[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Botony/ herbalism and the occult/ eastern medecine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

instead of the usual LARP threads has anyone ever wanted to read more of this stuff? why cant /x and sci work together

what about gardening/ become biologists and understanding the human body
>>
>>19067119
>has anyone ever wanted to read more of this stuff?

Read maybe, I guess I'll end up learning about some of it eventually. I want to try it even less than that though. Plant based occult stuff just seems plain messy. Also

>why cant /x/ and sci work together
Because contemporary botany and biology are only tangentially connected to the occult, a subject which makes /sci/ very pissy as I'm sure you know.
>>
I grow magic mushrooms they take me to magical realms
>>
File: acorns.jpg (88KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
acorns.jpg
88KB, 1200x900px
>A tannin (or tannoid) is an astringent, polyphenolic biomolecule that binds to and precipitates proteins and various other organic compounds including amino acids and alkaloids.
>>
This is an interesting subject, but requires a great deal of knowledge and expensive equipment to properly bring /sci/ into this.

science takes the /x/ out of things like potions and at best- science reaffirms what people already knew about a plant for thousands of years.

I heard of an interesting article once though that certain traditional medicines don't "work" outside of their respective regions. medicinal pastes have to be freshly ground, special soil properties that creates slightly different medicinal properties, etc.

This is pretty cool, because it literally means that some medicinal cures can only be made by local witch doctors/medicine men. kinda /x/, eh?
>>
Yo OP find a copy of "The Magic and Medicine of Plants" I own the book and it's one of the most valued books in my collection for its massive amount of knowledge and identification of traditional herbal plants. It starts by explaining why wtf your asking is straight forward as fuck when you read the history of herbalism.
>>
science herbalism is basically pharmacology / pharmaceuticals. Basically if science can't figure out the specific component of a plant that has an effect, isolate it and patent it, then they don't give a fuck about the plant and just move onto the next thing. You might know already but opium is a pretty big deal, because it's so easy too isolate / refine into patented drugs.
>>
Are we talking Ayurveda shit, or plants that you can grow in your garden that have scientifically-backed properties?
>>
Without a knowhow of chemistry and using equipment to distill and extract, or whatever, you're probably limited to poultices and teas. I could be wrong, but nowadays the mystery of certain things are faded due to science and pharmacology. You may as well just grow dope or mushrooms. Toxic plants to kill people your enemy.
>>
Anybody know anything about "flying ointments" and tropane alkaloids, specifically how to not die using it?
>>
>>19068004
Sure, don't fuck around with some mixture of a bunch of herbs. People who used that had likely developed tolerance too the separate ingredients before creating the end combination. Ignore belladonna and find some Datura / Jimsonweed instead. Use like an ointment because it's absorbed slower, you may or may not die.
>>
>>19068004
Ignore that guy, he's a killjoy. Just know the risk you take when using belladonna. It's not nearly as instatoxic as people commonly believe though. Start small. Very small. If going with extracts, no matter what strength, only apply/consume ONE drop and wait at least an hour to gauge the effects before deciding on using more. If using the plant, remember that the SEEDS have the highest concentrations and can mess you up badly. Disregard seeds, eat the berry flesh but again, one at a time per hour. Chemical distribution in plants is NOT even or uniform, as a rule for general safety.
>>
>>19068025
>>19068098
I don't plan on using it, but I was curious about what anyone actually knew about it. Thanks! Also,
>Jimsonweed
40 times more potent (read: toxic) than LSD, yeesh.
>>
>>19068004
l p
>>
File: voynich_manuscript.jpg (201KB, 720x347px) Image search: [Google]
voynich_manuscript.jpg
201KB, 720x347px
>>19067119
I'm still just waiting for this to get translated
>>
>>19068608
Get comfortable, cause it's never going to happen.
>>
>>19068608
Professionals have been attempting to figure this shit out for centuries anon, if they haven't come up with anything at this point chances are it's in a truly dead language and will never be translated.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.