[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ego Death General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (15KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 250x202px
Ask questions about it,answer questions about it,share experiences,etc,etc,etc.

My question:

How can i reach the death of the ego without psychedelics?
>>
Meditation, but it will take several years of practice to get there.
>>
wat is eggo death
burnt wafle
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>19046895
Meditate your whole life until you realize psychedelics are the key.

Ganja is steroids for meditation.
>>
>>19046895

>How can i reach the death of the ego without psychedelics?

You can't.

You have to destroy every psyche you have.

Every desire you've ever built.

Every perspective you've ever imagined.

Most people should not ever attempt it, it is quite literally a shattering experience.
>>
>>19048052
This is not true. It's called Samadhi, it is achieved thru yoga. The majority of drug-induced "ego death" barely touches the lower limits of Dhyana.
>>
>>19048080

It's not a one-moment process.

Meditation is a key to it as well.

OP asked if you can reach it without psychedelics.

The answer is no, at least not if you want to accomplish it within the span of a lifetime. Too many hidden perspectives to hunt down otherwise (Assuming you have not reached enlightenment already, in which case, you've already done it. Meditation only helps guide you if you know where to look)
>>
Depersonalization/derealization is NOT ego death
>>
>>19048116
And I am saying you are wrong, yes you can explore it without psychedelics. It is literally proven to be possible thru yoga, in the span of a lifetime.
>>
>>19048123

>It is literally proven to be possible thru yoga, in the span of a lifetime.

I guess, I didn't plan on living to 30. So I used other means for amplification. Funny how it all changes, yet remains the same, though.
>>
File: 1484972676963.gif (252KB, 171x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484972676963.gif
252KB, 171x200px
idk, i've been there multiple times with meditation during lsd trips, as well as dmt. of course its easier to achieve under the effects of those substances, but the memory is so vivid and clear... I feel as though I can break back to that state in a few minutes of concentration upon the memory while sober.

Almost as if they opened a path that is now easily traveled.

Visualize the void, emulate the feeling of nothingness you felt, remember how every goal you had felt pointless and doesn't matter, the feeling of watching everything you are slip away from you but feeling no remorse, let the concept of time lose meaning upon you as it is nothing when you no longer give it moments of reference, and let your perception drift into the infinite. Become at peace and one with the abyss.
>>
>>19046931
probably or maybe not, I've heard lsd snd dmt realms are only the first stage of ilumination, a mergue little experience of the whole true
>>
There are not two selves, there is only one self which misidentified itself with the illusory identity it created of itself (ego) which is the summary of what it believes to be. There is no "truer" self anywhere to be found, because the real self is what you already are. When you can no longer define who you are is the moment you become who you are or rather remember, because what you are cannot be know in thoughts, images or words. What you are simply Is. Once you realize you simply are you'll also realize everything else simply is as well and see that when there no longer is any identity towards anything, all that remains is the eternal "It" expressing itself as all the glorious forms that are. At the root of all phenomena lies only one thing that it all has in common and that is the fact that it exists, therefore everything is simply existence itself. It's only the moment we add a label over one of the various forms of existence that it illusory becomes something else from the rest. We are like leafs that fell, gazing up at the leafless tree, wondering about the vast sight they behold, completely blinded by the ignorance that they are gazing upon themselves.
>>
>>19048042
bullshit, ganja wont get you there

>>19048122
this
>>
>>19046895
have you ever zoned out before? kind of like that - but more intense i think?
>>
>>19048116
The only problem is that, with drugs, death of the ego will be momentary and it could create atachment to that drug which is contraproductive if you want to acomplish true liberation
>>
>>19051174
Friend of mine nearly killed himself chasing this down. He was apparently on the cusp of "finding the answers" to everything when he woke up in the hospital.

He's mellowed the fuck out finally now though and only smokes weed.

What I want to know is: What is to be gained through ego death? I've never been able to find a concrete answer to what this even means other than what most people describe as ego death online is BS.

All I know is my third eye might be open but i can't focus on meditation. If i'm stoned on weed and focus on my third eye I start seeing shit. Sometimes get a glimpse of words or faces but nothing i can focus on. This is the literal closest i get to meditation before i fall asleep.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.