[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the real meaning of this sign? Why does every famous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6981.jpg (14KB, 431x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6981.jpg
14KB, 431x325px
What is the real meaning of this sign? Why does every famous person do it constantly?

Some say it means 666, or that it's Illuminati, and it's also the symbol for Om, according to hinduism.

So what is really going on here? How is it all connected?
>>
ok
>>
ok
>>
I don't know about your upbringing OP, but in mine it was very common. We used it to mean OK, good, and all clear all the time. Maybe it's passé for more recent generations.
>>
File: IMG_6982.jpg (114KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6982.jpg
114KB, 640x486px
>>19070802
I know it stans for "Ok", but why is it also considered sacred by religions and why do celebrities like saying Ok so much?
>>
>>19070811
Everything is ok, dude. You are only giving meaning to this yourself and it can have a different meaning from a different perspective.
>>
>>19070838
But I must admit that it is strange for the pope to pose as potrayed.
>>
ok
>>
File: ok.png (100KB, 215x369px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
100KB, 215x369px
>>19070758
>>
make sign
see how you feel
that is meaning
>>
It means whatever you want it to mean. Reality is just a fuckin meme.
>>
>>19070855
Bringing the word meme into existence was a mistake.

>>19070758
OP you're to tell me growing up you've never flipped the 'OK' sign upside down or right-side up & put them over your eyes as a mask??
>>
ok
>>
>>19070758
White power
>>
it means you are okay when underwater (thumbs up means you need to resurface).
>>
>>19070855
That's exactly wrong tho
>>
>>19070865
>Bringing the word meme into existence was a mistake.

Thanks, France.
>>
>>19070853
This. It's just a sign for O.K. or "everything's fine".
>>
>>19070758
It means "Ok," also used to indicate everything's fine while scuba diving.
>>
It means white power. It's a secret Nazi symbol used to indicate to other members that you're part of the group or you're secretly an ally working towards white supremacist goals
>>
>>19070758
it means okie dokie. don't let anyone fool you with other nonsense
>>
>>19070847
I do that all the time. Sometimes I even turn my hands upside down while making the eye goggles.
>>
>>19071317
That infograph would suggest that it is not a symbol of white power, but was an elaborate trolling by white supremacists.
>>
File: IMG_7014.jpg (47KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7014.jpg
47KB, 350x489px
This is very strange imo
>>
>>19071361
It was /b/ making american news look like retards yet again. It wasn't even white supremacists
>>
>>19070758
Fyi op, it's also done by touching the thumb to the pinkie finger ;)
Same meaning - ok
>>
ok
>>
I feel like you already know what it is OP and you are just data mining. Also the image of the celebrities isn't the same when it's over the eye than when someone is just speaking and gesturing. The eye thing is deliberate, the gesturing thing can be habit and environment.
>>
>>19070758
see how the three fingers make a W and the pointer and thumb make a P?

WP

WHITE POWER
>>
its both man
hinduism is chaos worship
>>
>>19071757
see
>>19071317

We've already gone over how that was /b/ trolling.
>>
Holy shit people are actually buying that White Power /b/ trolling LMAO! It's the eye of horus derp, it's related too the owl. Mystery religion and such.
>>
>all those spergs thinking it means white power
it just means ''ok'' you autistic idiots
>>
It means white power and if a celebrity is seen making this hand gesture they're a racist
>>
File: meon7onome.jpg (486KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
meon7onome.jpg
486KB, 2048x1536px
>>19070758
It refers to the 3 persons in the Garden of Eden and the fruit. Cain was the one that invented the symbol. When people asked him about the mark on his head, they instantly knew God punished him. When asked how he could be so foolish he gave them this signal, because he could not find the words. The claim Adam created it isn't found in the bible, although Noah told that story on a stormy night to his children to calm them down. That's why it is mistaken for an "okay"-sign.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.