[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twin Peaks Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: 360[1].jpg (9KB, 360x237px) Image search: [Google]
360[1].jpg
9KB, 360x237px
Well that was awesome. Who else watched it tonight?
>>
>>19040694
How could you have finished it already?
>>
Put that shot I the internet, fool!
>>
Where can we watch the new episode online?
>>
>>19040694
broiler alert
>>
>>19040694
It was what I expected in that it was nothing like I expected, which is great.

Completely abandoned the comfy feel and the soap opera parody and went full on fever dream nightmare. On one hand I do miss the comfiness but I'm a huge fan of Lynch and adore the nightmare stuff so I definitely didn't mind it.

Seems a lot less character driven though, and that's a little saddening.
>>
It will only be fresh in my mind once, that's about the only flaw I could find.
>>
File: movie.jpg (2MB, 1956x2868px) Image search: [Google]
movie.jpg
2MB, 1956x2868px
>>19040694

passing through and found this image hidden away in my 4chan folder.
>>
>>19040694
Yes.
Probably need to rewatch though, I forgot a number of the characters and it took me a while to recognise the 25 year older versions of some of them.
>>
File: 1495494680325.png (669KB, 766x647px) Image search: [Google]
1495494680325.png
669KB, 766x647px
Loving every second of it. Looks like it'll be Inland Empire sprinkled with some Twin Peaks for 18hrs
>>
I'm really glad I had finished the book before watching the new eps. Since they released 4 eps, is there not going to be any new ones for like two weeks?
>>
Never saw the original series but Im liking this so far. Is the red curtain room and the space scene supposed to represent the astral realm? That scene with the lady with the fleshed over eyes with the jittery skipping effect, like replaying a scene in your mind, reminded me of astral projection techniques
>>
>>19040694
>This is how I sound.
>WASSLSLSLSLSLSLSLSLSLSLSL
The Arm is the best and most /x/ approved character.
>>
>>19045884
It's supposed to be Purgatory and the black room is Hell.
>>
>>19045853
or you can watch ep 3 and 4 through torrents, they have already come up in europe
>>
>>19040694
I loved the nonexistence place. I hope they go back, I want to fund out who mother is.
>>
>>19040694
Do I need to see season 1 first?
>>
>>19047538
I would if I were you. And the 2nd and the movie.
>>
>>19047547
thought so, I've heard many good things about the first season,
I guess I'll watch it first.
also what movie????
>>
>>19047565
There's a movie prequel called fire walk with me that, to me, is even more intense and paranormal than the series. Definitely save it for after the show though.
>>
>>19047574
ok anon thanks :-)
>>
>>19040694
i wasn't exactly hyped but i'm glad people are saying it's as good or better than they expected
i just need to sit through the first 2 seasons then i guess i'll watch it once it's ripped in full
either way, i hope this sparks some actually worth while newly inspired movies/shows/anything really
>>
>>19047574
Make sure to get the fan recut of the movie which adds many many cut scenes released as bonuses into the main movie as they were intended, making it 3 hours and 30 minutes long. The theatrical cut which was very slightly expanded is incredibly cut and misses out on some things which are referenced in this third season (particularly [spoiler]the story of agent Philip Jeffries, the ring, garmanbozia, and a few others[/spoiler]).
>>
File: killer-bob[1].jpg (81KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
killer-bob[1].jpg
81KB, 590x350px
>>19040694
I completely forgot that a new series was being made for this. How is it so far lads? Does it match the original in terms of what-the-fuckery?
>>
>>19047720
Surpasses it.
>>
File: bob[1].jpg (113KB, 653x488px) Image search: [Google]
bob[1].jpg
113KB, 653x488px
>>19047974
Considering I just saw the Glass Box scene, I'm inclined to agree with you on that.
>>
>>19045884
You definitely need to see the original series. This new series is already hard to follow to begin with, you should at least familiarize yourself with the characters and story.
>>
>>19047720
It seems to have abandoned the comfy mystery and soap opera parody all together and is instead 100% what-the-fuckery (and I'm not complaining.)
>>
>>19047516
I think the mother could be the glass box spooky!
>>
It didn't feel like Twin Peaks at all ...
Maybe I'm just too old
>>
>>19048534
It has a more cold stoic style and is less reliant on characters, and they've also eliminated the soap opera parody. So yeah, stylistically, it's very different. But anyone moderately familiar with Lynch's other surreal works would expect this kind of style.
>>
>>19045891
No. This isn't Christian mythology.
>>
>>19047327
You don't need torrent. They put all the episodes up on the Showtime app and also made them available through Showtime on PS Vue. We watched through 3, but are holding off on 4in order to give ourselves more time to enjoy/contemplate everything that has happened.
>>
>>19048898
its native american mythology
>>
>>19049674
No it's not, it's completely made up for the show.
>>
>>19049818
ur mum is made up for the show
>>
File: 1495607508314.png (26KB, 200x226px) Image search: [Google]
1495607508314.png
26KB, 200x226px
Is Lynch a Blavatskian Theosophist?

>A group of spiritual masters with magical powers originating in Tibet
>They guide human development and evolution
>They come from a place called The White Lodge
>Lynch is into transcendental meditation and Tibetan Buddhism (echoed in Cooper's character)
>Uses the blue rose as a symbol, in literature the blue rose means German Romanticism, which was popular with the German Idealist philosophers that inspired Blavatsky
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drukpa_Lineage

Some nineteenth and early-twentieth century writers believed the "Dugpas" to be sorcerers focusing principally on the left-hand path traditions and various Tantric practices of Buddhism.[3] Alexandra David-NĂ©el claims that the name "Dugpa" comes from the Tibetan word for thunder, as the first monastery was built during a thunderstorm.[4]

The name "Dugpa" was used on the television show Twin Peaks to refer to a group of black magicians connected to the Black Lodge
>>
>>19052268
Most likely not, in fact if we were to ry to claim Lynch is "a" anything, just from twin peaks, I'd vote masonic madman.
But I find it much more likely that he's used his wealth to travel and learn, satisfying his interests in the unusual, he probably knows about Blavastsky, sure, but it's more likely a theme/concept he draws from as a creator from time to time, rather than a hint at his private life.
>>
File: 1495563437687.jpg (254KB, 979x656px) Image search: [Google]
1495563437687.jpg
254KB, 979x656px
This show is and has always been garbage, go to /tv/ if you want to jerk off to this nonsense.
>>
File: 1491017924201.png (74KB, 262x224px) Image search: [Google]
1491017924201.png
74KB, 262x224px
>>19052555
nah man fuck you
>>
>>19052268
I'm sure it was Mark Frost who came up with the theosophist background of Twin Peaks (Black and White Lodges, Dweller in the Threshold, Dugpas, etc.)
>>
>>19045229
What does the golden sphere represent? The Elixir of Life or some shit?
Someone redpill me on this.
>>
>>19049818
>it's completely made up for the show

You realize Twin Peaks' mythology draws inspiration from occultism right? Especially from theosophy.
>>
File: f63[1].jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
f63[1].jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>>19052555
Hello Pledditor. Have you ever asked your mother why she didn't abort you for being a useless sack of shit that lazes around in the basement, leeching off of resources shitposting on the internet, when you could be doing something useful with your life? And all this combined with shit-taste in television.
>>
>>19052555
>Oh no, a low amount of viewers
wow better change what I like.
>twin peaks and twin peaks fans belong on /tv/
TP inspired the x files, /x/'s name is a reference to the the x files and it's users are nicknamed /x/philes
It's just as relevant to /x/ as ghost stories and the horror genre as a whole
>>
>>19045853
Next weekend they are playing episodes 3 and 4. Then the following week will be episode 5, and they'll do one episode per week.
>>
>>19045853
3 & 4 are up on Showtime Anytime and Showtime VOD>>19047974
>>
>>19047565
>watch original series until the killer is caught in season 2
>then you have like 10ish mostly boring episodes, either attempt them or just skip to the last 2 episodes and ask /x/ or /tv/ any questions you might have from the stuff you skipped
>then watch the prequel Fire Walk With Me, there are things introduced in it that are explored in the new season
>there is also a collection of deleted scenes called Missing Pieces, they are mostly boring but watch them if you want, and don't watch the fan version that edits it into the movie because it breaks the flow
>>
>>19052555
That's actually really good for Showtime, and they're getting a record number of new subscribers.

Keep being a pleb though.
>>
>>19047516
Who was that woman? Was she the same woman with clay over her eyes or a different person?

Also, I saw someone mention that [spoiler]Josie[/spoiler] shows up in one of the episodes. Was she the one with her eyes covered? (I haven't seen episode 4 yet.)
>>
>>19053003
Joan Chen was not on the cast list, last I saw. I thought that was Ronette Pulaski, but I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>19053629
>I thought that was Ronette Pulaski
I thought it looked like her too! But she wasn't killed, so I dunno.
>>
File: IMG_4327.jpg (66KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4327.jpg
66KB, 652x367px
>>19040694
Raised on Lynch.
>>
>>19053919
Didn't Roberts walk out of the woods, in fire walk with me?
>>
>>19053936
*Ronette.
>>
>>19053936
Yes. In the tv show she had walked across the border from Canada. That's why the FBI was involved, because it became an international thing. She was usually unconscious when you saw her except for like the second-to-last episode when she seems conscious and well.
>>
>>19053976
Right. She was catatonic. I watched Fire Walk With Me tripping on acid the first time I saw it. I think it impacted me permanently.
>>
File: IMG_0492.gif (2MB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.gif
2MB, 600x330px
Sometimes I found myself sitting for what seemed like an inordinate amount of time staring at something truly bizarre on screen, and thinking, how did we get here? Is Lynch just fucking with me? And then this scene made it all worth it...
>>
>>19052669
I'm pretty sure it was the animating essence of a homonculus, and this image is the deconstruction of said homonculus
So I guess you could argue it represents life itself. But the denizens of the Black Lodge feed on garmonbozia which is distilled pain and fear
And because this homonculus was made by the Black Lodge, and because garmonbozia is usually represented as yellow (its creamed corn), I'd say its the animating drive of pain/fear.
I dunno. It's also just a floating yellow orb
>>
>>19054697
Would you say garmonbozia is loosh and this series is about Perfect Possession (to use Exorcism language)?
>>
>>19054715
Not terribly familiar with loosh or perfect possession, but from what I know I'd say that there are definite overlaps
Garmonbozia is like loosh insofar as it is a purely negative pole of loosh (is that possible?)
And the show definitely deals with perfect possession as a means to gain the purest form of garmonbozia
But while the show deals with all of this it also simultaneously overflows these concepts
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.