[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a taoist immortal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

How do I become a taoist immortal?
>>
You don't
>>
>>19038094
Find God. Become soulmates with him.
>>
>>19038094
Where have you heard of such?
>>
Master your own mind.

The answer is always more meditation.
>>
>>19038094
Believe that you are one and you will find your way.

The farther you are from a taoist immortal, the harder your journey will start. Good chance you will find yourself as a fool. This is a good thing.

Who wants to be immortal, anyway?
>>
>>19038094
Be one with the tao
Feel it but don't look for it
It's a self discovery journey that only those who walks the path knows
>>
>>19038143
This cannot be stressed enough. The Key is within. Why do you think society conditions us to focus on the external world?
>>
>>19038094
I would assume via Taoism.
>>
>>19038143
>>19038276
Isn't meditation the biggest waste of time ever? I've tried to get started many times through out my life, but with no success. But a few months ago I quitted drinking, drugs and nikotine. Even coffee. And now this thread gives me the idea to try again, but I can't get over what I said about wasted time. If you could convince me otherwise, I would be grateful. Sorry for bad English, my mind is very tired.
>>
>>19038430
There is no such thing as wasted time. I can see your focus is in past or present. What was done, what could be done, what should be done, what needs to be done. That's a lot of worrying to be done, friend.

You live on a timeline, and your focus is on the whole line. Meditation is to bring your focus on to the center of this line. The point, and only the point.

I would like to hear from you anon: how is it possible to waste time? Time has no inherent value. It is everywhere. Time is what you choose to make it.
>>
>>19038531
There's a reason why we "pay attention" to something. Focus is a valuable resource.
>>
>>19038531
I have no thought about the things you say. But, nothing is happening while you meditate. You do not manipulate the physical world. But I guess that is meaningless of course. It's just hard to let go.
>>19038584
Why is that?

Really interested in your answers, will read in the morning if there will be any more of those. Take care
>>
>>19038430
Meditation has been shown to re-wire your brain in beneficial ways.
>>
>>19038609
I enjoy writing and that feels meaningful. Meditation does not feel meaningful. But I'm sure that it actually is, and I would like to have the perspective that is needed to perceive it as such.
>>
>>19038609
Why do you need to interact with anything at all? All things come to rest eventually. May as well do it temporarily and enjoy the benefits.

>>19038584
It's a valuable resource, so learn to use it in all possible ways. It's like using a pencil and ignoring the eraser.
>>
File: lao-tzu.jpg (36KB, 207x300px) Image search: [Google]
lao-tzu.jpg
36KB, 207x300px
Something to do with mercury poisoning I guess?

Fuck it, just roll with the Tao and live a good life.
>>
>>19038094
Come to terms that you are mortal.
>>
http://www.meditationexpert.com/ebok/howtomeditate.pdf
https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Tao-Longevity-by-Huai-Chin-Nan.pdf

You're welcome
>>
>>19038097
correct answer
>>
>>19038094

Stop existing phisically. How? Just meditate until you die i guess,get ride of your wordly needs
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.