[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to invent a new religion form scratch *totally*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: vlcsnap-2017-04-09-21h53m41s473.png (268KB, 672x506px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-09-21h53m41s473.png
268KB, 672x506px
Is it possible to invent a new religion form scratch *totally* or are they all inspired to a degree?
>>
See scientology
>>
All of them?
>>
File: 1495408821693-x.jpg (303KB, 1312x863px) Image search: [Google]
1495408821693-x.jpg
303KB, 1312x863px
>>
Today at least not possible since it would have influences from other religions
>>
>>19059966

>European religions and Indian religions not part of the same indo-iranian-european branch
>No link at all from vedic polytheism back to these
>"""nostratic pantheism"""

graph is shjit
>>
>>19059986
Bottom of graph.
In the Brown bar.
Read it.
>>
>>19059955
yes. the face of god was in the back ground radiation left over from the big bang. nasa gabled it and turned it into a broken plate blob for of shit but it was revealed they lied

nasa didnt want people jumping to conclusions. nasa also lie about other things like oxygen levels. they reject all measurements by all scientific groups globally and pretend the drop in oxygen over the past 2 decades was 100% in the upper atmosphere even though all measurements are done at about sea level. give or take 20 meters

they lied about acid rain. its not acid rain its the tree line receding. they threw people in jail for 2 decades for talking about it then claimed acid rain was a thing but didnt have any actual proof because ph levels of soil on mountain sides hadnt changed

the earths magnetic field destabilizing over the atlantic has been rediscovered at least 4 times and had a damn morgan freeman documentary. nasa says it aint so

nasa are some faggots who lie about things others can disprove. why? they are part of the evil army who tries to deceive the world
>>
>>19059955
Nope. The concept itself will force you use ideas of others, not in the least because the basic habits of animals are already used.
Still there is a way to base a religion on media itself. A less popular religion, the house music religion works like that. The base is the complete archive of mostly hardcore house music, created by DJ's. It is very popular in Europe and has many followers.
Is song is a statement of its existence

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvVatG16NE

Lyrics

This is my church
This is where I heal my hurt
It's a natural grace
Of watching young life shape
It's in minor keys
Solutions and remedies
Enemies becoming friends
When bitterness ends
This is my church [3x]

This is my church
It's in the world I become
Content in the hum
Between voice and drum
It's in change
The poetic justice of cause and effect
Respect, love, compassion
This is my church
For tonight
God is a DJ [3x]
This is my church [3x]

And this is the outcome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic8NFI96f58
>>
>>19059955
Yes, it's possible to Create a new one.
>>19058419
>>
File: VR.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
VR.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>>19059955

Yea, sure why not. People create new religions for video games all the time.
>>
>>19059955
When I was about 8 I wanted to start a new religion so that I could be rich and famous like a rock star or a politician. When I got older I realized how misguided that was. When I got older still, I realized that I was right the first time all along.
>>
>>19060064
A lot of those however do take heavy inspiration from real world religions though, TES uses Hinduism as a base for example.
>>
>>19060048
this is what cultural marxism does to people.
>>
>>19059961
Literally this.
>>
>>19059961
>>19060667
Have you read anything by Scientology? It's entirely copied from other schools of thought around the world. The only created part is the nonsense scifi origin with DC-10s flying into volcanoes. Their theology reads like mad libs religion where the author thinks changing a proper noun means you've come up with something new.

Final Fantasy has a more original theology than Scientology.
>>
>>19060721
Yeah cos xenu and his volcano full of trapped human souls is a viable scrap yard of used ideologies, cunt.
>>
>>19059955
If you LARP hard enough, eventually you will create your own religion.
>>
>>19060660
Don't mind and am a big fan of the Hardstyle Culture
>>
>>19060048
You have no clue what function a religion has.
>>
>>19059955
What is " Praise Kek "
>>
>>19060795
It reads like you agree with me. Why are you taking an argumentative tone when you agree? Are you stupid?
>>
File: 4chan 2030.png (625KB, 826x569px) Image search: [Google]
4chan 2030.png
625KB, 826x569px
>>19059955
It is not possible to create anything completely from scratch.
>>
>>19059966
wasn't hermeticism at least partially influenced by egyptian religion?
>>
File: butterflygoku2.jpg (79KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
butterflygoku2.jpg
79KB, 854x480px
>>19061617

As far as you know.....
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.