[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: How to tell if someone's a skinwalker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

File: skinwalker.png (95KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker.png
95KB, 1000x700px
Is there any 100% tried and true way to prove someone isn't a skinwalker or are we just in the dark?
>>
>>19058710
I know in the original legend you need to know the human name and you can preform some kind of ritual based on that. But that's more for killing them. There's no way to truly tell someone's a skin walker unless you know the original person and can tell inconsistencies in their behavior.
>>
>>19058710
You have to stab, cut, or shoot them. If the blood is black, they are a skinwalker.
>>
>>19058768
Period blood is black sometimes.
>>
>>19058796
that's tissue, not blood
>>
>>19058710

assuming we're talking about the "fleshgait" version of skinwalkers popular on /x/, it seems like they're not very good at acting like people and don't get free memories when they take somebody's shape.

so the usual "ask me a question only i would know the answer to" kind of thing seems like a solid test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQHy4XUXa0
>>
i have skin and i walk
>>
File: k goes innawoods.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
k goes innawoods.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>19058710
Throw white ash in their face
>>
>>19060944
I'm pretty sure that would piss off regular people too
>>19060922
What if you didn't know the person before hand? Any way to tell then besides the blood thing?
>>
>>19061516
>I'm pretty sure that would piss off regular people too
Yes but it won't physically harm them beyond the "oh shit, it's in my eye" reaction.
>>
>>19061526
Alright yeah but then you gotta explain to this person what you were trying to do and they're gonna think you're a fucking asshole

I'm looking for ways to check that random people you just met aren't skinwalkers without ruining the first impression.
>>
>>19061532
Don't trust anyone you meet just chilling out in the middle of the woods for no good reason (doesn't have a rifle, hiking boots and a backpack, etc.), if a skinwalker goes into a city or town it's because they're hunting someone really specific.
>>
>>19061572
I live in the middle of an oak forest surrounded by trees. We get weird people out here all the time. That's why I was looking for a surefire way to tell.
>>
>>19058710
Ask them to unlock their phone
Ask what them about a historical event you know they know about.
Offer them uncooked meat as if it's normal food and see if they eat it (this one is for if you don't want to seem like you are suspicious of them
>>
>>19061595
That's some pretty good advice.
>>
>>19061593
If you're looking for a way to tell and it's a stranger and you don't wanna come off like a crazy person there's one trait every story I've heard has in common.
As soon as or shortly after they meet one they will get a gut feeling, or a fight or flight response, the only way to test without being an autist is just to act normal and always trust your gut no matter what.
>>
>>19061614
I'll keep that in mind.

Is it possible that skinwalkers who've been around for a long time know how to mimic human behavior more than others?
>>
>>19061626
If they were roaming in a heavily populated area maybe, but they are never there, maybe if one wandered into a music festival or something?
But they would end up like cleverbot.com at best, also sorry, I meant to post this much sooner but ended up talking to it and got distracted.
>>
>>19062046
Alright that makes sense. So you're saying they can't pass the turing test? Do you think the turing test would work for detecting skinwalkers?
>>
I have a theory about skinwalkers if anyone is interested,
this is totally hypothetical, but you hear stories where they mimic a fully clothed human, with accessories like a wristwatch, and if they could generate a fully working wristwatch via shape shifting- they would be so advanced they don't need to use mimic and lure hunting behaviors, so they can't be doing that.

My idea is what if the skinwalker doesn't actually change shape, they could be inducing a hallucination instead, and projecting an image of a person and their voice.

So they could see and hear a person and memorize that info, then they could release some kind of hallucinogenic pheromone, once it get's into the target's head, they'd have to have some kind of minor psychic ability to change your perception of them to look and sound like the person they memorized. However just having that small amount amount of psychic ability doesn't make them very intelligent, hence why they only repeat things and seem to be acting oddly, because the skinwalker doesn't have an amazing memory or imagination.
>>
>>19062155
That's what I think anyway, although nobody will have the time to perform one if it's a skinwalker, I'd be too busy running the fuck away and trying to get a photo or something.
Btw this thread
>>19043503
is worth a look since I think there's like 2-3 people at most left here
>>
>>19062701
That's possible. That would mean if you took a photo of them what they really look like would show up instead of the hallucination.
Hallucinations never show up in photos. espeically if someone else is looking at the photo.
>>
>>19062710
There could even be more than one variety I suppose, with all the reports differing
>>
>>19062701
I see you watched Michaelcthulhu's Slenderman spoof as well.
>>
>>19062722
That makes some sense.
>>
Salt, preferably sea salt, or kosher salt. Also cornmeal.
When camping in a known Skinwalker area, pour salt in a circle around the camp. A Walker cannot cross the salt. If you suspect a member of your party is a Walker, pour salt onto their cupped hand. This causes great pain to a Walker.
After you set up camp, build a fire, then throw a handful of cornmeal into the flames. This scares the Walker away.
>>
>>19063375
Interesting. I've never heard of the salt thing before.
>>
>>19063475
I was told this by an old Navajo traditional. When I asked if it works, he told me "They ain't got me yet."
>>
>>19063375
Kosher salt is a pretty good catch all thing to carry around. Most things that go bump in the night apparently have an aversion to salt one way or another in the first place, and the fact that it's been blessed by a rabbi isn't going to hurt you any.
>>
>>19063375
I was always told Salt and White Ashes from my Navajo bros.
>>
when the fuck did the internet become obsessed with skinwalkers
>>
Are you guys roleplaying or do you actually believe in this stuff?

Been here a while and I still can't tell if you guys genuinely believe in all this shit or not.
>>
>>19063772
No shit its hard to tell whos playing ARGS or roleplaying
>>
>>19063772
actually believe in this stuff. at least I do.

this is OP.
>>
File: bingo.jpg (9KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
9KB, 284x177px
>>19058710
im a skin walker, i can change my mask at anytime i could be anyone around you, im already in your mind
>>
>>19063786
Quick rundown on what an ARG is?

>>19063788
Alright I believe you. Did something happen to make you believe in monsters? Just curious.
>>
>>19063803
I think I've seen em out where I live. Like I said we get some weird people out here in the middle of nowhere. Thick forest farm area. Nearest neighbors are miles away. Every once in a while we get someone at the front door asking directions or something like that. We've had a few people walk up without cars or anything. Don't go to the door to check when the come when i'm home alone, just watch them through the upstairs window. One guy walked in circles for like 20 minutes in front of the door then left. I'm 99% sure these people are skinwalkers or something similar.
>>
>>19063841
Interesting. But I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Skinwalkers are just a creepy Internet legend. Drugs, however, are very real. Don't worry about monsters coming to get ya anon.
>>
>>19063848
>Disregarding thousands of years worth of native american lore
>>
>>19063855
Don't believe everything you read. This world isn't as interesting as you guys seem to wish it to be.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about gas sniffing skinwalkers. Stop with the stupid fleshgait meme
>>
>>19063864
it is but they would rather make up mythical beats than look into real things
>>
>>19063864
Spoken like someone who lives in a boring ass suberb and only views the world through facebook, DESU. The world gets weird and interesting quick, man.
>>
>>19063872
I agree I suppose.
>>
>>19063772
Seen enough weird shit to make me a believer.
>>
>>19063877
I live in a cabin in the woods in Alabama. I don't have any social media. Used to explore the woods all the time and never found anything TOO creepy out there.

There's no need to insult me just because I'm telling you I doubt your claims. Skinwalkers though man? It's just not even original for a RP thread.
>>
>>19063772
Personally i actually believe in the paranormal like this, mostly because of heritage as well as personal experiences with shit that honestly doesnt make sense, and there seems to be no scientific explanation for. I am a Mexi-fag who grew up in a rural part of mexico listening to old Aztec stories from my grandparents and have been a few encounters that to this day i can't explain. It's like they say, you gotta see to believe , I have seen, hence i believe, but others dont and thats perfectly ok too
>>
>>19058710
In all honesty OP every theory you get is viable and COULD be true but you never know whats gonna work and what wont, one of the things that i highly suggest is that you trust deeply in the Uncanny Valley effect, thats one of the best survival mechanisms your body has, so you should listen to it
>>
>>19063898
Noted. That seems fairly reliable
>>
>>19063890
Not trying to insult you. The "lol this all fake" mindset comes 99% of the time from people in nice upper-middle class housing tracks.
>>
>>19063904
Fair enough
>>
>>19063904
are you trying to class shame an anon for being skeptical
>>
Are these things spirits or actual creatures? Like should I rely on the salt and ash like this thread says or will a weapon work?
>>
>>19063974
Weapons work. Just make sure to use incendiary ammo from what i've heard.
>>
>>19063974
According to folklore they're immune to weapons that aren't blessed or anointed with white ashes. So rub a bullet in ashes and cheeki their breeki.
>>
>>19062725
Oh I haven't, from your tone I can't tell if it's a good or bad video?
>>
>>19063772
I'm not roleplaying ever, but I like to think that I don't know everything, and if there's a chance the person I'm replying to isn't RPing and they just have seen or experienced things I haven't, I'll suspend my disbelief and try to contribute something that would be helpful.
Besides, it's all part of exploring /x/'s "lore" and I'm interested, even in the things I'm skeptical about, I'm sure there are more people like me here and RPers.
I also enjoy the stories, some one them are feasible, at least as "unexplained events".
>>
>>19063926
I'm a skeptic myself, but I won't shit on somebody unless they say the earth is flat, they are a deity/alien, or that Jews are responsible for some bullshit.
/x/ needs more chill I think
>>
>>19065702
It was from an era when those sorts of vids weren't cringy AF and was fairly well done, all things considered.
>>
>>19065740
>tfw Jews expelled from most societies they have ever inhabited
>>
>>19065812
I'm not religiously or ethnically jewish so I don't feel that pain, but it's ridiculous and wanton anyone can see.
>>
File: This is a skinwalker.png (86KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
This is a skinwalker.png
86KB, 640x400px
>>19065829
Go away, skinwalker.
>>
>>19065895
This is the stupidest fucking thing skinwalkers can't use computers dumb dumb
>>
>>19065927
Oh crap, there's more of them!
>>
File: Totally normal poster.png (71KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
Totally normal poster.png
71KB, 1000x700px
>>19065927
>>
>>19058737
I mean I would assume that you could figure it out judging by whether or not the ritual killed them
>>
>>19065943
N-no there isn't I'm just a fellow 4chan user.
OH CRAP THERES MORE OF THEM OH CRAP THERES OH CRAP
I mean, um, kek desu
>>
I want 2 have intercourse with a skinwalker pls
>>
File: o rly.png (422KB, 597x412px) Image search: [Google]
o rly.png
422KB, 597x412px
>>19065962
>>
>>19065962
stop pretending to be me asshole. No I'm not a skinwalker.
>>
>>19065981
Stop pretending to be me skinwalker scum, nobody believe this guy he's a filthy fleshgait
>>
>>19065981
I was the first person accused of being a skinwalker, not trying to (you) you
>>
>>19065981
>>19065987
>>19065988
>>19065973
>>19065962
>>19065949
there are no skinwalkers in ba sing se
>>
File: skurnwurker.png (103KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
skurnwurker.png
103KB, 640x400px
>>19065995
>>
Welp this thread has been thoroughly fucked in the ass
>>
>>19058710

Does it have skin: [Y]

Does it walk: [Y]

It is skinwalker
>>
>>19066009
kek this picture
>>
>>19058796
BURN THE WITCHES!
>>
>>19066114
>wants to burn all females
>being this gay
>>
>>19066123
>Being this autistic
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.