[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is God Omnipotent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: God.jpg (24KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
24KB, 1200x680px
Well this is a bit obvious but I just need full clarification, I would prefer Bible hints or true Christians answering but all are welcome.
>>
>>19071150
Of course not. He can't even make a stone he can't lift.
>>
>>19071150

Mu.

You're asking the wrong ones the wrong things. Look within, trace the universal frequency back to its source and find out yourself.
>>
>>19071150
God debris by Scott Adams offers an interesting perspective on this
>>
>>19071150
I should've put Yahweh instead of God since it clicks more, apologies.
>>
Yes. God is everything. Now Christians may not want to admit this but if God is truly omnipotent then God is Satan himself, because there can't be nothing besides God.
"I kill and I make alive, I wound and I heal; and there is none who can deliver out of my hand".
This is one of the many reasons why I believe there is no such thing as an external God, IMO he is our awareness. The Bible states many times that God became man, how Christ and the kingdom of heaven is within us and that what we ask we shall receive, if only we believe that I am he. God's name is I AM. Really makes you think huh? But then again there are millions of interpretations for the Bible, I view the whole thing as metaphorical instead of historical, talking about the creative power of our awareness.
>>
>>19071169
huh, reminds me of Mainlander's decaying God.
>>
File: imagess.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
imagess.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>19071150
All I can say is I sure hope not
>>
File: moses5.png (1MB, 1280x773px) Image search: [Google]
moses5.png
1MB, 1280x773px
>>19071150
>Well this is a bit obvious but I just need full clarification, I would prefer Bible hints or true Christians answering but all are welcome.

I don't think so - but I don't really know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slwVHsJJdfk
>>
>>19071150
if God is omnipotent, yet allows people to suffer. then he's a massive asshole

only an asshole allows suffering if one has the power to stop it easily
>>
>>19071262
If he did anything to stop it then we wouldn't have truly free will, but then again, what is the point of giving us free will when it ends in suffering?
>>
Most of the philosophical problems with Christianity can be solved by considering the idea that God is actually a very powerful but extremely fallable creative force.
>>
>>19071154

That highlights a problem with our language and comprehension of true omnipotentce rather than showing God is incapable of doing something

The answer to your question is "no" though. Same way there are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 (e.g. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.1111111) but none contain the whole number 3. It's a misunderstanding of infinity not needing all sets only an infinite number of sets.

If God has full power over our universe then nothing can be created he doesn't have power over in our universe. Nothing is superior to him. Omnipotence doesn't mean he can create something that's superior to himself merely that he has full and total control and presence over everything within his creation

It's difficult to comprehend the concept
>>
>>19071262

>I cannot comprehend God and attach my own human desires and intentions to a being that is so far out of our ability to grasp in our brain properly it's pointless to try

Just because you're incapable of understanding a plan doesn't mean there isn't one. Stop attaching your human expectations onto him. He's not an old man in the sky

You can call him an asshole all you want but it won't make him not God

Your post is the mortal equivalent to

>"fuck you dad"
>>
File: 5135143.jpg (40KB, 526x331px) Image search: [Google]
5135143.jpg
40KB, 526x331px
>>19071150
God is omnipotent but all forgiving and God treats all the same
>>
>>19071262
If you had dominion over an entire planet would you let parts of it sort its self out, knowing the absolute end goal that the humans could not, even if it means leaving them and their own free will to think poorly of you?
Its like a father with two combative sons, you can coddle them, but they'll never develop.

We are a growing species, the present that you see is not all that there is to be seen.
>>
>>19071154
"A stone he can't lift" is a subjective concept, not an objective concept, and is therefore irrelevant you absolute fucking moron.
>>19071377
>It's difficult to comprehend the concept
Lolno it's really not.
>>
>>19071150
Naw, he's just your grandpa in the backyard.
>>
>God
>Omnipotent
Isn't that axiomatic?
If it isn't omnipotent, why would we call it god?
>>
>>19071434
>Lolno
I see you have mastered language and are familiar with all of its complexities. I see you are able to detach your own interpretations and see to the true meaning of things. owaitlol youre a foolhardy individual with no care about the truth, just imposing your "ideas" onto others even if they are not concrete.
>>
>>19071422
That's bullshit. He put brown people into countries where they will never hear the gospel and be saved. He obviously doesn't like shitskins
>>
>>19071444
It would be an axiom, but there are people who don't quite grasp the concept of omnipotence and say "well lol if he knew Lucifer would fall and the snake would tempt eve why did he let it happen?"
>>19071449
What does the present have to do with the end goal?
>>
>ITT: people talking about shit they don't understand
If you believe in a God, then how being a God works is absolutely beyond your comprehension. Why can't people just accept that we can only conceptualize it as far as our language lets us which is not very far? There is no point in arguing wether God is or isn't omnipotent. You either believe he exists or he doesn't, it's not something you can possibly understand because you're a fucking human, not a God.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>19071444
Well, that's the point. Why wouldn't we say all mighty or all powerful God when it's already known that God himself is already all mighty? I believe it's to further drive the point that God, as powerful as he already is, is unrivaled in power even further emphasized
>>
>>19071455
The irony of your language abuse is both absurd and amusing.
>>
File: Need+Prayer_1000.jpg (202KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Need+Prayer_1000.jpg
202KB, 1000x500px
>>19071449
>doesn't realize the point
you think this is about saving everyone? there are those never to taste a drop of his presence but still they acknowledge his exhistence
>>
>>19071466
You're a pretentious faggot.
>>
>>19071483
>lol dude like your language is what defines your reality lmfao fuck
>Like just dont even think about or even try to interpret the word of G-d cause like dude u cant
>Abraham and moses were just whack ass pretentious fools
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.