[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conciousness: the adoration of idiots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: images.jpg (10KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 243x207px
Conscious entities are chaos with self-sufficient order, that's it. There is nothing good about it because the more things that exist unto themselves at various levels the longer the reconciliation of things takes. Any consciousness needs its own particular conditions to exist and thrive and proliferate. Its a zero sum game, if one form of consciousness has transmuted some matter and energy into its own sustaining force then it was necessarily stolen from some other consciousness either laterally or from a lower consciousness. Even if its stolen laterally, say from another human, the collective consciousness will be deprived and the debt will eventually need to be paid by the siphoning soul. This is the principle of entropy. Its why ordered states are broken up so easily and less equitably put back together. Because the state of order is only ordered to lower forms of consciousness. But a stubborn mess is no different than any other kind of mess. That goes for a human or the social body or a deity. So there is actually nothing to celebrate in having personal consciousness and this is easy to understand because of entropy.
>>
As a thought experiment, imagine the worst tortuous experience you can. Its not very hard to come up with something of that nature. Now I want you to think of a tangible positive experience that you would be willing to have in conjunction with the torment you just imagined. Not so easy, eh? But I would reckon you could think of any number of tortuous experiences and hardly anything positive that would make these worthwhile. Clearly suffering is much easier to come by but not only that, its significantly more relevant. Somehow we can sense that worst hell must worse than the best heaven. Is there even something we can imagine hot becoming disaffected with over the course of eternity? When we conceive of heaven we first think of having our debts paid off, no boredom, no malaise, no pain, no suffering. Its called equanimity for a reason. There is no positive beyond the amelioration of the spiritual debts we carry. You want oblivion but you are deluded into thinking otherwise.

tl:dr: don't breed
>>
>>19070425
Who hurt you anon?
>>
File: sffgg.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
sffgg.png
5KB, 205x246px
>>19070434
The demiurge
>>
>>19070425

>Now I want you to think of a tangible positive experience that you would be willing to have in conjunction with the torment you just imagined. Not so easy, eh?

But that's very easy. My answer is that I'd like to undergo the worst torture possible while keeping my composure and tranquility of mind despite it. If I was sure I could accomplish this I would agree to such torture in order to prove my greatness of spirit. I value the virtues of courage and forbearance, and am indifferent to any kind of physical pain. Armed with the correct use of appearances and the correct implementation of my rational faculties, mental pain is not possible.

Torture is an opportunity to show the power of the mind over forces unconnected to the will.
>>
>>19070542
Do you know what more readily doesn't react to suffering? A nonentity!
>>
By the way OP, the standard of value that you use to measure the worth of consciousness is itself a product of consciousness - more specifically, of reason. If consciousness is worthless, then so is the reasoning you used to arrive at that conclusion, and therefore what you have said is worthless.

Regards,

God
>>
>>19070566
You need to shape this place up a bit Demi
>>
>>19070555

What I described is a reaction in of itself - a positive and advantageous reaction, as opposed to the negative and disadvantageous reaction we are accustomed to give. It is, not a non-reaction.
>>
>>19070566
Got 'em!
>>
>>19070573

The world is perfectly just, you just don't want to see it.

Firstly, I am all powerful and all knowing. Nothing happens but that I will it. I know better than you, so who are you to tell me whether what happens in the world is good or bad? Being all knowing, my definition of good and bad is infallible, while yours is subjective and ill-thought. But hypothetically supposing I was not all knowing, I would still be all powerful, and being upset at anything that happens in the world, which you perceive as bad, would be a waste of time, pissing in the wind as you lot like to say.

Maybe I am not even real. Perhaps everything that happens is destiny, or mere chance. It makes no difference really. External circumstances are beyond your control, stop worrying about them. Worry about what is in your control - your thoughts, opinions and actions. You cannot control what happens in this world, but you are entirely free to choose how you react.
>>
>>19070611

Being now sensible of this, inspect the faculties you have, and after taking a view of them, say, " Bring on me now, O' God, what difficulty thou wilt, for I have faculties granted me by thee, and abilities by which I may acquire honour and ornament to myself." No; instead you sit trembling, for fear this or that should happen; and lamenting, and mourning, and groaning at what happens; and then you accuse me. For what is the consequence of such a meanspiritedness, but impiety? and yet I have not only granted you these faculties, by which you may bear every event without being depressed or broken by it; but, like a good prince, and a true father, have rendered them incapable of restraint, compulsion, or hindrance, and entirely dependent on your own pleasure: nor have I reserved a power, even to myself, of hindering or restraining them. Having these things free, and your own, will you make no use of them, nor consider what you have received, nor from whom? but sit groaning and lamenting, some of you, blind to him who gave them, and not acknowledging your benefactor; and others, basely turning yourselves to complaints and accusations against me? yet I undertake to show you that you have qualifications and occasions for greatness of soul, and a manly spirit; but what occasions you have to find fault, and complain, do you show me.
>>
File: Yahweh.jpg (94KB, 724x483px) Image search: [Google]
Yahweh.jpg
94KB, 724x483px
>>19070632
END THE SIMULATION REEEEE
>>
File: tmp_21655-2043465970700851.jpg (43KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21655-2043465970700851.jpg
43KB, 450x600px
>>19070611
Omg I love you.
>>
>>19070423
Love, the force that comes from within, and creates order out of chaos. It is what integrates the personality with the totality of reality. Its love that guides the plants to grow, for animals to create greater versions of themselves in future generations. It is what alloys your cells to sustain life from more basic chemical components. Its what drives people to better themselves, to put forth their best unto the world. To teach their children so that future generations will be smarter, more knowledgeable, more compassionate. Its the force holding our souls together. When the soul turns consciously towards the love that always was, it transcends the the physical and creates transcendent dimensions of awareness.
>>
>>19070646

What are you? Two things.

The first a collection of subjective preferences - the part of you that likes red over blue, vanilla over chocolate, girls over boys, tits over ass, one musician over another. An extensive list of these preferences, which are ultimately the product of a combination of random external circumstances, constitute your personality. This is different for everyone. The properties of this part are caprice and vice.

The second, a part shared by everyone, your objective preference for good over bad, and truth over falsehood. Now, everyone has a different idea of good and bad, but everyone prefers what they believe to be good over what they believe to be bad. This part is from me, and of me, and aided by the tool I have given you - by reason. The properties of this part are reason and virtue.

If, by the end your life, the second part has overpowered the first, 'you' will depart this 'simulation' and return unto me. If the contrary is the case, you will be recycled.

One night a servant of mine wept bitterly
And said: "This world, as far as I can see,
Is like a box, and we are locked inside,
Lost in the darkness of our sin and pride;
When death removes the lid we fly away -
If we have feathers - to eternal day,
But those who have no feathers must stay here,
Tormented in this box by pain and fear."

I say: Give wings to aspiration; love the mind;
And if at death you'd leave this box behind,
Grow wings and feathers for the soul; if not,
Burn all your hopes, for you will die and rot.
>>
File: Melllvar's_Mom.png (207KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Melllvar's_Mom.png
207KB, 768x576px
>>19070700
>claims to be omniscient
>gets my preferences exactly wrong

Nice work there Mellvar ;^)
>>
>>19070715

Firstly, the 'you' I referred to was the reader, whoever that may be, and not 'you' specifically (which is a delusion by the way). The preferences I listed were clearly hypothetical examples. Don't play semantic games, that's not what I gave you the use of words for.

The external appearance of those preferences are irrelevant. I instead identified their nature, which is subjective. Look not to the outward form of things, but penetrate to meaning's core. Judge not anything by external appearance, but instead by what it's function is, and how well it fulfills it's function. Ye shall know them by their fruits.
>>
>>19070700
>The first a collection of subjective preferences - the part of you that likes red over blue, vanilla over chocolate, girls over boys, tits over ass, one musician over another. An extensive list of these preferences, which are ultimately the product of a combination of random external circumstances, constitute your personality. This is different for everyone. The properties of this part are caprice and vice.

>The second, a part shared by everyone, your objective preference for good over bad, and truth over falsehood. Now, everyone has a different idea of good and bad, but everyone prefers what they believe to be good over what they believe to be bad. This part is from me, and of me, and aided by the tool I have given you - by reason. The properties of this part are reason and virtue.

But this is why I must leave you despite my love for your fair mindedness. Because in my most earnest attempt to align my self with objective reason to be closer to you, I realized that the parts which make up subjective preference are caprice, and virtue; change and satisfaction. Differentian and replication. That these are binary operators which comprise DNA and drive life to evolve in harmony with universal frequency. First the proto humans evolved one leg. Then replicated it into two legs. Then replicated it into four legs. Then differenitated thicker back legs simultanouesly with thinner front legs. 110, replication, replication, differentiation.

A God that cannot reconcile differentiation within their self is just a child in a world outside of their own making--not fit to venture outside without adult supervision. And what you call recycling I call growth. I'll go first, so that you can follow my example one day, if you choose to.
>>
As if I hadn't seen your trick a hundred million times before. 'Prove you are all knowing by telling me specific details about myself'. Translation: 'give me definitive proof of your existence'. Do you really believe you can win with low cunning what my most beloved friends have openly asked with true sincerity and never got?

No. The only certainty you'll have is that uncertainty is certain, just like everyone else.
>>
>>19070771

There's no reason in what you've written, none at all. At face value t's nonsense, but it is not without meaning. It's a poor attempt to appear to have understanding and wisdom.

You have a long way to go.
>>
File: patinkin.jpg (21KB, 462x313px) Image search: [Google]
patinkin.jpg
21KB, 462x313px
>>19070778
Actually I just assumed we were all LARPing here
>>
>>19070795
Yes, I intend to go much further. That was my choice as well, thank you!
>>
>>19070820

Yes. I'm merely a fellow human being and nothing more. God probably doesn't exist. But it might. And it might post here. And claim to be what it is. And then pretend to be one of you.

Thankfully, you have the faculty of reason to attempt to judge the truth of the matter. You can't know if reason is perfect, but you can know it's the best thing you've got.
>>
>>19070835

I'm glad of your thanks, but remember, you will be judged by your fruits, not your intentions. Nonetheless, your intentions are under consideration and can weigh in your favour. I am the most merciful after all.
>>
Be good.

God signing out
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.