[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i get into occultism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6575.jpg (61KB, 314x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6575.jpg
61KB, 314x469px
how do i get into occultism?
>>
>>19071679
Don't, it's stupid.
>>
>>19071679
You read a lot of texts from many different sources and then try to practice some of it. Nothing will happen and most people give up at this point. Keep practicing and go back and read some more. Look at the foundations of these teachings. Learn to decipher the arcane language and actually understand these strange works beyond what's visible on the surface. Research enough and something will click. Then the magic happens.
>>
>>19071679
stop drinking alcohol
lay in bed when not tired
close eyes, use blindfold if necessary to block out light.
establish a pattern of breathing in slowly and deeply
breathe out even slower
think of nothing
when you do think, dont chastise yourself
just stop yourself. when you think again, stop yourself again.
repeat and practice until results.

check out joseph campbell if you are capable of enjoying dry but interesting lectures.
>>
>>19071699
Religion is the means to create the illusion that there's an everpresent enemy. Making people distrustful, therefore, more willing to strike before getting hurt.

Its not turning the other cheek.

Do no harm, take no shit.

_Antivirus Antichrist
>>
Read occult books and post on /x/.

Also, meditation always helps with this type of thing.
>>
>>19071679
Pick up a landline phone and close your eyes while listening to the dial tone .Then say; moths that flutter in the adjacent light grant me sight. 6 to 9 times .
>>
>>19071679
By open inquiry you've attracted attention to yourself already

It is on its way. Hope you're ready for the test

Eternity beckons
>>
>>19071706
where should one start if they want to get into joseph campbell?
>>
>>19071679
You allready are by being this interested. Now you need to understand the language. Every word has hidden (literally the meaning of the word 'Occult ') meanings. By preform rituals you will find out the true meanings of the words. Preforming them literally won't get you anything but trouble. Preforming them taking in account the hidden meaning of the actual ritual as written or taught, will make you strong and bring you what you desire.
>>
File: Secret-Teachings-Of-All-Ages.jpg (14KB, 190x288px) Image search: [Google]
Secret-Teachings-Of-All-Ages.jpg
14KB, 190x288px
Secret Teaching of all ages by Manly P Hall
>>
>>19072890
Audiobook this on youtube.
>>
Cant say im not interested in getting into it either op
>>
>>19071679
Don't,you embodiment of stupidity
>>
experience tells me that people who ask this question usually shouldn't bother, because they are apparently to retarded to just get into it
so even if you point them in a direction, they immediately get lost because all of the literature goes completely over their empty heads or they misinterpret ridiculously and become some new age type faggots
>>
>>19073521
also people who can't do their own research clearly lack any actual discipline, persistence and drive which are absolutely the most essential
>>
>>19073521
>>19073531
this is wrong, people waste their precious lifetime because there is so much bullshit out there that they have to dig through until they hit gold, because nobody is there to lead them in the right direction from the start. This is true for every other topic as well (fitness, academic ect.). If people wouldn't be getting bad advice from the start or had to start from rock bottom without any direction they would be more motivated because of the positive reinforcement they get early on.

OP, I highly recommend listening to Mark Passio on youtube. He is the best thing I have found until now.
>>
heres an idea; don't
>>
listen to deicide while smoking strong weed in the woods at night. worked for me.
>>
Observe your mind and body. Just observe, without judgment. This will be the foundation of all major occult practices.

Read stuff into Alchemy as well. Jung is good for a starter. Also watch YouTube series about it.

Some anon mentioned Mark Passion. GREAT source but be careful. He promotes too much hate.
>>
Read established mystical literature. Focus on a single body of work. Consume it. Meditate on it. Meditation & other works are optional & imo better left alone until the veil has been met. Don't rush it. Take your time. If the work doesn't speak to you either continue reading or leave it be until that frame of mind / text opens to you.
>>
>>19072644
that rings true with me in a way.
you ask for it and then depending on where you are, you might be made aware of the darkness or beamed with light.
you come out in the end, usually with a heap of gratitude.

just dont be reduced to psychs.
I had a psych doctor tell me you do NOT want to be on psych meds.
endure. pressure makes diamentes mi amigo
>>
>>19072647
Start with The Hero with a Thousand Faces. I'd also take a look at Jung when going into the occult, things like Man and his Symbols, or The Red Book if you can manage it.
Here's an interview with Joseph Campbell that goes through his work and thoughts: https://youtu.be/1UMP9O8puGU
>>
>>19071679
Email John Podesta
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.