[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without Jesus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: empty-cross.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
empty-cross.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
You can arrive to a lot of the very important tidbits of Buddhism literally just by meditating, even having never heard of any Gautama or Buddha. Same with Vedic religions, Taoism and even some branches of Judaism.

Is there anything like that for Christianity? What's left if you remove the silly miracles and prophets fulfilling prophecies? If Jesus never existed, what's the important info that remains?
>>
File: ptjkcgkl.jpg (12KB, 302x361px) Image search: [Google]
ptjkcgkl.jpg
12KB, 302x361px
>>19065175
Judaism.
>>
>>19065182
fucking autistic nsa faggot fuck off
>>
>>19065182
I'm not asking "What's the bible minus the Jesus sections?"
I'm asking what's the philosophy behind the Jesus sections, and if there's any relevance without the supposed miraculous events or any of the historical people.
>>
File: buddha017.jpg (75KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
buddha017.jpg
75KB, 250x335px
>>19065175
>You can arrive to a lot of the very important tidbits of Buddhism literally just by meditating, even having never heard of any Gautama or Buddha.
That's sort of the point of it, though, isn't it? The teachings, rather than the man.

Christianity has that on some level if you focus on what he says, but once you get into the "Oh, he wasn't executed for heresy, he was SACRIFICED to SAVE US ALL" it gets really weird and culty.

The point isn't to rely upon someone else to save you. It's to save yourself.
>>
>>19065175
I mean, you would need to know WHICH meditations to do, how to do them, etc. etc. etc. It's not like you can just sit quietly for hours and understand Buddhism.
>>
>>19065237
You can, it just takes much longer. With much more hardwork.

God's Word is engraved on your heart.
Did you not hear me? I said ye are Gods.
>Translated: All you need to know is within
>>
>>19065237
>It's not like you can just sit quietly for hours and understand Buddhism.
That's literally what happens though. Not to the more specific and mythological parts of it, but if you sit there and look inwardly for hours and hours you'll arrive to a lot of the main concepts.
>>
>>19065233
>Christianity has that on some level if you focus on what he says
He says that these 70 chimp years will either fuck you up or reward you for all of eternity if you live them arbitrarily wrong or right,
Sounds dumb.
>>
>>19065175
just christian mysticism. Also have you read th Jefferson bible?
>>
>>19065175
Jesus was a celestial being that was crucified and resurrected according to the scriptures, it's just that it was in the lower Heavens. He was crucified by Satan and his demons and he appeared to Cephas, Paul and some other Christians in revelations.
>>
>>19065297
Want to quote where Jesus said thag, cuck?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.