[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IF YOU SMOKE POT AND WANNA LUCID DREAM GIVE UP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1495706029849.jpg (35KB, 398x342px) Image search: [Google]
1495706029849.jpg
35KB, 398x342px
They arent lying when they say daily pot use fucks your dream recall.

4 days without it and its like all of a sudden my mind is giving me the most intense memories ive had since i was a kid.

ITT: discuss lucid dreaming and dream recall in general
>>
Pot smoking degenerate here, is that exactly true? I've been wanting to try lucid dreaming for awhile but I really don't know how to approach it, or when would be a good time to do so. I can remember most of my dreams pretty vividly though and I smoke on a daily basis.
>>
>>19055482
I'm a long standing degenerate. It does mess with your dreams. You still dream if you blaze but it gets harder to remember dreams the more you smoke up. And whenever I have breaks from it I remember a lot more of my dreams.
>>
>>19055456
I would've agreed with you 2 years ago, but let me say this; as with anything related to cannabis and human behavior, you just have to try harder. As when people cant function while smoking cannabis, as is the same with lucid dreaming. If you are too much of a bitch to have your shit together, it ain't the weeds fault, it's all on you.

Dreams exist to help you purify your mental backlog and potentially remove any minor trauma's that are trying to manifest in a negative way in your conscious life. This is essentially the same function as cannabis has. Which mean, throughout the day, the cannabis helps the processes get into gear that only ever happens when you sleep. So when you actually sleep, you have less of a need for this. Does that mean that you don't dream at all and that lucid dreaming is impossible? No, you are just focusing on the wrong things throughout your day and practicing dreaming wrong in the night.

Fuck you. Try harder and stop spreading bullshit to further your agenda. You are one of the reasons the godsend that is weed gets a bad rep.
>>
>>19055482
Yes, been smoking since i was 14. 22 now. Daily use made my recall go from remembering dreams every night multiple times a night to remembering maybe one every other week.

Now 4 days without it (plus drinking to help me sleep) and oh my fuck i forgot how vivid dreams could be.
>>
>>19055456
well I had my first real lucid dream (total control, it was amazing better than any drug experience) and i'm smoking a lot in the past year. but i have to admit i rarely remember any dreams since i started smoking intensively
>>
>>19055505
See i wanted to believe that.

I love pot. I wouldnt stop smoking unless i had to (which i have to).

And the facts combined with anecdotal and now PERSONAL experience point to it making your dream recall shitty. If you knew how to lucid dream prior to ever smoking then props to you but thats not the case for alot of people.

Stop trying to further YOUR agenda buddy
>>
File: Skærmbillede (121).png (200KB, 571x321px) Image search: [Google]
Skærmbillede (121).png
200KB, 571x321px
who fucking cares. When youre high as shit, being awake feels like a dream.

but i have noticed that i dont recall dreams if i sleep the same day ive smoked. BUT, the nights i sleep while REAAAAALY baked, my dreams are fucking intense and i do recall

so whats going on????

PS. ill keep smoking
>>
>>19055509
I had one (count em ONE) lucid experience while smoking pot, and it didnt go too well.

But hey, maybe thats just me and countless others?

The point i am making here is if you are someone who struggles with it, and you smoke alot... STOP SMOKING and it becomes 10x easier

Just take a week off and youll notice a difference
>>
>>19055456
There's no way this can be 100% true, because I am able to do both rather well.
>>
>>19055521
Honestly, i couldnt tell you. If your dream recall works fine with pot you are the exception to the rule.

It increases the length of time spent in deep sleep, and decreases time spent in REM (dream) sleep.

Perhaps you have sporadically intense dreams because you have a deficit of REM sleep. And your body makes up for it eventually in spats of intense dreaming.

But honestly idfk cuz im not you. Im just tryina help out other stoners
>>
>>19055531
Once again, it bears repeating that this is true for a majority of heavy marijuana users, not ALL of them.

I am curious, before ever smoking it did you have practices such as a dream journal/reality checks in place?
>>
File: Skærmbillede (123).png (205KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
Skærmbillede (123).png
205KB, 665x374px
>>19055532
exactly, cause you dont need to dream when youre allready in a dream like state while baked while awake!!
>>
>>19055505
>expensive substance that hinders work
>just try harder to like it
>>
>>19055559
expensive? i dont know about you but weed isnt expensive for shit. its cheap as fuck, dude, its a weed. It grows naturally and all you have to do is harvest it.

you can literally have a lifetime use of weed for $5, if you know how to grow and take care of plants.

m8, how the fuck is it expensive? also, it doesnt hinder work
>>
>>19055571
>anyone can have a grow operation when its still federally illegal

>implying people dont buy it from dealers

Are you that dense? Or are you THAT entrenched in your undying love of a substance that is bad when used to the extent it is by many people?

It is a good thing, but too much of a good thing is bad. And it becomes expensive when you smoke it daily and cant grow your own shit
>>
>>19055456
But all the plataeus ive reached on dmt..... you mean they were drug induced!?!?!?!
>>
>>19055537
No because I have been smoking for WAYY longer than I have been into lucid dreaming and general occult stuff. I keep one now, though. Also, for anyone who needs assistance, I used to use mugwort tea to great effect. Also coleus and African dream root/herb are good for lucid and prophetic dreams.
>>
>>19055456
For me it was quite the opposite, when I was smoking some days every week I could just decide before going to sleep if I wanted to go lucid, just thinking to myself "lets go lucid tonight k" and it happened. Now I havn't smoked for almost a year and while I have vivid recallabe dreams every night, lucid dreams are far less common.
For the record I have had recallable dreams almost everyday all my life and lucid dreams from time to time as well.
A method I recommend for those interested is the one from mr.robot, just think to yourself "mind awake, body asleep" repeadly while falling asleep and suddenly you find yourself in the dreamworld.
>>
>>19055521
>>19055532
I doubt he's the exception. I can recall dreams and I've been smoking weed for 10years. But I suppose that my memory helps as I have a near-eidetic level of memory, and weed hasn't fucked up that... yet.
>>
I have to say I knew a guy who had his first lucid dream while smoking. I would love to agree, but I also had vivid dreams while smoking. Some of my most vivid dreams were while smoking. I've had very meaningful dreams during smoking. Truth is smoking does effect the pineal gland. But dreams after stopping smoking, for me personally... Meh. Not much of an increase. Most would love to say, SINCE I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY STOPED SMOKING, this and this! But for me, it's been meh.
>>
>>19055456
Don't listen to this dipshit. I've been smoking for almost ten years and can recall my dreams with ease.
OP is just what every OP is - a faggot
>>
>>19056461
/thread
>>
>>19056461
>Don't listen to this dipshit. I've been smoking for almost ten years and can recall my dreams with ease.
ikr lol the half-christfag, half-all-fag, "expert lucid dreamer" roleplayers are the worst
>>
>>19055456
Isn't actually a problem for me. If you wanna make blanket statements about shit, stick to Reddit.
>>
File: IMG_4390.png (2MB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.png
2MB, 1600x1597px
>>
>>19055559
>hinders work
When will this meme die? If your lazy your just lazy, pot doesn't make you not work hard
>>
>>19057971
At most it inhibits motivation in *some* people. Whether or not that person rolls with it or is disciplined enough to overcome it is entirely up to them, though.
>>
it might dampen it but it is far from making it impossible

Ive been able to Lucid dream and Astral Project even though I was burnin ALL DAY ERRY DAY.

that being said once I stop the recall is easier.
>>
>>19058020
hehe yeah a lot of people on here like to say it makes it impossible to AP as well. It always makes me chuckle.
>>
>>19058028
Hahah, yeah heheheh. Chuckling here too my friend, hehuhehuh! Hahaha.......eheh.....

Good post :^) heheh
>>
>>19056703
They should call it the "Dream Induced Lucid Dream *Operation." DILDO, for short.
>>
>>19058043
*teleports behind u* heheheh...the knows knows, bub... *pops adamantium claws*
>>
I can confirm its true. Smoked everyday for the last 3 years. Haven't smoked in about a month and within a few days of stopping, I started dreaming like crazy. Mostly nightmares though.
>>
>>19055456
So smoking can be used to get rid of nightmares?
>>
>>19058472
Most definitely
>>
>>19055489
I think this, like everything with weed, depends on the person.

My dream recall has increased since I began smoking. Meanwhile my husband who's been smokng since he was 13 can't remember dreams unless it's seemingly a vision (for example he remembered one for the first time last night about a girl he hasn't spoken to until high school. All he could remember was she was sad, so he hit her up and, yeah, she was having some bad times going on).

For me though i always dream. It fades away because I try not to remember my dreams.

The ones I recall are usually bad dreams.

Like the one where I was drowning because i had a panic attack in my sleep, or the one last night where my grandpa was strangling my mom.

It's very much dependant on the person. Some people find success recalling dreams with weed, especially lucid dreaming. Others have trouble. Me, i've tried to lucid dream and the processes mixed with weed just made me sleep longer (More soundly i guess which isn't a bad thing).
>>
I would like to disagree with you OP, but my recent experience corroborates your claim. I've been smoking weed daily for the past six years to prevent me from murdering ass-loads of hipsters, and I recently went rural in a red state where weed is fucking expensive, so broke that habit now that there are no hipsters to kill. I've been dreaming more often and had my first lucid dream in a while within a week of the current weed break. Ironically though, I was smoking weed with kim jong un in the dream. (wish he was like that irl....) I was asked to help move a piece of furniture and noticed it morphing like a scopolamine hallucination as I realized that the furniture was out of place, and immediately became aware I was dreaming... then aware that I still wanted to sleep, said "fuck this furniture" and went back to smoking with kim jong un.
>>
>>19055482
Thc lowers REM frequency and duration.
>>
>>19055456
Thats one of the best parts of weed, is that when you quit it cold turkey you get really vivid dreams
>>
I smoke every day all day and I have the most vivid and real dreams and I remember everything about them. They're all set in the same dream town.
>>
>>19055532
He's not the exception. I do recall dreams and they're vivid as fuck during the dreams.

I feel that the "weed destroys dreams" is the same meme that yellow 6 in mountain dew lowers sperm count.
>>
I smoke all the time and I had a lucid dream last night. Check.
>>
>>19055456
you know it would make sense.. I hardly ever remember even a still frame from my dreams anymore

Smoking just weed for 15 years now.

I have been considering cutting back and weening off.. for my health.

Doesn't do much for me anymore other than slow me down.
>>
File: viper.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>19055505
>Dreams exist to help you purify your mental backlog and potentially remove any minor trauma's that are trying to manifest in a negative way in your conscious life. This is essentially the same function as cannabis has
Dunning-Kruger Effect : The Post
>>
>>19055456
I smoke everyday and still dream. It depends on if you can handle your shit or if you're a pussy.
>>
>>19059144
Damn, so this is really a thing.
>>19059231
>yellow 6
The Brominated vegetable oil is probably the biggest problem... then the corn syrup, and then the yellow 6. Really, mountain dew is poison.
>>
>>19059691
Do you smoke a bowl before bed though, dumbass?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.