[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reincarnation/Past Lives Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 12

File: reincarnation-3.jpg (133KB, 1017x552px) Image search: [Google]
reincarnation-3.jpg
133KB, 1017x552px
Something happened the other day and it really got me thinking about this topic.

I was over at my best friend's house. We are practically family, like brothers. I call his daughter my niece even. Anyways, I was at his house and there was a get-together of family and friends. Eventually his 3 year old daughter came into the room and started playing with him. She looked like she was having a fun time and just suddenly said "I'm so glad I picked you daddy". He asked what she meant and she said "You were the only boy there but I knew you were meant for me", now keep in mind she is 3 years old and still does baby talk. Her dad seemed intrigue and asked her what she meant and she said that there was a man in a suit who told her to pick a family and down the row she saw him (her dad). She went on to say that he was just there by himself while everyone else was either just a girl or both moms and dads, but that he was the only boy by himself (she kept making a point of this). Anyways she grew disinterested when her dad kept asking questions and went off to play somewhere else.

Now what's kinda weird is how she spoke of it all. She was very articulate and were saying it all in full sentences. She is only 3 and I visit her and my friend often so I know she still talks like a baby.

Tying in with her story however, I have looked up other stories and they are pretty similar. A man in a suit, picking out a family, etc almost like grocery shopping from what i've read. This seems like an inbetween of dying and being born if your soul isn't ready for heaven. It was kinda weird. Also what stood out to not only me but I'm sure everyone else who was there was how she mentioned it was just him, supposedly when picking out her family. Her mother died a few months after her birth. My friend was pretty much on his own with her besides the occasional help from family and friends.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?
>>
>>19053838
I hear kids can remember their past lives rather well because they are still adjusting to the new one. Of course this isn't every kid but all the stories I'm reading about it are very fascinating.

am OP btw.
>>
some resources for those interested:
This phenomenon is totally real:

https://www.edgarcayce.org/the-readings/philosophy-reincarnation

Edgar Cayce (famous medium) on reincarnation

a reincarnation in vietnam:
http://www.anomalist.com/reports/reincarnation.html

kid solves murder in past life
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/681034-3-year-old-remembers-past-life-identifies-murderer-and-location-of-body/
(many such cases)

currently reading a book about this called 'Journey of Souls' it's super rad

Thanks for posting a thread on a cool topic OP
>>
I had a past life that I remember to this day. I had a soulmate and met him there. I remember meeting with God and agreeing to meet my soulmate in this life.
>>
>>19053838
>Reincarnation/Past Lives Thread
There is no reincarnation or past lives. This one is your only one.
>>
When I was very young, playing alone in my room, I just suddenly decided to act out that I was dying in a hospital bed. I don't know where I got that from.
>>
This is interesting material on "evolution" of the soul through incarnations.
Llresearch.org
Lawofone.info for searchable version.
>>
File: Guide Hand.jpg (37KB, 335x150px) Image search: [Google]
Guide Hand.jpg
37KB, 335x150px
To this day I remember vividly of talking to a man in nice attire and discussing if I was ready to go and that we will meet again later; stuff like that. It wasn't scary, I felt like I had knowledge of what was going on. I first said the story when I was a toddler to my parents and swear to it to this day. I can still paint a picture in my mind of the whole scenario.
>>
Atoms are recycled. Memory's aren't physical and tangible so they wouldn't be taken after birth.
>>
>>19056810
You were looking for thrills. When you're young and bored out of your tits you don't have anything to do but think.
>>
I had a dream where I went to a place where I had mementos from past lives. It was filled with swords and necklaces. In this life I'm supposed to get a necklace. Idk if it's real or what it means. Life is crazy
>>
I implore you all to read about short term memory and long term memory
>>
>>19056339
nah f.am
>>
>>19057296
That's where the soul comes in
>>
>>19057310
I had lego.
>>
>>19057296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYE0WEFz_OA
>>
>>19057668
tru, can't go wrong with lego.
(Am not >>19057310)
>>
that's a very interesting experience OP.

a long while ago, i got on the past lives thread of thought and i ended up checking out a video on youtube that relaxed you and guided you through a past lives meditation. expecting not much, i went along with the meditation. at some point i saw, vividly, a past life, like watching a movie. i even got a name and location. cool experience, but i haven't tried it again.
>>
>>19058818
link?
>>
>>19058868
i no longer have the exact link unfortunately. i recall it was a relaxing male voice, the setup was meeting a conductor at a train station, then just letting go and the visuals came.

try different videos to see what voice + setup works for you, the rest is just letting it happen.

something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6RHDHjYJA
>>
Ever since I can remember I thought I was special and came here 10,000 years ago. I know I was Tesla and Morrison in previous lives. I was many animals as a sort of punishment for ages. Tesla died the in the US same year Morrison was born, Morrison died in Paris. I was someone before this life, I feel I was German maybe, can't remember, must have been a difficult life because it was short.

One particular thing I remember from 10,000 years ago was caverns and extensive tunnels in the earth where beings lived in. I was some type of avian humanoid
>>
>>19058818
Not the OP, but I'm glad it worked for you. I tried using a video like that a while back, but nothing happened for me. It looks like those videos, and past life regressions in general, are a kind of hypnosis, and I seem to be resistant to hypnosis.

I'm not really sure what I'd hope to gain by learning about my past lives anyway. Maybe proof of the afterlife and the fact that we can forget past lives? I suppose that could help, because I'm in a severe depression and I'd really like to just kill myself, forget this life ever happened, and get a new one.
>>
>>19059206
Anon if you kill yourself.. it will deal your spirit a massive amount of damage that will take a long time for you to overcome..

it will not be simply.. I am out of my body now.. good.. on to the next life..

it will intensify your torment for a good long while after your body is done animating I would imagine.

you will find it very hard to forgive yourself
>>
>>19059229
Things are so bad that I'm willing to deal with that. My spirit is already severely damaged, and it's only going to get worse. Sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth to fix something and you're better off just tearing it all down and starting over from scratch.
>>
>>19059252
Thing is though you won't be starting from scratch.

You will be at a point where you have failed at doing whatever it is you sought to do.. and then you not only failed but gave up the opportunity you were given.

I've seen dark times and I've had those thoughts myself..

it really is a choice, though, how you deal with everything..

dwelling is cancer
worrying is cancer
what if's (concerning the past) are cancer

you will have to deal with whatever issues you are dealing with one way or another.. and I can guarantee you will be massively compounding your issues if you make that decision.
>>
>>19059206
i had issues with resistance, letting go and depression - a trifecta of self-sabotage feeding itself. at some point you need to surrender and just say fuck it, i'll let myself go with the flow, forgive yourself and redefine your beliefs about yourself. it didn't happen right away the first video or the only video, as corny as it is, it was a journey.

what you might learn might be something, might be nothing, but it changes you. don't give up mang.
>>
>>19059265
In summation.. suicide is in no way avoiding any issues.. I guarantee it will compound the current ones and add many more for you and those you were involved with. (their spirit relies on you for their own tasks as well)
>>
>>19059206
>>19059252
I think the point is to get through it all. Each soul has a mission, it's no accident your life is bad. There are obstacles we have to face and to reach your mission you have to set up the situation so you can actually experience it and learn from it. Killing yourself wouldn't solve it, you'd just start over.

Hang in there anon. Your soul's purpose is to find the light in the darkness and share it with humanity and the great beyond.
>>
>>19059265
>>19059275
Look, I don't deny that that might be true for a lot of people. But in my case, it's objectively true that it's too late for me to ever do what I wanted with my life. I just don't see the point of going on with a substandard life because of some sense of obligation. I'd just spend the whole time thinking about how I can't fucking wait to die and start over.

My issues are physical. There is no "dealing with them". They're not going away unless I get a new body. I'm sure that now you're going to tell me I'm supposed to learn to be happy despite my issues, but fuck that. Why the fuck should I have to settle for a miserable life where I'll always feel incomplete?

And as for people I'm involved with? I'm not involved with anyone. I live in complete isolation. There's nothing and no one for me in this world.
>>
>>19059293
This is a good point..

if you were to suicide you would likely find yourself in the same situation again in another life down the road..

and that's after dealing with the torment of throwing this life away
>>
>>19059299
>And as for people I'm involved with? I'm not involved with anyone. I live in complete isolation. There's nothing and no one for me in this world.
If that were true, anon, we wouldn't be talking right now.. so I deserve a "touche"

You have no clue the utter immensity of each of our existences. The reach we all have.. each one of us envelopes the entire Earth with our influence.

If it were not for any single one of us, things could be very different. I'm not saying they have to be, they could be very similar.. but point is, they WOULD absolutely be different.

And yes. You are supposed to overcome despite anything you perceive to be a raw deal. This is the ultimate test of character.. especially if you weren't born with your physical ailments.

You do whatever you feel compelled to do. I am just assuring you, it isn't the right choice. It will not bring you an ounce of relief and I promise you it will do the exact opposite.
>>
>>19059314
>And yes. You are supposed to overcome despite anything you perceive to be a raw deal
I just told you that this isn't something I can overcome, unless you define "overcome" as "be happy with the fact that I'm a defective, inferior, incomplete non-person". You'd basically be telling me to just know my place and accept my status as a lesser being.

Let's say I do what you suggest. Let's say I go on despite everything. That won't change the fact that the very first thing I'll do if/when I show up in the afterlife is demand to have the problems fixed or fix them myself if I can. It'll be like this life never happened. It's the same end result either way, with the only difference being how much I'll suffer along the way.
>>
>>19059354
And you know what? Since I know you're going to ask, I'll just tell you exactly what's wrong:

Accident as a teenager. Basically destroyed my penis and ended my sex life before it ever began. Had to watch helplessly as what should have been the best years of my life passed me by while I suffered in indescribable isolation. About to turn 31. Too late for even a miracle cure to help, because being outside of humanity for so long means I'll never feel right around people. I'll always be a teenager trapped in an adult body.
>>
>>19059354
This is all a choice you have made and can still change your mind about.

If you have decided that you can't be happy, then of course you won't. But it is a decision.

It sounds to me like you don't understand what a "complete" person is.

You are only lesser because you choose to view yourself that way.. believe it or not you chose all of this for yourself on some spiritual level because you are obviously missing something or stuck on something else.

>It's the same end result either way, with the only difference being how much I'll suffer along the way.
It is whatever result you choose.

What I keep stressing is that committing suicide and powering through will NOT be the same end result.

Ignore the notion if you want.. I understand in your current state it is extremely tempting.. but suicide will COMPOUND your issues.. not provide any relief.

At the end of the day you set your own spiritual limit. Choose to be miserable and you will be.. but trust me bud.. there's plenty of people out there who have overcome their physical impediments.. up to and including a complete lack of limbs.

So please.. no matter how bad you have it, it could always get worse.. and giving up isn't admirable.. overcoming is.

Not that you care to be admired.. I understand.. but you WILL judge yourself.. trust me you will be your own worst judge.

It's something I'm afraid of, myself, but I am learning and growing every day.. and I understand that my thinking can change and so can I. I can choose to be a procrastinating depressed shithead.. or I can change myself in a way that I would admire in somebody else.
>>
>>19059376
meditate. Could have been a reason it happened and it may have been to keep you away from the world. Maybe you're destined for greater things.
>>
>>19059376
While I can't say that I understand your situation even remotely.. I can say that I was petrified of sex and feeling that I'd be bad at it and blah blah.. I was a virgin until I was 20.. thought I would be the 40 year old virgin..

Honestly I had it up on a pedestal where it didn't belong.

I understand it's a driving force of life that you can't participate in and that makes you feel incomplete.. but trust me.. there's other ways to be passionate.

Spend all your time on dwelling and what ifs and you are just wasting your life.

I believe on some spiritual level your soul felt this situation was necessary for something.. you may think that's sadistic or couldn't possibly fathom any lesson worth learning in such a way..

But until we understand things fully.. we can't appreciate the entire gravity of our being.

I'm not going to say you shouldn't be upset or feel any sort of sorrow for your situation.. of course that is natural..

but you either find something else that makes you feel worth living for.. or don't.

It's your life. I really hope you find what you need.

But I can't tell you that.. nobody but yourself can.

If you feel like you need to commit suicide.. well you wouldn't be the first, last.. or first to have a positive experience after suicide (I guarantee it's unimaginably negative)
>>
I did a past life regression once, it was interesting. I was apparently some sort of craftsman with a ground floor workshop that I lived above in a halftimbered seaside house in a little town in late 19th century Norway. I wasn't able to see myself or other people, just look around where I lived.

I still think it was probably just a self induced conscious dream rather than anything real but it was so vivid. I would recognise the town again if I saw it
>>
Which one of you did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdhtuHoif54
>>
>>19056339
Really hard to believe
>>
>>19056339
I know for a fact it isn't. I almost died once and saw the other end of the tunnel, was a cat briefly. You wouldn't believe how bright they see things
>>
>>19053838
Once I was at home alone and I was watching a documentary about a Russian tank squad back in WWII once I saw some real footage I thought to myself "I know that guy what was his name" and then they got talking about the last battle of the tank squad after I got up to get some beer I saw real footage of the tank getting destroyed I was standing up but I collapsed on to the floor and started crying in the fetal position images where flash by my eyes from inside that tank I could feel the fires burning and the crew trying to protect the ammunition from catching fire I remember turning around in the images before it exploded and it went back I went to a psychologist where flashbacks and he thought I had a past life as one of the crew the driver to be specific I went to see a psychic that he recommended me and she said that I described the deaths disturbingly accurate and she told me to visit a grave at cemetery in Moscow and I found in the exact location the grave of a man named Dmitry maracov and in the grave it said "went up in flames with his buddies" translated to English of course I decided to touch the head stone and again I broke down and started having those flashbacks the most disturbing thing is that he died in December 4th 1944 when the documentary takes place I'm 21 now and I visit the grave every day and look at pictures of my past self
>>
>>19059724
My English is not that good I tried writing in Russian but it said to use the English language so yeah
>>
File: feels.jpg (149KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
149KB, 800x800px
>>19056326

>tfw no soulmate
>>
>>19059688
>This

Your biological form just keeps energy within and helps organize it. The Energy itself manifests in literally every dimension of existence. Because the base components are... Nothing and Everything.
>>
>>19059816
Best part is, your body isn't dead physical matter. It's also just highly organized energy. Particles are made of energy. Everything is literally energy. But the most important part, is that your thoughts are quite literally energy. And everything that happens leaves a permanent ripple in existence.
>>
>>19059816
>>19059819
So to summarize, YOU are energy. A rock is Energy. If you can find a way to get your brain to fluctuate your natural electromagnetic field put off by your nervous system to match up with the rocks. You can interface and become one with the rock. At least Neurologically simulating Rock.
>>
>>19059728
Protip: Use punctuation.
>>
So how do different "lives" work?

Are you literally the same person physically and personality wise being reborn or do you change with each life?
>>
>>19059932
There's cycles. Like something always switches to reverse each life, male/female, white/negro, human/animal, rich/poor, introvert/extrovert, often as ironic punishment for previous misdeeds.
>>
>>19059939
>I'll become a black female in my next life

SHEEEEEEIT
>>
I'm glad there have been threads about this topic lately. Not sure how to articulate this but here's my experience:

I have, or suffer from what you could call an opiate addiction/dependency but I have it more under control now than I have at points over the last dozen years. While under strong influence, either sleeping or "nodding out" I truly experience what I can only describe as moments and scenes from past lives, whether or not I am the same soul or part of it I can't tell most of the time. I remember names, and I know everything about the people I see in my dreams, their histories, families, traits, as if they're part of my everyday life, from different periods in time, most seeming to occur around the 1920's to the 1970's from what I can tell. Often my dreams will haunt me for hours up to weeks afterwards, not that they're overly traumatic, just the vividness of them. I get a VERY strong signal from what I think is WWII, a bittersweet longing that a few pictures I've seen trigger, the one in particular is of a man standing on a rooftop mocking Hitler and everyone around him laughing. I've actually seen it posted on /his/ a few times and my grandpa has it in one of his documentary books, the picture has always affected me. Whatever I'm getting off track. Collective consciousness IS real, and I think past lives and memories are simply part of our instinctual structure, some people are just able to channel it and are able to use and understand that part of their brains more effectively.
>>
>>19053838
My daughter, when very young also told me she had "picked me out". She said she looked at me and saw that I was sad and needed a baby and would be a good mommy. She also said she tried to come to live with me "before", but had to wait. I had multiple miscarriages before managing to give birth to her. I never told her about that until she was much, much older. She also used to say the name Sasha. She said it all the time before she was capable of conversation, and if we said it back to her, she would smile and nod and look extremely pleased. We never knew anyone by that name. Tried to ask her about it later, but she didn't remember it. It was odd to say the least.
>>
>>19059416
>>19059434
Don't you fuckers draw ANY fucking lines? Is there nothing that would make you say life isn't worth living?

You have no idea how much I've suffered. The shame, the humiliation, the solitude, the complete separation from anything positive. And all people like you can tell me is to just decide not to feel bad about it. Well, how about you decide to go fuck yourselves. You could say that shit to fucking anyone. "Oh, you were locked in a dungeon for the first fifteen years of your life? Just change how you feel about it! You've been rendered a quadriplegic? It's not so bad. Don't put being able to actually do things up on a pedestal!"

I hope something equally bad fucking happens to both of you, something that YOU can't just change your feelings about, and then I hope that YOU have to put up with people spewing this shit at you. Maybe that's the lesson YOU need to fucking learn.
>>
>>19059932
I'd compare it to playing lots of different video games. You play various different characters in different situations, and then you turn the system off and go do other stuff if you want. Earth is basically an MMO being run on a holodeck, with everyone's memories temporarily suppressed for maximum immersion.
>>
>>19061260
I suggest dying in battle. If you have to die don't die for nothing, die for something
>>
apparently when I was also about 3, my mom told me I would walk around the house going, "I'm an old man" and pretend to walk with a cane. When my mom questioned me about it I apparently told her I was an old man who was sent to search for a new family after my other one left me. I would say this has some coincidences to your story OP, apparently a lot of kids are aware at like 3 years old
>>
>>19061435
Yeah I recall when I was 3 I was talking with other 3 year olds talking about how the magic and all and memories of before stop after 3, I remember looking at the grass and it was like I'd be on acid as an adult and promised myself I would never forget, and I never did
>>
>>19053838
desu reincarnation might just be one of the shittiest afterlife theories there is, who the fuck wants to keep doing this shit over and over?
>>
>>19061460
Haha nobody. The ride never ends. Now you know why Buddha came up with the concept of nirvana which is basically non-existence
>>
>>19059252
Dont do it anon. No matter how bad things seem, the awful things you feel now will be magnified to a cosmic scale if you take your own life. And it will follow you into whatever is next.
>>
>>19053838

I said the same stuff when i was a kid. Also asked my mom if i might be a girl in my next life when i was 3 or so.
>>
>>19061260
have you ever thought about looking into organ transplants? there was a person who got a face transplant last year, maybe the doctors who did that could help you out.
>>
>>19061539
How do you know that?
>>
How can i remember my past life? i have no idea how to start.
>>
>>19061919
He doesn't, just talking Chuni shit. If you want it to end we all knows there is only one way to make it end...
>>
>>19061930
Smoke a big bowl.
>>
File: 1420771021935.jpg (29KB, 408x295px) Image search: [Google]
1420771021935.jpg
29KB, 408x295px
>>19061933

Been smoking weed since 2007 but never had such an experience.
>>
>>19061943
Then you don't have a past life and you are a newly created soul.
>>
>>19061947

Ah, that explains allot. thanks mate <3
>>
>>19053838
I've heard a few cases of that, too. Kids talking about choosing their parents and stuff. There's that one case of the kid who seemed to be a reincarnated WWII fighter pilot, and I think that whole discovery began when he told his father "I knew I'd love being your son and you'd love being my dad, so that's why I chose you." I've even seen some stories of stuff like kids talking to their parents about past lives where their roles were reversed, saying stuff like "Remember that time when I was big and you were little, and that thing happened?" Apparently some people think that we often travel through our incarnations with people we've known from the beginning, who are part of our "soul group". We keep meeting up in our new lives, and switching the roles around is something we frequently do. That was a new concept for me.

>Tying in with her story however, I have looked up other stories and they are pretty similar. A man in a suit, picking out a family, etc almost like grocery shopping from what i've read. This seems like an inbetween of dying and being born if your soul isn't ready for heaven.
I'm not sure it's necessarily because your soul isn't "ready". From what I've read, it might also be that we're reincarnating of our own volition instead of being forced into it.
>>
>>19053848
>I hear kids can remember their past lives rather well because they are still adjusting to the new one.
I've heard similar things. They've just come from the place between lives, so they can remember it clearly, and then they forget it as they get older. Another explanation is that very young children still haven't been taught that things like past lives aren't real.
>>
>>19059803
>tfw even if your soulmate did show up, you'd push them away because you hate yourself so much that you think you don't deserve anyone
>>
>>19054044
Some other good sources:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1874/whats-the-scoop-on-edgar-cayce-the-sleeping-prophet
>>
>>19061539
>No matter how bad things seem, the awful things you feel now will be magnified to a cosmic scale if you take your own life. And it will follow you into whatever is next.
Why does that happen? Is there someone on the other side that makes it happen? If there is, why didn't they step in to help me before I was driven to suicide? Why do they only show up when it's time to torture me?

>>19061620
Couldn't afford it. Even if I could, I don't think I could live with it. It wouldn't feel like it was really me. Same reason I couldn't live with being dependent on Cialis or something - too humiliating, and having to work hard specifically to get money for that would cause such shame that I'd still never be able to actually enjoy sex even if it became physically possible. I'm sure that now you're going to tell me I'm just being stubborn and I should be happy just to be able to physically have sex, but it doesn't work that way. You might as well be telling me I have my choice of any man in the world to fuck me in the ass. Yeah, great, but that's worthless to me because I'm not gay. Everyone says that sex is in the mind as much as in the body, but apparently I'm supposed to just remove my mind from the equation. I'm not allowed to have a psychological component to sex, I'm just supposed to take what I can get physically, and I'm not allowed to ever say "not good enough".
>>
>>19063477
>Apparently some people think that we often travel through our incarnations with people we've known from the beginning, who are part of our "soul group". We keep meeting up in our new lives, and switching the roles around is something we frequently do.

I actually find this concept quite comforting. Like a previous anon said earlier we rely on other souls to complete our own tasks. It's nice to know that the bond we have with our parents, our siblings, our children, our close friends, or significant others aren't all just "by chance", they are real and are meant to be.
>>
>>19065440
I know how that feels
Every mystical experience or déjà vu moment just makes me feel like I'm being taunted
>oh yeah ancient powers are totally a thing!
>More than meets the eye!
>odessey is coming soon I swear it!
>everything you've been told is a lie!

But then it never comes and I'm just proven right
Every
Fucking
Time

There's no secret cults the people in power are just selfish and incompetent
all the religions of the world should just form "the order" already
And you need MONEY to make your dreams come true not hope
Everyone can hope.
>>
File: 1489643568651m.jpg (205KB, 1024x596px) Image search: [Google]
1489643568651m.jpg
205KB, 1024x596px
>>19053838
Letting your belief system depend on the baby talk of a toddler remembering a dream she had. Sad.
>>
I don't know if I believe in it. But my grandmother said that when I was a toddler, I turned to her and said I was [her mother] using the woman's name.
>>
>>19059301
>and that's after dealing with the torment of throwing this life away
If someone's at the point of killing themselves, I don't think they'll be very tormented about "throwing away" a shitty life.
>>
>>19066101
Making a post that reads like a Donald Trump tweet. Sadder.
>>
>>19067415
Lurk for two years before posting.
>>
>>19059724
Holy. Shit. I would Kill. To hear more.
>>
>>19061260
Neither of the two. If I can add-
All of us are unique in our own ways. I'm tall. My mom is fat. My best friend has 3 fingers on one hand, and is a COP. These are all random characteristics, which could have either positive or negatively benefitted us in life. Won't know till it's done. I won't let these individualistic characteristics that I have define me for the time being. We're the same age. Too much time ahead of us. Imagine shitting through the side of your torso into a bag every night. Life could be worse. Fuck your shitty dick. It's just a characteristic.
>>
>>19066101
The dude saw something occur irl and chooses to believe it. People have died since the dawn of modern times over a fucking book. Perspective, faggot
>>
>>19061930
You could try some of those Youtube videos that people mentioned earlier. Search for "past life hypnosis" or something like that.
>>
>>19067655
>Fuck your shitty dick. It's just a characteristic.
No. It's the total destruction of my fucking quality of life, you ignorant fuck. I hope you get fucking paralyzed or something and then have someone tell you "Fuck your dead legs. They're just a characteristic."
>>
>>19067655
>Life could be worse.
You could say that to literally anyone about literally fucking anything. It's fucking ridiculous. I guess no one has any right to ever be upset about anything then, huh, unless no one can even imagine anything that could conceivably be worse? Why don't we just stop prosecuting murderers and tell the victim's family "Hey, it could be worse. They could have killed you, too."

Oh, you were raped? Could be worse. Suck it up.

Victim of a botched circumcision? Could be worse. Stop complaining.

etc.

Just how bad do a person's problems have to be before you think they deserve to actually be upset, oh enlightened one?
>>
You know, maybe in my past life, I was one of the people who said "It could be worse" and arrogantly dismissed the suffering of people who wanted to kill themselves, and now I'm here to learn what a fucking prick I was. Well, lesson fucking learned.
>>
Fuck a soulmate. I just want to die and start my next life.
>>
>>19069202
Thank you for that.
Christians love to hide behind the whole "it could be worse" rhetoric
"there are people starving around the world" "look at this guy with no legs, he still gets more done than you and with a smile on his face" "and you can't even get up in the morning to face your shitty life, send us your money hallelujah"
>>
Shut the fuck up about your stupid suicide whining, make your own thread and let people talk about reincarnation in peace
>>
I came to this planet because my soulmate got stuck here, have found her in past lives, but over time got lost. I've been doing everything in my power to get us off this rock.
>>
>>19069293
That's so weird. That happened to me too. Except in this life, we know each other. We even met. She fucking hates me and doesn't want to be with me, which means my life has no meaning anymore. I hope I die soon. I want a new soulmate.
>>
>>19069202
You're always allowed to be sad, for christs sake, noone's saying any less.

You want to kill yourself because you not having a dick and it's consequences makes you feel like there's nothing for you in life? Like your "meaning" has been stripped?

Guess what. There is no fucking meaning but the one you make, and if you tie it to what you lost then of course you're going to be sad.

What these people are trying to tell you is to find something else to live for. Find something else that's worth living for, there almost always is. And if you can't find that, try to atleast find something to die for.

Again, you're allowed to be sad, angry, upset or whatever else to your own heart's content, but commiting suicide because of it is non-sequitur.

"It could be worse" means "You could have it tougher to find something else".
>>
>>19059376
I bet medicinal technology will soon be able to help people more than before.
But as you say that feeling of lateness will always be there. I wish you luck dude, that is one backbreaking cross. I can't wait for medical implants and body modification to finally be accepted and developed appropriately.
>>
>>19069268
this pls
>>
I did one of the past life hypnosis video posted earlier and the only thing I know is that I had on tan leather oxfords and was a male.
>>
>>19059376
I bet you like it up the pooper though, amiright?
>>
>>19071136
i like to pitch
>>
>>19070586
you were gay, i knew it
>>
>>19059252
but... it will get even WORSE if you kill yourself.

that's like saying "i have a headache and i want it to go away. since i already have a headache, i might as well go headbang at a heavy metal concert"

use your logic, man
>>
>Reincarnation as most people know it is a relatively recent concept created by Westerners who didn't understand Eastern doctrines correctly or interpreted them in a way that would fit their egalitarian political viewpoints.
>Reincarnation is a metaphysical impossibility for reasons that'd be too complex for me to explain here.
>Reincarnation isn't the same as Metempsychosis, which is an actual idea you can find in multiple ancient traditions, from India to Greece.
>Metempsychosis states that the same way your physical body breaks down after death and dissolves back into nature, some elements of your psyche like memories, feelings or aspects of your personality can actually be passed down to another human after the destruction of your Ego.
>The Ego isn't the same as the Self, the Self is the only immortal part of a human and after death the Self transmigrates into another state of being continuing its existence in the eternal cycle of Manifestation.
>Source: The Siritualist Error, René Guénon
>>
>>19061260
Your anger towards variables you have no control over in your life is your lesson you need to learn. If you kill yourself you'll still need to learn your lesson. Given how you responded to youyour hypothetical death by saying you'd make demands towards your god to fix you means you still don't understand your lesson.

If you kill yourself you will only end up coming back suffering twice as hard to ensure your lesson is learned. Likely as a vegetable or suffer from extreme retardation so you are forced to learn your lesson instead of looking for a way out
>>
>>19072472
Proof please on how you are so enlightened. You are here with the rest of us after all.
>>
>>19069293
ARE YOU HAWKMAN
>>
>>19072477
I'm here to help people who are lost or scared or confused and guide them towards their purpose. I discovered my purpose long ago and need to help others do the same.

I can guarantee you your purpose is not to kill yourself. If you forego your purpose you not only shun the lessons meant for yourself, but you damn other souls connected to you relying on the presence of your soul for purpose.
>>
I am both dead and alive what am eye ?
>>
>>19072486
What was your purpose anon?

What is mine?
>>
>>19053838
Means the souls just recycles thru bodies in a infinite void ?
>>
>>19072486
How did you find your purpose?
>>
>>19073506
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1459557126880.jpg (969KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1459557126880.jpg
969KB, 2048x1365px
afterlifedata dot com, it may seem like a site full of bullshit or whatever but I've had (admittedly all anecdotal) many conversations with people that claim to be mediums/psychics/clairvoyants that attest to what is on that site, my mother being one of those people. interpret it how you will but in my own personal life I've seen enough evidence and had enough experiences that have made me believe the majority of what is on there. As for reincarnation I agree with >>19063477. Everyone that has decided to reincarnate has done so with a set of goals to accomplish during this current life with certain people, most of whom we've had multiple lives with. For example, I've learned through many meditation sessions and readings with my mother and other 'mediums' that in many of my past lives I've committed suicide and that my lesson this time around is to learn to love myself for who I am and to complete at least one life without ending it early. I have much more to say on the subject along with suicide, I'd love to have a good conversation on the subject with anyone that is willing. Once again this is all based on my personal experience so take it as you will.
>>
>>19072472
>Likely as a vegetable or suffer from extreme retardation so you are forced to learn your lesson instead of looking for a way out

I don't think you'd be very capable of learning anything if you were a vegetable, or 'extremely' retarded.
>>
File: wish I didn't know.jpg (23KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
wish I didn't know.jpg
23KB, 480x270px
I wonder what are the requeriments to be reborn. Do the soul need the right planet aligment to match it's energy/karma? Can you incarnate only on your genetic and energetic descendants? How many times can a soul go through this? What about the absurd quantity of people who die in wars and such?

Anyway, I fear my next death might be my final, because i'm a

>piece of shit loveless weakling beta male

And the worst I ever heard is that when a woman is "de-virginated" she will bear the said "de-virginator" soul line instead of yours. So basically you're cucked at the spiritual level because women are whores and purity actually might mean something.

What sounded like the possiblity for eternal life now sounds more like very finite life+plus humiliation. The kind of shit man was not mean't to know and could shatter societal structures. Or maybe great material for a religion, at least.

TL;DR: Get yourself a virgin no matter what and fuck her silly, seriously. You might get yourself in prison and reincarnate as a girl with a karma to be raped or something, but at least you secured eternity. Or not, maybe you're just a crazy pervert who believes in mysticism, who knows.
>>
>>19076318
It's like this whole post was written by a 14 year old.

>>19076010
I'm more in line with this anon, however I'm still torn on the reality of free will. If souls go into lives seeking to fulfill something, then certainly some sort of precognition is required on the soul's part to know that those events are reached. If that's the case, then free will would be a nearly impossible concept, if not outright infeasible.

Didn't bother to read that site though.
>>
>>19076157
All a vegetable can do is meditate on their current situation.

I agree with the retard part though, constantly in a state of ignorant bliss.
>>
>>19073132
>>19074464
These
>>
File: 1467026423491.jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467026423491.jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
>>19076445
I'm that anon, free will is a very interesting thing. From what I've been told over the years our spirit guides (or whatever you want to call them) and the more advanced souls(as in, they are older and wiser and have had more incarnations than most) give us a sort of 'counseling' after death. From my understanding when we die we are given an orientation of sorts to better acclimate, or be reintroduced, to the afterlife. During this we are given what my mother calls a 'life review', where we are counseled by our elders and shown what we could have done better or what we did to accomplish our life lessons. Mind you, this isn't a judgement but caring way of helping us advance. After this we then decide if we want to reincarnate to help further spiritual growth through life lessons or if we want to stay and reflect on our past lives and further interact with our 'spirit family'(the spirits/beings that we have had multiple lives with). I think that ultimately free will still exists, it's just that we sort of bury our true purpose within our subconscious and aren't necessarily aware of it, thus making it seem like we aren't given a choice on what we do and that our 'destinies' are what guide us. Once again this is just my personal opinion/belief that's been formed over the years from countless experiences, I don't expect anyone to truly believe me. For the record, I don't think there is necessarily a 'heaven and hell' but a universal afterlife that we gather in, almost like a separate dimension.
Also, I can't blame you for not reading it, I only did because I was curious about the afterlife when I was close to killing myself, then I started learning everything that I've been posting.
>>
All past lives are your past lives. All future lives are your future lives. We are meant to experience everything.
>>
>>19058992
670 AD Macedonia, I was an orphan who joined the army
>>
Can someone explain reincarnation to me in video game terms? When I die, will I be starting new game+ or erasing my save file and starting fresh?
>>
>>19072335
>reincarnation isn't metaphysically possible
>here's an equally metaphysical idea that is

huh? thanks for nothing rene
>>
>>19072478
Yeah I guess so
>>
>>19078059
Basically you'll be starting a new game but keep the saved files. Like one level (read: life) to the next, until you finish the game.

Think of Sonic. As you keep running, you get to checkpoints, so when you die you start back there. These "checkpoints" are basically what you have already learned/missions that you have completed. You start a fresh life but you don't have to go through everything all over again, you just move on to your other lessons and missions. If you suicide yourself you'll have to restart that particular life/lesson/mission all over again, but you'll still be starting at that checkpoint.
>>
My parents said I did a lot of weird shit when I was a very little kid, and my mom said I was "sensitive" to things, but I'm not so sure about that. I can distinctly remember saying things like this to my mom and dad when I was little, but I think it was mostly just me using my imagination. This sounds a little more in depth than what I said back then, but I dunno'. Could be the same.
>>
My mom would get drunk at night and tell me I was an old soul
>>
>>19080320
Mine does the same thing
>>
>>19069293
No getting off this rock. It's a prison or a Paradise depending on your point of view.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faGPybcRIAs
>>
>>19072824
A seeker. You will know the price you pay.
>>
>>19053838
I find this particular phenomenon interesting because the kids are consistently making similar statements, and they're doing it completely unprompted and with a very low likelihood that they've been exposed to any information about things like reincarnation. I don't know where they'd get the idea to say things like that unless they really are remembering their "life between lives".
>>
>>19056339
I agree with this anon. Not attempting to instigate, I legitimately believe it's over when we die. No reincarnation.
>>
>>19061260
Would you feel better hearing it from someone who has it worse than you? Because we exist. Many who have it worse than you would also tell you to 'hang in there' and try to grow from your circumstances.
>>
>>19058992
I just got the memory that I was sitting on a rock in a forest and was admiring the twilight, looking at downhill at the forest, with my family around
I was barefoot, with some tribal clothes on my legs and an animal skin as coat, I also brought with me a spear
Probably I had brown hair and some rough features like a neanderthal or similar
The forest was very green and European style, had coastal features and no snow
Could see some campfires lights away
>>
everyone interested in this should read 'Journey of Souls'

super relevant

I want to get regressed by a hypnotherapist so i can start to figure out what i'm here to do and why it's so hard for me to move past certain things
>>
>>19054044
Not OP, but thanks for the links.
>>
>>19061260
Self pity, there is your issue.
Learn to overcome it, make it your life goal,
Hey, maybe this was your life lesson to begin with.
Its up to you.
>>
>>19069434
So according to you, no one is ever allowed to not want to go on. No pain is too great, no problem too severe, where they could say "I'd rather die than live like this" and you wouldn't say "No. Just find some other reason to live. Why don't you try not being despondent?"

Once again, I reiterate my hope that *you* suffer something that you can't just forget about and find something else to live for, and that you then have to put up with people saying to you what you're saying to me. I guarantee you, there *is* something that would make you feel that way. Everyone has a weakness, a breaking point, at least one thing that can fucking destroy them. I guarantee you that you are not fucking immune to that.

>>19072116
>but... it will get even WORSE if you kill yourself.
How? And why?

>>19072472
>Your anger towards variables you have no control over in your life is your lesson you need to learn. If you kill yourself you'll still need to learn your lesson. Given how you responded to youyour hypothetical death by saying you'd make demands towards your god to fix you means you still don't understand your lesson.
What the fuck does this mean? Is my lesson to just learn to eat shit and like it? Am I supposed to learn to not be upset at injustices? Am I supposed to learn to let the world shit on me and say "Yay! Thanks! I love being shit on!" Am I supposed to reach a state of mind where I'd reach the afterlife and say "You know what? Don't fix me! I want to be sexless for all eternity! Woo-hoo, I'm a drone! I fucking love being completely deprived of a major human experience! Hey, why don't you blind me, too!"

Anger is a natural response to being unfairly shit on or being trapped in situations that fuck you over.

>learn your lesson instead of looking for a way out
So basically, "Take your beatings and don't resist."

How fucking divorced from reality are you that you don't see how fucked up your statements are?
>>
>>19053838
Time Travel and The Men in Black.
The Men in Black work with Saint Michael.
They are capable of Godly things and have no governmental affiliation.
They are men, chosen by Angels to work for God (existence) in ways that no country could be trusted to.
They report directly to Angels.
They are capable of Time Travel and Teleportation without machines and much more, like Perception Filtering.
Love that girl, and make sure he does as well. Protect her as you would your own.
Though, its possible that memories were altered to allow her into your lives, i wouldn't care. By this i mean, treat her like the Angel she is and raise her well.
God is.
>>
>>19056339
This.
Anybody who says otherwise is wrong.
Jesus Christ himself said that there is one life, and also that death is not natural >Thanks Adam and Eve
>>
>>19087196
why the fuck is this guy still here
>>
>>19087335
No, he said there is birth, then death, then judgement. All of that is true. The judgement determines your next body.
>>
>>19069268
Amen
>>
I've always had an intense fascination with Franz Ferdinand archduke of Austria. I don't remeber when this started but i remeber having dreams when i was a child of me riding in an old style car with some girl next to me then hearing pops. I'd later wake up thinking it was a bad dream or something. Around 7th grade i learned a lot about WW1 and sorta became an expert on it and Franz's life. I've always felt like we'd had a connection despite him being decades older than me and dead. Is there a plausibility I could be reincarnated from him into me today or am i just edgy and crazy?
>>
>>19088064
It's possible, but I wouldn't go out of my way and assume it unless you somehow knew something only he could
>>
>>19088095
Eveeything I've read about him I've predicted or knew before i even saw or heard anything. No way i could prove I know anything no one else knows since everyone he knew is dead and his living relatives are too old and or to young to even rhough their blood ia shared with the man who's live was lost to kick start the great war.
>>
>>19088111
Well there you have your answer.
>>
>>19059939
I seriously doubt humans reincarnate animals. I would even go as far as to say animals have different souls or maybe they don't even have any.
>>
>>19087196
>So according to you, no one is ever allowed to...

I never said this nor implied it. You're allowed whatever you can physically (or spiritually) accomplish. What I'm saying is that whatever breaking point you've found isn't anything that you, as an agent of radical freedom, can move with. If you decide it's your breaking point, then that's your breaking point and you could kill yourself because that's somehow better (even though terms like better or worse can't be applied to something that by definition does not exist). I'm not trying to dictate for you what to do, or put any rules down. All I'm trying to do is give advice. You say you hope I'll experience a breaking point so I can understand you, and maybe it's true that I can't fully grasp what you're going through/have gone through. But despite that, my ADVICE for you is to keep pushing and find something to strive for. Maybe, just maybe, you'll find something that isn't broken by your breaking point.

Ps. The world, and it's people, isn't your enemy.
>>
>>19088455
>isn't anything you CAN'T move with *
>>
>>19088127
Why not? What makes us so special? We're just smart(er) animals, still dumb imo. Souls have zero to do with intelligence, that is dependent on the brain.
>>
>Try one of those "past life hypnosis" videos on YouTube
>Everything going well, following the directions in the video
>Suddenly become extremely frustrated and angry out of nowhere, shut the video off and pace around the room I'm that mad

I'm guessing this is a bad sign
>>
>>19059069

Why the fuck would avians live underground you moron?

This board is gay as fuck.
>>
>>19053838
Ty for making this thread OP.

My son (11 now) told a story just like this when he was just about to turn 4. Bugged me tf out. But I definitely looked into it. And have read one of your sources before.
>>
>>19088825
>This board is gay as fuck.

You're only just realizing this, dude?
>>
>>19088825
Kek. hehehe. No I came from the sky and I went underground for some reason, probably cause I was gay. No but seriously I did was an avian underground. Inner Earth and all that stuff, though I only remember the tunnels that possibly lead to that place if it
>>
https://discord.gg/mJsApVD /x/cord
>>
File: Husky in the snow.jpg (466KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Husky in the snow.jpg
466KB, 3000x1688px
>>19088127
People have had NDEs where they met their dead pets. I read one story where a woman described seeing a bunch of animals playing and then stopping for a moment to look at her. Apparently she was told that they were checking to see if she was the person they were waiting for. I'd say that if we have souls, animals have them as well. If souls exist, there is no way that dogs don't have them.
>>
>>19059825
>So to summarize, YOU are energy. A rock is Energy. If you can find a way to get your brain to fluctuate your natural electromagnetic field put off by your nervous system to match up with the rocks. You can interface and become one with the rock. At least Neurologically simulating Rock.
so how many people have done this before and can prove it? none? weird...
>>
>>19083056
The concept of existence sandwiched between two eternities seems absurd
>>
I'm almost certain I lived in Kowloon walled city in my past life. When I first read about it and saw pictures, something felt all to familiar, I've also had dreams of industrial asian slums a lot
>>
https://discord.gg/mJsApVD /x/cord
>>
>>19088064
>Franz Ferdinand
Do you look similiar?
>>
>>19088687

egoic self-defense reaction. if your ego is ever forced to confront information suggesting that it's not the primary self, it is tantamount to dying.
>>
>>19087196
Not many of us can imagine what you've been through but as some of us have said, it could be worse. Surely there's something you're passionate about unless you've just been too busy stagnating in your misery to be thinking about those kinds of things, which is understandable. When the pain seems unbearable, it breaks you and it becomes difficult to empathize with others and comprehend how our fates are governed by extradimensional/cosmic processes that we don't fully understand yet. Find a way to bring meaning into other people's lives. The stronger the impact, the more meaningful it will be. It won't bring you the kind of joy that an orgasm will but it will enrich both of your lives in some way and to some degree. You're clearly bitter about the hand that you were dealt--you don't seem like a terrible person since you were willing to pour your heart out but some of the things you say aren't very nice and you shouldn't wish sufferance upon others. That in and of itself is your folly, but it doesn't have to be that way. Yes, everyone has a breaking point but if you were given a remote control to shape reality to your liking, you wouldn't know how to be, and that's what they're trying to say when they tell you that there's a lesson you need to learn or a reason that it happened.
>>
File: alex-kapranos-11-05-12[1].jpg (27KB, 660x536px) Image search: [Google]
alex-kapranos-11-05-12[1].jpg
27KB, 660x536px
>>19088064
The music he made is amazing. Take Me Out is so good. Do you have an affinity for music too? That'd probably be the defining answer to your question.

>>19090524
Also, ew. That old coot is not Franz Ferdinand. Pic related, he's way sexier.
>>
tfw you're the opposite gender in your past life and watch a little kid bleed out on the floor in a memory of yours and your own voice jumpscares you so bad you snap out of your meditation. 10/10
>>
>>19053838
Why would we reincarnate on earth? The universe is pretty large
>>
>>19069235
well are you dead yet?
>>
>>19093925
Earth is where 99.99999% of your karma is bound up.
>>
>>19093237
>opposite gender in your past life
I wonder how common that is. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if I were a woman in a past life. I have some pretty strong feminine personality traits.
>>
>>19094003
>tfw ascension/escaping the cycle is merely reincarnating on a different planet
>reincarnating as one of the shitty alien races or one of the less developed animal species that live on the planet of a shitty alien species

I want off this wild ride
>>
>>19094815
Im 99.9999% sure this is what happened to me. I think I died very very young in my last life because all the memories I've unlocked are up to like age 4 and I don't remember any of my own memories before that age from this life.

Either that or I've awakened the female aspect of my soul and I don't know how to cope with it. But I feel like I'm only half a person right now

I'm probably gonna start taking hormones and see how that effects my mind. I'll only start dressing as a girl if people start mistaking me for one again like when I was younger but I'm kinda fugly so ill just try to balance my masculine and feminine sides
>>
>>19094964
I'm not sure it's guaranteed that you'd end up as a shitty alien race. There are probably a lot of great alien races out there. The universe is infinitely large and has existed for billions of years, and humans have only been around for a hundred thousand years or so. There could be races out there that are millions, if not billions, of years ahead of us.

As for becoming an animal, I think only Hindus and Buddhists believe that's a thing that can happen.
>>
>>19090524
Not even close. I'm pure blooded mexican.
>>19092831
Wrong Franz, but "take me out" has been one of my favorite songs for years now.
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.