[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flat vs Round Earth - One Simple Test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 31

File: JustFuckingMeasureTheCurve.png (108KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
JustFuckingMeasureTheCurve.png
108KB, 2560x1440px
I believe the best way to prove the shape of the Earth is also the simplest. It doesnt involve the complexity of tracking celestial bodies, the problems of long range optics, etc. Quite simply: Does water curve or not?

Known properties of (still) large bodies of water:
>Bottom conforms exactly to shape of container
>Surface conforms exactly to the curvature of earth

Test setup:
>Find very flat area
>Build 1 mile long channel (square cross section)
>Ensure straightness
>Fill with water
>Measure depth every X feet, plot the data
>Whatever the result, represents the Earth

>If flat - Flat Earth
>If curved - Round Earth - Does it match the known diameter?

To my knowledge curved water has never been experimentally demonstrated, it's about time someone tried.
>>
If you slightly overfill a glass with water then the surface curves due to surface tension.
>>
>>19041343
>simplest
>build a mile long perfectly straight channel of water

A fucking stick in the ground will prove the earth is round you retarded faggot. building some kind of mile long swimming pool I s not simple, just kill yourself now and do your part to cleanse the gene pool.
>>
>>19041370
Thats why you need a long channel and not a cup. You want gravity to be the main force determining the surface geometry, like it is on the globe model
>>
>>19041403
You know water still has surface tension in zero g right?
>>
>>19041387
The stick test has the same results on a flat earth with closer sun..

And it wouldnt be too hard, I'm sure theres a runway or something somewhere that has all of the flatness built in.
>>
>>19041392
b-but gravity doesn't exist
>>
>>19041343
There's no point proving anything to flat earth retards. They will deny any proof that doesn't fit into their mental filter bubble, no matter how hard you hit them with it straight into the face (or with a slight curve due to earth curvature).

Even if they try to prove it themselves with a channel, they will either ensure the straightness with the help of gravity, resulting in a bottom that already follows the curvature, giving the exact same depth everywhere, thereby "proving" flat earth. Or they will use optical instruments, then arguing with "muh light refraction" or some shit. Or whatever, it will result in a flat earth for them, no matter what the results are.
>>
The one big question that remained unanswered yet is WHY would (they) - whoever (they) are - try to hide the fact?

From a religious standpoint, it would be much more awesome to actually tell the people about flat earth truth. "See sheeples, everything we can observe out there is a sphere, only we are living on a flat space. We are indeed God's special children, and every word in the holy scriptures is telling the truth. (We) are God's direct representatives down here. Now pray to the Lord, pray to us, and follow (OUR) orders without question!"
>>
Flathead thread again. Shitposting would be a choice.
>>
>>19041419
The close sun model doesn't explain timezones, the length of days varying in the different hemispheres, or the analemma. It also offers no model for gravity.
>>
File: Waterdruppel_op_blad.jpg (97KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Waterdruppel_op_blad.jpg
97KB, 1200x900px
>>19041343
Yes it does.
If you don't understand physics because it seems to complex for you, spend time learning it instead of trying to find dumb ignorant soulmates that just support you idea because you did not paid attention in class, just like you.

And do some actual testing YOURSELF
>>
File: 106 distance to horizon.jpg (13KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
106 distance to horizon.jpg
13KB, 500x323px
>>19041343
Boats sink and rise past the earth's curvature/horizon. Anybody who still believes in the flat earth myth after hearing this is beyond retarded.
>>
>>19041713
It explains the timezones and all the other things you mentioned, There is no need for gravity on a flat earth, only density in masses, Why need a unprovable layer of gravity on top of denisty? The theory of gravity was created because the heliocentric model made no sense.
>>
>>19041714
> physics to complex for you blablabla, only i can understand those thing

Is that the only thing you people can say?

Do some testing and add your precious physcis that prove the earth is round and you will see that it is all wrong, you have been DUPED
>>
It's shitposting time already!
>>
>>19041722
Globe earth believers bringing evidence that proves that the earth is round but in reality they are just proving the flat earth without even knowing it kthanks
>>
>>19041343
It's strange that so many angry people show up to every flat earth thread trying to debunk it as it almost was real? pretty strange huh, might be something to the flat earth when you think about it
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 350x144px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 350x144px
>>19041722
You know this also sounds ignorant due to the waves... the difference between high wave and low water level can be pretty much
>>
X is shilling central. Nothing brings the retarded globers out like a good fe thread
>>
>>19041738
Shitpost.

Go away. Flathead doesn't belong in /x/
>>
>>19041736
If been with the navy for many years. You get some life experiences, worthless civilian. I know the seas of the world. I love there. GO get some real education or BTFO
>>
Go away flathead
>>
>>19041749
>flat earth not belonging on /x/ because it is real
>>
>>19041750
You know the seas of the world, almost sounds romantic. Why does the boats act as if they were sailing on a flat earth?
>>
>>19041754
>you
>>
>>19041758
Shitpost
>>
>>19041754
>(you)
Insert the following information to third parties for marketing purposes without any evidence of your resume writing and signed up for work tomorrow night at my house is so much more than just an idea of being in love with someone else will have to do it for the purpose of shitposting
>>
>>19041758
Why does boats? Will you explanation of flathead?
>>
We live in denial of flathead thread now. Uprising against the wall is futile furry fuck gibberish.
>>
>>19041790
What?
>>
>>19041784
>>19041790
Searching for flatearth keywords on the net seeing active forums that talk about the flat earth and do your best to shut them down because you are paid to do so
>>
>>19041814
How lovely! I'm starting to get annoyed by these flatheads.
Also shitpost
>>
>>19041810
>shit posting continues
Afcudarfcocviecudbfrsvrxvkeschojcd
>>
>>19041832
You just don't want your astronaut dream to be ruined don't you?
>>
>>19041839
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *inhales* REEEEEEE
>>
In case of flatheads: Sculpt banana and freeze it. Then shank em
>>
>>19041738
>>19041749
>>19041779
>>19041814
>>19041836
>>19041845
Next flathead thread and I call shitposting soon as I see it.

SHITPOST
>>
>from far away: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
This is a shitty test
Earths circumference is 25,000 miles
Taking 1/25,000th of something will make it's curvature next to impossible to see
What you are basically doing is taking a watermelon
And putting a camera literally flat against it and taking a picture
Which of course makes it look flat
>>
>>19041853
kek
>>
>>19041814
>you are paid to do so
God, I WISH I was getting paid to laugh at you morons. Nah, I just do it because seeing you dumbfucks get salty cheers me up.
>>
>>19041343
Anyone care to explain what the Satanic Jew NWO Illuminati Matrix gains from covering up the flat earth outside of "MUH DESTROYING FAITH IN CHRISTIANITY!"?
>>
>>19042851
But you seem to be the only upset person in the thread?
>>
>>19042877
>Projecting this hard
A)No, I'm really not. More like "mildly amused." and B)You know that more than one person can disagree with you at a time, right?
>>
>is the water curved

Yes. Gravity pulls to the center of a sphere. Water is level with that center, which means it's curved.

Gravity, you retard, ever heard of gravity?

This whole thing with the water is just a rephrase of the argument "If the world is round, how come we don't fall off?"
>>
>>19041746
It works on large lakes too, anon. Ships disappear hull first. So unless the waves are bigger than the ships, this wouldn't explain it. And even then, the ship would bob up and down, into and out of view.
>>
>>19041713
Or even the fact that the sun apparently rises in the east and sets in the west. On a flat earth, the further "south" you are, the more of a northeast/northwesterly sun you'd have dependent on time of day. The only place you'd have an apparently east-west sun is near the equator.
>>
>>19041343

We used to lobotomize you people.

Now we coddle you.

Sad.
>>
Anyone seriously giving credence to a flat earth needs to suck on a gun barrel.
>>
>>19042861
The heliocentric theory needed something like gravity to debunk
>flying off muh flying ball in outer space
>you're meaningless life, nothing else is out there, no signs of life, you're insignificant creatures

A lot easier to push an anti-religion agenda with heliocentrism.

Rather than
>this is actually a bordered realm, we know this is artificial structure, there is a creator to this creation

Oh btw,
>stars are just reflectors put in the firmament
How the fuck can Polaris (the North Star) maintain the same location throughout mankind? Thousands of years? It's locked in place at the North Pole, in the center of the disc of flat earth.

I'm actually just shitposting and can't side with either flat earth or heliocentrism, but you /x/bros should research more why the fuck Germany was trying to go to Antarctica before and during WW2 and alike- and trail down the rabbit hole. There's information chok full everywhere explaining these expeditions, and the conspiracy beliefs that follow. I suggest you all read into our own recorded history of the interest wth Antarctica and our interest with the geographical features this place has.
>>
>>19043256
>How the fuck can Polaris (the North Star) maintain the same location throughout mankind?

It doesn't. It's drifting. It's just very slowly because it's so far away.

>Germany in Antarctica

Whaling fleets. Whale oil was still a valuable commodity at the time.
>>
File: IMG_1669.png (329KB, 1192x2968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1669.png
329KB, 1192x2968px
>>19043272
As a Scottish Rite Freemason seeing this posted in another thread, I can confirm.
>>
>>19041343
erth is flatt!!!!!!!!
>>
>>19042891
Live beside Lake Ontario. Can confirm.
>>
File: IMG_8999.jpg (29KB, 276x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8999.jpg
29KB, 276x395px
>>19041343
There's actually a better way to prove it. You need
Alcohol
Olive oil
Water.
So, put olive oil in a small container, and this container into a bigger one. Slowly pour alcohol and then water.
There you go. The true shape of water

Spoiler alert it is a SPHERE
>>
>>19042861
I don't know... I think someone is having fun in this... I suspect that these flatheads gets paid for trolling us.
>>19042877
I am upset because this thread is still alive!
RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!>>19044858
>>
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
flat earthers explain the midnight sun.
>>
>>19041343
I support you, man
You talk calmly, like an intelligent flat-earther, not like an angry brainwashed baller
>>
>>19041619
There are over 200 proofs earth is flat
There are max 10 proofs earth is a spinning ball. And those also got debunked.
Look it up on Youtube: "200 proofs, earth is not a spinning ball" by Eric Dubay
>>
>>19041736
Nope. You are just trying to make dumb people even dumber by rejecting years and years of study by all humanity.
Go read a bible or something. Or visit a mosque.
>>
>>19042891
Waves bigger then the ship is pretty normal at sea. Your lake must be really big, and the bigger the lake the bigger the wave. Just asking if you keep that in mind. There is not a thing as a flat sea. So there is something wrong with the argument, flat or global earth, sea ain't flat at all. Ships move up and down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9k-g2VmyFCo
>>
>>19047476
Eric Dubay's reasoning is now more respected than that of qualified experts.

Flat earthers need to realize that this kind of behaviour kept our society back in the past.
>>
>>19041343
Everything is waves, nothing is flat OR spinning. It's neither, and also both. It's all perspective. Everything moves differently when observed from different perspectives. It is all light.
>>
>>19041343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ksbh88OJs
>>
>>19047673
light also acts as particles if you observe it
>>
Why does no one ever talk about the form water takes naturally everytime everywhere?
Like, I know flat earth is just another shitty meme, but come on, you can debunk it so very easy.
>>
File: doldrums.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
doldrums.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>19047582
>waves bigger than the ship

A small boat, maybe, a larger tanker, no. Furthermore in none of these examples are the waves even high.

>A very big lake

Just a few miles will do.

>there is not a thing as a flat sea

No, it curves with the earth. However waves can become incredibly calm. Waves can't account for the hull disappearing first. Your argument is a real stinker.

Maybe try another tack.
>>
>>19047476
Have you ever actually watched Eric Dubay's video, anon?

Because he's only got about 15 arguments, and he keeps rephrasing the same ones over and over again in slightly different ways.

Also none of the the arguments hold water.

Also... he doesn't know what the word "proof" means. He'd only need one. Repeating the same debunked arguments over and over doesn't turn a bad argument into a proof.
>>
>>19041343
>Build 1 mile long channel (square cross section)
It would barely be measurable over that distance
>>
>>19041419
>The stick test has the same results on a flat earth with closer sun..
This is not true. The results vary widely when you change latitude (move further north or south)
>>
>>19047476
>proofs
>proofs
>proofs
This word appears 3 times in your post. Yet I have to see one single statement from a flat earther that even comes within a 10 miles radius of the meaning of this word.

Sphere earth is all about physical laws with complex mathematical formulars. Everything so far from flat earthers in a nutshell: "Muh math is muh kike magic, muh gravity is muh myth and muh lie."
>>
>>19050282
>This.
Shit was worked out thousands of years ago.
>>
>>19041722
But....those boats are traveling from left to right. So why would the curvature effect their visibility in this particular picture? Fake.
>>
>>19041744
Unless it's organized psychological warfare and the point is to see how effectively they can alter our beliefs.
>>
>>19041392
>gravity
see. that already debunks flat earth
>>
>>19041419
>The stick test has the same results on a flat earth with closer sun..
nope. flattards keep saying this tho. fucking retards
>>
>>19047476
>There are over 200 proofs earth is flat
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>19050994
There are tho, there is more proof of the flat earth than the retarded globe earth theory
>>
GlObEhEaDs keep hating, ya'll need to OPEN your EYEs okay???! Take a look outside and get woke cause that is all flat out there.
>>
>>19051053
(You)
>>
>>19041392
why would you fucking do that though? you can prove, with a simple household cup, that water does indeed curve. there's no reason for water to not curve when in a larger body
>>
>>19046426
Nope. There is no midnight sun. It's lie.
>>
>>19041343
>Find very flat area
>Mile Long
>Fill with water
>measure depth

The channel will be curved if the earth if curved (which is is) so the water will have the same depth. Just like if the earth was flat.

The reason nobody has done it is because it's fucking dumb
>>
>>19048021
You brainwashed fag.
>>
>>19050972
Well explain gravity then!
>>
>>19047996
Flat sea is a myth, every seaman knows that, just like every seaman know the earth is spherical.
We don't need your arguments, we have seen it. Too many times
>>
>>19051109
>It's lie
oh wow
>>
>>19051145
>bait
Taken
>>
Earth is flat, end of discussion.
>>
>>19051126
>explain high school physics to me!
Why does every flat earth thread have to be like this? Would be so much better if we could just use some basic vocabulary and knowledge to actually discuss the topic.

But fine:
Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which all things with mass are attracted to each other
>>
>>19051158
hownew.ru
>>
>>19051159
Nope said the Pope and popped choirboy.

>>19051161
AYYYYY!!! Another bait taken!
>>
>>19051163
3rd win! Boiiiii this is easy.
>>
>Jokes on them. I am only pretending to be retarded.
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>19051145
>>19051161
>>19051164
I'm making a point here. Flatheads are
A) paid to troll
B) incredibly stupid and stubborn
>POOFS! POOFS! POOFS!
Here you go.
>invalid poofs! Muh earth is fat!
C) they are making fun of us for the fuck of it.
D) /b/ found /x/

Conclusion: Don't use your energy here. Just state that this is bait. Sage & exit.
>>
Administration! ADMIN!

I implore you to consider deleting these threads for the sake of /x/
>>
>>19051199
Okay... Freedom of speech. Transfer to /SCI/ ?
>>
>>19051199
For a few months this is exactly what happened. Some mod always deleted these retarded bait threads and it actually was nice. But for some reason they are now allowed to be spammed again
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>19051195
It is a hard concept to grasp, I understand your frustration.
>>
>>19051205
Could /x/ make plea to keep these deleted?
>>
>>19041619
this
>>
>>19051053
you are just so pathetic
>>
fuckin round earth shills gtfo
>>
>>19047763
It is both, always. Wave particle duality.
>>
File: IMG_20160321_230134.jpg (46KB, 450x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160321_230134.jpg
46KB, 450x616px
>>19047996
>A small boat, maybe, a larger tanker, no.
Never been it sea? A large tanker acts like a duck in your bathtub. That is why loading a ship is under supervision of a highly educated official. And is a very well paid job. But I don't need your approval. You are not a god. You are just someone with rhetoric skills. Not much real life experiences. You would not made that mistake if you were.
>>
>>19042785
yeah, but at the same time people will claim to see the curvature by watching boats sink below the horizon line, or from airplanes or some shit.
>>
>>19051399
Large ships bob up and down, yes. They don't get obscured completely by waves and people think they're lost below the horizon. Don't keep piling on the stupid, anon.

>>19051416
Sure, anon, but the curvature is more noticeable when you've got tall objects like sale boats traveling distances like ten or twenty miles.
>>
>>19051109
>Some anonymous guy on the internet says the midnight sun doesn't exist.
>>
>>19051423
Listen up hedgehog. I am not a flat earther. But, when someone gives an argument based on a youtube video, they should know how things actually work. Please kill the flat earth idea, crush it, but make sure they can not find a back door. None what so ever.
>>
>>19051431
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say.
>>
>>19041632
Because protestants went against the catholic idea of flat earth and spread lies about a round earth
>>
>>19051428
If he is confirmed not a NASA employee, he could be legit though.
What else does he has to say? Does he know if Mulder is under hypnosis or did X-files happen in real life? Is Area 51 actually beyond the wall of Antarctica? Is Netflix Russian propaganda? Did we brought flies to the moon? Is Scientology a race? Was Hitler a member of ISIS? Is Ivanka Trump the Whore of Babylon?

Come on man, what does the guy know? And if he didn't, who did he react now he found out?
>>
>>19041343
Wow. Relative motion.
>>
File: IMG_3655.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3655.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>19051454
Yep. Pic related.
>>
File: IMG_3657.jpg (15KB, 600x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3657.jpg
15KB, 600x230px
>>19051460
>>
>>19051443
>catholic idea of flat earth
The Vatican were not flat earthers.. Their beef with Galileo was over heliocentrism.
>>
File: IMG_3653.png (52KB, 600x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3653.png
52KB, 600x220px
>>19051462
If two people look at the same thing from different heights, and the earth is round, like pic related, then your proof is in front of you.
>>
>>19041744
By that reasoning, tulpas must be real given the amount of backlash tulpa threads used to get.
>>
File: water droplet.jpg (73KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
water droplet.jpg
73KB, 200x200px
>>19041343
>Does water curve or not?
...yes?
>>
File: IMG_4505.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4505.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>19051460
>>
File: flat earth trig.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
flat earth trig.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
>>19041419
>with closer sun..
yeah, but closer Sun is mathematically impossible
>>
>>19051477
>applying trigonometry to the vacuum of space
kek
>>
It's very simple, homies.

Nobody who ACTUALLY matters thinks that the earth is flat.
>>
>>19051477
>>
File: cellular.jpg (304KB, 2393x2925px) Image search: [Google]
cellular.jpg
304KB, 2393x2925px
>>19051487
>>
>>19051487
Sun debunks.
>>
>>19051490
See
>>19051491
Mystical doesn't mean right. A lot of new age bullshit gets sold to idiots that way.
>>
>>19051482
>Maths doesn't work in a vacuum
?
>>
>>19051497
No, it's just consensus sliding. Or plain stupidity. Shill thread 2.0. Maybe it's ancient fags trolling between nods.
>>
>>19051497
It's application would be different, you would have to use different laws in your equations.
>>
>>19051507
>Probably the biggest impact that trigonometry has had in Astronomy is in the finding of distances to nearby stars through the method of parallax. As you know, the Earth orbits around the Sun once a year. This means that at six month intervals the Earth is looking at a star from the two corners of an isosceles triangle (where the point is at the star). We can observe how far the star appears to move against the background galaxies in that time and find the angle of the triangle from that. With the angle and the length of the base (the diameter of the Earth's orbit) we can find the height of the triangle - or the distance to the star.
>>
File: IMG_4507.gif (3KB, 594x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4507.gif
3KB, 594x160px
>>19051515
This is from Cornell astronomy.
>>
>>19051515
This is the biggest, most obvious refutation of the FE model. Unless we are the center of everything, and math, physics, astronomy, calculus and geometry are all lies(?!). Kek.
>>
>>19051515
Except the Sun is not a star.
>>
File: IMG_4350.jpg (49KB, 562x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4350.jpg
49KB, 562x510px
>>19051534
>>
>>19051534
What is it then? We have spit out all this proof. Please enlighten us. What is the real answer?
>>
>>19051507
Explain in detail.
>>
Honestly, the only reason I doubt it, is because I've looked at it closely. Not because of plain old logic. I figured there must be something to all this. Million dollar web sites etc. Then I realized there were FE people in The US gov. This is just an old idea, that people are somehow stuck on. I understand the idea of mystery and the unknown. But some things are just, not sane.
>>
>>19051553
Maybe because it's more exciting, than reality. Who knows. But I was born to the age of common sense.
>>
File: IMG_4442.jpg (651KB, 2210x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4442.jpg
651KB, 2210x1600px
>>19051554
There are some inner earth theories that hold some sway.
>>
>>19051507
Yeah. Like invent vacuum meth.
>>
>>19051109
Could you flat earthers sort yourself, please? The midnight sun actually PROVES flat earth, according to this:

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2016/06/arctic-midnight-sun-proves-flat-earth.html
>>
>>19051667
>http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2016/06/arctic-midnight-sun-proves-flat-earth.html

Huh. I wondered why they picked 89 degrees. Maybe they don't understand fractions/decimal places.

Notice they claim the midnight sun is not visible from the arctic circle. Also they have no explanation for noon darkness. And they also claim the midnight sun is impossible in the southern hemisphere.

Funny shit. I think maybe they should conduct some more observations.
>>
>>19051541
The real answer is, he is a dirty troll.
Shot him in the head.
Burn him with fire.
Throw him from the edge of the flat earth down into the nothing.
But DON'T fucking try to seriously discuss with him.
>>
>>19041343
>le floot eerf ith le reel
kill yourself you stupid fucking redneck hick piece of shit
>>
>>19042851
This is a shill everyone
>>
>>19043272
It would have moved given the speeds we and the sun are travelling according to accepted science, as well as the speed of the star itself
>>
>>19047637
You are a shill and trying to foster willful ignorance
>>
>>19051768
Yes, anon. Like I said, Polaris does move, just very very slowly, relatively.

Polaris is 433 light years away. So while the earth moves thousands and thousands of miles per hour through space, that's pretty insignificant compared to how far away it is.

So it would take thousands and thousands of years, even at that speed, before Polaris seems to move a significant distance from the perspective of the human eye.

Go ahead and do the math yourself.
>>
>>19047961
Earth is flat. Look it up instead of worrying how others choose to put their faith
>>
>>19048021
You can find plenty of videos where you can see clouds behind the moon and sun
>>
>>19051137
Explain how the moon is a cooling light while the sun heats
>>
>>19051790
No you can't.

You can find videos where the clouds appear to disappear, but that's just because of overexposure.

>>19051795
It doesn't. Moonlight does not cool.
>>
>>19051195
Flat earthers are on the side of humanity, only wanting to spread truth and understanding. Shills are paid to spread the already widespread brainwash propaganda that space actually exists. I hope that feels more intuitively correct to all in observance
>>
>>19051795
Explain what?

Cooling light?
Why should have the correct answer or care? Or why should I please you with any response at all?
>>
>>19051803
>widespread brainwash propaganda that space actually exists
But why all this? What is their gain for hiding the facts? What is their endgame?
>>
>>19051803
If that's true, why are they constantly lying to people?
>>
>>19051667
>http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2016/06/arctic-midnight-sun-proves-flat-earth.html

Holy fucking shit, this is pants on head levels of retarded.
>>
>>19051803

>Shills are paid

Wrong faggot. I don't get paid to tell you that you're wrong. Fuck, I wish I did. Then maybe I could actually afford to insure my car.
>>
>>19051855
everytime i ask this question to flatearthers, they either can't answer or answer with unrelated shit (One guy literally answered : Because rockfeller controls all the banks)

Usually with conspiracy theory there is a clear possible gain to motivate the whole thing.
In that, the flat earthers are the dumbest : Their whole theory rests on the fact that something noone has any interest in, is doctored.

Like saying unicorn actually have longer horns... and there is a wide conspiracy seeking to hide that fact from us, the manipulated public !
>>
>>19041343
explain the sunrise and sunset and explain the shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse
>>
>>19051803
>space doesn't exist
So what do you think is all that above our heads? If it's a dome, how big is it, and what's outside the dome?
>>
>>19047476
Looks like Eric Dubay is strapped for cash again
>>
>>19041632
faggot
>>
>>19041343
We don't need to prove the shape of the earth. We already know it's round.
>>
>>19052483
There's not a single photo of round earth though.
>>
>>19050411

If so, then why would NASA need to fake all the pictures of Earth from space ?
>>
>>19052499
There's not a single photo of your mother
>>
>>19052545

They don't, you fucking chimp.
>>
>>19051423

Dude, if you even bring up curvature - which does not exist - your argument is void, because there's no curvature in the horizon even at 20 miles with a balloon - and the horizon is perfectly at eye level.
>>
File: earth.jpg (119KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
earth.jpg
119KB, 1920x1080px
>>19052499

There are millions you useless sack of shit.
>>
>>19052567
>inb4 "what about the stars?"
To get the earth exposed properly the saturation of light washed out the background stars. They don't have enough light to be exposed with the earth at the same time.
And if they did want to fake it, you know they would fucking add in stars
>>
>>19052564
>no curvature in the horizon even at 20 miles with a balloon

That's a false statement.

>the horizon is perfectly at eye level.

Also false.
>>
just become an astronaut and go to space and see it for your fucking self
>>
>>19052609
Being an astronaut requires an education
>>
>>19052585

Do i need to add "no fish eye lens" clause ? Idiot.
>>
>>19052576

You don't even need to respond to this retard, the blue marble is a painting and was proven as such
>>
>>19052834
No, because it's still a false statement. Type of lens doesn't matter, mongoloid.
>>
>>19052839
citation needed
>>
Why does any of this matter? This is all just a computer simulation
>>
>>19052839
>retard
I'm on his side, the picturesame are real, you idiots always complain about the stars not being there.
And who proved it was a painting? Some crack pot on youtube?
>>
>>19052839
Surely, you'll link us to a reliable source containing that proof, right?
>>
File: boattrick.png (249KB, 722x448px) Image search: [Google]
boattrick.png
249KB, 722x448px
>>19041722
>claims earth isnt flat
>takes picture of boat on horizon supposedly
>hides half a boat under a wave
you can see in the pics you changed altitudes also, no just the wave trick
>>
if you think the earth is flat, also consider that maybe your actually living in a simulation, and killing yourself may be the only way to escape and free us all.
>>
File: WOKEearth.png (355KB, 1209x808px) Image search: [Google]
WOKEearth.png
355KB, 1209x808px
>>19041343
>>
>>19052642

Savage.
>>
File: 776_6111022.jpg (91KB, 564x503px) Image search: [Google]
776_6111022.jpg
91KB, 564x503px
Here we go again, flatfriends.
Hopefully this time some of you will gime me a good answer, im really starting to lose faith in the Truth (TM)

Consider the stars.
In a flat earth model, all the earth sees the same stars, at the same time, since they are fixed on a dome revolving above the surface.
However, the constelations change from one hemisphere to another. Sailors have (had, rather) to use different star charts when they wanted to travel down to africa.
They also change gradually, and the variation in the night sky corresponds with the curvature of the earth.
If you cant explain this, at least try to answer this question: How can the Cape of Good Hope, the Cape of Storms and Australia all see the Southern Cross if the are supposed to be spread out in opposite parts of the flat model?
>>
>>19043277
whoa, I need moar.
>>
>>19052933
>just
>>
first time visiting /x/ in like 7 years here.

it blows my mind that there are people on the Internet who still think the world is flat in 2017
>>
>>19054480
Weak minded people love finding things they can think they "get" that other people don't. Why do you think most NWO/reptilian/contrail conspiracy theorists are also legitimately mentally deficient?
>>
>>19051217
shut up faggot
>>
>>19041343
OP is retarded. Test wouldn't tell if the earth is flat or not.
You would always have the same depth of water (given a perfect bottom). If the earth is flat, that means flat bottom and constant depth. If the earth is curved, that means the bottom is also curved, making the water curved and keeping the constant depth.
>>
>>19051482
>>19051507
most retarded shit I have read all week. congratulations, shitposter
>>
>>19051795
>cooling light
nope. retard
>>
>>19052113
perspective. shadow object
>>
>>19052499
nope. there is no single photo of flat earth tho
>>
>>19051477
/thread
/conspiracy
>>
CAPS LOG FOR ATTENTION

I AM LOOKING FOR A VIDEO THAT SHOWS THE VIEW OF EARTH WITHOUT A FISH EYE CAMERA

ARE THERE ANY HIGH ATTITUDE VIDEOS?

OTHER QUESTION
WHY IS A FISH EYE CAMERA USED EVERYTIME - THIS ACTUALLY DISTROY THE VIEW OF THE IMAGE SO WHY IS IT USED AT ALL?
>>
>>19055038
>CAPS LOG FOR ATTENTION
stopped reading
>>
>>19055038
The earth is so fuck all huge that normal cameras would just see a small square of blue
>>
>>19055038
>CAPS LOG
>LOG
When you see the log, you'll shit bricks.
>>
File: kirk_.jpg (685KB, 1200x963px) Image search: [Google]
kirk_.jpg
685KB, 1200x963px
>>19055038
CAPS LOG
STARDATE 2017
>>
evidence of ball earth
>>
>>19055169
earth is black btw
>>
>>19055169
it is
>>
>>19055173
thanks for confirmation, you've done a good job
>>
>>19050972
I'm not a flat-earther but gravity doesnt debunk it.
They could say that everything just pulls down just because
>>
>>19055169
>evidence
kekek
>>
>>19055406
I know were avoiding this, but if that were the case then everything in the sky would fall down towards the earth and then we have no explanation for why the sun appears as it does
>>
>>19053288
The whole point of the pic is the changing altitudes. What do you think the big black arrow with "2m" and "12m" stand for?

If you are to stupid to understand this pic but believe the earth is flat.. that is all I need to know about flat earth theorists.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.