[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Christians say Yahweh can't be malevolent simply because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: 1491961212065.gif (175KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1491961212065.gif
175KB, 300x168px
When Christians say Yahweh can't be malevolent simply because he's an all powerful and all knowing deity are they trying to say that the abstract idea of a universe whose conscious entities are ruled over by a malevolent God is inconceivable? Do they overlook the misanthropic brutality of his millenia of reign over Israel? How cucked do you have to be to say you deserve to be tormented eternally? When I accepted the truth of scripture it wasn't my inclination to rejoice and turn my life over to Christ. Rather I felt disappointed, tearful that this was the nature of our reality. I began grieving my existence immediately. And I can tell you these Christians clearly have not understood what the articles of faith actually are. I somewhat doubt, given the character of the Father, Jesus wasn't actually advising that we dispose of limbs and our ocular apparatus as atonement for sin, But even so Jesus quite clearly says to forsake everything for his sake. Who is really living up to that standard? Its not very likely for most of us. And yet the Christians assume they are saved because they know a man's name while God will gladly toss 10s of billions into hell for having never heard the gospel. Ironically because of this solipsistic arrogance they are probably more deserving of the judgement these unsuspecting saps will face. But as I say, I'm nearly certain most of them are going to be in the "lukewarm" category on judgement day. If they had any sense they would just commit themselves to celibacy and stop throwing new souls on the barbecue. This is worst universe.
>>
>>19041663

I feel like this needs to be the plot of a show.
>>
>>19041663

The idea is that we can only achieve salvation through Jesus. Sinning is a natural thing to us, and we have been covered by the blood of the lamb so that we may stand in God's presence. Love your life avoiding sin, but don't utterly dipair if you fuck up.
>>
>>19041693
Yes, yes we've all heard this spiel before. read your bible again.
>>
Not bumping
>>
File: spiderman thread.jpg (35KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman thread.jpg
35KB, 544x400px
>>19041701
>>
Sage goes in all fields
>>
File: bcf.jpg (26KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
bcf.jpg
26KB, 600x417px
>>19041731

Thank you, sir. My spiderman folder has been woefully empty since I got my new computer.
>>
>>19041663

Do you really think the creator would be jealous of his creation's decisions?

Just look into your heart and ask yourself that.
>>
>>19041745

I've lost track. Is this the thread about how tulpas are bad?
>>
>>19041745
I don't know but I'm aware of the prophecy of Tyre, and the cooked ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah. For all I know, Musk is right about the simulation concept and this is a big RTS for Yahweh. I very much doubt he is "the most high" if that's what you're saying I think the highest divine principle would not need to enforce its authority with threats because you couldn't and wouldn't wish to argue with it in the first place.
>>
>>19041761
Damn son you're retarded af. It's a spiderman thread read the OP
>>
>>19041763

>I think the highest divine principle would not need to enforce its authority with threats because you couldn't and wouldn't wish to argue with it in the first place.

Correct.
>>
File: 9e7.jpg (44KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
9e7.jpg
44KB, 600x441px
>>19041767

I feel as though I've been bamboozled as I do not see your spiderman.
>>
>>19041770
But obviously we'll never get to see its effects because we're already under the demiurge. We're temporally contained such that from our perspective we'll be trapped in hell forever. That's what I reckon.
>>
Once you realize that god is not a diety, but reather an infinite source of love and creativity, and that these lower dimensions are really nothing more than the "one" playing with itself, you'll come to realize the ultimate rule: anything anyone does, they are very literally doing to themselves.
>>
>>19041781

>But obviously we'll never get to see its effects because we're already under the demiurge

He's just a keeper.

He's not omnipotent.

Do not be deceived.
>>
>>19041796
When we're talking about orders of dimensions outside of our comprehension, he needn't be omnipotent in an abstract sense in order to have omnipotence over us.
>>
>>19041663
Men wrote the bible not God you fucking Idiot, this argument that "God is crazy just read the old testament!" Shows your lacking IQ. Maybe you should consider that the Jews just said that shit "Our God is crazy, he'll burn your cities and turn you to salt!" and over time it got sucked into theological canon.

Use your fucking brain dickhead.

btw God is real
>>
>>19041808
Look I really tried to tip my fedora as hard as I could, but the baked ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah apparently exist and there is also several instances of biblical prophecy. I thought that religion was basically stupid, just the biggest carrot and stick dynamic ever. And you know what it is, unfortunately it seems to also be true.
>>
A more important questions is: why are satanfags all such annoying cunts? Seriously, they've had 3 of the same thread up at once for like 4 days now.
>>
>>19041818
OP here. Not a satanist. As far as I can tell Satan works for Yahweh. Yahweh made Satan. Maybe I can extend some sympathy to the devil as the first victim of conscious will in this bogus system. Obviously he can't win and he is Machiavellian and capricious anyway.
>>
>>19041663

Gnosticism
>>
>>19041663
It sounds to me you have been listening to too many protestants
>>
>>19041815
>Sodom and Gomorrah apparently exist

No they don't
>>
>>19041663
>while God will gladly toss 10s of billions into hell
God doesnt toss people into hell
https://oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/spirituality/the-kingdom-of-heaven/heaven-and-hell
>>
File: Anger.png (2KB, 111x94px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.png
2KB, 111x94px
>>19041885
No of course not, they send themselves there :^)
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 243x207px
>>19041852
Its probably bullshit. Its what masons and kabbalists follow. That's probably a good indication its the work of the false prophet and Revelation has already preempted all this. On the other hand the alternative is to try to satisfy a being that regards human life as entirely disposable and prove you are worthy of his kingdom. And at the very least the church seems very divided on the matter of what that involves. I don't know how people fail to see how bad it is to be conscious. Here's a test. Try to envision a concept of Heaven. You'd probably need to think on it. Okay now try to envision a concept of hell. Well that's not hard at all. I can think of a countless number of hellish places. Meanwhile in the heaven category I have to think what kinds of experiences will make it worthwhile over the course of eternity. Even sitting in a chair in a nondescript room over the course of eternity is a hell. Its telling that to come up with some maximally negative experience is trivial and to find a positive experience which might counterbalance it is intangible.
>>
>>19041701
>>19041710
>>19041731
>>19041737
>>19041761
>>19041774

DIS AM FWUFFY THWEAD NAO
>>
>>19041663

Once upon a time a lioness gave birth to cubs. She cared for them as best she could, and that was good. At some point they stopped drinking milk. They needed meat. To kill would be bad, but to let the cubs starve to death would also be bad. And so the lioness set off to hunt. She hunted and killed a gazzele. Then she brought food back to her cubs who loved her and grew healthy and strong. Eventually the lioness died, decomposed and was absorbed by the soil. From the ground grew plants that were eaten by gazzeles.

Good and evil is largely subjective. The world is a system, a vast mechanism. The circle of life is a simple proof. The circle of water is another. Sentient beings are able to better control their own actions and make their own decisions. As such they sometimes cause problems to the mechanism or get grounded between the gears here and there. They blame the architect and call him evil even though they weren't supposed to be there in the first place. They're a bug in the system.
Now, I'm not saying that you should know your place. Far from it. You should know your way around.

For example if you get your fingers caught in a door while closing it, it's not the manufacturer's fault. It's your own stupid fault for not using the knob no matter who you blame.

Any person who believes that God doesn't exist because there's evil in the world is an entitled manchild. His worldview is that of a denial of responsibility. He is never in the wrong and demands that a parent figure gets off it's ass and fixes things immediately. Even though what's good for him is bad for others and therefore God would end up being malevolent to others from their pov. Not to mention that God would have to micromanage this vast mechanism called the universe just to accomodate a glitch. It's a mechanism! It's purpose is to be automated. Managing it constantly defeats the purpose.
>>
>>19042109
this was an interesting read anon, thanks.

why should we believe that we, as sensorily informed temporal beings, not believe that there is an omniscient orchestrator based on prior knowledge? we'd literally be asking for individual proof for 7.5 billion people, an idea jesus said was pretty silly
>>
>>19041781
If the real God above Yahweh is all powerful, can't he just zap us out? From Yahweh's perspective, we are stuck in hell forever, but from our perspective we die and go straight to God, having our memories of hell wiped.
>>
>>19041885
If the bible is true, God makes us knowing we will go to hell. So yes he would be sending us there you cuck.
>>
>>19041663
Book of Enoch is a good show of Gods personality...
>>
>>19041966
>Its what masons and kabbalists follow

No
>>
>>19042324
The only question I would posit is if that's the case why are we here to begin with? It seems if we weren't completely at the disposal of Yahweh we'd have never been put in this position in the first place. That's why I suspect its entirely possible for us to abide in hell eternally.
>>
>>19041693
Why would you knowingly side with someone who willingly condemns hundreds of millions to eternal torture for things as petty and victimless as being gay or not believing in one specific flavor of god? Sounds like a tyrant to be opposed to me.
>>
>>19041885
>Is omniscient and omnipotent
>Knows with 100% certainty whether someone will accept his ideology in their lifetime
>Allows the people who won't to end up in hell regardles because "lol, free will"
>he doesn't send them there
>>
>>19042335
I like the part in 2 Kings where God straight up murders 42 children with bears because they taunt Elisha with the equivalent of "Where ya going, baldie?"
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.