[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the earth is flat take a look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhXnoZZi8ZQ
>>
File: zz.jpg (144KB, 736x901px) Image search: [Google]
zz.jpg
144KB, 736x901px
We're well aware.
>>
>if people on the internet think i'm an idiot my purpose in life is fulfilled

t. OP
>>
>it's the lava is fake guy again
>>
File: 1495111212193.jpg (31KB, 303x566px) Image search: [Google]
1495111212193.jpg
31KB, 303x566px
>>19051933
This is such nonsense
but thanks for the keks
>>
I wish mods would delete these threads
It's pure trolling / slide threads

Remember to put sage in email field if you have to reply to cancer like this
>>
StupidMehio
>>
>>19051994
>Stop believing what I don't believe!!

What's ur pr0blem m8te?
>>
>>19052431

>If I post a shitty comment, my point will be proven!
>>
>>19051933
none of this makes sense :o
>>
>>19051933
Somebody actually took the time to design that graphic...
>>
>>19052550
Such is the struggle of flat earthers to prove theories which have absolutely no backing support except prejudice against fish eye lenses
>>
File: 1495364049027.png (24KB, 231x292px) Image search: [Google]
1495364049027.png
24KB, 231x292px
>>19051931
>the earth is flat
>if you say so....
>>
A lot of people seem to overestimate the curvature of the earth. the Earth is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to the size of the Earth. You have to be quite far up to see any real curvature, and weather balloons do not get nearly high enough.
>>
>>19054435
If an apple was the size of the earth, a carbon atom would be the size of that apple. Just fucking think about that immense difference for one second people
>>
Watch out for the Rapture SOON guys
>>
>>19054457

Do you think a person who has enough scientific experience to have any actual concept of the size of an individual atom is also going to be stupid enough to think the Earth is a flat plane cruising through space?

The biggest mistake people make when trying to understand flat earthers is ascribing rationality and intellect to them.
>>
flat earthers are just creationists and/or loons. Kind of interesting, it seems to be easier to convince people online the flat earth might be true then a "God" exists
>>
>>19051931
The top image would make the Earth way too small anyway, at that much curve you should be seeing whole countries.
>>
File: 1389075095625.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1389075095625.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
>>19051933
>Sun is hotter than fire
>>
>>19051931
You see that white curve at the top? that means the lens as been bent to a curve inverse to the white curve. You could do the same with any ball and make it look flat, retard,
>>
>>19051931
>the earth is flat
So is the line across your eyes.
>>
>>19055277
>rip english
>>
>>19054481
>>19055277
They also work backwards. Having a dumbass conclusion, then claiming any proof to its contrary is wrong.
>>
>>19051931
the point of a lens corrector is literally flattening round shapes

are you fucking retarded of course it will be flat if you use a lens corrector
>>
>>19051931
These nutty guys

>>19051983
No pun intended sir
>>
>>19051931

We used to lobotomize you people.
>>
This is a picture by NASA of the so called Black Knight satellite.
As you can see, the earth is a flat object with round sides.
Everyone wins.
>>
File: totally not flat.jpg (1MB, 4100x4096px) Image search: [Google]
totally not flat.jpg
1MB, 4100x4096px
>>19056769
forgot pic
>>
>>19056769
No expect the earth to be perfectly flat, it's not a 2d surface, the theory just proposes that it's not a globe.
>>
remember the time when people forced you to believe that jews are ok and german folks where evil? Its not like as if this never happened. After you saw what really was going on you would think, how easy it actually is to manipulate the mass into some nonsense. And as bigger the secret as bigger the group behind it.

so far, anons only got offended like little snowflakes as soon they faced some flat earth shit. Not one single anon took it to the table and looked at it. One would wonder why such a defense.
>>
>>19051931
The flat earth movement is nothing but a discrediting scheme to make money. First you make videos about flat earth then you make another video(s) on another channel to disprove it. It's a $$$ model.

Although they aren't entire false. Someone have the Illuminati card about flat earthers?
>>
I believe a lot of flat earthers are actually using the same rhetoric that Trump was accused of and later won him the election.
If you propose shallow topics, repeat your points, and spout inane bullshit in response to the opposition you will eventually crack their logic as you give them the run around due to fatigue of the point. It's like the old trope of a kid asking "why" until they get to their parent's understanding of how the universe and existence works, which ultimately reveals the flaws in their understanding.
They are truly genius in their stupidity.
>>
>>19056987
neck yourself
>>
>>19051931
Answer me this

You can observe a lot of planets with pretty simple tools here from earth. They are all spheres.

Why would the earth be the only planet that's flat? It just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>19057158
Pretty much.
>>
>>19051933
Please don't speak for /x/. When you say we, your speaking for a tiny percentage of legitimate posters with evidence. Because there is almost no evidence that doesn't get punched full of holes every time.
>>
>>19057579
Because if is was a sphere, life would fall of. There is no life on other planets. There can not be. They would fall of.

Do we grow because the universe is expanding? Is that why the landmass on the other side of the wall, we call Andartica, is endless? Because it is growing? Makes sense.
>>
>>19057680
The truly sad part about /x/ is that there really is a strong a chance of this being a person actually expressing their legitimate beliefs.
>>
>>19051931
I heard from a guy who had an internship at NASA that they created the fisheye lens to take pictures at high altitude so it would look like globe. He got kicked out within a week he told me the secret. I don't know if he is still alive, but I dream about him, so I am getting a bit scared know. In my dream he tells me they took him and under hypnosis he told them he told me about the secret. I dunno if it is safe to share this information. I hope you all will spread the word, so if I get killed too, at least someone knows what is really going on.
>>
>>19057710
My uncle works for Nintendo and he just told me there are assassins from the UN inside of your house right now. GET OUT.
>>
>>19057698
What do you mean? Do you need proof that you grow? And science says that the universe is expanding. That must be why history keeps getting bigger also.
When the Lord Jesus comes back, maybe history will collapse on itself and because of the wormhole is must create, the unforgiven will be sucked into that black hole and they are domed to stay there forever. It is true nothing can escape a black hole, right? God really knew the universe and know that that would happen. It's the only explanation.
>>
>>19057680
But at that point, aren't you just debating gravity anon? If you even just throw a ball in the air, it comes back down because of gravity. We don't fall off of the earth because of gravity.

And by that logic, any round planet would he completely devoid of any kind of rocks or loose matter lying on the ground.
>>
>>19057746
Oh, ok, you're just crazy.
>>
>>19057802
Maybe the rocks you see are fallen of another planet? Like an astroid. That can be possible. There are rocks in space. Where do you think they came from?
They fall from the planets.
>>
>>19057710
My brother's best friend from childhood just told my cousin that he knows a guy whose dad works as a greeter at Walmart and said the fish eye lens was created for increasing the visible range of a camera. 10 years before saying this he was given a ticket for speeding. I hope you will spread the word.
>>
>>19057852
So your brother 's best friend told something about the fisheye lens. What does Walmart has to do with anything?
Is your cousin a NASA employee?
>>
>>19057881
>obvious joke post about Walmart and speeding tickets and camera lenses
>takes it seriously

/x/ is really this fucking stupid ladies and gentlemen.
>>
When you make a joke and people don't see it is bait

>>19057710

This happens>>19057852

And then this>>19057915
>>
>>19057915
>/x/ is one person
>>
Posted this in another thread but shamelessly posting here too.

Conspiracies from 60s til the 00s
>shadow governments vying for power and setting up the game
>federal reserve is probably going to destroy the economy to their benefit
>military-industrial complex is staging false flags so they can benefit from endless war
>the FBI and ATF are killing people brutally to make super cool propaganda to put in Soldier of Fortune and intimidate preppers who believe these conspiracies
>UN, NATO and the EU are becoming what the Soviet Union was, stripping countries of their sovereignty

Conspiracies after 2001
>The earth be flat, my homie told me
>We descended from aliens and sheit, that make us gods
>Pyramids actually space ships
>Ten million other New Age beliefs that have either no impact on our lives, or only serve to make us feel more entitled and self-centered

Are flat earthers a psyop? I feel like they are
>>
>>19051931
you are aware of the scale of the earth, correct?
>>
>>19058142
Earth is not on a scale. It just drops in space. This drop is what causes the so called gravity. It drops about 10m/s.
>>
>>19058165
Drops to where?
>>
>>19056780
>The black knight satellite

Nice
>>
I am sure that flat-earthers exist simply to raise my pathetic self-esteem. Thanks, Lord. Thanks for making me not dumb enough to believe in a flat Earth.
>>
>>19058165
This is astoundingly stupid. By that logic, Jupiter -which is a giant gas ball- would have no gas because as rock is way heavier than gas , the rock surface of Jupiter would just go through it's gassy atmosphere. Actually the same goes for earth. We have clouds, right? If we fell 10m/s like you believe we are, we would have no clouds, cause all the evaporated water from the oceans and lakes would just go up into the sky. And even if we somehow got to have clouds, we would see them go up and up into space. So yeah. The idea we are falling into the universe at a speed of 10m/s can be debunked by simply looking up into the sky and seeing that we have clouds, and clouds are not going infinitely up into space.
>>
>>19051931

You realise that convex lenses pull in more light so you can see better right? There are the same type of lenses in your fucking eyeballs. Even IF the earth was flat you would never be able to see it because of your eyeballs.
>>
File: Frankintoaslimjim.jpg (116KB, 611x800px) Image search: [Google]
Frankintoaslimjim.jpg
116KB, 611x800px
>>
>>19058538
Into nothing. Space
>>19059256
You seem to think we live on top of the world. We don't. We live on the bottom of it. Although it looks like you jump up, you actually jump down, other better yet, push yourself away. Because the earth falls down, at a constant speed, earth hits you again. When water heats, it get pushed of , due to the energy in the steam. Clouds move due the atmospheric pressure. When it cooles down, the water becomes heavier and it dropping speed becomes more close to that of the falling earth. This results in earth gaining speed on the rain and rain hits earth.
Jupiter looks like a gasball. Nobody has ever seen it's core. So there is no proof about it.
The falling earth model is the only one that accounts for the real present of what you call gravity. But science and NASA need the lies. That's how they keep people asking questions. If it would not been for the lies, there was no money to be made and the economy would collapse. If we all just followed the word of God, there was no need for economy. And the elite would not be able to live a luxurious life. Satan is the best lier. He has you thinking the world is a sphere. And your alternative is a flat upside world. Both could not be more wrong. You try to use science, which is just the backdoor of Satan to still mislead you.
>>
>>19059826
>trying too hard
>>
>>19051931
>>
>>19059826
>Into nothing. Space
Then why would it drop?
>>
Go put a stick in the ground.

Have friend stand there

Go like 50-100 miles away, put stick in ground again again

call friend on phone and say to take picture at 4-5 in afternoon

Take picture

Sticks will have different shadows.

Why?

Earth is round, thus different shadow
>>
>>19059906
So life could happen. If it wasn't dropping , we would not be able to come back. Gravity is a misconception. It's the only way this earth can be like it is. Our eyes are proof
>>
>>19059916
uh
>>
>>19051931
>that pic
If the Earth started curving at that height, then this planet must be really fucking small.

Fucking flat earthers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7rjN39Uo_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqi48CJGwGs
>>
>>19059916
And what about something as simple as paper airplanes? If we were actually constantly falling and you threw a paper airplane, you would see it not only fly away from you, but you would also see it seemingly gain height as it went on, without it's tip pointing upwards. Go ahead, make one right now and throw it outside. If it flies a bit and then falls down, that would mean that there really is gravity. But if it flew and gain height while it did for seemingly no reason, then you are right. Also I would really like to hear how you can explain the fact that oxygen and ozone and all the other chemical gasses are kept on earth despite gravity not existing. If there is no gravity, then there is nothing keeping all the atmospheric gasses down which again would mean everything would just fly freely in space, same goes once again for Jupiter, it would be a mess of random gasses rather than a ball of gravity did not exist
>>
>>19060057
>>19060057
You input energy in the plane, which due it's shape reacts with the atmosphere. When it lost it energy it just got overtaken by earth dropping, resulting the plane hit the ground.

And you still do not grasp the fact earth is upside down. The atmosphere is nothing but vaporized water and other gassen, which are pushed in front of earth while it falls. Atmosphere that is at the edge, escapes. But just like you see at the top of wings, it swirls, cooling the artics. The north pole is so could because it is the point on the back where all swirls connect. This gives not only friction, but also static magnetism.
>>
So why would anyone hide that the earth is not flat? lol

So flat earthers if I flew with a plane straight forward, at some point I would just fly into the universe? lel
>>
>>19060083
Of course not. A lack of oxygen keeps your turbine being to combust fuel.
>>
>>19056785
kek, theory
>>
File: 1479441342872.jpg (32KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1479441342872.jpg
32KB, 500x259px
>>19060075
Right. The earth is an upside-down disk that falls endlessly in space. People nowadays will make up any shit to prove their arguments.

OK then. And I say that the earth is a triangle and the reason we can't found the points of it is because they are inter dimensional gates that distort reality, making it seem flat. One of those points is Bermuda Triangle and that's why all the shit is happening there. Also the sun is the size of baseball but projects light 1.000.000.000 more than it's mass because a book I found on my attic said so. And NASA is keeping all those facts secret from us. Of course based on MY beliefs and no verifications at all I'm right and I throw down the drain knowledge of 5.000 years that say otherwise.

This is you right now^^. Also how the fuck do you explain the circle motion that our planet and the rest of the planets have around the sun without gravity? Is it God slowly pushing us around???
>>
>>19060075
100/10
This is how a troll should be.
I salute you, sir
>>
Why is every other large body in space (easily viewable from Earth) spherical?
Why do the constellations viewable from Earth change throughout the year?
Why do seasons happen?
Why can it be summer in the Northern hemisphere and winter in the Southern hemisphere?
>>
>>19060177
I don't. That simply would not work on a Falling Earth model, now would it?
Everything keeps on falling, those are given facts of nature.
The put a stick in the dirt trick is biased due to different altitudes. That is why shadows appear to be different. Also the famous experiment those not account for time difference. Although humans have clocks, nature can not experience the same time synchronized at 2 completely different places. Thermodynamics explains that. Entropy is what happens because of local external and internal change. You can see that clearly with plants. Do some fieldwork before you think you understand nature. Books and theory are useless unless lessons in practice are not included.
>>
>>19057710
the invention of the fish eye lens was for filming the show jackass and skateboard tricks dude
>>
>>19058136
Absolutely; sage all forum sliders, ignore all topic dilution.
>>
>>19051931
Please explain to me a single reason why the government would try to hide the fact that the Earth is flat.
>I-it's discredits Christianity
99% of Christians think the Earth is round and the bible just uses some flowery and poetic language at times, even the fucking pope wouldn't buy into this "Earth is flat" bullshit.
>>
Flat earth is the worst and the oldest meme in the universe, when will it die?
>>
>>19060512
You mean the Luciferian guy who goes by the title Pope?
Of course he is legit and totally represents Christianity. Where in the bible did God said we should jerk on a virgin called Mary again? Or drown little children?
Whatever Roman Catholicism is, it's not biblical.
>>
Earth is not flat.

>>19054457
Changing the size of a single apple would not change the size of an arbitrary carbon atom. You fucking idiot.
>>
GOOD FUCKING SAMMIT!

MODS! Please delete this trolling fathead thread!

Please sage this this thread out of existence. There is no other reason to be here than trolling the fucking shit out of these cunts.
>>
File: meon7onome.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
meon7onome.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
>>19060584
Just you can not hold a single carbon molecule, you can not hold the whole earth.
>>
>>19051931
Who cares
>>
>>19060356
You are not worthy of answer. Your guestions are wayyy to hard to answer. These are dangerous to flat earth minds. Plz delete this.
>>
>>19051933
BLACK WHOLE SUN

WON'T YOU COME
>>
>>19060601
Won't happen. Just sit back, relax, and watch the tards wail.
>>
>>19060356
>Why is every other large body in space (easily viewable from Earth) spherical?
Because you are looking into the past. They don't contain life. They don't need to be flat.

>Why do the constellations viewable from Earth change throughout the year?
Because God designed them to give us time reference. If they did not change, they would be of no use.

>Why do seasons happen?
Because the sun rotates. It has a hot side and a lesser hot side.

>Why can it be summer in the Northern hemisphere and winter in the Southern hemisphere?
Again, because of the suns rotation.

Also when the wind comes from Antarctica it brings winter, and when it goes towards Antarctica is brings summer. Some might say mating polar bears influence the weather coming from the artics. To this day that is not confirmed, but scientificly is not denied either. The results are under debate.
>>
>>19060356

>>Why is every other large body in space (easily >>viewable from Earth) spherical?

because some things appear spherical, all must be? got it.

>>Why do the constellations viewable from Earth >>change throughout the year?

maybe the stars move on their own layer around the earth?

>>Why do seasons happen?

because the pattern of the sun's travel changes?

>>Why can it be summer in the Northern >>hemisphere and winter in the Southern >>hemisphere?

see above answer.

I'm not 100% sold on the flat Earth thing, but you have to at least try to understand a different point of view. the best thing that came out of this whole movement was challenging what you've been taught and trying to see things with new eyes.
>>
>>19060671

>because the pattern of the sun's travel changes?

Why? What is that pattern? Why does it change and how?

>you have to at least try to understand a different point of view

I'd be happy to consider any model for the flat earth you have, but none of them come even close to making sense.

On one hand we've got this model of the earth, a round earth, that matches all observations and everything makes perfect sense, and it's even really simple and elegant.

Whereas the other side of the issue doesn't even have a working model.

So there's only one side of the issue to take for anybody who's not stupid or crazy.
>>
>>19060584
He's saying that the relative size of an apple to the earth is the same as an apple to a single carbon atom
>>
Occam's razor for fuck's sake.

>The Earth simply being spherical like all the planets we can observe in the universe is simple and explains everything
>NO MY INCOMPLETE AND EXTREMELY COMPLICATED THEORY THAT DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR ALL THE THINGS WE CAN OBSERVE IS A MUCH BETTER EXPLANATION
>>
>>19060698
If an apple had the size of earth, how come carbon was not eaten by Eve in the garden of Eden?

Take that Atheïsts
>>
>>19060718
Bringing up Occam's Razor among idiots is an extremely risky proposition, they see it as "the simplest explanation" instead of "the simplest, most reasonable explanation" so you get shit like "we don't fall off the Earth, therefore according to Occam's Razor the Earth is a flat platform."
>>
>>19060724
Oh. MY. GOD! I SEE IT NOW.

You have blown into oblivion my whole understanding of reality anon. Thank you so much!
>>
>>19060733
Don't thank me. All praise to the Lord, our Creator Yeshua YHVH El Elohim. The Holy Spirit wants to make love to you Anon. I know He showed me 4chan for a reason.
>>
You know, the only thing that bothers me (and yeah, lol, I know it's silly that this is the only thing that bothers me) about flat-earthers isn't their silly views. I don't mind those.

If we don't have naysaysers, we won't criticize anything. So I don't mind that they have a goofy perspective.

What I mind is that they are ALL Christfags.

I don't know why or how or if this is some huge christian conspiracy trying to make their followers believe this stuff, but most of it's all made and spewed exclusively by Christfags.

Why? Is it just because religious people have a much broader minds when it comes to this stuff?
>>
File: lol11.gif (487KB, 349x199px) Image search: [Google]
lol11.gif
487KB, 349x199px
>>19061119

>religious people
>broader minds
>>
>>19061119
who cares though. science is just as much a religion as anything else.

the big bang is just science's immaculate conception.

gravity is a goofy catch-all explanation for damn near everything on the ball Earth model. and it barely makes sense
>>
>>19061119
It's just retarded American protestants doing their best to show the world what a mistake the reformation was. Most Christians don't believe the Earth is flat.
>>
>>19057710
kek
>>
>>19061159
>the big bang is just science's immaculate conception

Except there isn't any evidence for immaculate conception.

>gravity doesn't make any sense

Yeah, things falling down is pretty complicated. Tough to figure that out. Hoo boy.
>>
>>19054435
Good ol' Douglas Adams.
>>
>>19056760
We could also load them all into a pod and fire them into space, maybe "accidentally" put them on a course for the sun.
>>
>>19057710
Do people really do this? Just go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
File: photo0.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
photo0.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>19057680
>>
File: HailSanta.jpg (348KB, 1754x1221px) Image search: [Google]
HailSanta.jpg
348KB, 1754x1221px
>>19059826
Satan here, can confirm.

>pic related
It's me.
>>
>>19061287
Yo Satan. Hail Satan dude!
Fine to have you around.
When I die, I want a big BBQ. Can you do that? You may have soul for it!

Later dude.
>>
File: jesus-stable.jpg (67KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-stable.jpg
67KB, 670x409px
>>19061119
Okay. You know what you know. Congratulations. Then you also know we don't even take the bible seriously ourselves. But that is not the point. See the bigger picture. We care about our children. When they go to college they will found out earth is a sphere anyway. Untill then, we need them to believe just us. Don't forget we thank God for killing his Son. And Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaak. You don't understand where we come from. We are willing to do EVERYTHING to make sure our kids will be part of God's promise. That is all we got. You will understand when you have kids on your own. Untill then, please support us by making us look stupid and Satan's enemy. Christianity is designed that way. Thank you for being so hostile.
>>
nasa is real, earth is concave
>>
>>19057710
your fucked anon!! your days are numbered pal!
>>
File: rainchan.png (53KB, 299x98px) Image search: [Google]
rainchan.png
53KB, 299x98px
>>19058165
hahaha you wot mate!!
>>
>>19057680
What is gravity
>>
>>19057746
>When the lord jesus

Stop reading there.
>>
>>19057950
The idiot known as /x/
>>
>>19060177
This guy gets it.
>>
The most profoundly, mind-boggling, fact about the flat-earth society is that the evidence they employ is so far out of the realm of fact that it can't even be perceived as wrong.
>>
>>19061714
>>
>>19061781
No, it's pretty easy to conceive that it's wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0520.png (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0520.png
5KB, 299x168px
>>19051931
You morons are such literalists, you probably think if you could tape the gas gage to the FULL side the car would run forever.
>>
How can Earth be flat if there is day and night?
>>
>>19051931
That lens corrector was clearly edited to look like that. You can see the white bends and look at the white papery thing, whatever it is, and see that it's now bending the wrong way.
>>
>>19062427
Well duh.

If it had been properly corrected, the sides would be bent inwards too, not just the top and bottom.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDOAZRzyfwo

watch this
>>
>>19060574
It isn't the oldest. It's actually quite recent. No one before the 19th century thought the world was flat. Or more importantly, thought that people thought the world was flat.
Washington Irving started it.
>>
File: nocurvature.webm (1MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
nocurvature.webm
1MB, 720x576px
>>19055579
>>19055439
>>19056760

It's flat you faggots
>>
>>19051931

How does GPS work?

Magic?
>>
>>19059907
The same effect is achieved when the sun is much closer, not 93 million miles away
>>
>>19061781
Flat earth society is controlled opossition. Real flat earthers don't claim to be part of it or go there for information. Go away shills
>>
>>19063328
really tall radio towers?

fairies?

some scientific name that doesn't actual mean what flatheads think it means?
>>
File: satellites.jpg (29KB, 465x188px) Image search: [Google]
satellites.jpg
29KB, 465x188px
>>19063328
idiot
>>
File: satelites 2.jpg (31KB, 382x339px) Image search: [Google]
satelites 2.jpg
31KB, 382x339px
>>19063328
>>
>>19063354
you know gps works away from cell towers right? like in the wilderness and such?

Who am I kidding, with their medieval peasant mentality you can tell flatfucks haven't been more than 10 miles from home in their lives
>>
File: suckitbglobehead.jpg (22KB, 273x341px) Image search: [Google]
suckitbglobehead.jpg
22KB, 273x341px
>>19063360
>>
File: 1495407340513.jpg (204KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495407340513.jpg
204KB, 540x540px
>>19063354

How does the GPS work on sail boats in the middle of the pacific?
>>
>>19063354

http://makezine.com/2016/08/22/solar-powered-autonomous-boat/

I mean if you weren't lazy you could make your own boat with lasers to prove earth was flat.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>19063328
>>
>>19063415

How does GPS work in the middle of the pacific ocean?

If it its because line of site of land based cell towers, why don't cell phones work in the middle of the ocean?

Also how the fuck do Sat phones work?
>>
I think round and flat are limited concepts and gravity is much more interesting than you would naturally assume.
>>
Shut the fuck up you flat earth retards.

It is not flat. Get the fuck over yourselves.
>>
>>19057680
This is why you don't drink with children in your stomach.
>>
>>19063357
>da truth trooper
>satelites
>fake nasa footage

Please, take your medicine or take a course in astronomy.
>>
>>19063354
Curious that they can do that, but cellular towers can't. Even better that they work in places without towers. Mad skillz.
>>
>>19063354
>using triangulation to determine the source of a radio transmission

Gee whiz, if only that were possible to use to track satellites in orbit, thus proving the round earth.

Oh... wait...
>>
>>19063523
YES! moar rage!!
>>
>>19062518
>Brian Mullins

Jesus. This faggot will spend 20 minutes doing jr. high algebra that's completely irrelevant, and then at the end of that he'll make some completely off topic argument that has nothing to do with the previous 20 minutes, but by then everybody's asleep and his flat earther audience is impressed that he can solve for x, so they think he has a point.

So to answer his question, yes. That change in velocity is an issue. It's called the "Coriolis Effect." It's not a major issue in airplanes, because of atmospheric drag. The plane moves through the atmosphere, which is always at its tangential velocity with respect to the latitude, ignoring local weather/wind. So it's 1,000 miles at the equator, 0 at the poles, and that's how the plane moves as well, since it's subject to atmospheric drag. If the earth had no atmosphere and we were talking about space ships taking off and landing, yes, coriolis force would be a much bigger deal.

What a retard.
>>
>>19063303
Nice fish eye lens.

>>19063415

>who took the picture?
The astronauts in the shuttle who serviced it.

>where are the stars
underexposed

>Where are the satellites
Hundreds of miles away and too small to observe.
>>
>>19063354
If that's how it works it wouldn't give out an elevation. That's why GPS uses trilateralization which requires 4 satellites to be talking to your receiver.

Source: 8 years carrying a GPS daily
>>
>>19062427
By now we know it is not the moon that brings night. Nor does the absence of the sun causes it to become night.
Dark matter is the cause of night. But science is not ready yet to reveal it, but we found out anyway. They claim it is all mysterious.
>>
>>19051931
If people knew the earth was flat, more people would be digging down to reach China, you don't understand the implications of this info you're dispelling to the vulnerable minds of this Japanese animation image forum.
>>
File: a5d60091a4e9dc2cac09fda7c7682c4b.jpg (1022KB, 3443x3863px) Image search: [Google]
a5d60091a4e9dc2cac09fda7c7682c4b.jpg
1022KB, 3443x3863px
Who cares
>>
File: 1480409137532.jpg (61KB, 604x498px) Image search: [Google]
1480409137532.jpg
61KB, 604x498px
>>19063734
So you are telling me that the sun is covered by dark matter every night...?

Is there any footage of this happening? It
>>
>Earth spins perfectly to the gravitational force
>a faster rotation would be counterproductive to gravity
>Moon influence the rotation of earth, slowing it down to a perfect spin
>the moon also has almost the perfect size to the sun with consideration of the distance
>moon has no spinn at all even so the earth body is five times bigger than moon itself, approximately 27% the size of the Earth.
>earth curvature appears at 10,600 metres, lets be fair and say 11,000 metres
>divided through 5: moons curvature: ca. 2200 metres
>look up any moon landing videos or satelite images, no easy to spot curvature at all.
>>
>>19064037
Dark matter surrounds the sun.
We call it night. The universe calls it the energy of the Dark. Dark Energy
>>
>>19064116
>The universe calls
no, human beings give stuff names
>>
>>19057579
So the further away you are from something the more distorted by distance the edges are. So as you travel away from earth towards say, the moon - there comes a point on this journey where as you try to see the furthest corners of the earth, they are so far away that the light is distorted by the time it takes the light to reach your eyes, creating a curve.
>>
>>19063415
God, I fucking hate you. Please off yourself. How many goddamn times do we have to explain IF YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF A RELATIVELY BRIGHT OBJECT SO THAT IT IS PROPERLY EXPOSED, DIMMER OBJECTS BECOME LESS VISIBLE. YOU. STUPID. COCKSUCKER.
>>
File: 1482798009002.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482798009002.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>19064116
Uh, no?

There is no dark matter surrounding the sun. Well, if you call "Dark Matter" the emptiness between our planet and our sun then you are kinda right, but....

If this dark energy covers the sun then why there is day time? Why does it not cover the sun all the time? Does this dark matter have some kind of 24 hours cicle?
>>
>>19051931 (OP)
There are people that actually believe the Earth is flat? I thought they were all trolls. Has anyone in this thread made it past 5th grade? Has anyone in here taken a basic Astronomy class???

>>19063328
GPS consists of three segments - the satellite constellation, ground control network, and user equipment. The satellite constellation comprises satellites in low earth orbit that provide the ranging signals and navigation data messages to the user equipment. The ground control network tracks and maintains the satellite constellation by monitoring satellite health and signal integrity and maintaining the satellite orbital configuration.

>>19063415
That's the Hubble Space Telescope not a satellite you idiot.

>>19062518
Thank you for being smart..

I hate all of you.
>>
What`s on the other side of the Earth? I mean, under our feet...

Is there another civilization? Or just rocks and stuff?
>>
>>19051931
Explain eclipses.
>>
>>19064091
The moon rotates breh.
>>
>>19060614
AND WASH AWAY THE RAIN
>>
>>19057802
No it's the Downforce
>>
>>19060359
>Citing thermodynamics but rejecting gravity
>>
File: moon.jpg (139KB, 1190x934px) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
139KB, 1190x934px
>>19064091
>Earth spins perfectly to the gravitational force

what do you mean by this
>a faster rotation would be counterproductive to gravity

do you mean that if the rotation was faster, earth would fall apart? it wouldn't. test it by running east and jumping since you will be traveling faster than the relative spin of the earth. if you don't fly off, your "theory" is wrong
>Moon influence the rotation of earth, slowing it down to a perfect spin

yes, gravity does do this but a "perfect spin" doesn't exist
>the moon also has almost the perfect size to the sun with consideration of the distance

it is travelling away. it was bigger than the sun relatively millions of years ago and will be smaller than the sun in millions of years
>moon has no spinn at all even so the earth body is five times bigger than moon itself, approximately 27% the size of the Earth.

spin and size aren't really related in the way you're describing albeit you can assume all large bodies in space will spin. the moon does spin and it is tidally locked to the earth; such a phenomenon is VERY common when the orbiting object has a small orbit (like a moon) or is similar in size to the object is it orbiting (27% is similar when talking about objects at such small orbits)

>earth curvature appears at 10,600 metres, lets be fair and say 11,000 metres

completely arbitrary measurement. earth's curvature is always slightly visible. with good lenses, you can go lower and see the curvature, opposite is true with worse lenses.
>divided through 5: moons curvature: ca. 2200 metres

ok..
>look up any moon landing videos or satelite images, no easy to spot curvature at all.

heres a satellite image of the moon. as you can see, it is a sphere.
>>
File: earthrise.jpg (129KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
earthrise.jpg
129KB, 590x393px
>>19064091
>The earth spins perfectly to the gravitational force

The earth's spin is irrelevant to the gravitational force. It is a result of the inertia from the earth's formation. If the earth weren't spinning at all, there would be no serious consequence due to gravity.

>a faster rotation would be counterproductive to gravity.

You mean there would be greater centrifugal force at the equator. So?

>The moon influence the rotation of the earth, slowing it down to a perfect spin

There is no such thing as a perfect spin. The day was 20 hours billions of years ago. It will be 28 billions of years from now (ignoring stellar evolution). The earth gets by regardless.

>the earth is almost the same angular size as the sun

Both change in angular size depending on position in orbit. Hence things like the "super moon" when the moon is closer.

>the moon has no spin

It has some spin

>despite its size

Because of its size. The larger body has a greater influence on the smaller body than vice versa. The earth slowed the moon down much faster than the moon is slowing the earth down.

>no easy to spot moon curvature

Pretty east to me, look here's curvature of both.
>>
>>19051931
dude take your head out of the sand
>>
>>19063710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeMooNFtFJk
Enjoy, cockgobbler.
>>
>>19051931
Answer these, flatards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNvKpZmpSmY
>>
You Gatekeepers crack me up. T-trust NASA and Freemasons on this one, goys!
>>
>>19065625
Were you intending to reply to somebody else?
>>
The biggest problem with flat earth theory, aside from the bizarre psuedo-science justifications, is that NASA doesn't have NEARLY enough budget to pull off a deception of that magnitude. We don't even have our own space shuttles anymore, we have to hitchhike with the Russians.
>>
If the earth is flat then why is my life going downhill?
>>
>>19065855
Oh yes that's it, NASA just needs a little more money.
>>
File: 1484087210576.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1484087210576.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>19057680
>>
>>19054435
Well isnt that strangely convenient
>>
>>19054467
The Rapture's not what you think it is
>>
File: 1486101722499.jpg (83KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1486101722499.jpg
83KB, 878x814px
>someone calls out how retarded flat earthers are
>flattie posts ridiculously incorrect image with stock images, usually signed by whatever variation of "truth seeker"
>someone replies with actual scientific answer
>no answer
>someone asks a question flatties cant possibly answer
>no answer
I havent even read the thread yet and I know how its going to be.
Sit back for a second and remember that a flattie's vote count exactly the same as /sci/'s or /lit/'s vote or any of the rest non-retards of this thread.
>>
>>19066219
there's always an answer
though it's usually "no, you're wrong" or "thats all made up"
>>
>>19057738
I live in the same neighborhood as this guy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Kopra) his son used to do wrestling on the same team as my little brother. Since they were friends, his family and I would sit next to each other in the bleachers. I asked him what he thought about flat earth and he laughed so hard his face turned red.
>>
>>19057710
>some important guy told me in private that the earth is flat
>he is now dead
>better go on forechen and make a public post about it
Baits are getting worse by the day. At least put some thought into it.
>>
>>19062041
You misunderstood.
It's so wrong that it becomes detached from the actual conversation, and apart of its own logos.
>>
>>19065914
Man, NASA gets less than one percent of the federal budget at about 19 billion dollars. I get that might sound like a lot, but for comparison, our military budget, which is currently higher than it's ever been and is more than all the other NATO countries combined three times over, is at 596 billion. They don't get squat.
>>
>>19063357

>those satellites with the size of a city

what kind of retard did this image
>>
>>19064905
no one sings like you anymore...
>>
>>19064324
Kinda right? Of course I am.

Dark Energy is not fully unstood yet. There appears to be so called sunspots which penetrantes through the Dark Matter. This is why we see the sun a few hours a day. Have you ever noticed the amount of daytime varies? Solar flares come in different strength. Earth's magnetic field is able to trap some of the radiation from these flares, just enough for us to see the moon. Sometimes the flares are so dense, it takes more then nighttime to lose all at that energy that you can still see the moon while a new sunspot lights the earth. Science is now testing the theory on how a mixture of dark energy and ozone can be responsible for the different moon phases. Thanks to experiments on Antarctica, it is now safe to say it is not the pollution that causes it. There was some serious concern about car gasses maybe becoming a danger for a full visible moon, but higher taxes on fuel seem to pay off. Or had no effect at all because it did not influenced the moon what so ever.
To test pollution from aircrafts, chem trails are still being made.
>>
>>19066837

I'm going out on a limb, but have you tried doing a scientific experiment to prove your theories?

I mean you could be the most famous person on earth.
>>
>>19063365
How retarded do you have to be to assume that they used civilian cell phone towers to reach the moon? I mean jesus christ you people probably pour your milk and then put the cereal in
>>
>>19066851
I don't think so. Dark Energy and Dark matter have been around for a while now. There is lots of material about solar flares too all over the Internet. So writing an article about it won't get me famous. Nice idea still. ..
>>
>>19051931
Flat earth can be proved/disproved by a drone flight across Antarctica.
>>
>>19066887
It's not that simple. Any drone that is not NASA will be shot down. I believe it is tried many times before. The reason there is no such proof is because they are all shot down.
>>
>>19066974
how bout proof of any drone not being NASA's being shot down

if you can't think of a way to disprove your belief you're probably engaging in faulty logic
>>
>>19066974
Source? And does it apply to regular aircraft?
>>
>>19066974
>I believe it is tried many times before

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>19066974
Why don't you take a backpack and hike all the way towards the edge then? Maybe some time spent outside might cure your insanity, too?
>>
I know it's NASA/government founded Memesauce, but I'd really like to hear the opinion of someone who unironically thinks that the earth is flat about this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs
>>
>>19066984
>>19066985
I haven't see a video of a plane or drone flying over NASA security on Antarctica. That proves to me non have survived. Pretty obvious.
>>
>>19063328
Well duh, what are cell towers if not giant wands for the earth wizard to enact his sorcery?
>>
>>19067000
I haven't seen a video of someone using a dildo powered jetpack to do so either. Does that mean they shoot those down too? Or that it hasn't been tried?
>>
>>19067000
Some flights from Australia, Argentina + Chile, and South Africa go over Antarctica. Maybe get someone to film it when next they're on one.
>>
>>19067000
Why don't you go there yourself then? Or would it be that horrible to spend time and money just to be disproved of something even the ancient Greeks more than 2000 years ago found out by calculations?
>>
>>19067013
They don't fly over the restricted zone.
They can't. NASA won't let them.
>>
>>19067022
Source: Pulled out of my own ass
>>
>>19067028
When was the last time you visited Jupiter or saw it with you own eyes?
What you say? Never? I thought so!
>>
File: solar_flare_earth_compared.jpg (149KB, 704x692px) Image search: [Google]
solar_flare_earth_compared.jpg
149KB, 704x692px
>>19066837
>>19066873
>dark energy and dark matter are visible, tangible entities
We call them "dark" because they are *there*, somehow, but we cant tell where or why. Its one of the possible explanations for (constant) discrepancies in the measurements. That there is some other force in effect. But its not some sort of dark mass that can block sunlight.

>"these so called sunpots"
Sunspots are "small", darker spots on the surface of the Sun.
>doesnt understand daytime variation
Daytime varies due to the tilt of the earth. This is measurable and measured, it doesnt vary. Based on your theory, it should be almost random due to different solar flare strengths.
>solar flares "come"
Solar flares are monstruous plumes of white-hot plasma that the Sun emits from time to time, mainly because the Sun is a huge ball of constantly unstable plasma in constant fusion. Pray that none of the big ones, or their radiation, reaches the Earth. Most have enough strength to wipe our atmosphere clean off the surface and scorch the earth in a fraction of a second.
>science is testing how dark energy and ozone is responsible for the moon phases
The earth blocks part of the light from the Sun. Thats the moon phases. This is 3rd grade stuff.

>Kinda right
>Maybe I should write a scientific paper
Or you could try finishing high school first. Or reading literally one book about the topic before making it all up. Just saying.
>>
>>19057158
why
>>
File: 1200px-Antarctic_Region[1].png (1MB, 1200x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Antarctic_Region[1].png
1MB, 1200x1480px
>>19067022
NASA doesn't own shit there, though. It's mostly Australia, UK, Norway, and Argentina.
>>
>>19067037
>when was the last time you saw jupiter

Not him, but maybe three, four days ago.
>>
>>19067051
>The earth blocks part of the light from the Sun. Thats the moon phases. This is 3rd grade stuff.
You watch to much National Geographic.
This is not what causes it. But hé, you know pretty much all about the universe, right?
>>
>>19067112
>knowing millenia-old facts about our closest celestial body and only satellite means that i know everything about the universe
Of course youre an arrogant retard. Who else.
You need to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>19067130
But you know you are wrong, right?
>>
>>19067051
>The earth blocks part of the light from the Sun
>Thats the moon phases
no, anon.
>>
>>19059826
atmospheric pressure wouldn't exist if we were falling downward at a constant speed you redneck fuck
>>
>>19066974
>ple. Any drone that is not NASA will be shot down. I believe it is tried many times before. The reason there is no such proof is because they are all shot down.

WRONG. All aircraft shot down over the Antarctica is done by the Nazi resistance that's been there since 1945.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Highjump
>>
>>19067146
>tfw im a fucking retard and cant type
>tfw when i actually proofread and didnt actually read that
sorry mate.
>>
>>19067164
>operation high jump
>nothing about nazis, nasa, or shooting planes down

If you're trying to role play, you're doing an awfully shitty job. Unles you're RPing as a downie.
>>
>>19067162
It does. Earth pushing away air causes it. Under water you can see it. When you push your hand trough the water, you push water away. The further away from you hand, the less water moves.
>>
File: 1452887776887.gif (327KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452887776887.gif
327KB, 420x315px
>>19063717
FInally Someone in this thread that knows what they are talking about
>>
>>19067162
Due friction water will supply the atmosphere and because of swirl on the outer edge ice will be growing.
That's what kept us alive for 6000 years
>>
>>19067112
>Moon phases are caused by earth blocking light from sun
National Geographic would never say that.
>>
>>19063303
>view is distant enough to see the "flatness" of the earth
>for some reason doesn't pan around to show where the flat disc ends and space begins

makes perfect sense
>>
>>19057158
Nah, he was just a far better candidate than Hillary.
>>
>>19067037
>>19067083
>>last time you saw jupiter
Same here. About 2 weeks ago Jupiter was in conjunction with the moon, it was plainly visible.
>>
>>19056987
>Implying that everyone isn't just sick to fucking death of flat earthers.
If this board stop trying to be /pol/ and chase retarded conspiracies for a month and focused on actual unexplained paranormal shit, the world we be a better place.
>>
>>19051933
this is like a visual representation of people explaining why they belong to a religion
>>
If the earth is flat, how come it takes the same amount of time to fly around the tropics of cancer and capricorn :/

If the earth actually were flat and it did take longer to fly around capricorn, this would be one of the biggest pieces of evidence for the flat earth
>>
>>19067477
accurate
>>
File: 5609578-4.png (34KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
5609578-4.png
34KB, 2048x1152px
>>19060584
That was a really dumb reply. Die and don't come back
>>
File: flat table.jpg (3MB, 2501x1473px) Image search: [Google]
flat table.jpg
3MB, 2501x1473px
oc
>>
>>19051931
You need more correcting. Earth is fish bowl shaped
>>
>>19051931
you are fucking retarded. You know why it looks flat?because that rocket isn't even very far out of the atmosphere. If the entire earth was in view, it would be round. But wait, that's a "hologram" because you seem to have decided to be a fucking moron to stick it to your 8th greade science teacher that put you in detention just so they wouldn't have to deal with you anymore.
>>
>>19067433
the only correct reply to this thread.
>>
>>19067216
that would mean there is air in space, which there isn't, you absolute fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>19067037
2 days ago. It is called a telescope and a star chart you dumb fuck.
>>
File: toointelligent.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
toointelligent.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
>>19054457
The ratio of Apple to Atom is actually 48% greater than that of Earth to Apple.
>>
>>19057680
There is actually a comprehensive video that explains it pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G91IU8cFJ7o
>>
>>19063357
Why the fuck would you be able to see something as small as a satellite when view the whole Earth?
That is like asking how an Apple can have bacteria on it if you cannot see it.
>>
>>19064912
How is the downforce any more real than gravity? Gravity actually has a real explanation behind it, the downforce just uses caveman logic to explain something you don't understand.
>>
if the world was a globe wouldnt the people in the northern hemisphere slide off into space? Next you'll be telling me compasses point down instead of center of the world.
>>
>>19052563
he probably payed someone to do it.
>>
>>19059224
totally not a space blanket.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 264x191px
>>19068570
>>19068575
>>19068575
As an experiment I did some role-playing. I basically tried to makes stupid arguments mixed with actual scientific terms. It really is amazing how people react when you say something not to smart or take things way out of proportion. I have to say, my Dark Matter causes night and sunspots brings daylight are somewhat clever. None of them are my understanding of things.
The reason why I have no doubt about a spherical earth and solar system is not because the books say so, but that is what we also see in everything else. So above, so below.
Play the devil for once and see how people react. Play a flat earther one day at /×/ and you 'll be surprised how other react. Really, try.
>>
I have no time for idiots who honestly believe that the Earth is flat. Have any of you fucks taken a commercial flight? Have any of you even fucking went deep sea fishing? If you'd go outside and live life once in a while, you'd know that flat earth is a bunch of bullshit.

And this is coming from someone who is a skeptic about a lot of things, this is where you all lose me.
>>
>>19069284
Deep sea fishing? Please explain.
>>
>>19066235
Don't forget the classic "You're just shilling for NASA and the New World Order!"
>>
>>19069237
>I was only pretending to be retarded!
>fooled you huh?

kys
>>
>>19067000
Nice "argument from incredulity" fallacy, faggot. "I haven't seen or done it personally, therefore it's impossible!" is not a valid argument.
>>
>>19069237
>but I was just pretending!

Sure thing, kiddo.
>>
>>19069237

>pretend to be a retard
>end up in a mental institution

There's really no justice anymore.
>>
>>19066812
rip Cornell
>>
File: idiots.jpg (99KB, 780x488px) Image search: [Google]
idiots.jpg
99KB, 780x488px
>tfw was one of the first people to start the flat earth meme
>tfw we were having a laugh and making people think we were retarded
>tfw genuine retards flocked to the FES and thought it was real, now this is what we have left
>>
>>19070623
Poor bait.
>>
>>19070655
im not even reading your picture but you're a fucking moron
>>
>>19070675
>not an argument
>>
if earth is flat what's up with the sun not moving near the poles
>>
>>19070655
I bet you think that the pigeon that shot light out of its eyes that he saw that one time was real too.
>>
Stop. Please.
>>
>>19057680
EXCUSE ME? Read what you just fucking posted, just look at it holy shit
>>
File: reeeeeeeeee.png (69KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeee.png
69KB, 500x533px
>>19051931
How is this even paranormal you twat. Take your ignorant ass back to /pol/
>>
>>19051931
my biggest issue with flat earth stuff is, if you get out a telescope, you can see planets.

now, are all planet discs you see perfectly facing right towards you?

or for some reason does only earth have this magic, and all other planets we can observe do not?
>>
File: bonacci quote.jpg (63KB, 503x371px) Image search: [Google]
bonacci quote.jpg
63KB, 503x371px
>>19070655
Tesla didn't say that, some guy on Facebook did.

https://archive.is/7R5K2
>>
>>19071336
Who would take that serious?
>>
>>19060649
maximus kekus this is retarded
>>
>>19071894
Yes, I am kinda proud making this up. Those reactions are totally worth it.
>>
This sort of confusion was excusable before telephones but not anymore.

If we live on a flat plane call someone who should supposedly be able to have line of sight on the moon flying over the big dinner plate or whatever and ask them if they can see the moon at the same time as you.
>>
>>19071643
The cosmic dome (actually a hollow sphere) revolves around the earth. Stars are holes/patterns on the dome. Planets, moon, and sun are small spheres that travel inside the dome.
>>
>>19069237
>say stupid thing
>gets called stupid and get corrected
>"wow, really surprising"

you are a fucking retard
>>
File: meon7onome.jpg (103KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
meon7onome.jpg
103KB, 720x1280px
>>19072186
So you think you are smart. Good for you. But I don't need you to believe me now. I needed someone to buy the idea of me being that stupid. 7hat was my kick. 7he fun of it.

"If I can not play a fool to fool people, how can I be sure I am not the one who is played for a fool?"
>>
>>19072318
Yeah I get that. But there was nothing "amazing" or "surprising" about the reactions you got. Shitpost all you want, but dont act like you are doing something productive. Thats retarded
>>
serious questions:

1) Why does a compass needle point towards the north pole but upwards at the south pole (aka inclination) )

2) Please make a prediction of the next solstice, based on flat earth theory. When will it be, and why?
>>
>>19072325
It's the Internet. He's amusing himself. Why the shit do you think the guys feels that he's being productive?
>>
>>19072326
>but upwards at the south pole
what do mean "upwards"? A compass still points north
>>
>>19072325
Productive? How about having a laugh?
Life is serious, you should have fun with it, seriously.

>>19072326
the pointing is a result of the needle aligning with the magnetic field.
>>
>>19072342
no, a compass needle will tip dowanwards at the north pole (actually it would point 90° if it could, mechanically)
I know this, and have seen this effect. Aviation Compasses have built-in compensation for this so it's true, and it makes sense and would be expected if the earth is a globe and has according magnetic field lines
>>
>>19072346
>the pointing is a result of the needle aligning with the magnetic field.

Yes, exactly what happens when you make a small replica of round earth with a magentic field.
>>
File: 1461929542385.jpg (10KB, 307x327px) Image search: [Google]
1461929542385.jpg
10KB, 307x327px
>>19072339
>>
>>19072347
it is because it alligns with the magnetic field. And no, there is no single point where the compass perfectly points down. thats not how magnetic poles work, regardless of flat or globe earth
>>
>>19072356
the fact that it doesn't poin 90° but let's say 88° doesn't change the problem at all.
The problem is that this behavior is 100% consistent with the magnetic field of a round object
>>
>>19072359
thats just how magnetic fields work, anon. The "lines" go into the object somewhere. Regardless of shape. You would have the same effect on a cylindrical earth.
Cylinder earth confirmed!
>>
>>19072373
occam's razor and corroboration by other evidence for round earth makes "round earth theory" the most plausable.

If earth were flat, the south pole would be a point on a flat surface. It boggles the mind how someone would try to explain that lol.
Flat erath magnetic fields is only valid if you don#t know how to magnets and claim thta there is only a magnetic source in the middle of the disc, but of course that would mean that a magnetic needle would not be pointing up at the south pole "rim" of the disc.
>>
>>19072376
>but of course that would mean that a magnetic needle would not be pointing up at the south pole "rim" of the disc
wtf? Seems like you are the one who doesnt know how2magnet
>>
>>19072390
are you implying that the south pole is like a ring, stretching around the earth disc?
>>
>>19072393
I am just flabbergasted about your notion of the magnet pointing upwards somehow. And what the fuck is a southpole rim?
>>
>>19072394
ok:
First of all, the inclination of a compass needle near the south pole is positive, it points up because the needle follows the magnetic field lines. That is a fact.
if the earth were flat and the south pole were "underneath" the north pole (like on a good old cylindrical magnet), it would have a magnetic field like that of such toy magnet. if you look at the edge of this toy magnet, you will notice that
the magnetic field lines do not match the observation in reality. What we see in reality would only match a flat earth theory if the earth were surrounded by a "rim" of opposite charge to the north pole (a point source)
>>
>>19072376
The earth magnetic field is just another sidetrack. There is non. There is no use for it. Only if you make up a model about a spherical earth being part of a huge galaxy that is part of an even greater Milky Way.
If earth had a magnetic field that big, how come magnets don't get pulled towards the earth? It will stick on my car, but not on the ground? If the earth magnetic field was did real, my headphones would not be working. We surely can all remember the moment we watched television and sound was coming out of it. That is because of magnets. Magnets do real, earth's magnetic field does not. Therefor there is no problem for a compass pointing to the center. Even an this flat plane we live at. There is no north pole. We just gave the center that name.
The pole myth is based on a theory of earth being a big ball with a core. That core is never seen by anyone or proved for that matter. And without a core, no magnetic field. Hell, tall metal buildings would not stand a chance on a earth with such a field. Coin money would not stand a chance. Metal ships would not stand a chance.
>>
File: ringmagnet.gif (6KB, 218x168px) Image search: [Google]
ringmagnet.gif
6KB, 218x168px
>>19072402
>the inclination of a compass needle near the south pole is positive
oh thats what you meant. Is there footage of this behavior?

>and the south pole were "underneath" the north pole (like on a good old cylindrical magnet)
nah
>>
>>19072412
>There is non
oh wow. Just denying reality. Impressive. Maybe some day you will learn how easy it is to measure magnetism
>>
>>19072412
>Hell, tall metal buildings would not stand a chance on a earth with such a field. Coin money would not stand a chance. Metal ships would not stand a chance.
top fucking kek. I am going to steal that shitpost idea. Really makes you sound like a toddler who is struggling to understand how magnets work.
>>
File: meon7onome.gif (739KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
meon7onome.gif
739KB, 245x138px
>>19072453
>>
>>19072447
>oh thats what you meant. Is there footage of this behavior?
Compass needles have compensation weights glued onto them, and in aviation we have the problem that because of the dip (abuot 60° in our latitudes), when we do a turn towards a northerly direction the compass is "slow" so we have to end the turn earlier than when we do turns towars south in order not to overshoot. This effect is a direct result of inclination
>>
>>19072412
I don't even know what to say. Oh wait yes, google magnetic declination
>>
>>19066988
Or maybe people only show their true self when you put on a mask of the fool . . .

>not knowing the first rule of the game.

picture image of Joker
>>
>>19072528
Google has no magnetic field. It is software. A language, not a physical form.
>>
File: 1495192785865.jpg (83KB, 1024x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1495192785865.jpg
83KB, 1024x1017px
>>19059826
man
>>
Simply test to prove earth is flat:

1. Take a builder's level.
2. Take a pool table.
3. Check if the tabel is actually flat and level.
4. Play pool and discover balls do lay motionless.

How is this even possible on a spherical earth?

And when you play darts is not the rotation of the earth that causes you to trow bad, it's you.
And golf.

One does only have to play sport to find out earth is flat.
>>
>>19056780
Haha, you can totally see the curvature.
>>
>>19051931

Weird how god made the earth flat while all other planets are round.
>>
>>19074650
Non weird at all. How does God suppose to see everyone if the earth was spherical . It is obvious why He choose this shape.
>>
>>19056769
Look up Steve-O's pic of the earth. Legit
>>
>>19074786
You're right, how does god supposed to see everyone. And while we're at it, what does that even mean?
>>
>>19073740
Hahahahaha
>>
>>19051931
>mfw the distorted image is the """correction.""""
>>
>>19072347
>no, a compass needle will tip dowanwards at the north pole (actually it would point 90°
I'm curious what this would look like? Any videos of this?
>>
>>19061408
why doesn't this make people angry
>>
>>19073740
lmao
>>
>>19077785
we are used to read stupid posts
>>
File: ghdt5465.gif (388KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
ghdt5465.gif
388KB, 267x199px
>flat earth thread

Bravo /x/ you are officially retarded

>>19051931
i can see the horizon
>>19056780
curves a little and still see the horizon
>>
>>19074786
>Putting restraints on an omnipotent being
>Humanizing god
We know you are not a STEM major but you are also not a Theology major either.
>>
>>19078060
What about psychology?
And my aim is the reaction of different people?
And how do you think you know I did not study in the fields of cosmology, physics, biology, antropology, theology and music ? Because what I argue is so wrong?
Completely wrong as in
troll level wrong?
Like field study sociology wrong?
Just asking
>>
File: 1492016712090.jpg (41KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492016712090.jpg
41KB, 657x527px
>>19070149
>>
>>19057158
I love it when people try to examine and dissect the 'true' meaning behind trump winning.
He's just a charismatic guy and the word got out that hillary is a liar and a crook
He's far from the best candidate but I'll take him any day over that witch
>>
File: 1468965212196.jpg (55KB, 600x628px) Image search: [Google]
1468965212196.jpg
55KB, 600x628px
Hey flat earthers, I the earth is flat then why don't we just fall off the top? Check mate flat earthers
>>
File: 1489792253870.jpg (16KB, 390x379px) Image search: [Google]
1489792253870.jpg
16KB, 390x379px
>>19063303
but the sun still goes down
>>
>>19051931
your brain is flat
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.