[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Home"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: The Right to wage War.jpg (85KB, 540x594px) Image search: [Google]
The Right to wage War.jpg
85KB, 540x594px
I keep hearing this term pop up in occult studies, usually in the context of "the journey is home" or "find your way home." I get the feeling they're not talking about home in the same way I'm conceptualizing it. Any of you guys have any insights or reading suggestions?

Thanks much
>>
>>19038043
ET phone home.
>>
>>19038043
What texts are you seeing it in? We're gonna need some more
>context
>>
File: 1485682683852.jpg (109KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1485682683852.jpg
109KB, 480x608px
>>19038049
Sure thing, here's a selection from a larger text:

Can you see the admixture of color and sound yet? You sense it. If even you can only taste the one that's gone. That's your only Memory and touchstone. Otherwise, why would you wait? Hope has a color and a sound and a taste and a touch and 11 more sense you don't know you have yet. And this is why you worship them. The gods and demons beyond your control. They went through it before you. They are your ancestors, and this is in the blood. They are your Aedra/Daedra. And sometimes their names get mixed up.

Still the same: they show you the path. Even as an orphaned star, you will get HOME again. You always have your birthsign. Rejoin with it. That's your family. The star signs of the magic that rules this world. They know the way. All you have to do is look, hear, touch, taste or feel for their presence. It's in their job description.

and other from a post on this board:

You're going to be so pissed when you finally achieve pralaya and find the face of Brahma on the other side of Shiva's head.
The journey itself is home, lad.

Let me know if I can further clarify anything.
>>
>>19038067
IDK wtf the first one is on about, but the second is saying that the destination in the spiritual pursuits is actually within the journey itself, and vice-versa, if you will.
>>
>>19038043
Heaven
>>
>>19038043

Stop expecting the maya to spoonfeed you, and look within to find your own answers. You'll figure it out rather quickly if you practice earnestly instead of armchair studying. Otherwise, you're missing the entire damn point of /that/ particular answer.
>>
>>19038067

Wow. Yeah, no that makes a lot of sense, but it's hard to type out without missing something. You're on the right track, let your subconscious worry about it. You will see if watch, with all your senses.

And don't forget that your mind, your very fabric of thought, is your greatest sense.
>>
Existence is the search for answers. A journey towards home.

Truly, having all the answers negates the purpose of existing in the first place. So home becomes purposeless. In order to establish purpose, we must again search for answers (leaving 'home'). Therefore, the journey is home. Until we get tired of journeying.
>>
File: 1484200834981.png (169KB, 1594x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1484200834981.png
169KB, 1594x1056px
>>19038132
I mean if you get your rocks off feeling superior to others because I "just don't get it" then go ahead and jerk yourself off as much as you want man- studying earnestly means asking questions from people who know more than you. What is the most basic interaction between student and teacher? Asking questions.

>>19038144
I appreciate the response but the "you know what I mean" answers typically bug me. I'm a smart cookie- give me what you have to offer and I'll parse out a truth from it.

>>19038159
So leaving home is the journey home? Could you say that again but in a different way?
>>
>>19038043
That's a cool image! Is there a translation? Are there any more like these?
>>
>>19038207
It's concept art for The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. I don't think there's a real translation, but I could give you the breakdown if you're still interested after knowing it's from a video game. I chose the image because Michael Kirkbride is all up Crowley's bunghole and the Occult/Gnostic lines of thought- thought it was appropriate.
>>
>>19038195
>Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

That's home!
>>
>>19038247
I'm new to this board, is this some sort of troll post like how "stat me" threads in /tg/ invariably attract Owl Bear statblocks?
>>
>>19038278
If you care for these topics, you will realize that the nutcase [Sacred Text] quotes are allegorical; they are metaphors for the indescribable. Rather than one owl-bear statblock, think of posting every old and new stat block there is, no matter of it's current relevance. Some people still play 3.5, some people play 5, some people have their own systems. But every system works.

>>19038195
>Say that again
Home is realizing that home isn't all you hoped for, and setting back out on the trail for something new/better. Home is stagnation, ignorance, or bliss. Some people are happy there. The rest of us live on the road. The journey is home. The road we walk is home. The journey home is home.
>>
File: 1492440938843.jpg (78KB, 400x805px) Image search: [Google]
1492440938843.jpg
78KB, 400x805px
>>19038319
I figured that much, I just see Revelations posted here and there and I was wondering if it was a gaff. Turns out I'm not just stupid, I'm socially inept.

Well said, and pretty relevant to MK's texts if you know a thing or two about elves.
>>
>>19038345
I like that picture.

Text Thumpers may as well be a gaff, but even shitty humor has answers sometimes. You're not stupid, every skeptic starts by rejecting what is not based in reality. Remember that what is subjective is objective to the person who wrote it; the person who wrote it is based in reality. This is an important understanding for a skeptic. Doesn't mean you'll gain much understanding reading through their shit, though. Like I said, they're phrasing it with an old edition when many of us are closer to the present.

I'm not familiar with MK texts, only the premise. Are they allegorical, or do they represent this idea of home/journey?
>>
>>19038515
Oh I'm thoroughly entrenched in Occult thought (hell, I think Music of the Spheres is onto something) I just couldn't tell if the text thumping was sarcastic or sincere.

Insofar as they relate to what was said: Altmer constantly drone on about Aldmeris- the "ancestral homeland" where everything was great, elves were immortal, and beings were essentially without limit.
The punchline is that Aldmeris isn't real. Or rather, Tamriel IS Aldmeris, but the Altmer refuse to recognize it as such because it has the stench of mortality.
In that sense, their supposed "Journey Home" is fallacious because they're already "Home." It's their Memory of Home that they're after, but even that isn't sincere because no one who was alive at that time exists any more. They have heirloom memories that don't even belong to their parents or their parents' parents. It's similar to how Victorian era England was obsessed with trying to connect itself to the Roman Empire.
>>
>>19038559
Classic fall from eden scenario. Tolkien's elves also came from an ancestral homeland full of magic and cotton candy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valinor
>>
>>19038625
There are other texts that suggest that the being who orchestrated the "fall" did so because it was ultimately necessary. He tricked them into mortality because, infinite spirits that they were, they had no idea how to transcend what they were (without limitations one has no idea how to surpass those limitations, so it goes). So while being an expression of the infinite was nice, that infinite was built on a cosmic foundation of betrayal, loss, and anguish. Trickster figure had about enough of that.

It's all very Satan/Prometheus.
>>
>>19038669
Can an infinite being cry? How does that even work?

Also on the topic of TES and going home, let's not forget about the Dwemer just fucking disappearing all of a sudden.
>>
>>19038669
>>19038754
Also on a related note, how do you trick a perfect infinite entity into giving up its perfection?
Wouldn't such an entity be untrickable?
>>
>>19038207
>>19038230
Yeah, starting with the 36 Lessons of Vivec, and going off from there, Kirkbrides stuff is very interesting.

Pretty sure that image depicts Vivec and the four Daedra of the House of Troubles. Vivec learns from them and at some point has sex with one of them because Vivec is a hermaphrodite.
>>
>>19038911
A lot of mythology involves tricksters or humans tricking gods with cleverness to get what they want... But it doesn't always end well (Prometheus, Odysseus)

One must be cunning as well as strong.
>>
>>19038195

late returns

Home is where you are most comfortable, where you fit in, home is where what you could be and what you are merge together as one, home is the end of enlightenment, because when one is enlightened his is at acceptance with all things, and they accept him... in theory. That would be the person coming home, to his soul's home, to the place he was designed and meant to be in.
>>
>>19039047
Supposedly Prometheus's story wasn't supposed to end on a down note. In unbound he was released by Zeus and the two come to some sort of mutual understanding and respect leading to a brighter future for humans(or at least a future of wider potential). Unbound was destroyed along with tons of other significant historical and fiction pieces during the crusades if I'm not mixing book burnings. In the same event the enourmous book(series) on rome's history was destroyed. i think something like 6 of 45 volumes survived and those six are still pretty damaged. Barely relevant, but wanted to share, I guess.
>>
>>19038043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvlq1F-X6Ko
>>
I've always found something insanely compelling about TES lore, especially the obscure quasi-religious Kirkbride stuff. I want to climb the tower and attain CHIM.
>>
>>19039030
The center figure is boethia, holding a triangular representation of the tribunal (for which they are an anticipation) and wielding behind them a sword that is "the right to wage war." The four shadows are indeed the four corners of the house of troubles and their symbols/weapons.
>>
>>19038230
Sure, I'd like to hear the breakdown!
>>
>>19039748
Thanks for the breakdown, good call on Boethia.

>>19040174
See above!

>>19039231
Same. Maybe it is the basis on so much real occultism, but it is very "real" to me.
>>
>>19038230
>>19039030
Is it not Lorkhan? He's often depicted with angular horns
>>
>>19041467
There's concept art for a daedric mask of Boethia that has horns floating off from their head, so I assumed it was them.
I've only ever seen fanart of Lorkhan though. That's not to say you're wrong (according to MK, you can't be) I just see more evidence the other way.
Then again, it could be a Kyne/Meridia deal.
>>
>>19038754
>>19038911
By definition they can. "Infinite" encompasses everything and then some. If an infinite being does not have the capacity for sorrow, then they can hardly be called infinite.

According to the Lorkhan myth, the spirits were either in on it or were tricked into giving up their immortality for something greater (according to some people, it was both) but that's pretty much describing the actions of beings that are magnitudes higher cosmologically than humans with mortal terms. "It falls short" is an understatement and all that remains is a best approximation.
>>
File: euphoria.jpg (256KB, 1056x723px) Image search: [Google]
euphoria.jpg
256KB, 1056x723px
>>19038669
Lorkhan created a system in which all spirits would inevitably reach the state of amaranth.
He's more of a Demiurge figure, where most Mer are the gnostics seeking to undo his plan.
>>19038754
>let's not forget about the Dwemer just fucking disappearing all of a sudden.
that's really not that compilicated.
The Dwemer knew that not only were mortals just trapped divine spirits, but that the entire reality in and outside of the Mundus was a dream that they considered worthless and wanted to undo.
So they created and merged with their own god that stomped on things and shouted 'no' so loud that things stopped existing. This didn't work out so well and it is now in its own state of quantum existence.
>>
>>19041511
Not sure where you're getting "all spirits," considering how many tried and failed utterly in the attempt (Lorkhan is specifically called out for failing so that those after him might learn how not to).
Again, not saying you're wrong, just wondering how you arrived at that conclusion.
>>
>>19039748
What does each house symbolize/represent?
>>
>>19042078
Collectively, they're "things out of your control." Dunmer have an obsession with dealing with "evil" because those hardships prime them for even harsher circumstances, but the Four Corners of the House of Troubles are things you can't, or at least shouldn't, deal with because the cost is too great (presumably, that is: the guy who says as much is a consummate liar).
Top Left: Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness. He's cartoonishly insane in Oblivion and Skyrim, but in Morrowind he was just unhinged.
Top Right: Malacath, Daedric Prince of the Ostracized and Outcast. According to certain lines of thought, he's the emotional excrement of an Elvish god- the shed-off shame and regret after his deific betrayal.
Bottom Right: Mehrunes Dagon, Daedric Prince of revolution and change.
Bottom Left: Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of Domination. Also known as "the King of Rape."
As far as I'm aware, the symbols are also representative of their spheres. The moon is madness, naturally, the mace-like object is referred to as the "star wound" and brand of the outcast, the dagger is "The Razor" which is a metaphysical process of nymic surgery, but I'm not sure what the hammer is specifically. I want to say it's just a symbol for Bal's big demon dick but it could be many different things. And also Bal's big demon dick. TES works on layers.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.