[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suddenly starting to fear hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 1485128570629.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1485128570629.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
I was raised Catholic but in my teenage years I became Agnostic. I respect Christianity and I even go to church every once in a while just to please my family. But,I simply cannot devote my life to it. I try to live a morally good life. I don't cause harm to others and I am polite. It may be a bit arrogant of me to say but I consider myself to be a good person.

But,the past week I've suddenly started to fear going to hell. Apparently,just being a good person doesn't allow you to go to heaven (if it exists). You have to truly believe and if you don't,you go straight to hell. At least this is the Catholic teaching. Am I fucked /x/? I just can't bring myself to fully believe in God. Even when I try to,I always revert back to being Agnostic. Is eternal suffering my only option???
>>
its called "grow up," OP
>>
>>19073564
Uggh.... KYS
>>
If heaven and hell exist then its because humans accessed technology. Any hell is not permanent. If makes heaven then lives eternal life.

A realistic and plausible interpretation of the bible is as a history and herstory of interaction with humans who accessed eternal life technology.
>>
>>19073564
the ''hell'' is just in the mind

do not go to the false light
>>
>>19073564
if you are truly that scared, then just convert and repent on your deathbed. christians say it counts.
>>
File: moses5.png (1MB, 1280x773px) Image search: [Google]
moses5.png
1MB, 1280x773px
>>19073564
>But,the past week I've suddenly started to fear going to hell. Apparently,just being a good person doesn't allow you to go to heaven (if it exists). You have to truly believe and if you don't,you go straight to hell. At least this is the Catholic teaching.

Don't listen to the Church...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKz7BfwweuY
>>
Church is just a social club.
There's no proof of hell, and unless you have done something truly bad, like murdered someone in cold blood, you have nothing to fear.
>>
>>19074968
Catholic church is not a social club. There are many who go to mass for the Sacrament of Communion alone.

>>19073564
OP, I too was born Catholic and I feel that I did not get a say in my being Baptized or my being given First Communion. Because of these things which happened to me as a child, I am permanently Catholic even if the church decided to excommunicate me. You happen to be in that same boat.

I didn't go to mass all throughout college and only recently started to go to mass within the past year. Only within the past year have I actually began to believe that the Catholic church has a basis in supernatural or just "Religious" means. I would do dissociative drugs on an almost daily basis just to escape from the fucked up reality that my life had become. One day I was so depressed and fatigued in life that I decided to go to mass (still high as balls on dissociative drugs). During mass, I had amazing closed eyed visuals where some entity was actually communicating to me through a scrolling text of words. I enjoyed this greatly because I ingested the dissociatives specifically for the visuals I would get with my eyes closed (which were purely geometrical in nature). Long story short: my mindstate before the Sacrament of Communion and my mindstate afterwards could not even be considered comparable.

After the Sacrament of Communion, my trip completely changed. Like literally 180 degree flipped into outward visual beauty (almost LSD-like) and inner peace. I have no words for what it felt like, but it showed me that there is literally a real thing with the Eucharist/Wine that is blessed in a Catholic church.

Now, I cannot say at all that the church or its belief in breaking bread and having the Sacrament of Communion ("for eternal life and the forgiveness of sins") will correlate at all to going to Heaven or going to Hell but atleast because you have had the eucharist previously in life, you are in fact still part of the body of the church.
>>
>>19073564
Oh, so I looked it up. According to the Catholic church:
1037:"God predestines no one to go to hell; for this, a willful turning away from God (a mortal sin) is necessary, and persistence in it until the end.
In Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the Church implores the mercy of God"

-From the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Because you technically are part of the body of the Catholic church (because you were baptized and have had the Sacrament of Communion), you technically are being included in every prayer of the Church that asks for forgiveness of sin and salvation from damnation.

Hope that helps anon.
>>
This is common amongst ex-Christians, and not terribly surprising. I'll tell you some of the things that help me deal with it.

There's actually not much of a basis for hell in the bible. It's completely unmentioned in the old testament, and is mostly an artefact of shitty translation in the new. It's psychological warfare tactics designed to keep you in line.

Furthermore it's quite obvious that Christianity's claim to being the sole, actual truth is laughable. The development of the monotheist God can be traced back to greedy priests who wanted other god's followers to follow theirs. The idea that there is "one true god as described in the bible" is 1) bad metaphysics 2) logically inconsistent (problem of evil) and 3) obviously untrue. If there was one all-powerful God, then other religions would simply not exist.
>>
>>19076811
>Catholic church is not a social club. There are many who go to mass for the Sacrament of Communion alone.

Wooosh right over your head.

>>19073564
OP dont listen to the organizations that want to take a positive thing and use it for their own purposes.
>>
>>19073564
>But,the past week I've suddenly started to fear going to hell. Apparently,just being a good person doesn't allow you to go to heaven (if it exists). You have to truly believe and if you don't,you go straight to hell. At least this is the Catholic teaching. Am I fucked /x/? I just can't bring myself to fully believe in God. Even when I try to,I always revert back to being Agnostic. Is eternal suffering my only option???
you need to find a strong Christian to pray the sinner's prayer with,. someone who can intercede fro you before God to ask Him to grant you favor, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Do it immediately.

In fact, God is telling me that he already put a man in your life that was designed to be your Kinsman Redeemer, but you rejected him for no reason other than your own selfishness and judgmentality.

Go back to him.

Also, until you do, you can accept Jesus as your saviour by FAITH, anon. Just say the sinner's prayer, and say "I believe this by Faith, not by feelings." God will understand.

For we walk by Faith, not by sight.

That's how we change the world.
>>
>>19073747
>repent on your deathbed.
what if you die suddenly?

too late.

today is the acceptable day of salvation, Anon.

there is no tomorrow, only now.
>>
>>19073564

Why would you go to heaven anyways, the whole concept makes no sense to begin with. Heaven could be some kind of society filled with insufferable people and austere rules, or could be a personal heaven which would turn into hell periodically.

In my opinion hell offers a wide variety of possibilities, yeah, you apparently get tortured or whatever, so what? you're already dead and torture is inefficient when mixed with eternity since your mind will break and readjust to anything. However, hell seems to be a lot less upthight and there's the possibility of you gaining power there and climbing a hierarchy, and i took this from actual christian lore.
>>
>>19073564
anon god doesn't want you to fear hell. he wants you to be happy in knowing you aren't going there.
we aren't perfect and cannot avoid every transgression, but legitimately calling out your mistakes to yourselves and trying to fix them and better yourself and be truthful overall will ensure your ticket.
to rebirth in a perfect world
>>
>>19077066

Do you realize in a perfect world everyone should be think just like you? That means no individuality and no freedom, the concept is flawed.

Unless you consider the inhabitants to be a collective entity with no human emotions.
>>
>>19077001
He's Catholic. The entire church intercedes for their own parishioners every day.

Why don't you intercede for him? If you choose not to, is it because of your own selfishness and judgmentality?
>>
>>19077084
Christians are the vegans of religious people.
>>
Sounds like you've been hooked in by the indoctrination, OP. Who else but the Catholic pigs.
>>
>>19077092
>Why don't you intercede for him?
I already have.
>>
File: fml.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fml.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>19077066
FUNDIES GTFO REEEEE
>>
>>19077084
>Do you realize in a perfect world everyone should be think just like you? That means no individuality and no freedom, the concept is flawed.
>Unless you consider the inhabitants to be a collective entity with no human emotions.
you don't get it. it's not about what you do.

it's about what Jesus did for you, so you could be humanly sinful and still rate Paradise.
>>
>>19073564
When grown ass men are still tricked into god being real and are scared of going to hell. top fucking kek!!!!
>>
>>19077066
Christfag why must you christfag at a time like this.
let me tell you something special.
the meaning of life is death.
there is no hell.
there is no heaven.
God is the devil.
>>
>>19077187

Don't bother, they don't even know their own God, they lost it a long time ago and now they worship some gay ass 0% sugar-free version of it. They're all going to hell without realizing.
>>
>>19073564
>I was raised in the wrong religion and now I fear its hell

Gnosticism, OP
>>
>>19077216
they are in hell. it's sad really. living life with nothing to show for their actions but a persecution complex and religion induced schizophrenia. >>19077216
>>
>>19077225
this
>>
File: heymanhavesomebeans (3).jpg (71KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
heymanhavesomebeans (3).jpg
71KB, 533x800px
Hey man, we all go through tough times. But you know what really picks me up when i am down? Green beans. Enjoy some of my tasty green beans friend.
>>
you dont need to be a good person all you need to do is try and confess and feel bad for your sins to you lord jesus h christ and you got a sweet ticket to heaven.
its not that hard
>>
>>19077001
> for we walk by faith
tell that to a cripple, cunt.
>>
>>19077231

Do you realize not a single one of them will understand what you just said don't you?
>>
>>19077247
yeah I know. but it's my job to spread truth anyways.
>>
>>19077259
>yeah I know. but it's my job to spread truth anyways.
The Truth isn't a what, it's a who.

Jesus Christ.

" I am the way, the Truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me." - Jesus
>>
>>19077753
fuck off unless you're willing to have a sensible debate without constantly rerouting to passages of a fairy tale manual on how to worship a trickster deity
>>
>>19077753
"that jesus guy was a cunt and a liar, worship me instead" - krishna
>>
File: 1440194283001.jpg (87KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1440194283001.jpg
87KB, 582x600px
>trouble sleeping
>wake up
>it's raining outside
>check clock
>6:16
>start saying prayer
>lightning strike sounds like an explosion through open window
>check clock
>6:17
>>
>>19073712
You my friend are eternally damned for blasphemy.
>>
the programming is working
>>
>>19073564
That feeling of going to hell is just subconscious mind tricking you into some self made depression pit.

You say you're a genuinely good person, and part of that might be true, but DEEP inside you know something is wrong, something is missing, and you're only making yourself miserable, no one else is doing that for you.

But it's for good, since it's something you and only you has to take care of. You're not going to hell OP. Hell isn't a place for someone like you. You should meditate on it or go out and self explore and contemplate your mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>19073564
Loolvup and learn about astral planes. I believe we go there when we die and wait out for our next lives. I don't believe in this one god in most human religions. I believe in many but worship none. I believe their are thinhs that can help ypu move to the next life quicker like just having respect for other people and animals and not harming unless provoked or for food and never harming young beings.
>>
>>19074968
Church is a cult
>>19076811
I had all my holy sacraments but still would rather worship the dark then this so called light
>>
>>19077001
>reddit spacing
>protestant opinions
LOL
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXkBBIaiVc
>>
>>19073564
>I believe in hell but not God

Are you retarded

If you don't believe in God why would you be afraid of hell. It doesn't exist if God isn't real.

HOWEVER God is real and you should believe in him. Watch Trey Smith's "Theory of Everything" on YouTube if it's science stuff that's keeping you from realizing the Truth.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.