
>>
File: tumblr_medcx3Hlvx1rslv7z.jpg (146KB, 329x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_medcx3Hlvx1rslv7z.jpg
146KB, 329x576px
Death is pretty goddamn dabber in haitian vodou
>>
>>19085711
First you need to break into the Villa Straylight and reunite an individual named Wintermute with his brother. After a few years, The Baron and the Loa will appear in cyberspace
>>
>>19090989
neuromancer pls
>>
>>19090382
This actually worked.

A black man appeared and took it away from me!
>>
File: facelessghoul.png (30KB, 109x115px) Image search: [Google]
facelessghoul.png
30KB, 109x115px
>>19085757
kek
>>
File: Baron.png (20KB, 201x255px) Image search: [Google]
Baron.png
20KB, 201x255px
He'll be available after you beat the cradle level. Honestly shit in multiplayer though, too easy to hit m8
>>
Play this late at night in a dark room while pissing into your own mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRd9taEuEI8
>>
>>19091167
Are you sure it wasn't just a dindu?
>>
>>19085891
is that a still from the new Tim Burton movie?
>>
>>19091485
Why the piss
>>
>>19091666
Why not?
>>
>>19091666
piss tribute.

duh.
>>
>>19091614
Nope.
>>
>>19091440
damnit im too late!
>>
Baron Samedi is a faggot trickster.
>>
>>19093192
This. Be prepared have him invoked and swallow fire.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.