[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Necronomicon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Someone Has Information About This, or continue doing an Myth.. please tell me what you Think About This.. !!
>>
>>19055833
Fiction.
>>
>>19055833
It is fictional, invented by H.P. Lovacraft. Though I'm sure there are some real books written on the occult, its just that the Necronomicon is not real.
>>
general consensus is that Lovecraft invented the name and the history of the book. almost certainly there is no actual tome dedicated to summoning eldritch horrors ("real" grimoires tend to be about summoning demons that are a bit less cosmic and stuff.)

this should probably go without saying but there is also not a book that summons Deadites for Ash to fight in his cabin in the woods.

there ARE a couple of mass-produced books out on shelves these days called "Necronomicon". to my knowledge they're just people cashing in on the idea (i think one of them is just Goetia along the lines of the Lesser Key of Solomon with modern commentary, and there are better or at least older copies of that stuff - again, though, the Lesser Key itself was almost certainly a work of fiction made in Europe long after the biblical Solomon was dead.)
>>
>>19055924
>I'm sure there are some real books written on the occult
Oh, there are a shitton.

>>19056029
>this should probably go without saying but there is also not a book that summons Deadites for Ash to fight in his cabin in the woods.
God damn it!
>>
Kek is stronger than the "old ones".
>>
>>19055833
False mystery by a high ranking Freemason by the name of H.P. Lovecraft. While you bothering with his writings you will miss the real mysteries of this world.
>>
>>19056098
Can you give some examples of truly occult books?
>>
>>19055833

Are you talking about the Anubis charter, or the fictional piece?
>>
>>19056226
? don´t fucking mess with the old ones
>>
>>19056430
He wasn't a freemason, u retard.
>>
>>19058005
Magick in Theory and Practice
The Tree of Life
The Middle Pillar

Here's a few
>>
File: divineishidden.jpg (141KB, 405x484px) Image search: [Google]
divineishidden.jpg
141KB, 405x484px
>>19058005

Not occult so much as paradoxically parabolic.
>>
The Necronomicondom is just LARPing done by Lovecraft
>>
The tale of the Necromicon states that a man will come from the sky riding on a beige oldsmobile chariot with his boomstick and chainsaw hand, and save us all from the evils of the Army of Darkness
>>
>>19058048
Except Lovecraft was LONG dead when it came out.
>>
>>19058022
>>19058039
Thanks!
>>
lovecraft didnt believe in anything he wrote. it was mostly just an expression of his own nihilism and fantasies.

I think the closest you could actually get is the egyptian book of the dead.

that being said I wouldnt be surprised if there was some secret book of evil magic out there somewhere waiting to be discovered or released

youd be better served by expanding your search terms
>>
>>19058066
>thanking me for some book recommendations
>also thanking the anon who called you a retard
Lol
>>
File: 1492388017261.jpg (46KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492388017261.jpg
46KB, 540x540px
Necronomicon ≠ Necronomicon Ex Mortis
>Not knowing what "secret" means
>The damage control every time someone asks about this
>>
>>19056226
kek is THE old one silly billy
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.