[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any and all info on tree worship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (130KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 512x448px
Any and all info on tree worship
>>
>>19042848
stoppy th choppy lad :)
>>
hmm, Esus is known to be worshipped around trees. some even take simple offerings to the extreme and hang people. I do believe in certain druidic circles and germanic tribes they would either sacrifice or torture people to death on a tree respectively. Some do it to worship Gaea or Cernunnos. Most of the time there are just offering and dances held to honor the Fae or nature in general. There are also tree spirits. Mandragora, Alraune, Hua Po and Shan Xiao and many others that usually come from somebodies death .
>>
Any resources on actual modes, methods, rites, etc?
>>
http://www.joellessacredgrove.com/Celtic/tree.html

http://sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/rac/index.htm

https://www.amazon.com/Forest-Folklore-Mythology-Alexander-Porteous/dp/0486420108

Little to no information on the actual elements of worship however, barring bs neo-druid crap
>>
Trees are literally why we can live on Earth. What more do you need to know?

Do you need to be told how to take care of trees, or that deforestation is bad?
>>
>>19043367
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/rac/rac16.htm
>>
>>19042848
Christians are literally the worse. You don't see druids taking shits on the cross
>>
>>19042848
Check this out:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/twg.htm
The White Goddess, by Robert Graves
Robert Graves (author of "I, Claudius", etc) examines Druidic culture and their alphabet, which is based upon trees. Arguably, no contemporaries had delved into the lore as deeply as Graves. The book takes a while to get started but is a goldmine.
>>
>>19042895
We are watching you tripfag
>>
>>19043537
thanks I'll check it out
>>
File: 172353.jpg (468KB, 1403x969px) Image search: [Google]
172353.jpg
468KB, 1403x969px
Most of the stuff in this thread is celtic, I'll talk about some Germanic Paganism practices.

Woden hung himself on yggdrasil and learnt the magic of the runes.

Do not take this to mean he actually hung himself. I believe that Woden meditated and worshipped Yggdrasil (The Ash) and experienced ego death and an out of body experience, and learnt the magic of the runes.

As Germanic Pagans we need to learn to worship and respect trees, as our ancestors did. As trees and plants age they gain more sentience and life (everything has a spirit, but older trees and plants gain more spirit) and a very old tree has many tales to tell.

Meditate and Sleep under the branches of old trees. Imagine the branches cradling you. Imagine yourself sinking down into the earth underneath the tree, being held by the roots and learning the knowledge.

Give offerings under old trees. A bowl of milk or honey or meat is good. Alcohol, especially mead or wine can be given as an offering. Simply drink a small amount, then spread the rest of it near the base of the tree as an offering.
hopefully this helps.
>>
>>19042848
Oaks, particularly white oaks, are said to be the father/ king of trees, at least in European traditions. The actual process of worship of them is essentially lost due to christianization. This is also something that I am very interested in as a forester
>>
>>19043600
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can post cancer at will. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/mysterious-chimpanzee-behaviour-could-be-sacred-rituals-and-show-that-chimps-believe-in-god-a6911301.html
>>
>>19043489
No they only hung monks and other non combatants on trees when they raped and pillaged across europe.
>>
>>19043737
proofs?
>>
File: creencias-mapuche.jpg (223KB, 800x631px) Image search: [Google]
creencias-mapuche.jpg
223KB, 800x631px
>>19042848
Trees are elder spirits and they can make a connection with the land and the humans in it.

Tree worshiping isn't limited to european pagan traditions, it's spread around the globe and it's probably the most basic form of religion.
>>
unless you fucking eat doritos and garbage all day , you better respect and talk to the trees because you cannot survive without them and the food from trees , they worship the creation

and every culture have a tree of life so you better read about that and the garden of eden
>>
>>19043591
any more on the process of leaving offerings? or just walk up to the base and leave it in a bowl or on a stone
>>
>>19043855
You have to leave it on the ground by the roots, lady. How do you expect a tree to accept an offering from a bowl?
>>
>>19043874
So just walk up and pour milk on a trees roots? Should this follow or proceed meditation? Should there be words said to should it be a silent process
>>
How old does a tree have to be to be sacred
>>
>>19044080
Depends on the tree, but really really sacred, it has to be older than time.
>>
>>19042848
Acacia
>>
>>19043591
How
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 100x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 100x251px
>>
>>19042848
Bump
>>
>>19043555
Yo I don't care if your slutty little bitch club wants to be my adoring fans. Keep that nasty shit to yourself.
>>
>>19043737
learn the difference between Druids and Vikings , Irish Mannerbund groups and Perchta-worshipping Germanic outlaws.

There is however evidence of certain Celtic Druid tribes sacrificing around 150 people, during their war with the Roman empire.
The Roman empire however did all of that for fun.
>>
File: 3atalantikcoakwood.jpg (187KB, 725x544px) Image search: [Google]
3atalantikcoakwood.jpg
187KB, 725x544px
>>19043855
I'm the original OP.
Some people say that the spirit of the tree, or the God of that tree or that you are offering to will take the form of an animal and eat the offering (like a fox coming and drinking the milk in a bowl).

Others say to just pour it out on the ground.
For alcohol, I would just meditate for a while, then drink some alcohol and pour the rest around the roots.

For a bowl of milk or oats I would just leave them there, meditate for a short time and then go away.
>>19044080
trees gain sacredness through age. a young pine tree that's twenty years old has little sacredness, but a 1000 year old yew tree is incredibly important. the oldest trees are the most sacred and knowledgeable
>>19044117
what do you mean by just, "How"?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.