[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunset and flat earth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0715.jpg (107KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0715.jpg
107KB, 775x719px
Okay I know flat earthers are 99% trolls
>inb4 no they're not
But surely a sunset proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that the earth is round?
>hur dur, muh spotlight sun
No, no, that would theoretically explain why the sky goes DARK at night, but not why the sun disappears over the horizon. The sun disappearing over the horizon, plus the fact that time zones exist PROVES in a way that cannot be disputed, that the earth must be round, because a spotlight sun would not have a horizon to disappear over, even if it could only light the earth in a way consistent with time zones.

Just for fun, who wants to try and ad hoc this one?
>>
Why does no one bring up planes being able to travel from a to b from two possible directions, east or west
>>
Why does no one walk to the edge and check if it's true?
>>
>>19083372
why dont you
>>
Another issue is the water curve.

Did you know water is magnetic?
Curving water isn't that hard
>>
>>19083349
You can observe objects travel away from you and vanish right? Why would it work any differently with a sun 32 miles across? The same way ships disappear bottom first when observed going out to sea.. the myth is many people actually think they can see forever. Being told "stars" are millions of light-years away reinforces this phony notion. A headlamp like orb revolving around a flat pizza shaped earth with the crust being Antarctica explains timezones perfectly. What don't you understand?
>>
>>19083618
*Heatlamp.
>>
The earth is flat, deal with it. You are brainwashed my science propaganda
>>
File: 1496202205092.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
1496202205092.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>19083658
>>
>>19083661
God told me
>>
>>19083618
Even if something would eventually disappear if far enough away that doesn't explain why it disappears over the horizon bottom first.

I honestly expected flat earthers to have a better made up explaination than this.
>>
>>19084688
why do ships disappear bottom first?
Then, with optics you can bring the hull back into view.
The only reason this does not work with the sun during the setting, is because the distance is so far, the amount of zoom available cannot bring the bottom back into view.
>>
>>19083349
There's also the issue that the sun would have to be in multiple places at once to appear to go east-west from everywhere on the flat earth. If we're going with the "magic spotlight circling the equator" model, the sun would appear to rise farther to the north or south the farther you went from the equator.
>>
>>19083372
Because muh massive secret UN fleet patrolling 24/7 to keep the normies out
>>
>>19084362
Well, Phahoog'lfaz told me that the earth is a möbius strip.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.