[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /misotheist/ here? How can anyone love a God that threatens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: hating-god.jpg (14KB, 340x272px) Image search: [Google]
hating-god.jpg
14KB, 340x272px
who /misotheist/ here?

How can anyone love a God that threatens to condemn everyone to eternal torment
>>
>>19031650
stockholm syndrome
>>
>>19031650
>according to the writings of man who claim they heard we'd be eternally punished if we don't obey them, that is
>>
Hell isn't eternal.
>>
>>19031650
So follow a better god.
>>
>>19031669
I don't get to decide who God is

>>19031658
Prophecy of Tyre
>>
File: ra.jpg (49KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ra.jpg
49KB, 512x512px
>>19031780
>I don't get to decide who God is
The hell you don't.
>>
>>19031869
explain anon
>>
There is only one true God. And It has no name.
>>
>>19031780
If your not defining your own "God" then you are simply sheeping off someone else's.

You're too focused on right and wrong
>>
>>19031991
paradoxically, because human beings r apart of God, they r God's, but rn't
>>
>>19031650
That's dumb religtard tier shit. With no resonance there is no creativity. With resonance there is karmic phenomena. With infinity, there is infinite arma. All must be balanced somewhere in infinity. Or you can pop out of existence
>>
>>19031650
He just ends your existence. You put yourself into torment.

Earth is heaven/hell. You pick
>>
>>19032026
Ssssshhhhhh. Spoilers.
If you want to get deep into it, hell is a form of travel: Heaven is a state of mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 470x313px
>>19031650
You go to the beach and a wave crashes on the shore. A drop of water lands on your hand and you observe it. You identify it as a "drop of water." This drop of water does not contain the information of the vast seas and currents of the ocean that it came from, it is too small a fragment. As such you do not identify this single drop as "the ocean."

You put it back in the ocean, it no longer fits the description of a drop of water yet it still exists. It is now back home and is once again the ocean.
>>
File: 1491961212065.gif (175KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1491961212065.gif
175KB, 300x168px
>>19032012
I've seen compelling biblical evidence. However I cannot say that Yahweh seems like a benevolent God,, least of all because he's find with sending 10s of billions of people to hell for being without specific revelation. I can only hope the Monad can do something about this inevitably. But we may be temporally contained within our limited scope of dimensions such that we'll never escape hell.
>>
>>19032063
what the fuck are you talking about? If God is all powerful then he can reconcile his creation eventually. You described the Monad not our immediate archon.
>>
>>19032066
Yahweh is an evolving god. The people who claim he told them to kill their neighbors wouldn't have identified with the mosaic yahweh
>>
File: God Vishnu.jpg (160KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
God Vishnu.jpg
160KB, 791x1024px
>>19031960
There are many gods. It's basically multiple choice. Pick one you like, and go with it. Don't presume the ultimate reality is synonymous with a god.

Shit, Yahweh himself comes from an older polytheistic religion. It's just that his popularity sort of brushed aside all the others. Or the other worshippers were killed.

>>19031991
Consider me skeptical.
>>
>>19032092
The problem is, where are the other religions' fulfilled prophecies? The Bible has many evidences of its events.
>>
0:2.6.GOD is a word symbol designating all personalizations of Deity. The term requires a different definition on each personal level of Deity function and must be still further redefined within each of these levels, as this term may be used to designate the diverse co-ordinate and subordinate personalizations of Deity; for example: the Paradise Creator Sons—the local universe fathers.
0:2.7.The term God, as we make use of it, may be understood:
0:2.8.By designation—as God the Father.
0:2.9.By context—as when used in the discussion of some one deity level or association. When in doubt as to the exact interpretation of the word God, it would be advisable to refer it to the person of the Universal Father.
>>
>>19032076
>if God is all powerful

You have defined "God" as the traditional Christian interpretation. If you are not a Christian, why limit such a concept. Why does God have to be an archon/ruler? Why does God have to be all powerful?

Just be unbiased as possible, observe as many descriptions of the concept of God that you want and then make up your own mind.

>what the fuck are you talking about

It was just a metaphor that describes my perspective on the topic as best I can. I assumed the original post was an invitation to discuss the topic so I contributed
>>
>>19032119
I thought you were just a Christian yourself with some mysticism thrown in. I figured you were playing the "eternal separation" angle. I don't believe there is a way to will God out of existence unless solipsism is true. But I must say I still cannot place your analogy.
>>
Eternal torment > eternal nothingness, you whiney cunts
>>
I don't even know why Christians think God loves every person. It says he "so loved the world". That is to say his creation and in specific humanity. He does not care about individuals who are not in the body of the true church (and God only knows who they are).
>>
>>19032159
What an idiot. Conscious existence is the worst thing that can happen. There's a reason why hell is more tangible than Heaven. We can't even think of anything we'd want to do over the course of an eternity. Meanwhile how easy is it to think of a conception of hell? I think sitting on a chair, even an ergonomic one, for eternity would be a hell of sorts for instance. No, independent consciousness is terrifying and a disaster.
>>
>>19032066
>biblical
>evidence

HA
>>
>>19032159
>I'm torturing you rather than letting you die outright aren't I benevolent?
>>
File: Apu.jpg (5KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
Apu.jpg
5KB, 190x153px
>>19032242
I swear we're just in an app on Yah's phone and he's having a giggle. Elon Musk was right.
>>
>>19031650
You're not condemned to torment, you're suffering from the negative karma of your past. You've done this to yourself and god is actively trying to help you escape from your karma.
>>
>>19032265
there are no words for people like you
>>
>>19032026
This. Even Jesus said heaven is within. If you don't find heaven here, you won't find it after you die.

God created heaven and Earth. It's up to you to create your own hell.

God is perfect, and can't be said to act out of selfish desires. The worst he can ever do is withhold himself from you. That is hell, and it comes from your choice.
>>
>>19032309
Not if its the Christian God. I love eastern eschatology. Unfortunately we might be living in a stupid universe where even Siddhartha Gautama is burning in hell for not worshiping our wonderful benevolent demiurge. Sad too because he understood that the Monad is the most high.
>>
How do I unleash the monad or whatever you do with it?
>>
File: Buddha's_Wikimedia Commons.jpg (2MB, 2273x2971px) Image search: [Google]
Buddha's_Wikimedia Commons.jpg
2MB, 2273x2971px
>>19032434
You'd basically have to be a buddha. Gautama used common sense as a means of recognizing deity as the supreme good, that suffering is the result of need and conscious experience. In effect he had conceptualized the Monad from fundamental conscious understanding. But even then we'd have to wonder if he actually escaped. I think we'll just have to wait it out in the torture chamber and hope that the monad will dissolve all consciousness by resorbing it in time. In the mean time we can understand that bringing new people into existence is damning them with the same fate we face.
>>
>>19031650
Niggas be naming their philosophies after soup now
>>
>>19032092
>YHVH comes fron an older politheistic religion
Wrong, ir comes from Zoroastrianism.
>>
>>19032675
At any rate, Zoroastrianism does not refute the existence of Yahweh. It just prefigures the religious understanding we have today now that his chosen have disseminated their beliefs.
>>
>>19032685
Correct, but it's pretty certain the monotheistic religions come from it, so who knows, maybe YHVH was an ancient zoroastrianist?
Anyway I don't believe in God, it's a fabrication of mankind. Not even Ahura Mazda is real. Under the Allegory there is much more
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>19032692
You may not. But (((They))) do
>>
>>19032694
Ik what you talking about...
P.S: It all started in the Rogue City. They don't believe in Gods, the symbolism has a hidden meaning, one worse than the implicit one
>>
>>19032103
Can you cite a biblical prophecy that isn't just "And so 7 lambs will follow jedediah up the hill to drink from the stream," that can be rationalized to mean whatever event you want it to be?

That's a rhetorical question, btw.
>>
>>19032783
The prophecy of Tyre. God says that Nebuchadnezzar will attack it then many other nations would attack it and finally it would be a place where fishermen would cast their nets (it would be flooded) all of that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnhcZ5sK9tU
>>
File: loving god vengeful god .gif (404KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
loving god vengeful god .gif
404KB, 500x330px
>>19031650
depends on which testament
>>
File: SOMUCH.jpg (64KB, 625x418px) Image search: [Google]
SOMUCH.jpg
64KB, 625x418px
>>
>>19032884
Just because the guy came down for 33 years and acted like a chill dude after thousands of slaughtering and judging the shit out of everyone, you find that reassuring? Nevermind this is when we get the revelation of hellfire and we're told the only way to avoid it is to hate our own families and cut off our hands for Jehovah's sake. I really doubt many Christians will see salvation and they are setting themselves up for disappointment.
>>
>>19031650
>condemn everyone
everyone is an atheist?
>>
>>19031650
misotheist is the edgiest religion. God isn't threatening anyone. If you're shit then you get shit. Its nowhere near as simple as modern religions will make you think it is.
>>
YHVH is the devil
We live surrounded by people whom belong to him and hate us
We are angels of the true God
We must attain gnosis and escape.
>>
>>19031650
People who worship Gods with whom they subconsciously disagree, do so out of fear, not love, usually, I'd say.
>>
>>19032103
>The Bible has many evidences of its events.
Doesn't actually have that much evidence. There are actually even questions as to the legitimacy of the whole "Exodus" thing.
>>
if I told my doctor that I talk to an invisible, omnipotent entity, living my life as he sees fit, i would likely be given a psyche eval and put on anti psychotics. niggas be CRAZY. always baffles me how normal it is.
>>
>>19031655
Quite literally. The Israelites come across like a beaten housewife.

Lamentations 3:16-18, 25-27

>He has broken my teeth with gravel;
>he has trampled me in the dust.
>I have been deprived of peace;
>I have forgotten what prosperity is.
>So I say, “My splendor is gone
>and all that I had hoped from the LORD.”

>The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
>to the one who seeks him;
>it is good to wait quietly
>for the salvation of the Lord.
>It is good for a man to bear the yoke
>while he is young.
>>
God doesn't condemn anybody - people in Hell like to lie, use deception, and mock God just like OP did,. So for that, you get to go where there are lots more people just like you - Hell. Good riddance, asshole. We won't miss you. Just st remember when you get there, you picked it.
>>
You are a like an ant to god. Denying him out of spite is just a little bitch's tantrum and he won't give a shit
>>
>>19033759
Dignity or slavery?...

Hail Satan
>>
>>19032331
>If you don't find heaven here, you won't find it after you die.
Oh, really? You're just supposed to be happy no matter what horrible shit happens to you here, and if you can't and just want to get away from it, you'll be condemned for that? Take this self-righteous bullshit elsewhere.
>>
>>19033779
Then he's a shitty God and doesn't deserve our appreciation anyway.
>>
>>19033858
Ha! Humanity doesn't deserve its own damn appreciation, let alone a fucking God
>>
>>19031650
>God creates universe
>knows literally everything
>decides what is good and what is evil
>"no God you're wrong, I know better"

ok
>>
>>19033889
>More powerful God agrees with the human
>>
The thing is God is essentially yourself. Your consciousness. The "eternal torment" is you reincarnating here in the physical world over and over until Christ awakens between you. Basically you have to use your god-like powers here for good and prune your garden (Earth) and you will awaken.
>>
>>19033849
He's saying that you should try to find happiness here. Obviously, fucked up shit can be beyond our control but you control a lot more about your life than many people realize.
>>
>>19031650
>How can anyone love a God that threatens to condemn everyone to eternal torment
people condemn themselves to eternal torment by sinning against other people.

God makes a way for your sins to be forgiven, even though you could never deserve it, through Jesus Christ.
>>
>>19033786
>Dignity or slavery?...
>Hail Satan
Freedom from the consequences of sin in jesus Christ IS freedom, Anon.

You have no idea of the meaning of slavery until Satan teaches it to you. Unless, of course, he decides to consume you and utterly destroy you into oblivion.
>>
>>19034216
And fucked up shit beyond your control can happen more easily than many people realize.
>>
>>19033759
>mocking god

Your God likes to be feared. I'm not making light of the situation. He's terrifying. Also most people are going to hell just based on their geographic location.. The reason you're okay with that is that you're a solipsistic douche.
>>
>>19034235
You seem to think Satan is the king of helll but actually he is just tormented like the billions and billions of people God plays soul clicker with.
>>
>>19033889
No its religion that made him all good. In Isiah he explicitly admits to being the author of evil. Cucked proddies can't stand the idea of dystheism is all. Yahweh doesn't say he is entirely without malice and is the embodiment of love, that is all imputed by human sources.
>>
>>19032675
There's no Yahweh in Zoroastrianism. There is, however, one in the ancient Canaanite religion. There is also the chief god, El. Sound familiar? I'll give you a hint: It's in "Elohim" and in every name in the Bible referencing God.

Don't fucking play the religion trivia game with me, son.
>>
>>19031667
Finally someone gets it!
God is all powerful, and God is all loving, these are doubtless. Does he want us to learn from our mistakes? Yes, but he won't keep everyone from paradise because he doesn't want to. We'll all be in the same place after we've done our time.
>>
>>19031650
Gnosticism and orthodoxy have no concept as the later, western, catholic hell. Religion scares you into damnation; spirituality teaches you that you're saved.
>>
>>19031650
Carrot and Stick
>>
>>19034736
>the smoke of their torments went up forever and ever
>their worm dieth not

Doesn't sound like it.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.