[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is eternal hell real? This is about the only thing I care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

File: Tumblr_n718m5TEoQ1qhcrb0o1_1280.jpg (46KB, 899x541px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_n718m5TEoQ1qhcrb0o1_1280.jpg
46KB, 899x541px
So is eternal hell real? This is about the only thing I care about and I came here because its fairly obvious the Bible has esoteric meaning since any literal interpretation is ridiculous. But I'm wondering if any students of the occult have managed to determine if er... "Zeus" is going to send us to a place of eternal punishment.
>>
>>19054748

Gehena in Palestine/ Israel

or hells gate in turkmenistan

maybe some caves elsewhere
>>
>>19054748
did you post this thread?
>>19054039
>>
>>19054760
No. But I guess people are getting nervous with September 23rd looming near.
>>
>>19054763
yeah people seem real nervous about the autumnal equinox the last few years. must be that whole equal day/equal night thing. super spooky. we've had a lot of equinoxes and the world hasn't ended yet, sooooo

also
>looming near
it's months away. so I'm not sure what you're getting at there.
>>
File: hEY.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hEY.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>19054771
Anon, I...
>>
>>19054748

The demiurge is fooling everyone, seek the serpent.
>>
>>19054789
the serpent is also an asshole. I only seek reconciliation with the Monad.
>>
File: 1452781425525.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452781425525.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>19054788
you what? don't hand me that shit. "oh no it's the dragon from revelation, it's a harbinger of the apocalypse blah blah blah"

if I had a hundred bucks for every supposed doomsday that's come and gone in my lifetime, I could pay off my student loans. you know what's gonna happen on september 23? leaves are going to drift lazily to the ground.
>>
>>19054817
I don't even think its a dragon. Its just a disconcerting concentration of color that looks anomalous and spooky. Maybe its space AIDS. I don't know.
>>
File: c51.png (73KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
c51.png
73KB, 400x200px
>>19054825
>Space AIDS
>Pic related
>>
>>19054748
Who gives a fuck if it's real. Just turn around and walk out. Who's going to stop you? If they try, how will they? You are a being of pure spirit and will.
>>
>>19054842
Brilliant stuff anon, if ISIS captures me and puts me in a cage I'll just walk out using my sekrit supernatural god powers.

Idiot.
>>
>>19054854
kek
>>
>>19054817
frogs settle into the earth...
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 217x232px
>>19054788
>>
>>19054748
zeus is with the light side
if you have christ inside your heart you will be protected
otherwise you will be lost with this world
how bad its going to be, we cannot imagine with these earthly brains we have but it doesent worth risking it to learn how bad "hell" will be
just have patience and keep researchihng to keep yourself awake from this joke world

antichrist must not decieve you to get his mark!
this is the final test of humanity!
everyone should know that by now but nobody is talking about this thing!
>>
>>19054748

As I understand it.

Eternal hell is NOT real.

we are on a periodic update cycle. We do not instantly transfer from earth when we die to our final judgement. We wait, but we live with our Sins.

If you are Evil, you will live in hell. If you are good, it will be bliss.

Once the ancients of days have the opportunity to judge our souls, you will ascend or be extincted.
>>
>>19054748
Would you be able to enjoy a heaven if you knew that there were other souls (perhaps some being friends and family) out there being tormented eternally for no justifiable reason? There would be no true heaven for anyone in such a system, just different stages of hellishness. It's all or nothing. 'The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas' is a great story that perfectly illustrates this concept.
>>
>>19054748
No hell is eternal...but if we do not correctly use the eternal life technologies then we possibly experience hell during many moments.
>>
>>19054748

You're in it babe.

But we're takin it back.
>>
>>19054763
I've actually not heard anything about this "September 23rd" thing. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>19054817
>student loans
Top kek
>>
>>19054789
That's stupid
>>
>>19057176
This!
>>
>>19054854
Yeah, that makes sense because you have a physical body with physical limitations. Once you have passed you are a being of pure will and spirit; give'em the finger and walk out of there, woos.
>>
>>19058190
you don't suppose the being that imprisoned you here can imprison you somewhere else?
>>
>>19057263
God could just create an AI copy of you while the real you burns. Although that would be deceptive.
>>
>>19054748

Ok, so, from a game theoretical perspective, an infinitely bad hell would be an infinitely strong disincentive against defecting. An omnibenevolent being would thus threaten an infinitely bad hell against any being with sufficient power to create an infinitely bad hell. However, by this logic, if we threaten an infinitely bad hell, others will threaten us with an infinitely bad hell if they are more powerful than us. Since we don't know where power comes from or how high heaven goes, we probably shouldn't threaten an infinitely bad hell. But if we don't threaten an infinitely bad hell, there is no disincentive against creating an infinitely bad hell. If we bluff an infinitely bad hell, we risk the possibility that what is above us doesn't recognize it as a bluff. And since it's impossible for omnibenevolence to encompass every possible standard of good, there's always the possibility of some being coming into the power of a given deity who recognizes their omnibenevolence as hell rather than heaven. So the optimal strategy seems to be to bluff hell at just a small enough level that it's believable to something below us, but not above us. That way, what's below us knows that such a thing is possible, and what's above us knows that we aren't actually creating it. Beyond that we can't really control for every outcome. If you live infinitely long you can reasonably expect to experience infinite suffering regardless of whether you wind up in heaven or hell, and in all likelihood it's impossible for you to remain in one or the other for all eternity. Our goal is to make sure everyone understands the game theory of eternity so that when our turn in hell comes it's at the lowest threshold of pain that something which doesn't understand or agree with us can manage for us.
>>
>>19058293
mere speculation, no substance.
>>
>>19058293
tl;dr?
>>
>>19058313

By definition, the only way to prove the existence of an infinitely bad hell is to experience it. But what could possibly report back to us from eternity in a closed loop? Eternity in hell is unknowable to us. We should act in good faith with the universe so it remains that way.
>>
>>19054748
You realize what this is September thing is, yes? Just another reason to sell all your shit, make someone rich, and end up completely nulled out. When the globe keeps on turning. Or whatever the flat earth does. Nothing? Kek.
>>
>>19054789
Dammit you are the serpent
We are the serpent whatever
>>
File: pols_dream_come_true.jpg (100KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
pols_dream_come_true.jpg
100KB, 620x877px
>>19054748
If an eternal hell existed, and you were sent there, you'd either adapt or go insane and be unaware of your surroundings, so why worry about it?
>>
File: IMG_8517.jpg (100KB, 750x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8517.jpg
100KB, 750x486px
>>19058452
Love GWTBW
>>
>>19054748
it's something that would be impossible to know. man understands divinity like a cat understands music
>>
>>19058391
That is also mere speculation. everything is so why the fuck would you try to secure anything with a plan based on speculations?!
>>
>>19058486

I'd try to tell you why I do it, but I would just be speculating.
>>
File: IMG_0407.jpg (198KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0407.jpg
198KB, 620x877px
>>19058452
Fuck year blast wave
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>19058452
>>19058469
>>19058514
Top kek
>>
>>19058230
Yeah but the AI copy wouldn't be conscious, and therefor wouldn't have value like the actual soul with free will, genuine feelings etc.
>>
File: dsfsd.png (15KB, 633x799px) Image search: [Google]
dsfsd.png
15KB, 633x799px
>>19054748

Imagine this as this picture
in the top, its the + positive polarity
in the bottom, the - negative polarity
we are somewhere in the middle.
if you go up, it will be eternal happiness,
down, eternal suffering because its like impossible to escape doing bad if you are down, since it will be your nature, so you will keep being trapped there
its really hard to come here from the worlds that are below, to get a chance to go up people,
dont waste this oportunity you have just because you are getting decieved from some matter around you and some entities that are fucking with your thoughts, pushing you to do bad or whatever

i believe earth is below zero, maybe -1 maybe -2
but still we are dipped into this shit with our own free will for train purposes, you dont want to waste all of this just for some "instant"(that dont last), fake, material, pleasures

>>19057176

i also believe final test is the beasts mark
but you cannot escape this if you are not fully awake, the decieve will be huge and people will be hungry at that time, its sad most of humanity will get this system, specially christians because they will get trolled from the rest of the world that will recieve it easily and they will see them having unlimited material wealth etc
>>
>>19054748
Biblically speaking, yes, Hell is a real place, it is described as the lake of fire and sulfur where the damned will go to eternally suffer. There is a lot of allegory and figuration in The Bible, true, but Hell is not considered to be allegory or figurative.

It's not too late to repent and try to live by God's will for you.
>>
>>19059796
no it's fucking not.
>>
>>19054748
No.

Hell as we know it is ripped straight from Dante's Inferno.

It's literally based on a fictional story.
>>
>>19059830
dantes inferno is not complete fiction
its truth hidden in this "story"
>>
>>19059838
No, it's literally a fictional story.
>>
>>19059838
We know this how?
>>
>>19059872
by using your brain
dont imagine it like the pictures tho
>>
>>19059872
It's a fucking self-insert fanfic.
>>
>>19059838
I bet these assholes would deny that spirits exist too.
S
M
H
>>
>>19054748
If you expect to go to hell, you'll go to hell. Up until you realize that the only reason you're there is because you wanted to go there.
>>
>>19057263
>>19054748

Hell is not an eternal torture chamber, this is a Roman Catholic myth. All evil will be burned to ash after judgement day, and God will restore all of creation to perfection
>>
File: THE_REAPERS_GET.png (524KB, 852x1559px) Image search: [Google]
THE_REAPERS_GET.png
524KB, 852x1559px
>>19054817
It's not a dragon.
It's the reapers.
>>
>>19060208
Purified in the fires.

That which brings you down, which you are attached to, is what drags you down.

That is cast off, leaving a soul in grace.

There is God, who is the source of all good.

And then there is everything else.

The closer you are to God, the more life, love, joy and community.

The further, isolation, despair and death.

However death has no power over life, and forgiveness, that is the hand of God, is extended to all peoples at all times.

Just say yes to God.
>>
>>19059796
This is not a thread for fundies. I would have asked 8's Christian board or /his/ if I wanted a trite answer based on a flawed book.
>>
>>19054748
Hell is what happens when your life is overcome with more evil than good, but not in the way you might think.

Imagine waking up from a dream about being a serial killer. You would be horrified and disgusted by what you did in the dream, knowing you could never do such things in real life.

But then imagine that the dream was all you had, and that from the moment you wake up to the end of eternity the only thought you had was the torment of constant disgust in what you did.

Thats what I believe hell to be. Heaven is the opposite, in which you spend eternity at peace because your memories of life were good.
>>
>>19058293
Stop taking acid anon. Once you've heard the message you should hang up the phone.
>>
>>19058293
Nobody else actually read that, but it makes sense as a proof of there likely being no hell.
>>
>>19061555
Wouldn't that also mean that people who suffered horrible tragedy throughout their entire lives, even if they didn't do anything really harmful to others, would also end up in Hell? They'd have nothing but bad memories too. Or how about people who, during their entire lives, were severely depressed or otherwise mentally or physically ill?

Going by your logic, it sounds like people can end up in Hell through no fault of their own.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.