[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

conditioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 7B4.jpg (64KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
7B4.jpg
64KB, 1000x750px
I've been working on a theory.
Whenever a depressed character is shown in media, he/she always resorts to excessive eating, alcohol or some other harmful activity in order to take their minds off things or try and feel better. I've always dismissed such behavior as something embellished by fiction.
Lately I've been through some tough times, and whenever I feel really sad or anxious I find myself drinking more or overeating.
Is it some sort of conditioning by the media, in order to take socially unstable people into a downward spyral and bring them to self destruction? Or am I just delirious?
I'm thinking, maybe if I had not be influenced by it, I would be able to cope with depression and get out of it?
>>
We do things that make us feel better when we're depressed. Drinking numbs us, and eating things we enjoy releases endorphins that make us feel good. I've taken to peaches and dark chocolate when I go through waves of depression. That, and something with an indica strain tends to help.
>>
Yes media is an extremely effective at intentional and unintentional disinformation

it lays out patterns for you to follow that you would not have otherwise thought of

media is very hostile to non-neurotypical non-normative non-white individuals and is basically a branch of white privilege
>>
>>19072254
you are low iq and you are starting to come up with simple conspiracy theories
>>
>>19072254
no
that's just human coping behaviour
>>
>>19072254
You're seeking to fill a void with temporary pleasures in excess amount, which will never work because they are temporary. Its more of the product of society than the media that you picked up this nasty habit, as most people on earth do the same. People go around working very hard to enjoy various forms of temporary sense gratification. People may desire s nice house, a nice car, pleasurable food, a nice family, but these are all temporary and unsatisfactory things. The only true way to fill that void is through meditation or yogic practices, which is by largely absent in society.
>>
I think it's just the need to feel good, cause those things you mention, usually make you feel good somehow
getting drunk, or full, or high makes you feel good, and in some cases also lets you just drift away

I know that's the case with me, i kind'a feel i want to get high because it feels good, but when i'm high, i just get sleepy, so it's not like i get much out of the experience other than the fleeting weirdness
>>
>>19072254
It's your body's natural reaction, when your mind is unstable, the body becomes unstable too, you get huge amounts of cortisol and a bunch of other 'feel-bad' hormones coursing through your body and making you feel even shittier on a physical level than on mental, so your brain goes on the defensive and you start craving food, drugs, sex, overall beneficial things that pump you full of dopamine and serotonine in order to compensate for the nasty stuff and reduce stress. Nothing to do with the media, plenty of old-ass books depict depressed characters hitting the bottle like there's no tomorrow. Maybe you should read up a bit, broaden your understanding a bit so you won't cycle through shitty conspiracy crap all your life.
>>
>>19072254
do the media popularize extremes?
yes

do a bunch of people sit around a table and try to come up with ways to make your life worse through entertainment?
probably not
>>
>>19072823
You have no idea
>>
Its honestly just peoples way of coping. Alcohol makes you feel great and eating is just delicious so combine the both and you got yourself a release from the pain.
>>
File: 1345502524219.jpg (28KB, 286x287px) Image search: [Google]
1345502524219.jpg
28KB, 286x287px
>>19072254
Now start to think large. What else might be conditioning you ?

Thought it's up to you to lift that veil.

And do not put everything on the world. Lot of schemes are played to put us down, but ultimately it's the I that choose to bow down.

Stay strong.
Wish you the best !
>>
>>19072913

What else is conditioning us...and why.
>>
File: 1364814002929.jpg (160KB, 1036x637px) Image search: [Google]
1364814002929.jpg
160KB, 1036x637px
>>19072984
Think about it, OP layed it already.
You see in most form of media "down" people resorting to destructive act to help, not heal themselves, but to bottle it up, forget, run. When you see that, especially from young age, repeatedly you start to form what we may call a programme, and start acting on it. That's how cigarets, through movies and all, were manufactured to give that cool vibe.
It's overtly used to sell, but not only.

School is another good exemple, working like military. Either submit to the authority and accept what is told, or become an outsider, a pariah, if you dare question or worse refuse it to build your own world view.

What's important is not "someone" is influencing me (everything influence everything). But being able to see/sense that influence to not lose yourself to outside agenda.

Look up how neuroscience is not used for the betterment of this planet and lifes forms. Cause it's present everywhere in the media.

But of course, how could it be right ? Must be crazy to believe what's not officialy accepted... oh wait !
>>
>>19072913
Shadow government: we make Heaven so we have liberty somewhere...in heaven is where we have liberty.
>>
File: caddicarus_mfw_01563.png (235KB, 365x431px) Image search: [Google]
caddicarus_mfw_01563.png
235KB, 365x431px
>>19072254
Drinking booze made me more social and happy when playing games, shit's funny when you're doing co-op when trying to focus. And going to a doctor is pretty much a scam, it's just piss meetings that they either telling you to take some sort of pill(s) or more meetings. They are just parasites, not doctors, eating your wallet.
>>
>>19072823
You really would be surprised at what some people are paid to do/come up with. As someone that works in pop advertising, I can safely say that there are some groups that do just that. It's not in everything. Just be careful about the film, music and tele you choose to eat up. Not everybody has your best interests in mind.

But at the same time, these things do also come from an almost instinctual place. This doesn't mean the prior can not be true, rather, that the prior is much easier to set up because of pre-existing interest. For these people, their built in audience is nearly the entirety of the human race. That's one hell of a demographic. And as we all know, understanding your target audience and your built in audience is about half of the game; the other half being pushing the right buttons for the right reactions and getting the right figures to craft our images.

Unfortunately, why this works and why this is done is very simple. We're farming the weak-willed. It's an easy and old enough business. Just playing off what nature left us humans to work with and as of the mid nineties, we are exceptionally good at doing just that. It's a dirty business and I'm not proud of all I've done with and in my life. I guess this small confession is my subconscious trying to make amends so that I can continue to sleep at night. Hmm.

We in the entertainment biz aren't the only ones doing this.>>19073065 brings up a few good points. I wouldn't recomend following that rabbit hole to it's rightful end, because you find anything helpful or nice unless your intention is to join in on the exploitation. Which, I suppose I am nobody to tell you otherwise, though, if you've a conscience you might find you hate yourself whenever you have the time to calm down and really process your life. But maybe that's just me. I've definitely been a kink in the mail on my last few projects. Will likely get the axe soon if I don't shake it off. But that's neither here nor there, is it?
>>
>>19073390
It is honestly stupid to assume that nobody uses your weaknesses to take advantage of you. This is a tradition as old as man. Those that invest themselves too deeply into the social contract and believe that others care about their well-being as much as they'd like to care for another's are the easiest and most common targets besides addictive personalities and tin foiler's. This is because all three groups make themselves especially vulnerable to outside interference/input. Well, perhaps not so much with the paranoids. It seems to me that their more susceptable because they (often times) believe they're untouchable in that way. Their research has taught them something that makes them impervious to subterfuge and foul play. This is far from the case. It's actually pretty commonly known that those that think they're resistent(to conditioning) are generally the more malleable. The confidence more often than not springs from an insecurity about control over themselves or their lives or having picked up on some small bit of what we do. They think it gives them power, but don't realize that their are measures to keep those "clever" ones in line. It's a fucking travesty that humans have become so good at lying to each other, in all honesty. I am ashamed to work with the people I do and ashamed to wake up as myself. But again, that's a little too personal to really be relevant.

I can't reveal any trade secrets; I am behind a few proxies but know that doesn't make me untraceable to my "superiors". I can't reveal what projects I've worked on or what cultural figures I've worked with for the same reasons. You almost definitely will not believe me, but this is all one hundred and ten percent true. A fitting percentile, because from what I understand, we are the very best at what we do. We are the Michael Jordan of making you feel secure and tucking you in, all the while, gluing those covers down so that you would not be able to escape.
>>
>>19073465
So that you will have no choice but to continue to pay us for these lovely and hilarious stories and so that you will always have a reason to depend on the long arm that is entertainment.

If you don't have the time or will to read through this, fuck you. You and your short attention span may or may not deserve the life you'll craft for yourself(with our aid). I will tldr anyway because this is not about judgement, rather an honest apology and gesture in the right direction. Here's to quitting my terrible job and signing all kinds of confidentiality(I"ll fucking ruin you if you talk) agreements. Fuck it all.

tldr; there are people that want your soul because your soul=money. I don't literally mean your soul because magics don't real ya big dumby. Be careful what you feed your brain. There are people selling you poison and calling it the fiji water of entertainment.

Good luck not getting emotionally and mentally maimed in our little personal hell of a gauntlet.
>>
>>19073488
It's worth mentioning that this site and this page in particular are full of the devices we use. Somebody here, whoever is in charge, has gone to great lengths to make sure you eat only what they think is good for you to eat.

The easiest way to incapacitate your prey is to convince them that you are not nemesis, rather good friends. With this position, you feed them chocolates filled with poison. They never suspect a thing if you do it right.

Be very fucking wary. There are very few people in my line of work that have a functioning conscience. You'd think being a sociopath or at least able to play one was a job requirement in this field.
>>
File: IMG_1929.png (16KB, 321x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1929.png
16KB, 321x241px
>>19072254

I think that you're in the right mindtrack; normies are conditioned to sniff out poorly adjusted people. Once you've started on a downward spiral and been marked by your local community as a defective life becomes much harder. You're not the only one though. This world is just waiting for you and me to somehow fuck it up so it can chew you up and spit you out.

Remember: once you've been thrown away by society, you don't owe it anything. They'll assume you loved playing the role they've assigned you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.