[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoga Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 8 circuits.jpg (230KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
8 circuits.jpg
230KB, 638x825px
Hey /x/, I assume a decent amount of you have some experience with yoga. I want to ask several questions as a novice. I know that I can google, but to be quite honest I prefer this approach. Besides, there are plenty of schools and techniques and asking for some pointers would significantly reduce the amount of time spent on research (let alone experimentation).

So here are my questions:

1. How long should one practice Asana before moving on to Pranayama?
2. Is ok for a novice to do Asana + Meditation or Asana + Mantra/Dharana together to speed up progress or should you just stick to Asana until you get proficient at it?
3. How do you that you've gotten proficient at Asana?
4. How long should the sessions be?
5. Which specific Pranayama techniques do you prefer?
6. Is there any consensus on which techniques are most effective?
7. What are some of the pitfalls and mistakes that noobie yoga practitioners do?
>>
Kapalabhati and nadi shodhana are all you need m8
>>
>>19058372
master yogis out there plz respond
>>
None of this is needed in Kali Yuga. Bhakti yoga is the most simple and direct path to attaining pure love for the divine. Chant the names of Radha Krsna in ecstasy and love for Lord Chaitanya.
>>
>>19058791
t. total fucking retard who's too lazy to do real work
>>
>>19058813
I wouldn't consider abstaining from meat, intoxicants gambling and illicit sex, as well as chanting a fixed number of mantras laziness.
>>
>>19058836
>implying I don't chant a fuckload of mantras daily
That's literally what I'm going to do rn nigga
>>
>>19058895
Nobody implied anything you're just having knee jerk reactions to a response.
>>
>>19058774
master bear here what do you need
>>
>>19058836
>I wouldn't consider abstaining from meat, intoxicants gambling and illicit sex,
nigga meat is the only thing their that requires any effort, and thats only if you've been brought up eating meat your whole life
>>19058372
id also be interested im currently reading and following "a sytematic course in the ancient tantric teniques of yoga and kriya" book, which seems very detailed its basicly a daily practice guidde on yoga and other techniqes shows you what to do and how to do for how long ect, i've only just started but it seems very good
>>
File: chaitanya.jpg (200KB, 710x804px) Image search: [Google]
chaitanya.jpg
200KB, 710x804px
>>19059118
Just because a practice may appear to be simple (such as following regulative principles and chanting the hare krishna mahamantra) doesn't mean it lacks potency especially in this yuga. Other yoga systems will only grant realization of impersonal bramhan and paramatma whereas bhakti can reveal the name and form of God as well as your specific relationship with him.
>>
>>19059133
>Other yoga systems will only grant realization of impersonal bramhan
good, since brahma is the ultimate imperishable and the only truth
and anyway yoga helps perfect the body so it can be more efficiant in other forms of yoga
>>
>>19059118

OP here, I just found the PDF and I'll check it out. Thanks anon.
>>
Oh, I'll also check out the other terms mentioned in the thread. One additional reason I wanted to make a thread on /x/ is to see discussions between practitioners of different schools. So feel free to duke it out as much as you want. Not that you need any permission from me or anything.
>>
File: RK.jpg (153KB, 700x516px) Image search: [Google]
RK.jpg
153KB, 700x516px
>>19059150
>good, since brahma is the ultimate imperishable and the only truth

If you have read the Bhagavad Gita you could see this is not the case. God has form and personality.
>>
>>19059150
man-mana bhava mad-bhakto
mad-yaji mam namaskuru
mam evaisyasi satyam te
pratijane priyo 'si me

"Always think of Me and become My devotee. Worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend."

Does that sound like bramhan to you?
>>
>>19059167
i have read the bhagavad gita many times and many differant traslantions, id suggest you do the same,
id suggest you read the upanishads and vasisthas yoga
>>
>>19059173
"what ever there is and whatever appears to be the world-jugglery, is but pure brahman or the absolute consciousness and naught else"
>>
>>19059173
>"Always think of Me and become My devotee. Worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend."

you do realise krishna is just offering one path out of many to realise the ultimate dont you? much like jesus, they offer themselfs to their devotees as a pure example to follow and worship to help purify your self to realise the imperishable truth
>>
>>19059204
Very clear that this sloka is referring to Krsna the person and not bramhan. There are many other verses to support this concept.

sarva-dharman parityajya
mam ekam saranam vraja
aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
moksayisyami ma sucah

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.
>>
>>19059192
Not denying the reality of brahman. I am stating that there are stages of realization situated above it.
>>
>>19059228
>>19059235
i dont think you understand, you seem to be fixated on the gita, i suggest you read other sciptures pertaining to this becuase you seem to have tunnel vision
>>
>>19059291
Have read most of the prominent gaudiya vaishnava texts including isopanisad, bramha smahita, srimad bhagavatam and many of the books of Srila prabhupad and srila Narayana maharaja. Definitely biased in regards to advaita vedanta and mayavadi philosophy.
>>
>>19059302
are you an ISKCON
>>
>>19059366
Gaudiya Math (international pure bhakti yoga society)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.