[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were offered the chance to join a cult would you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

File: eyes_wide_shut.jpg (87KB, 960x525px) Image search: [Google]
eyes_wide_shut.jpg
87KB, 960x525px
Assuming you wouldn't be injured or otherwise assaulted in any way, if you were offered the chance to join a cult would you?

The rules would be that you would have to live in a communal home, 60% of your income would be paid forward to the cult for better housing, food, etc., a wife/husband would be chosen for you, and you'd otherwise have to follow a strict set of laws.

Would you do it? For a sense of belonging? To be part of something more elite than the normal rat race of life? To have something/somebody to follow and live for?

Explain your answer
>>
the kind of cult you described doesnt sound enticing at all, OP.
>>
>>19075879
>For a sense of belonging?
I'll never belong.

I'm not all that interested, no. Any group of people freaks me out. A group of insane people is even worse.
>>
Become a cuck. No thanks

Typical retard invoker
>>
>>19075894
Cults aren't usually enticing beyond offering somebody a permanent home, a mate without having to go through the trouble of the dating game, a family of sorts, and somebody/something to live and work for
>>
>>19075915
those kinds arent any fun. better to just live now as you are and have more freedom
>>
>>19075894
This
>>
>>19075937
I don't think there's such a thing as a "fun" cult
>>
>>19075879
would i have power and authority and able to take revenge on certain people?
>>
>>19075974
Anything that hasn't been listed above is fair game.
>>
File: 343.jpg (22KB, 640x550px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
22KB, 640x550px
>>19075894
This. Fuck off OP
>>
>>19075986
CULTS aren't supposed to fun free for all's faggot. Your "enticing" all around idea of a cult doesn't exist. Cults are determined to be a CULT by certain limitations they impose.
>>
File: 1404108325609.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1404108325609.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>19075879
>would u do something u dont agree with, but do agree with?
only works if i agree with its principles/laws/rules....
i believe in a higher power, and i know for a fact that, that power likes to channel itself into individuals who made the 'sacrifice' & does exist tangibly ((IMO)) -- those individuals r God to me -- for very ironic/paradoxical(?) reasons though
>>
>>19075980
then that is intriguing although im not sure what i would have to offer a cult.
>>
>>19075997
They entice you with more than belonging. Communal food? No one starves. Well, to get that, we need to choose your spouse for you. Well, we'll need communal power and water, so we'll need more of your income. To prevent waste of our limited resources, you'll need to adhere to strict laws. People on the outside don't like our laws, drink this koolaid.

You're trying to throw it all out at once. Your premise is fucked. You culted wrong.
>>
>>19076027
I'm not trying to make a cult jfc what's wrong with you people? I was just asking people in general if they would join a cult if they could with an outline on what most cults ask for.

Fuck you guys are a bunch of sticks in the mud.
>>
>>19076049
I'm just saying, no one joined people's temple specifically to move to Guyana (well, there might have been one or two retards). You're asking about some late-stage cult behaviors without the standard "cuz jebus" or "ayys save us" afterlife promises that people want beyond "community".

OP, are you so lonely that you'd join a restrictive cult just for a sense of belonging?
>>
>>19075879
If it means i get some sweet fucking robes and a mask hell yeah i'll join.
>>
>>19076049
Yeah but the type of cult you explained is lame and fucking gay, there's tons of fun
cults out there that are fucking chaotic drug orgies
>>
>>19075957
but there are those that allot its adherents special perks that the masses are not privy to have.
>>
File: heymanhavesomebeans (4).jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
heymanhavesomebeans (4).jpg
40KB, 480x360px
I think i'd consider the cult if they provided some wonderful green beans for everyone to enjoy!
>>
>>19077239
who the fuck are you lol get off these threads
>>
Depends. If they proved to me that an higher being existed and gave me the opportunity to become elite then yes.
>>
So Communism + chosen partners? No thanks
>>
>>19077333
They already attempted this cult experiment on a large scale, it was quite powerful and expanded quickly. It was such a threat to humanity than half the world united against it and set about too limit its power and influence. Most people under it ended up being born-into the cult, some were happy most were not. Many ended up starving, many dead in wars. You lose far more freedom than what you think you are signing up for, even when given those strict rules.
>>
File: heymanhavesomebeans (11).jpg (204KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
heymanhavesomebeans (11).jpg
204KB, 450x338px
>>19077270
Hey man, you seem a bit angry, you know what i do when i get under the weather? I have a nice big plate of some tasty green beans. You're welcome to have some of mine, if you want.
>>
>>19077349
you know i am under the weather
thanks for the offer but im a full on carnivore
>>
all cultists go to the hell realm for the unforgivable sin of idolization
>>
>>19075879

It depends a lot on what kind of cult it was and what they offered.

I don't think life is as sacred as everyone want it to be, and I think that a lot of happiness can come from the sense of belonging and purpose you describe.

What would be the deciding factor for me would be the pitch and the evidence.

>the pitch
They'd have to try to sell me something I could not get anywhere else and make me believe it. Like they'd have to sell me som god or afterlife or eternal salvation or whatever. Something so valuable and desired by me that I'd have a hard time turning them away, no matter how strict their rules.

>the evidence
This is the tough one. They'd have to convince me beyond a sliver of a doubt that what I was being offered was real and wouldn't go away. If they promised me a god with divine powers, then I'd have to see him carry out a miracle. If they offered me eternal paradise in the afterlife then I'd have to either preview it, or talk to someone who was already dead who could testify to it.

In short if the reward was great enough, and they could prove that it was within my reach I might do it.
>>
>>19077615
you mean of course the breeding of a cloned prepubescent transgendered sex slave who is propped up into an idol by first "shattering" it's life? yes that is indeed unforgivable.
>>
>>19075879
How hots my slut wife?
>>
>>19075879
Not even the God of the Jews asks for more than 10% of your income. 60% is a straight-up money laundering scheme.
>>
>>19077353
Ketogenic diet is best, desu
>>
>>19075879
That kind of cult is... empty and mechanical.
Where is freedom to choose?
>>
>>19075879
No I'm not the juice drinker type, I'm the cult leader type.
>>
File: full.png (954KB, 1000x672px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
954KB, 1000x672px
>>19075879
I was an objectified living doll, spirit medium, live deity statue figure like thing? It wasn't exactly cultist but it was cultlike behavior/situation I was in for a week. It was weird and I liked it and I stayed there. It felt nice but I missed home
>>
>>19075910
this.
>>
>>19075879
A cult? Kek. No. Like minded individuals who change the world, already part of one of those. Fuck cults.
>>
>>19075879
only sad, dependant failures need to "belong" to something to have purpose

if just being alive and experiencing all the things and people in this world isn't enough for you, then maybe you shouldn't be here
>>
>>19075879
I'd do it because I only get to enjoy 20% or less of my earnings currently
>>
>>19075879
No, because that sounds shitty. I want to start my own cult just to be around like minded people and teach them what I've learned in life. We could probably do some good together.
>>
>>19075879
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>19078679
what are you even saying
>>
>>19079860
This sounds alright, a cult of friends
>>
File: Chaostar3D.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Chaostar3D.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>>19079915
Yeah, there would be no rules other than be a good person and help your people basically. No arranged marriages or any of that shit. Donate what you can but not forced. I just want to hail Eris with other decent people.
>>
>>19075879
No
>>
>>19079953
>basically a group of friends believing in the same god/whatever, doing rituals and having fun

seems good, why cant all cults be like this
>>
>>19075879
Yes
>>
>>19079962
Because power corrupts people. Not me though. I've been through trials in life. Like being homeless for a long time. It taught me to be humble but strong at the same time.
>>
File: 1478326902992.jpg (45KB, 634x626px) Image search: [Google]
1478326902992.jpg
45KB, 634x626px
>>19078679
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>19078689
part of what now?
>>
No. I like my freedom
>>
Probably. I'd just be glad to have friends, to be honest.
>>
>>19077239
Don't stop, Mr. Green Beans. /x/ can use some veg. Be sure and hit ever flat Earth thread.
>>
File: 1099.gif (1010KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
1099.gif
1010KB, 500x248px
>>19075879
Nope, they will impregnate me to use the baby for sacrifice. And I am a guy
>>
>>19079860
>>19079953
>>19080013
Sounds pretty good anon. I would join your cult
>>
I'd only join for sexual gratification. I wanna be raped while a circle of men in hoodies watch me.
>>
I'd join a cult pretty much depending on how good the pussy is and if what ever fucked up shit I have to do is worth how good the pussy is.
>>
Not really. They can be fun if you're immune to brainwashing and want free food and booze though. It's better than being homeless for a month or two, though you need to get out right before they label you as the antichrist.
>>
>>19085035
>>19085041
Go jack off and then come back to respond to these threads.
>>
>>19075879

Not my style. Don't trust people enough for that kind of deal.
>>
What kind ignorant fool would?
>>
>>19075879
Me? Nah, but then I'm not much of a joiner. But it's your life, make it your own by making your own decisions.
>>
>>19085089
Done, still would pretty much base my decision off the pussy.
>>
um noooooo...... im a born leader not a follower or have low self esteem. plus the deprograming is a long pain in the ass process
>>
>>19085014
Damn, maybe I should start a cult.
>>
the thing about cults is that they don't tell you it's a cult, starts sort of normal and then when you are already sucked in the things you described happen
>>
>only if the cult was one of horny women that only want one male member
>>
>>19085014
>>19085942
sounds good to me also.
where?
>>
>>19075879
>The rules would be that you would have to live in a communal home
>apartments, condos, leases, mortgages, roommates, extended family
If you don't own your house, own the land your house is on, and live there with you and your direct family only - you already DO live in communal housing.

>60% of your income would be paid forward to the cult for better housing, food, etc.
What, like a social security tax? A fair housing tax? Food stamps? Again this already takes place. Except in "society" you pay the tax and also pay the store; cult only charges you once.
>a wife/husband would be chosen for you
It is very rare that a person marries outside of expected societal norms.
>you'd otherwise have to follow a strict set of laws.
Or be labelled a criminal and put in prison or be forced to pay hefty fines.

Joining a cult is just trading one domineering government for another. Except with a cult you might be able to go talk face to face with the leader. And a cult is honest that you have no actual power.
>>
>>19075879
Not trying to be an edgy try hard or anything, but aren't cults for those who are easily manipulated n stuff?
>>
>>19090040
you speak the truth.
hence my interest in >>19085942's proposal to start a less oppressive cult.
>>
>>19090061
yes, just like governments, religions, and mainstream society
>>
>>19090061
Yes.
You're not being edgy.
Cults revolve around the worship of one single individual and their ideas, you would have to be a dependent person and easily manipulated by their cunning and charisma.
>>
>>19091153
Now this; this is edgy.
>>
Depends on what the cult's goals and ambitions are.
>>
>>19089359
Somewhere innawoodsish like a proper cult and for maximum spoop?
>>
>>19091150
It wouldn't even be oppressive. Just like minded people living near and helping each other, and talking about similar interests.
>>
Depends on the fringe benefits. I've already had the chance except I think you had to give way more than 60% income. It was too religious and it didn't seem like I'd get anything out of it for the trouble.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.