[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever have weird moments that were almost like visions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0627.jpg (3MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0627.jpg
3MB, 1536x2048px
Anyone ever have weird moments that were almost like visions but weren't clear?

I remember lying in bed one night, and I don't remember how I got there mentally, but I suddenly started to see and hear this strange rush of sounds and images, except I couldn't make anything out. Most of the pictures were flashing too fast and the sounds just were a cacophony of voices/noises; both were full of "static", like white noise and TV "snow".

I know that obviously doesn't amount to much, but it felt like at the time that I could have been able to keep going and see/hear something more clearly, that I was getting towards some kind of "visionary experience". It literally only lasted a few seconds, if I remember rightly; I don't really remember much before or after it, apart from being fully conscious of being there in my bed. I wasn't drunk or on anything, (though knowing me sleep deprivation may or may not have been involved).

Thus what I was looking to ask /X/ was if anyone else has had any such sudden moments of (almost-)vision, or felt something like that become something more?
>>
When I'm not taking my ADHD meds my thoughts can sound like a radio passing through frequencies. Drives me bonkers.
>>
You can read minds, but you don't know how to control it.

They drug you so you're more easily controlled.
>>
>>19066265

I don't think I have any attention disorder? Though god knows I'm easily distracted and could do with the addy for work.

>>19066269
I've never shown any symptoms diagnosable as psychotic or scitzoid, so I don't think there's much chance of anyone trying to "more easily control me". MH-wise I'm just a common-or-garden depressive, probably obsessional neurotic psychoanalytic structure.
>>
>>19066269
See, I would love to stop taking them.. but I end up falling apart. Losing things, forgetting important details, missing appointments, my work performance plummets, and I become very lethargic.
>>
>>19066306

ADHD meds make it so you can't do it.

Unless you also have awareness and control of your metabolism and heart rate (which you clearly don't)
>>
>>19066333

How long do you plan on taking them, do you think your CNS can handle amphetamines indefinitely?
>>
>>19066306
OP here again, sorry if my replies came out sounding dismissive.

Whatever it was, I doubt it was anything of the reading minds variety; it seemed like something more, I don't know, "general", I guess. The voices among all the sounds and noises were all in different languages, but it wasn't just voices. Some of the flashes were about war, some of the seemed like they were from cartoons; it was all pretty random. It felt like it could have been honed to something, not a premonition, but more like an "insight" kind of vision, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>19066339
I've considered that myself. I know people who've been taking them for upwards of 20 years... You know, I bet the longer I take them, the more fucked I'll be without em... fml.
>>
>>19066265
Meds and lackthereof aside, was there anything of interest there, apart from it being annoying?
>>
>>19066388
I suppose. I struggled with what my doctor called "ideas of reference". Basically I knew when people were talking thinking about me, or I thought I did. Pretty sure I did. If a stranger on the street were to judge my outfit in passing, I'd get that itch. Doc said it was just a delusion stemming from anxiety. I learned how to stop that way of thinking on my own pretty quickly though. Early teens.
>>
>>19066351
OP what is your date of birth mm/dd/yy
>>
>>19066415
6 of Oct 1994
>>
>>19066407
Can't say I've ever felt that kind of thing myself.
>>
>>19066407

If you really want to know, look into GATE.

But it will probably mindfuck you much, much harder.
>>
>>19066440
>>19066440
I've certainly read into it. Never heard of any programs like that in Canada. We had the class for kids with mental handicaps, and a class for the smart kids but it wasn't all secret and shit.
>>
>>19066257
>I remember lying in bed one night, and I don't remember how I got there mentally, but I suddenly started to see and hear this strange rush of sounds and images, except I couldn't make anything out. Most of the pictures were flashing too fast and the sounds just were a cacophony of voices/noises; both were full of "static", like white noise and TV "snow".

100% hypnagogia. Don't sweat it bro.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.