[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legendary Creature/Cryptid Similarities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: wendy001.jpg (522KB, 1707x910px) Image search: [Google]
wendy001.jpg
522KB, 1707x910px
Has anyone ever just sat and compared the common/legendary creatures and cryptids from across the world and noticed the similarities?
For instance - Wendigos, Leshy/Leszy, Skinwalkers, Huay Chivo, Yaal Naaldlooshi are all super similar. Beyond superficial means.
Similar means, habitats, descriptions (somewhat), smells, sounds, everything.

Is it possible that so many "Monsters" are simply unknown, or known but hidden, super predators of animals we simply aren't allowed to know about?

Beyond the conspiracy level, because we don't need shills in here, I'd like to discuss the similarities and differences from a research/dissection angle. How possible is it there 1-3 races of humanoid predators out there? Is there taxonomy or anything to scientifically support it?
>>
Bumping for curiousness.
>>
Nope
>>
why don't you discuss your findings first
>>
No fucking around, I saw a fleshgait once in Kittery point Maine near Fort Foster . It was Smaller then other accounts I have read. It was gollum size, but no mistake the copper smell before the encounter and heard my girlfriend that was with me cell phone ring from the direction that creature eventually appeared from. Like it mimicked it.(I had called it earlier when we were trying to find the phone in the car). I will never forget that image.... the white skin the black eyes the all bone taunt over flesh no muscle.... that fucking green flash that went through its eyes when our gazes met. No ears no genitals no tail. Me and that girlfriend still sometimes talk about it when we connect This was in 2007....
>>
>>19032541
>Yaal Naaldlooshi

Yee Naglooshi
>>
>>19032799
yee naaldlooshii
>>
>>19032768
Cuz he's a lazy fuck that doesn't do research and just wants to speculate wildly about dumb shit that's not real
>>
File: 1492499593341.jpg (472KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492499593341.jpg
472KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>19032790
I think about it all the time. I will never quite understand what went on that night....She froze...me and it locked in the whats it gonna be ? Do we tear each other apart or do go back into the woods? It turned and slowly returned to the forest.
>>
>>19032768
>>19032804
Because I'm at work. I'll post what I personally have in a bit.

I was hoping other people were similarly interested and had maybe had functioning theories, or at least thoughts I could read while passing the time at this stupid counter.
>>
>>19032541
I thought leshy were more similar to nordic/finnic woodland/forest spirits/gods rather than something like wendigos or skinwalkers
>>
>>19032799
>>19032802
Or you could just say skinwalker.
>>
>>19032541
Mythology spreads and evolves over time, thus you can see similarities between mythological creatures throughout the world. Most cryptids are typically just inspired by mythological creatures too, so that shouldn't be surprising.

On top of that, there are certain characteristics that are simply just common in what people find scary, which is another reason why you see similarities in cultures that are otherwise completely different.
>>
I used to browse /x/ religiously in my teens, but only really came back recently. All the sudden it's skinwalkers everywhere. How the fuck did this happen?

>check media
>Skinwalkers 2006 movie
Oh, yeah. Of course.
>>
>>19035466
>>19035480

The term skinwalker is applied to liberally to some other cryptids with similar modus operendi.

In reality, I'd venture to say 60% of all stories are fake. Within the remaining 40%, half of those are misidentified cryptids or non-paranormal situations labelled as "FLESHGAIT/SKINWALKER!!!!"

They are out there, though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.