[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop being slaves to our senses? My entire life is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

How do we stop being slaves to our senses?

My entire life is feelings of energy, tiredness, hunger, fulness, awake, sleepy. Why does my physical body dictate how I feel, how productive I am, what I choose to do? Why can I not be master of my body, instead of the other way around?
>>
>>19036322
It looks like you are confusing the senses with needs and the act of being in general. Do you want to feel nothing?

You are right though. We are slaves to our five senses because they are the only way we know of to interpret reality: sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. Look within and as attention to these senses wanes maybe you will find some inner meaning.
>>
>>19036322
Why separate body from self? Why not just assume that whatever your body desires is what you desire?
>>
>>19036322
You need to fullfill your vessels' needs in order to exist in this dimension.
>>
>>19036479
Because we are not the body.
>>
DRUGS. there is one for every occasion. you can even anesthetize yourself. :D
>>
Who is this "you" that wants to be a master of the body?

"You" is already a result of the physical processes of the body.

The EXPERIENCERdoes nothing.

The best YOU can do is live to have the best experience possible, instead of being the best "you". Be mindful of each breath, make love with every cup of milk, etc.
>>
>>19036642
>make love with every cup of milk

nigga wat
>>
Complete detachment. Your senses are an illusion as real as they might feel.
>>
>>19036322
>slaves
Our senses are a privilege.
>>
Change your attitude and focus to that of positivity and positive feelings will come.

You are what you think about.
>>
>>19036322
With drugs. Feeling tired? Amphetamine. Anxious? Alprazolam. For every ailment there is a drug you can take to remedy this and you CAN fulfill and even SURPASS every possible goal for yourself if through chemistry. You just have to be brave enough relinquish the slightest bit of control to a chemical, and be smart enough to avoid addiction.
>>
>>19036553
You are contained just as much in your fingernails as you are in your brain and heart.
>>
>>19036553
Brainlet detected
>>
>>19036322
Read the Bhagavad-Gita, it deals with this exact question. I recommend the As It Is version by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Most people are engaged with the material world solely for means of gratifying their senses and enjoying the world, but the senses can never truly be satisfied and thus must be controlled else we become miserable. This is attained by way of practicing Bhakti-Yoga. Since the soul is bound to experience sensory experiences until his death, the senses should be used in way of devotional service onto Krishna instead of being solely focused on utilizing the senses for enjoyment.

There's many aspects to this, all of which is detailed in the Gita.
>>
>>19036322
I'd say read the power of now by eckhart tolle. It deals with consciousness etc.
>>
>>19036553
Lol what else can we be
>>
>>19036322
entheogens
>>
>>19036322
Either psychedelics or dissociatives; pick one and enjoy exploring the inner trappings of your mind.
>>
>>19040193
Consciousness; possibility
>>
>slaves to our senses

You do realize that we're a brain controlling a body which is giving us messages on how to stay alive right?

If you just decide to ignore the messages that you're hungry, you're going to starve to death.
>>
>>19041797
Well yeah but body exists because consciousness exists you dip.

That's like saying the arm isn't the body because the body is the body and not the arm.
>>
This is literally the thing Buddhism addresses.
>>
>>19043829
Other way around; consciousness exists because the body exist. All that our mental abilities are is just the way that we interpret the chemical and electrical signals that get shot around our brains.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.