[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The American Southwest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (9KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 284x177px
This area of the USA has always intrigued me. It so vast, barren and empty. There is native folklore, government secrets and tweakers all in the area. Anyone have stories from the area?
>>
I'm from west Texas and have had some crazy shit happen to me. Adventures with UFO enthusiasts, what i assume was a crazy desert person, and abandoned vehicles with weird shit inside, and other stuff.

10/10 would recommend
>>
>>19035751
Its where the amerindians that are least demoralized and dereligioned live.

I do not blame the natives for not opening up to the invaders. After having seen what they did to the blackfoot and the spanish did to the mesoamericans.
>>
>>19035989

Have you been to Arizona or New Mexico? The Native Indians there are a bunch of degenerate meth addicts and alcoholics.
>>
>>19035751
I have a few stories from when I lived in Arizona for a year. I've posted them both here before, one is about a fucked up encounter with a Native American drifter and the other has to do with hallucinations and seeing weird ass shit like I never have before. I'll try to check in tomorrow and take the time to type them out.

Aside from /x/ related spoops, though, that part of the country is a desolate shithole and I regret ever going there for a multitude of reasons.
>>
>>19035751

reading about the Spanish occupation and how early SW american politics evolved is interesting

you cant leave out mexican history iand culture n all of this either
>>
>>19036420

The Southwest was largely uninhabited during the Mexican period except for some unconquered Indian tribes. Furthermore, it was only part of Mexico for a very short time.

Not much in the way in terms of history and culture.

That being said, Mexicans are very superstitious and will believe almost any /spoopy/ thing you tell them, so maybe there some stupid Catholic ghost story they've propogated out there.
>>
File: 1495084073284.jpg (87KB, 400x680px) Image search: [Google]
1495084073284.jpg
87KB, 400x680px
>>19036445
>Uninhabited during the Mexican period except for some unconquered Indian tribes.
>>
>>19036445

early 19th century though, Spanish religious movements found refuge

also, you over generalize the tribes
>>
>>19035751
>Anyone have stories from the area?

It has some of the most polluted and dangerous patches of ground on the entire planet. The feds used parts of Utah, Nevada, and New Mexico for everything from above and below ground nuclear tests, chemical and biological agent testing, and conventional arms ranges for high explosive rounds and bombs of all types. When doing training in parts of Utah back in the day, we were issued live nerve antidote and carried our gas masks, just in case somebody accidentally kicked up something in the dirt that still had live nerve agent.

There's so much poisonous shit, unexploded ordinance of all types, and hazardous waste materials buried or lost out in those deserts that it will never all be cleaned up, or found. My advice if you're ever out there, avoid any areas ever used, or being used, by the feds.
>>
A UFO crashed there in the 60's.
We recovered it, and have been reverse engineering it ever since. Breakthough was made in the 70's, resulting in cell phones, and the technology boom made thereafter. The UFO crashed there due to special traits of the area. These traits include, absolutely nothing to see, do, or care about which lead to the extraterrestrials to fall asleep. And the autopilot to malfunction after sending out a binary signal that can only be interpreted as "fuck this place, lulz".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.