[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mystic Jediism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

File: starwars.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
Come one, come all, and hear the call of the Force.
Herein lies the greatest wisdom of men, the key to all occult mysteries, the source of all wisdom, the progenitor of form. It is formless, timeless, ageless, without qualities, without distinction. The Hindu calls the Force by the name "Brahman", symbolized through their OM. Taoists understand the will of the Force as the Tao, living by the will of the Force being "wu wei". And still others -- the Gnostics, the Platonists, the Kabbalists, the Hermeticists -- recognize the truth of the Force in their own way, using their own names and titles.
The Force surrounds us; penetrates us; it is by and from the Force that all which is exists. You, the observer, know yourself to be awareness alone. You are not your body, nor your senses, or the objects of these things. You are not composed of the elements. You have no association with this phenomenal world of false images. Knowing yourself as awareness alone, be happy and free. This is liberation.
>>
You're such a fag.
>>
>>19064702
Thank you
>>
The Jedi of fiction present us with a code by which we may live our lives and come to understand the nature of the Force. It is a simple code, and adherence to it will bring you to live a happy life. What is this code?
>There is no emotion, there is peace.
Free from the bonds of emotional constraints and unattached, your mind is clear. You may focus with the greatest intent possible; your will no longer bound by the constraints of emotion. Blessed is he who overcomes the attachment to emotion, the first roadblock between you and enlightenment. So true is this that it impacts the practical reality of the illusory world of phenomenon; for if all were to advance without emotion, clarity and peace would come to them, and violence would end. Truly he who has overcome this burden is a saint.
>There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
Many are satisfied with half-truths. Even scientific knowledge is not much more than statistical probability; there is no practical way for absolute certainty to come about. The senses themselves are subject to delusion. But one who recognizes this ignorance and complacency always feels the drive to overcome it. When knowledge -- enlightenment -- comes, it is in a place free from the bonds of ignorance and worldly "knowledge"; the true knowledge is understanding the Force.
>>
>>
>>19064720
>There is no passion, there is serenity.
Passion is the driving force behind action and emotion, but it is not itself an emotional state. In acts of practicality, passion is a necessity (otherwise nothing would get done). But the wisdom of the Force, nondual realization, comes about in a place free from passion. No longer attached to this world, you are free from passion; no longer attached to this world, you come to understand the Force.
>There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no such thing as luck. There are no mistakes. Free will itself is a creation of the egoic mind. Instead, know this: all things are as they necessarily must be. All events are preceded by causes, which themself are caused by preceding events. This causal chain or "butterfly effect" is the essential nature of the phenomenal world. With the knowledge that all which is exists as it must be, the burdens of this world will be lifted from your shoulders.
>There is no death, there is the Force.
And the final line of the code tells us the most essential truth, which all other lines serve as a guide to. Death is merely the end of a functioning body. Free from attachment, dispassionate, and wise -- one no longer clings to the body. Know yourself to be none of the objects of the senses nor the senses themselves, but awareness alone. With this being true, death has no meaning; the one who is aware is the Force, there is no distinction between the two. Free from these bonds of dualistic understanding, you are immortal.
>>
Yeah, but can I use force lightning?
>>
>>19064738

While the nature of phenomenal reality is found within causal determinism, the truth of the Force is beyond such things. This is the life after death which waits for all who have overcome the concept of self and are indistinct from the Force. This place of being alone is without distinction; no physical bodies inhabit it and there is no space in which it exists. Therefore, it is free from the relationship between objects and thereby escapes the concept of time or change.
Meditate on this: I am awareness alone. I am the Force. Unblemished, indivisible, without qualities. Through this meditation you will reach your satori, your enlightenment; you will realize the triviality of this world of phenomenon and seek no longer to be attached to it or part of it. With bliss, your senses will disappear. Even the physical sensations of the body fade away into nothingness. You come to be one with the Force, as you always were; the practice of meditation only serves the purpose of strengthening your awareness of this one truth, the highest wisdom of all.

Yogis, gurus, and monks may sit in meditation for decades and never reach this understanding. They are preoccupied with raising chakras, chanting mantras, forming mudras. They revere the texts of the sutras and gitas as if the authors had perfect understanding, yet never themselves move from theory to experience. Many so-called "occultists" fall into this trap, so attached to the illusory world that they attempt to change it through ritual; others will use meditation as nothing more than a tool to clear the mind, or preparation for an astral projection, or as a means to solve problems. Meditating in these ways will not bring a person to realization, and many years can be wasted in personal practice of these systems. Free from preference, free from distinction, the mind is enlightened; if the focus is on anything other than liberation and liberation alone, a person will not truly experience and understand the Force.
>>
how much do you weigh
>>
>>19064753

Yes, you very well could. I myself can attest to its effectiveness. Of course it's not as flashy as in the movies, but I've been attacked before and my force lightning technique has served as enough of a distraction to escape a violent situation. The effects aren't usually visual; you can bring about a harsh static shock by touch easily through practice, and with more effort you can do it at a distance. It usually doesn't last long, good for a hit and mostly a distraction. With that being said, I don't see a lot of value in practicing it and others probably have had more success than I have. It is, like most occult practices, a roadblock created by the egoic mind which holds one back from liberation.
>>
>>19064777

145lbs. I lift 160lbs.

If anyone has hit a roadblock on their path to enlightenment, or if anyone has recently become enlightened (nondual realization) and is seeking guidance, post any questions you may have here.
>>
>>19064784
Give us a video to show that you can really do it. Timestamp, obviously.
>>
>>19064825

Like I said, it's not really visual. I'm not sure what you expect to see. And even if I did post a video where I pointed at someone and they jumped as if they had just been hit by an electric shock, the folks on /x/ would just say it was fake or that whoever I did it to was acting.
>>
>>19064702
This is such an interesting outcome. We really are running the world, aren't we? Kek.
>>
who /sith/ here? fuck the jedis
>>
>>19064838

I have met more than a few followers of Sithism in my time. In my experience, very few of them are enlightened. Most of them buy into a self-sufficiency, self-actualization process which is good if your primary concern is success in the phenomenal world but offers nothing in terms of understanding the true nature of reality (the Force). I don't actively discourage Sithism; it is as good as any left hand path practice.
>>
>>19064830
Voltimeters are also visual. Wear a speedo, stand on a rubber mat, and use the meter to show that you are producing an electrical charge.
>>
>>19064878

I have no guarantee that it is, indeed, an electrical charge. It may simply copy the symptoms of electrical charge, or have similar qualities. Qigong masters have been known to do similar things and say "It's not electricity. It's qi."
>>
File: 1495287845194.jpg (66KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
1495287845194.jpg
66KB, 750x999px
>>19064919
This makes me unreasonably grumpy.
>>
And I'm the mad one because I'm Lainist...
Dude, you have read KibBitzLaw, right?
>>
>>19064702
the actual liberation is becoming one with the all
>>
>>19064948

I am one with the Force, and it is with me. I have no fear, for all is as the Force wills it.

>>19064940

No, google only results in a twitter account. Is that what you mean?
>>
File: star-wars-yoda1.jpg (55KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-yoda1.jpg
55KB, 620x375px
Oh hello. Are the captchas working again?

How did you celebrate the 25th? I celebrated pretty predictably (RO+ANH), but I've been working on a personal project involving clips from the movies, so I did a bit of editing that...

Honestly, I don't think I take my "Jedi Faith" all too seriously. I don't think it'd be healthy to do so. Many try to get around it by distancing themselves from Star Wars (in spite of using the terminology), but I kind of like the tongue-in-cheek use of the films as a sort of "canon."

I think what ultimately led me to settle on Jedi was, ultimately, how ridiculous religion is as a feature in human thought. And yet, it comes naturally to us. So I figured I may as well go with something vague and familiar enough to apply to anyone I talk to, as well as something comfortable and enjoyable for me.

Granted, I'm not so good at physical fitness, but there's always time to fix that, and at least I'm not Porkins-levels of out of shape.

>>19064919
Doesn't "qi" basically just mean "breath"?
>>
>>19065194

I celebrated by watching the unaltered original trilogy. Pretty glad that I got the VHS tapes when I was young and kept them in good condition!

I think the fiction can be just as good as any other religious book. The movies teach good values and encourage spirituality. As long as it's taken as a story for the purpose of teaching a lesson, rather than actual history, the movies (and all forms of media, really) are great. Though, admittedly, I'm not walking around wearing robes with a plastic lightsaber on my belt.

As for qi, both qi and prana refer to a kind of "breath" but it's more of a reference to something like "vital life force". Yoga also has to do with breath. Likely the names come from the fact that breath control is associated with both energy cultivation systems (like qigong) and more traditional meditation systems (like zazen). The breath is ultimately symbolic, since the breathing process is representative of giving and receiving energy from the world both within and without.

For physical fitness -- honestly, I think putting aside an hour or two weekly to practice martial arts or acrobatics is the most practical choice. I do lift, but I think I've seen more benefit from doing various martial arts.
>>
>>19064725
He's right you know. Fuck that hippy bullshit.
>>
>>19065014
tips for connecting to it? so if i will it then the force wills it?
>>
John Chang is the only real life "Jedi"
Nei Kung is the 5000 year old art of internal and external energy manipulation and works through discipline of meditating every day properly until you've reached a higher body chi level. most Nei Kung practicioners tend to meditate in the optimal lotus position if they're flexible but regular cross legged meditation will work. the important part is having a clear mind and meditating for an hour every day. also Nei Kung practitioners tend to use the Dan Tien chakra (not the solar plexus chakra or the navel chakra; it's two fingers below it) as storage for The Force/chi/prana, however any chakra will do or you could have your body overflow with it. the only reason to avoid the Dan Tien chakra is because it's supposedly affected by sexual energy and this can cause interference. if you're too stressed out to calm down enough to meditate try energy grounding gemstones like labradorite if that's your thing. whatever you do just remove stress from your body as that's interference. maintain this discipline and you will start to notice small things in a few months and experience odd circumstances in a few years. always make time for it and if you can practice trying things like TK or anything Jedi-like or psychic really. if you want to see John Chang he was in some old movie called Ring of Fire that showcased his power and also there was a more recent documentary that investigated and scientifically measured his power. in the 1970s tv show Kung Fu there was one episode where some master martial artists had the power to turn objects into dust using this power and could even cause things to catch fire. another claim is that John Chang himself could use the power to shoot lightning from his palm to split a boulder in half, or turn a broom into dust, or move things with his mind. there's also a video somewhere where he rolls up a newspaper and projects energy from his palm into it causing it to catch fire.
>>
there is another claim that George Lucas may have been inspired from stories about Nei Kung when he came up with the idea of the Jedi. nonetheless we have come to see the Jedi as part of our influence and culture and we could very well take its philosophy - even the dark side - and apply it to our training
>>
Long time not seeing you my jedi friends.

How it's the battle for proper religion recognition going?
>>
>>19065907
>>19066977
right here
>>
So this is taking an admittedly fake cult with obviously impossible powers that are used to verify a demonstrably untrue idea about reality. This is taking something that was made with the prime motive being to make money and thinking it should be the focus of your life. I cannot think of anything more pathetic.

You'd do better building a religion around Nike's Just Do It slogan. At least Nike can point to real people as inspiration.

>>19064919
>Qigong masters have been known to do similar things and say "It's not electricity. It's qi."
Every single one willing to be put under scrutiny has been shown to be a liar and a fraud. Every single one.

You sure these are the people you want to equate with?

>>19065327
It's as if people went, "I want to join Scientology, but I feel they're too authentic, and just aren't focused enough on wanting my money."
>>
>>19066911
>John Chang himself could use the power to shoot lightning from his palm to split a boulder in half, or turn a broom into dust, or move things with his mind.

>You sure these are the people you want to equate with?

>there's also a video somewhere where he rolls up a newspaper and projects energy from his palm into it causing it to catch fire.
This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rhGctGl2Q
>>
>>19067084
Your first paragraph describes literally every religion.
>>
>>19067432
Name one religion that blatanty states their stories and characters are fictional, having no basis in history. That is what these neckbeards have said in this thread. That is what the Jedi faith officially claim.

The only religion that has money-making as a founding intent is Scientology, and even that must be inferred through statements from the founder, not from any official claim. Star Wars and the Jedi lore are explicitly a commercial enterprise: they are meant to make money.

Show me another religion that does this. When you fail, go ahead and avoid admitting you were wrong. Perhaps try to find some way to move the goalposts to make it seem like you have some intelligence.
>>
File: han-solo-47218.jpg (18KB, 782x820px) Image search: [Google]
han-solo-47218.jpg
18KB, 782x820px
>>19067084
>It's as if people went, "I want to join Scientology, but I feel they're too authentic, and just aren't focused enough on wanting my money."
Dianetics is absurd anti-psychiatric bollocks, and the Co$ isn't nearly as upfront about being science fiction.

>>19067486
Another difference is, George Lucas didn't intend to create a religion. He just wanted to relate it back to every other religion already existing, for the purposes of his story. So the relation between the two is still ridiculous.
>>
>>19066964
Almost as memely as the Wiccans, last I checked.
>>
File: 1494909294144.png (479KB, 714x716px) Image search: [Google]
1494909294144.png
479KB, 714x716px
I am me as body. What is not me as body is not me.

If I am experiencing force then this is because humans could position humans, creatures, and things so a human surely lives...and a human did force positioning of a human, creature, and thing.

Humans accessed eternal life technology thousands of years earlier than now. I am living on a planet where humans have made positioninga which are resulting as the very predictable deaths of many, and though some humans are, "sacred blue whales".
>>
Holy fucking shit, all these fucking nerds
>>
>>19065734
Yup
>>
>>19068830
>I am me as body. What is not me as body is not me.
"Luminous beings are we! Not this crude matter!"
>>19070291
Says the guy posting on an anime site.
>>
>>19068830
OH SHIT WADDUP
>>
File: F A G G O T.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
F A G G O T.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>19070295
>Says the guy posting on an anime site.
>>
>>19068700
>Dianetics is absurd anti-psychiatric bollocks
And Jediism is basing your views on life off a PG kid's movie that shows you can talk to ghosts.

As I said, Co$ are more authentic.

>George Lucas didn't intend to create a religion.
Yeah, he wanted to make money. And he did. And you turned his money-making idea INTO A RELIGION.

So again, Co$ isn't as up-front about wanting your money.

>>19068760
Wiccans at least might have women. Fat, ugly women, but they have vaginas.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.1176715584_8qh8.jpg (306KB, 1500x1190px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1176715584_8qh8.jpg
306KB, 1500x1190px
>>19064715
>>19064725

Do not forget the third path.
>>
>>19070392
star wars it's kind of popular now, if you stoped hating on the newer movies you could bank on that.

And of course wiccans have vaginas what they don't have it's mens.
>>
>>19070408
>star wars it's kind of popular now, if you stoped hating on the newer movies you could bank on that.
Nonsensical gibberish. The movies are great. Never said a bad word about them. I'm ridiculing manchildren so far far away in their psychosis that they are trying to "religiously adhere" to their openly declared children's stories.

Christians at least can say their stories are supposed to be factual/truthful to some degree. Trekkies will learn a silly language, but you don't hear anyone trying to pray to Q.

Jediism has no excuse to fall back on.
>>
>>19070336
hawt
>>
File: grey lantern creed.png (52KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
grey lantern creed.png
52KB, 1600x1200px
>>19070295
>"Luminous beings are we! Not this crude matter!"

See this is the pathetic nature I'm pointing out. If Jediism were just people going, "Hey, I like these ethics - Imma try em out," that'd be one thing. But that's not what's going on here. What I quoted was a dogmatic correction to someone else. That anon truly believes this line from a movie said by a puppet and written by a person I bet they wouldn't be able to name without looking it up on IMDB. They think this has significance NOT because it's true, NOT because it "feels right," but because YODA SAID IT.

Secondly, it doesn't even make sense. Luminosity is a property of matter. Something that is luminous is matter that is emitting energy. To say we are luminous beings is to declare that we ARE made of this crude matter.

>>19070402
Ugh. At least join a Grey Group that can rhyme.

In all seriousness, the Lantern Corps have a much better philosophy than Jediism. Overcoming fear through will, being strengthened by hope and compassion. And the Lanterns never say you can't have sex.
>>
File: frowny yoda.jpg (44KB, 468x381px) Image search: [Google]
frowny yoda.jpg
44KB, 468x381px
>>19070478
>Luminosity is a property of matter. Something that is luminous is matter that is emitting energy. To say we are luminous beings is to declare that we ARE made of this crude matter.
You think far too materially.
>>
>>19070780
Oh no! Jedi Mind Trick! Now I'll NEVER think less materially! Oh why have you cursed me in this way!?!
>>
File: I0V.jpg (37KB, 398x599px) Image search: [Google]
I0V.jpg
37KB, 398x599px
>>19070478

Observe the observer.

I would like you to sit and seriously ponder the following queries, keeping the answers to yourself rather than reacting:

Why are you projecting assumptions as an attempt to de-humanize someone? Do you believe this will change their views to align with what you view as correct/acceptable based off your own reality tunnel? What is the "real" purpose of your actions and words?
>>
>>19070988
>Why are you projecting
Begging the question. I have done no such thing.

>an attempt to de-humanize
Oh you're very human, and very stupid. That's a human trait - being ridiculously stupid about things. Mockery is usually the best cure.

>Do you believe this will change their views
The smart ones, yes. Like the emperor in new clothes, it takes being ridiculed to realize you are being ridiculous.

>what you view as correct
You have no clue what I view as correct, Mr. Projector.

>What is the "real" purpose of your actions and words?
Observe the observer. What is your "real" motive in assuming what I have presented is duplicitous? Why must those that find you silly and ignorant be trying to remove your humanity, rather than point out where your humanity has led you astray? Do you honestly believe your views have any need, or gain any more validity because you attach them to a corporate brand?
>>
>>19070780
We exude energy all the time; light, heat, brain waves, electrical signals, chemical signals, etc.
>>
>>19070417
They have a very neat, fairly modern take on spirituality, that's obviously based in older religions just like any other thing Lucas blatantly "took inspiration from", as a religion it's not the weirdest, more out there or unbelievable.

It's actually kind of neat and the robes hide the bellies.
>>
>>19071026
>Observe the observer.

wow, so deep. I bet your philosophy 101 professor quakes every time you come to class.
>>
>>19071062
>Do you honestly believe your views have any need, or gain any more validity because you attach them to a corporate brand?

>>19071069
see
>>19070988
>>
>>19071089
yeah, kys fake-deepfag

maybe go "observe" some gun barrels
>>
>>19071109
I'd come back as a Force Ghost to mock you and the other "Jedi."
>>
>>19064805
>lift 160
Squat, press, bench press, dls or cleans?
>>
>>19070988
Checked.
Also i wholeheartedly approve this image as one who has had the pleasure of caring for multiple cats.
>>
before the universe there was nothing, absolute nothing less than is incomprehensible from a world of matter. For an eternity absolute void existed, until eventually an inevitable anomaly happened and out of nowhere the void became aware of itself. After an eternity longer this anomaly in the void gained enough self awareness to fully understand itself, and this coupled with enough curiosity, led to the eventuality we now call the universe. lets call this self aware anomaly the intelligent force behind creation.
following this understanding all forces must be as a result of this first intelligent force. one could call it The forceā„¢ or one could call it God though labels are meaningless. there exists unknown, unseen, and yet unproven force that connects all things, even the fabric of space. on the scientific path they currently refer to it as the boson field, well morose the closest thing to it.
consciousness is the evolution of these product forces, moving towards the same realizations as their source, as within them is part of their source.
>>
>>19072129
Furthermore onto humans now, within us are 3 energies, they go by many different names in many different cultures, and i can provide a link on it if anyone wants to know more. but i go by the Chinese and they are as follows
>jing: this is your life energy, in its most crude physical form it is semen. it is also what shapes your genetic code, or is shaped by it, both can and do happen. This could also be seen as the soul.
>chi: this is your motive force, the energy within that allows you move and choose your momentum. enough of this energy can produce measurable phenomena outside of the body.(chi does not refer to breath but gas, which is the closest way to explain its feeling outside of the body, and also with enough chi phenomena similar to heatwaves can been seen emitting from a person.
>finally Shin: this is what everyone around calls kinulinni or how ever it is spelt. i don't know a great deal about this, but one could see it as the light within.
these energies, or forces i suppose are but aspects of you. what you are is the combination of these forces, weather you feel and understand it or not. this is the force.
Anyone can achieve anything, its just weather they have the force within to achieve the outcome. this comes down to thermodynamics, which we know means you can not exert more energy that you have. but being biological beings we have a limitless capacity to increase our effective biomass but are limited by our timed lives, or morose our inability to process a certain protein needed for the replication of DNA.
regardless you can can manipulate your energy, or motive force to have effects outside of your body. start simple and and learn to control your wake in atmosphere, that is the breeze you feel from moving, see if you can get yourself to create almost no wake. when you can perceive subtle forces you many be able to feel the forces within
>>
>>19064715
>>19064725
Funny how the Sith image contains the Chaos symbol. Knowing Star Wars took many years to grow and perfect, this can not be a coincidence, while Chaos itself is.
Ever noticed how LHP oriented stories are top notch, while religious movies really suck?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1493007000131.jpg (12KB, 464x253px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493007000131.jpg
12KB, 464x253px
>>19064702
>>
>>19070895
>non sequitur
The fuck?
>>
>>19072146
>>finally Shin: this is what everyone around calls kinulinni or how ever it is spelt. i don't know a great deal about this, but one could see it as the light within.
>i don't know a great deal about this

And this is just one of the problems with shit like this. You don't know enough about a topic, yet you'll blithely equate it with other things. Here's an idea: just talk about what you know, stop trying to conform every other system into yours.

Chi is not prana is not electricity is not kundalini is not jing is not the force.
>>
>>19072801
>Chi is not prana is not electricity is not kundalini is not jing is not the force.
you just made leaps and bounds to create connections that i did not put in there.
just because i know little of the function of certain energies does not mean i am oblivious to them.
i have posted proof of my ability to use my energy here on multiple occasions.
chi and prana are the same thing, they are not electricity you are correct, but they will produce it as a byproduct much like heat. as electricity is the flow of electrons, chi or prana is the force behind this flow. i've studied biology, electrical engineering and physics, have have a far better understanding of the forces that make up our universe than most and can prove it
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.