[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas for Horror Movies/Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1479764085968.jpg (61KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1479764085968.jpg
61KB, 600x661px
Anyone have any good ideas for /x/ related movies or stories that they're willing to share?

I'll start. I'm not a believer in the Mandela effect, but it would be cool to have a horror movie where we follow our protagonist as things begin to change in reality and maybe the protag. is the only one who notices.

It would be especially interesting if multiple versions were released with subtle differences to add some meta-scares.
>>
File: 1477346380842.jpg (2MB, 3937x2952px) Image search: [Google]
1477346380842.jpg
2MB, 3937x2952px
idea for a vidya game Ive been kicking around called quiet lives
>set in the 1970s
>detective mystery
>3 playable charatcers, the detective, a teenage girl whos little brother was murdered and it torn her family apart, the former criminal that owns a night club and gets embroiled in the plot
>starts with a basic serial killer story that takes a few chapters, but after you solve it you find out the rabbit whole goes much deeper
>there are other serial killers, rapists, pedophiles and kidnappers all working together in a cult/organized crime syndicate with he help of prominent local figures, law enforcement and politicians
>think eyes wide shut meets true detective
>you dont know who to trust, and its a point and click game like heavy rain where you have choices that will effect the outcome of the story and could kill any of the characters
>also open world map that you can explore, an urban metropolis, a countryside, the suburbs
>all with side missions you can do, that will earn you points that act as currency so you can customize your character, their home, their car, their guns

Like I said, ive brought this up on /v/ and gotten decent feedback(for /v/) and its finally coming together
>>
>>19066557
>it's a qte game like heavy rain
>yet another boring point and click, dialogue heavy, minimal involvement slough
Didn't RE:7 do well? Why do people still want to emulate the dull late 2000's horror tropes?
>>
>>19066369
Not exactly the same but reminds me of a story I've been writing for awhile, planning on animating it in a couple years when i feel good enough to flesh out a finished and decent cartoon. Ill summarize. Very over the top but ive been trying to maintain an odd sense of eerieness while writing.
>useless shit wakes up one day noticing the sun is gone
>ends up finding more things in his life disappearing that were no doubt there before
>weeks go by and his niece has a different shade of hair, and she's his daughter now, and his brothers wife is his
>he ends up losing his mind due to this, like lovecraft crazy
>ends up running away mindlessly into traffic but woke up to the original morning again it feels, but the date is the next day.

It keeps going from there and gets a bit more focused after this. He starts seeing things every time he closes his eyes like they've been etched, elder gods ensue, but im trying hard to not be too cliche with that part. I like lovecraft too much and find the idea of older than life beings tormenting modern day pieces of shit, instead of older pieces of shit, really fun and there are a lot of ways to do it.
>>
>>19066369
>Hear a noise upstairs
>go check it out and it ends up being your cat knocking china over
>go back to masturbation
>>
It's funny, I'm at a point in life that when I have nightmares or bad dreams I enjoy them for their horror value.
Today I had a fucking terrifying nightmare and I woke up not scared but amazed and desperate to remember it all so I could make a game or something. Needless to say, I forgot most of the dream.
I remember a similar feel to that Adult Swim short "This House Has People In It" and having something to do with lit candles affecting people.
And worst, I feel like I dreamed this before, and I absolutely love this kind of horror.
Think a game like P.T. mixed with the video above
>hidden clues everywhere, in order to fully comprehend the story you need to play it many times, play sounds in reverse, look where nobody has ever looked before
>you don't understand the enemy, you don't know if there even is an enemy, or if it's all madness, a disease or things the human mind may never be able to grasp
>the "happening" of the story (for example in the cited video: people going through floors) is an unusual behaviour, unexpected and uncanny. You won't know what's about to happen, and when you do, you won't know what's causing it or how is it possible
I believe true horror lies in the uncanny. Forms and behaviours we cannot process naturally. Having something be where it shouldn't, doing what it can't do. When just looking at it makes you second guess yourself, like the "I Feel Fantastic" video, for instance. The android, the music, the voice, the implication that there's something hidden in that backyard, it takes your mind to places. I'll still make such game when I get the right idea.
>>
>>19066369
I've had an idea for a series of detective novels that would attempt to be horrifying at the same time.
Basically, this detective is the only one that can handle supernatural cases, and I'm thinking that a majority of the cases the novels would center around would be Lovecraftian horrors or something, with lighter cases being touched upon every so often. Basically something malicious each time though.
Anyway, the detective is scared shitless of these things, but the cases make good money since he's the only one who can solve them. So to make things bearable to him he's got to crack wise and keep his sanity. I'm thinking really dry humor. I've actually got a very small bit of dialogue regarding that.
>“The only way to defend yourself is to laugh in their face. They never expect you to laugh, these monsters. They expect you to scream and piss yourself. But if you laugh, and I mean really laugh in their faces, they hesitate, they’re suddenly more interested in you as a fun game rather than a tasty snack, and that hesitation is what gives you just enough time to come up with something, anything, you can do to get out of that situation alive.”
I've got other things to write and try to get published, but this is something I think I could come back to.
>>
>>19066369
A good skinwalker horror movie may be good if executed properly. The signs would be subtle throughout the movie till the second act when it starts to get obvious. One by one the group is picked off by the skinwalker, and your protag starts losing his trust among his friends. There are plenty of good skinwalker copypastas out there to take from. It would be like the The Thing and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, only set in the woods and it wouldn't be as clear who is a fake until they start getting desperate (aka the climax of the movie). It would require grade-A acting in order to act like a something imitating a human (weird speech patterns, repeating phrases over and over in the same tone, etc.). And no cg skinwalker monster either, or jumpscare shits, or blatant spoilers in the trailer.

Maybe a movie about an evil doppleganger doing things in your name or trying to replace your life? That would be scary.
>>
>>19066369

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnXj-tZUvdA

I know the Saw films are seen as shitty horror, but I always found this scene profoundly disturbing. How they're all spinning on the carousel, and they have to argue and beg for why they should be allowed to live. I think what's really scary is how they know their possible death is coming very soon, and how they have to plead and come up with lies to convince him. This scene has stuck with me.
>>
>>19066557
Totally into the idea anon, I'd buy this game. Plz release on steam
>>
>>19066623
yeah, lets have another cowa dooty FPS !
>>
File: IMG_2420.jpg (309KB, 1178x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2420.jpg
309KB, 1178x1600px
>>19066885
>>
Don't let this thread die
>>
A slasher movie about a superhero that turns into a killer.
>>
>>19066557
Throw some big titty anime bitches in and I'll throw some sheckels at you
>>
>>19066557
How about a game about getting a gf and failing at it.
>>
>>19070691
this pls
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.