[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: tfw enlightened.png (2MB, 850x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tfw enlightened.png
2MB, 850x1080px
When I meditate, it feels like my soul/chakra/qi/whatever is covered in tar. It mostly feels like it's in my head, so if it makes a difference on position, I'd say that it's basically where my crown chakra would be. What does it mean?
>>
>crown chakra
crown chakra is supposed to be the connection between your energy/consciousness and the universal energy/consciousness. so if you're getting feelings of that being gunked up, maybe look for ways in which your actions or attitudes are hindering your connection to whatever higher power you believe in, and change those. also when you meditate, visualise white light or some other imagery that you find to be cleansing or purifying, and imagine it lifting that crap off your chakra.

I tend to think of chakras more as symbolic than as literal energy centers, but my answer is the same regardless of what they are because the result is the same. either it's your unconscious's way of telling you that that aspect of your psyche needs work, or it's an actual energy blockage of some kind. the fix is the same. good luck OP.
>>
>>19045361
I don't have any specific beliefs on higher powers I could work on. While I believe the world is much crazier and larger than my perception of it, I don't think other humans would be able to perceive it any better than I could. I don't subscribe to anyone's school of thought, that's why I did the mishmash of soul/chakra/qi instead of whichever one I believed in.

So I'm pretty much SOL other than imagining a cleansing white light when I meditate?
>>
>>19045323
The covered with tar feeling is a result of contamination of your conciousness due to interaction with the material world and sense gratification. You merely just become more aware of your own levels of contamination during meditation due to the increased awareness. Anytime you act in a manner wishing to enjoy some sensory object believing it will bring happiness, material contamination occurs. Your conciousness can be cleansed of this by meditation, but Bhakti-Yoga via chanting the Hare Krishna mantra is a much more efficient method of purification. Also bless appropriate foods as prasadam, by doing so the process of digestion becomes a process of purification as well instead of one of contamination.
>>
>>19045431
Thank you, I will look into this.
>>
>>19045466
Read the Bhagavad-Gita, I recommend the "As It Is" translation, you can probably find it free online too. It will answer and questions you have.
>>
>>19045361
>chakras
>more symbolic

You've never felt them burn did you?
>>
i recently opened my third eye after not being able to do it for years (a ritual that was done by someone else affected me and afterwards i couldn't control it any more, i would either feel it without trying or attempting to meditate wouldn't work) and i experienced physical convulsions, shaking, and my teeth chattering and a full body heat sensation when i did

it stopped somewhat quickly and i felt like normal third eye meditation after that, but i had been heavily into it prior to the ritual and that had never happened to me before, just that time

i can't find any information on it, wondering if anyone knows
>>
Full body heat and shaking implies khundalini awakening. It happens only ones, but its effects are irreversible
>>
>>19047205

thanks, i haven't noticed anything more unusual than normal, but i also haven't tried to meditate since

this was a couple of days ago
>>
It means your crown chakra is covered in tar, dumb ass.
>>
>>19047205

also it was a completely unintentional thing and i don't know much about khundalini i've seen the term but never studied anything on it

i learned third eye meditation from a greco-roman pagan who never fully explained much to me, she's the one who did the ritual that made everything go weird after too actually

a friend told me the ritual's effect on me was basically the equivalent to someone ripping me open wide and leaving me bleeding out in a metaphysical sense
>>
>>19047211

The more you meditate the more the process will unravel, it is usually very individual. But has some known overriding themes like the dark night of the soul and moments where you feel blissful.

I had to retard the process with alcohol because it was wrecking my mind.
>>
>>19047177
I wonder if people really believe the BS they post in here sometimes...
>>
>>19047227

Usually if you focus on the energies flowing in your spine you can awaken the serpent
>>
>>19047230

interesting

i'll go back to meditating then, i didn't feel comfortable continuing because i didn't understand what happened to me and it made me nervous

but i guess if it's meant to be i may as well keep going right?

do drugs and alcohol really retard the process? they've always enhanced some things for me

>>19047234

i wonder if the people who write everything off as bullshit have ever actually devoted any amount of time to practicing or studying the things they claim "don't exist" and "don't happen"

i
>>
>>19047239

what? google says the serpent is a thing so i know you aren't fucking with me, but aside from the term "khundalini" i know nothing

like i said, it wasn't intentional
>>
>>19047252

It's not a pleasant process and might give you anxiety and panic attacks from overwhelming sensations.

Also yeah, the process requires for your body to be cleanced, so eating junk food, meats and indulging in drugs will halt your progress or make the process a lot more unpleasant.
>>
>>19047260

The energy flows like a serpent from the back of your spine.
>>
>>19047263

i'm currently nursing a hangover, but i haven't eaten meat in years

guess i'll try sobriety for a minute to see where it leads

i can't imagine it being much worse than the result of that ritual
>>
>>19047266

so do i shift focus there during meditation?
>>
>>19047283

Yes imagine breathing with your spine
>>
>>19047634
i'll give it a try, thank you

>>19047263
thank you too
>>
>>19047783

>lawofone

get the fuck out
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.