[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animism redpill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: jnepy7r.jpg (115KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
jnepy7r.jpg
115KB, 880x587px
Animism redpill?
>>
>>19048924
It's the most reasonable option if you believe in souls to be a natural occurance.
>>
>>19049164
>if you believe in souls to be a natural occurance

How would that work as opposed to souls that don't have a natural basis?
>>
>>19049647
>Souls are as much of a part of the universe as magnetism or radiation
As opposed to
>Bearded man in the sky put them in humans and only humans because we're special like that
>>
I think animism could blend well with non secular belief if you think of its idea of a 'soul' as simply existence. We are all made up of the same stuff as rocks on a core level, and we are hardly that different from animals. Not a bad way to look at life.
>>
Souls clearly do not exist, as we are simply carbon sacks and everything we are made of is a physical element that can be measured.

That being said I believe we should be able to kill and harvest any animal or plant so long as its resources are more valuable to us than its continued survival.
>>
>>19049690
>Souls clearly do not exist
>Anon is clearly all knowing, bow before his wisdom.
>>
>>19049665
Okay, but how would that work? The universe operates in accord with natural laws. If souls were natural, would that mean they are subject to natural forces, laws of spirit, that operate on souls? If so, are these processes deterministic? Are souls like a "subtle material" then?

I might just be an autist caught up on the comparison, but saying souls are natural suggests they work in ways radically different than how non-natural theories describe them.
>>
>>19049690
>Souls clearly do not exist
[Citation needed]
To an animist, souls very much do exist. In everything. Like >>19049685 said, animists believe that the entire material universe is animated and organized.

Furthermore, we know all of the components and material needed to "construct" a human being, yet, we cannot "build" one. Even if science could someday, i bet it would be a soulless abomination.
>>
>>19049741
>consciousness as a fuzzy variable ascribed to all things
>rock: 0.0000000001
>stick: 0.0000000002
>river: 0.0000003185
etc
>>
When I was a kid I was unironically friends with a tree. A big, beautiful cottonwood that towered above the street. My friends and I would always climb and play on it. When I was sad or upset I would escape to it, climb about 15ft up to a set of branches that would hold me perfectly, like a loving parent. Sometimes I would sit up there and wrap my arms and legs around it in a big hug with my ear pressed against it. I could hear the wind creaking every branch and even the sap flowing through it like a low heartbeat. I moved away when I was 18 and the tree died and fell only a year or two later. I actually grieve that tree in my heart. So many memories, and just that feeling of its spirit. I believe it had a soul, no doubt. RIP cottonwood
>>
File: 1338756622688.jpg (71KB, 503x644px) Image search: [Google]
1338756622688.jpg
71KB, 503x644px
>>
>>19050159
that's fucking beautiful anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.