[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird and Specific Fears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 30

File: 51Gry7gbRML.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51Gry7gbRML.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
What are some odd things you get spooked by? I'm not talking about heights or spiders or any of the normal things. I mean something very specific that has stuck with you and makes you feel anxious anytime you see it.

For me it's people fitting through vents. Not crawling through them but breaking down into something that can fit through the vent cover. That one X-Files episode always stuck with me and freaked me out.
>>
File: JOJO_v06_c56_p018_019.jpg (348KB, 1369x1100px) Image search: [Google]
JOJO_v06_c56_p018_019.jpg
348KB, 1369x1100px
>>19029128
Check it out OP.

I can't remember if I'm spooked by something unusual my memory sucks but I recall feeling intense fear in times of mass histeria where something is happening but you know you cannot do anything like the time I had a dream where a person got himself electrocuted by accident. It was during a parade and people couldn't do a thing to help they just screamed and watched.

I'm afraid I won't know what to do in case of a mass catastrophe or war.
>>
>>19029262
I was looking for that specific scene but pic related was the closest i could find before I got lazy. Completely flipped out when I saw it watching the anime.
>>
im afraid of underwater machinery. if it moves or is powered. old reefs or sunken material is fine though. think of a few scenarioes from Half Life 1. pipes are bad too.
>>
>>19029262
>>19029265
Source?
>>
Ever find yourself on a high ledge or balcony, and suddenly find yourself with a weird compulsion to throw yourself off? No depression, no thoughts of suicide, just this weird unsettling feeling to just do it. I'm not at all afraid of heights, I'd love to go hangliding or parachuting some day. Perfectly fine flying, or in a tall windowed office or something. But if I'm anywhere in an unconfined tall spot where it would be easy to just jump, I just start getting really nervous because of that weird compulsion. And now I don't like to go near places like that, because of that odd feeling.
>>
going UP stairs in the dark and looking in a mirror in the dark. i know these are both really common, but sometimes i feel like it's weird that no matter how old i get i don't grow out of these 2 fears
>>
>>19029361
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure part 2
>>
>>19029128
>>19029299
I'm convinced fears like this were responcible for tramau in a previous life.

Not necessarily death, but something horrible that you had to either confront everyday or an event that left you traumatized and stuck with you for the rest of that life

For me it's a few things
>Someone standing outside, on the other side of a window. My earliest memory was of me freaking the fuck out in my crib because I thought I saw someone outside my bedroom window. It was just my dad's reflection. The fear is still there though.
>Another is the fear that people close to me, that I love and trust, are just waiting for me to let my guard down and trust them enough so they can get me somewhere and kidnap/kill me. Like, my best friends I've known for a decade have only been my friend for that long until they finally decide 'this is the day' and they make me disappear forever.
>bright flashes of light, I have no idea why. cameras don't bother me too much. But a flash of light that I can't immediately tell where it came from terrify me.
>empty buildings. Not abandoned ones, just empty. I walk by them and look inside and start walking faster
>>
>>19029377
Thanks, desu
>>
My pulse. I guess it's more a repulsion than a fear. I don't like feeling the sensation of blood pumping around my body. Just saying it puts me on edge,
>>
Walking past open door ways in the dark. When I do have to do it i absolutely can not look into the dark room I'm passing. Another one is windows that have no blinds or curtains, terrifies the shit out of me for some reason.
>>
Developing some type of psychosis at one of those "onset" stages

I don't know it's the having a grasp of reality then all the sudden just lose it
>>
1Under these circumstances, after so many thousands of people had gathered together that they were stepping on one another, He began saying to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

2“But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.

3“Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops.

4“I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have no more that they can do.

5“But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

6“Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? Yet not one of them is forgotten before God.

7“Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

8“And I say to you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will confess him also before the angels of God;

9but he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

10“And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him.

11“When they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say;

12for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”
>>
File: giphy.gif (927KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
927KB, 500x408px
>>19029128
The 2004 version of Salem's Lot has a scene in the Jail Cells where a vampire named Floyd squeezes himself into a tiny vent to get at Rob Lowe's character.
>>
>>19029531
Not so weird, really. How are you supposed to know whether or not there's a tiger hiding in the dark room?
>>
>>19030044
How have TWO adaptations of this book gotten it completely wrong?
>>
>>19030194

Because Stephen King adaptations are fated to be shit

The Mist was okay, though [spoiler]and had a better ending than the book[/spoiler]
>>
Balloons and when people blow them too big. I can't stand them. I hate going near a balloon because it might pop.
>>
>>19029375
That's a pretty common compulsion actually. It's just a form of cognitive dissonance.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/17124/1/Why-Do-You-Get-the-Urge-to-Jump-to-Your-Death.html

As for OP's question, I'm afraid of big sea creatures. In particular whales and sunfish, but anything that dwarfs a human in width (not length because oarfish don't set it off). Just anything titanic that just floats around aimlessly, thoughtlessly just fucks with me so bad. I know they can't hurt me, I don't fear them hurting me. I'm just afraid of the concept of their size. I really hope one day I can get some exposure therapy through deep sea diving because I hate being afraid of something so silly.
>>
>>19030213
>The Shining, The Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, The Running Man, Misery
>shit
>>
File: d3dd.jpg (57KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
d3dd.jpg
57KB, 640x625px
the idea of dogs walking in two dogs chaising me
>>
>>19029128

I'm always afraid that I don't actually mean what I say, even though that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>19029128
walking past a window in the dark, maybe that's not very specific but I have borderline anxiety being near an open window at night.
>>
File: 1494139510042s.jpg (5KB, 239x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494139510042s.jpg
5KB, 239x250px
>>19029128
chili. nothing like cannibalism or anything. just scared when i see it
>>
>>19029443
the idea of unexplainable phobias, being trauma, or perhaps cause of death. from previous lives.

is actually a really interesting theory.
>>
>>19029128
The scale of space and the how easily (Though in the short term always unlikely) a no win situation with us would actually be.

Rogue planet, gama ray burst, Berserker probe, unbelievably huge mass of grey goo, Great old ones, Borg, Tyranids, Void whales.

Also dont like deep water for the same kind of reasons.

Basically Im creeped out by no win scenarios in the face of cosmic scale horror, and giant squids.

you know the kind of stuff that puts us immediately into a no win situation no matter how many Will Smiths we throw at it.
>>
large empty spaces on maps, specifically greenland and antarctica, also the oceans
>>
>>19029376
I just got intense anxiety thinking about these
>>
>>19031323
I hope the new IT remake is good
>>
File: maxresdefault (11).jpg (37KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (11).jpg
37KB, 1920x1080px
I get spooked by things that are way bigger than they should be, like abnormally huge.
>>
>>19033587
what is that from?
>>
>>19029128
i have several of these, first not spooky at all, but really silly, im afraid that when a dogs hair is too long and hair balls form, it has developed nerves on that hair ball so i dont like cutting it

an other thing is that im legit afraid of being alone im my own house, is not that is haunted or anything, but my paranoid ass can't handle it

when i pass close next to parked car, im afraid that a weird ass creture (not a dog or something) might come below the car and cut my leg or something

sometime i lie on the floor and put my ear as tightly as possible on it and i hear people talking, but no one is doing a thing in the house, not that weir but still creeps me out

lastly for now, i feel like something is going to look trough my door and look at me, several people have done that to me and while i don't get spooked when its with people, i loath the day my fear comes true
>>
>>19030213
I completely agree about the ending.
>>
>>19031563
This. Dogs on two legs and humans on all fours just fucking horrifies me.
>>
Things that have a lot of small holes in them give me the creeps.
>>
File: claustrophobia.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
claustrophobia.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Being shrunk down and washed down a sink drain or toilet.

Clouds. Not like in the sky but roiling, nebulous, impossible clouds like on jupiter or the nothing from the never-ending story.

Thinking about having a brain aneurysm might actually cause me to have one.
>>
File: iFsfswc.jpg (16KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
iFsfswc.jpg
16KB, 1024x768px
>>19029299
FUUUUCK this shit makes me so uncomfortable
>>
>>19033757
Yume 2kki
>>
File: fish-08.jpg (49KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
fish-08.jpg
49KB, 700x400px
Fish.
I am terrified of them. I won't eat fish (or any other kind of seafood). I won't even touch them.

Which is weird because I otherwise am fascinated by them. I love watching docus or reading about them. My father was big into aquariums when I was a kid and there were always live fish in the house. I am planing to get into the hobby as well soon. I just love looking at them, but I can't for the love of God touch them. I just get petrified. Sometimes I feel uneasy and on edge even by looking at a fish. I can't explain why.

It's one of those fucked up love/hate situations.
>>
>>19031323
The Shining is shit, and not because it didn't follow the book. I kinda like when a movie makes a change to the lore while keeping the themes in tact. The Shining however is a crude mash-up of creepy scenes, devolving characters, and no explanations for any of this shit. 2001 A Space Odyssey is almost this shitty for all the same reasons, but if yuu just cut out the intro and the outro it's a great movie about Man vs. Machine. I kinda just think Kubrick is just a hack with OCD.

>>19032962
It won't be. Like all the other movie adaptation of it they focus incredibly too much time on Pennywise who is only one of the boys' fear. And unless it has them all as adults in the movie I probably won't even see it.
>>
>>19035059
Yeah you're right in that aspect, I'll probably still watch it though
>>
>>19035059
Are you sure about Pennywise? I love IT. One of my fav books. But I thought Pennywise was supposed to come from the mix of fear/attraction of clowns being common among kids, which was why it was his usual form for luring them. I never got the impression that he was one-kid specific.
>>
Fear of finding a body when walking around overgrown areas. Undergrowth really, places with a lot of unkempt shrubs and weeds. Does not happen in the mountains, just urban areas.
>>
File: JakeTucker.jpg (51KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
JakeTucker.jpg
51KB, 720x480px
upside down faces. in real life or even cartoons, creeps me into almost a vertigo type feeling. no idea why.
>>
Really huge aquarium tanks. Not that it might break and drown me or something, but the idea of being in one. Something about being suspended in empty space and not being able to tell which way is up, all the while being on display and people can see me struggle. I have reoccurring nightmares about it.

Also I'm terrified by people poking their head around the door, like just peeping through the doorway, but to be fair that has a childhood trauma type explanation. Made watching Communion really fucking fun though, at least.
>>
>>19029443
>bright flashes of light
are you a jap? your past life might have been at hiroshima
>>
>>19029375
you're probably not going to see this but its got a name. its pretty interesting. i for some reason experience it a lot in my dreams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27appel_du_vide
>>
I have a weird fear that something is going to get me through the toilet like a snake, or rat, or big spider sometimes it becomes so irrational that I imagine a crocodile or some sort of scary dog hyena thing chomping on me. Stupid I know but that's one of my weird really specific fears
>>
I have dreams where i see a clone/copy/mimic of myself and whenever i see it i just become so terrified on my dream that i can't speak and just faint.

And also while i was little i had a dream where i was in my house and i was trying to say something to my father i just kept pulling on his shirt yet he never looked at me. And after that my father came looking terrified and whatever that thing was that i was pulling its shirt looked at me and it had the face of a man that iv'e never seen before.
>>
>>19035007
Because their faces look like humans
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARUzoPWS4Uk

THIS FUCKING SCENE. Ever since I first saw it as a 10 year old kid. I have had nightmares about it. Even to this day I have nightmares about it. It's crazy. I was actualyl sleeping with lights on for some time because of this scene.

I see that everything is coming near my like I am being shut in to somewhere.
>>
>>19035521
I have that fear too! When I was younger, I took a spell of always looking into the toilet when I used it. I also went through a phase of being terrified of having worms, and I was scared that when I pooped, it'd have a worm in it that'd curl up and touch me.

Come to think of it, I have a few bathroom fears. I'm prone to constipation, so after a bad dump, I sometimes fear I'll reach back to wipe and find my colon partially rolled inside out.
>>
Looking at the sky, especially if cloudy, makes me feel like I'm gonna fall off the earth right into space, pretty spooky.
>>
>>19035521
>>19036015

Well there have been new stories of this stuff happening. Not that irrational. Enjoy!
>>
>>19036015
i had a mouse swim up my toilet pipes once. foudn the little guy paddling around but he couldnt climb up the bowl (also i keep the seat closed)
>>
>>19029128
I am afraid to think about my own heartbeat.

I feel like if I do I might take manual control of it, like breathing, and die because I don't know how to move the muscles in it properly.

Worst part is, trying not to think about it makes you want to think about it. I know it's completely irrational, but for some reason it persists.
>>
>>19029128
I have a fear an infinite fall in a black void. Projecting vast empty spaces in my mind triggers it
>>
>>19029128
I have a fear of being stuck in fucked up nightmares forever. I just recently had one that felt like it lasted hours. My head hasn't been in a very good place lately though.
>>
>>19029452
Oh my god, I'm the exact same way. When I was a kid, I was always scared of the idea of my organs spontaneously failing, and the one I worried about most was my heart. Being aware of my heart beating was always deeply unsettling for me, and it still is a little.

>>19034292
I'm not usually afraid sunken wrecks, but that picture gave me a tight feeling in my chest.
>>
>>19029989
It sucks shit m8. You can come back tho

You never see things the same tho but it makes you more skeptic, empathetic, and even more confident and grounded in a way. After you've screamed at cops about the second coming or told a doctor to pull the curtain back on the whole sham job interviews aren't so bad.
>>
File: 10218239.jpg (26KB, 228x300px) Image search: [Google]
10218239.jpg
26KB, 228x300px
>>19029128
Putting something on but not being able to take it off, being consumed/assimilated into something, or both at once. Absolutely stems from the movie adaptions of The Mask, the source material is cool but the movies trigger something fierce in my NOPE sensors in the uncanny valley area of my brain. Those movies gave me a lot of other fears, like if a movie is just animated in the same way with those horrid realistic-cartoony CGI effects.

Jojo made me nervous because of this fear, too. Both pic related and the how the pillar man eat are horrifying.

And yes, fuck Goosebumps's Haunted Mask too.

>>19033587
>pic
My good fellow of African-American descent. I played that game religiously and got spooked hard a few times. Didn't a game with that concept come out recently, Little Fears or something? I only remember a trailer.
>>
circular saws
>>
Walking past mirrors at night or under poor visual circumstances. I currently live in a house with tons of mirrors lining the walls of the downstairs area. Whenever I walk down there at night I get a bit of the chills and speed my pace up. Doesn't happen a lot, though. Only when I think about it (duh).
>>
>>19036808
Follow up, I actually took down my own mirror in my bedroom because I was afraid of it while trying to sleep. Sounds fucking ridiculous but I had to.
>>
>>19033587
i'm glad i'm not alone
>>
When I was young (about 8 or 9) I used to have dreams where everything was normal except everything was grey and was made of a honeycomb pattern, and now for some reason I can't stand looking at honeycomb patterns because it gives me the creeps
>>
i have a fear that everyone except me isn't actually alive and are just AI
>>
My roommate always pulls the shower curtain closed and I hate it because closed shower curtains are the fucking scariest shit ever. Every time I go to the bathroom I gotta open it back up and I'm always scared there's gonna be a dead body in it. Like not a hiding murderer or ghost but a dead body. I dunno why.
>>
>>19029128
That episode always bothered me. How'd he get the screws out.
>>
>>19029375
I have the same problem, but i'm also terrified of heights.
>>
>>19029375
I think thats because there are fewer degrees of separation between you and your own fate so you feel more control over whether you live or die. I think the feelin g you are describing is a feeling of power and control over your own demise!
>>
>>19036875
I'm the same but usually only if its at night.

this is why https://youtu.be/yz50BJZRDo8?t=76
>>
>>19029375
l'Appel du Vide

The call of the void, just one of many intrusive thoughts
>>
>>19034292
submechanophobia
>>
>>19035007
>I just love looking at them

>Sometimes I feel uneasy and on edgy by looking at a fish
>>
>>19035730
>I see that everything is coming near my like I am being shut in to somewhere.

Fuck you for writing this incomprehensible sentence faggot
>>
>>19035730
Im afraid of muslims too
>>
Im absolutely terrified of low, humming, "wheezing" sounds. Like a very long metal pipe that someone is gently blowing on the other end, or a boiler room background noise.
>>
>>19037538
that shit calms me down

how does this work for you?

https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/50HzHumNoiseGenerator.php
>>
>>19036770
little nightmares? looked pretty cool from what i saw of it, especially the character design of the spooks
>>
>>19036770
I think thats different because its someone who's tiny instead of just a regular sized person walking in on something unusually huge.
>>
>>19035059
None of the trailers for the new IT show them as adults, so I think it just focuses on their childhood, maybe they're saving the 2nd half of the book for a sequel?
>>
>>19029128
Definitely sleep paralysis, just the thought of being stuck in bed, unable to move, with the vivid leftover hallucinations of REM. Especially spooky for me because I actually experienced sleep paralysis when I was younger, so the scary stories about murderous hallucinations seem even more real.
>>
>>19035385
>I never got the impression that he was one-kid specific.

He's not. He's sort of a default avatar for IT.
>>
File: deepsleep.png (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
deepsleep.png
55KB, 640x480px
>>19029128
Shadow people, might not be what you're looking for but eh.
>be me
>4-8 years old
>dads an artilleryman and we live in Germany on base
>constantly have dreams about being tucked into bed by dad whilst little shadow people dance in the corner of my vision
>try to tell him not to leave but he always just dismisses it and goes anyway
>Whenever dream-dad leaves the shadow people dance a little closer and as they get to me they disappear.
>have this dream every other night for a few years until I move out of the house with my family back to the states

They've stopped now but the fear always stuck with me. Always get chills seeing things resembling them. Pic related, deep sleep fucking killed me.
>>
File: Little Door.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Little Door.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
Little Doors.
>>
>>19037739
Ayyyy Fuck that shit
>>
>>19029299
I have a fear of deep water/sea/whatever but any manmade stuff in water makes it a hundred times worse. It doesn't have to be a wreck, I get chills even with a simple rusted chain.

>>19035521
>>19036015
>>19036055
Oh god, I had this fear for the longest time (I still look before going quite often but it's not really present anymore). I watched a documentary as a kid where a woman talked about havign a rat climb out her toilet. Pooping was the scariest experience for the next few years.
>>
Whenever I'm in a pool alone, I always worry that there is a great white shark behind me.
>>
>>19037516
Fuck you homie
>>
>>19037869
Holly crap I probably watched the same documentary and that's what probably started it for me, that and my parents telling me about stories they have heard about snakes coming through the toilet. fuck! Anyone remember the show that talked about a guy sitting out a tape worm but part of it was still inside him and if I remember correctly he called his wife and they kept pulling on it until they couldn't pull no more then they cut it and the part that was still inside of him shot back into him. That Shit was horrible. Straight nightmare fuel.
>>
When I was 7 I watched a weird program about paranormal crap. One scene was in a museum, where a fleshy 3D box would appear on security camera and would fold out into a humanoid shape, but had no skin, just muscle and veins. It would walk around then fold back up into a box and disappear into anothe room.

Thinking about it now at 19 I know it was fake as shit, but that fear has stayed with me. Fleshless humans that can manipulate their structures like that and disappear.
Pretty sure that thing stole bones from displays
*shudder*
>>
I'm afraid that I'll never be able to beat my addiction to cock and sucking out niggers on IV laxatives. Also, graduating kindergarten.
>>
>>19029128
When I lie in bed I have a fear of something tapping on my window. Anything.
>>
File: box.png (295KB, 963x524px) Image search: [Google]
box.png
295KB, 963x524px
I got an irrational fear of being in a room with excessively large cubical object. Like say a large box or a container. Just makes my skin crawl. Also terrified of being stuck on an open sea without a boat.
>>
I don't usually come to x, but wanted to make this exact thread because I was overcome by my strange fear today for the first time in months.

>Live on farm, pretty dark outside
>Dog sleeps on porch
>Have extreme fear of looking out of any window where I can see my dog at night
>Other windows are completely fine
>I'm not scared of my dog, but of a very specific event I always imagine, even though its never happened and I can't remember seeing it in any movie or book:
>Look outside
>See something hunched over dog
>It's eating dog, ripping out flesh front its side with its mouth
>Thing is almost completely black, might be dark fur
>bent down eating its about 1.5m tall
>long very thin legs and arms, long thin fingers
>standing up straight it would be about 3m tall

I have no idea why I would have such a specific scenario in my head, but I've had this fear as long as I can remember. Although when I was little I identified the creature with a grey alien, now more with a supernatural creature.

Holy shit my hair standing up and I shaking typing this.
>>
>>19038894
I knew it!
>>
>>19035521
i have this, except like 2 years ago there was a pretty big toad in my gf's bathroom. I only saw it because i always look because of the fear
>>
>>19035730
wow the movie holds up well, loved this series
>>
>>19029128
Trucks that pass near me, for the fear that their load or container might fall to the side and crush me dead. I don't think it's that unreasonable of a fear, but there are things that are far more common and that'd make more sense for me to be scared of, but they don't.
>>
Keyholes.

I hate passing in front of them because I always feel something is looking at me through it.

I've replaced all the locks in my,house with ones you can't look through because of it.
>>
My greatest fear is waking up, only to find out my entire life was just a dream and i'm actually a Czechoslovakian police officer with a bizarre interest in Mongolian artifacts
>>
>>19032962
Stephen King got a nigger to play the clown.
>>
>>19037516
This shouldnt be a contradiction for you. A lot of things are beautiful and eerie
>>
>>19039842
will he steal the show?
>>
My last hit of lsd lead me to beleive i woke up from normal life and realized i was only as if a sim. We were always trapped in our home. Going outside and getting things we wanted was an illusion. I am fearful of lack of free-will. VERY fearful of the possibility of living life as the same person, doing the exact same things.
>>
>>19029128
I no longer hold this fear but I will describe it anyway since it's related.

Back when I was mid teens I had severe depression and insane paranoia as a by-product. So in my room, when I sat on my bed to browse on my laptop, the back of my head would be parallel to my window.

My fear was that someone would shoot me in the head through my window with a sniper if I didn't occasionally bobble my head to throw the sniper off.
>>
File: thatcher_effect2.jpg (60KB, 590x312px) Image search: [Google]
thatcher_effect2.jpg
60KB, 590x312px
>>19035403
plain upside down faces arent that bad imo but thatcher effect pics seriously bother me
>>
>>19029128
I can still vividly remember something:
My mom called my doctor and said to him "What's the most accurate measurement for weighing?"
The doctor said "An underwater weighing test"
And just like that, my mom said "Yes. When can my son and my daughter can take it?" and the doc said "Today at 2pm."

So, I didn't bother taking a shower and so did my sister too, so I had to get into a special swimming suit(tight pants...Ugh).

My sister said "Can I pull my hair down to a ponytail?" The doctor said "No."
So my sister with her long, blonde hair went underwater with 8 seconds and had she must enjoyed it..but I didn't.
>>
>>19040366
fuck this
>>
File: 1443404081212304.jpg (18KB, 479x128px) Image search: [Google]
1443404081212304.jpg
18KB, 479x128px
>>19029299
Those vents at the bottom of public pools
>>
>>19040736
I agree, just the thought of those makes my feet tingle. Fucking hate it.
>>
>>19040607
classic
>>
File: 1495190119534.jpg (34KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495190119534.jpg
34KB, 320x240px
Things I have an irrational fear towards:

Putting on Rings
Wearing contacts
Ants

Idk why, always had these
>>
>>19035007
You were probably exposed to dead fish as a kid thats why
>>
whenever im in a bath I worry about the water suddenly freezing solid and trapping me. I know its completely retarded.
>>
>>19040839
Not really. I used to think every line or crack could have some kind of sharp blade or something shoot out of it. Or that the world would suddenly lose friction one day
>>
File: 1495400586531.jpg (952KB, 1278x4993px) Image search: [Google]
1495400586531.jpg
952KB, 1278x4993px
>>19040607
That is solid gold
>>
>>19029128
cannibalism, more specifically being hunted by a group of humans then being eaten alive, the animal side of human nature is terrifying to me
>>
I have a fear of condoments
>>
File: yu.gif (672KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
yu.gif
672KB, 499x281px
>>19029128
i got one,

so i never have nightmares but but the closest thing i would say are fever dreams i get where i wake up and hallucinate. best way i could describe it is picture sleep paralysis minus the "paralysis" i'm pretty much fully cognitive and i can move around freely although i'm tripped out. onto the fear, i wouldn't say it's weird but i'm going to say it's specific since the same fear cripples me and reduces me to a shaking ball on the floor ever since i started having these episodes as a kid. I have some great task to do something that will save the world or destroy it if i fail, no recollection what it is but anyway i succeed for about a second before i voice tells me i didn't do it right and have doomed mankind and then i'm hit with a wave of panic fear and shame.

so i must have a fear of failure that runs deep i guess, just weird that it's the same situation every time nothing else crops up in my freakouts.
>>
I'm afraid of mirrors. I have spectrophobia which is an abstract or superstitious fear of things potentially haunted. (Basically). Mainly it manifests as a fear of mirrors. I hate it and think its dumb, personally.
>>
I fucking HATE using the toilet at night
>>
>>19040995
How do you feel about wendigos?
>>
>>19029452
>>19036697
I have the heart thing too. It's impossible to hide my revulsion when I see the image of a beating heart. I can't lay on my left side. One time I smoked some weed and I couldn't focus on anything but my heart beat. I could hear and feel the blood moving through my body. I haven't touched marijuana since.
Ultimately I am afraid my heart will spontaneously stop beating.
>>
>>19042321
>>19036697
I used to worry about my heart stopping randomly a lot too. It always would baffle me that it was going to beat 24/7 my entire life. As a kid that seemed unreal and I always figured it'd just stop one day.
>>
>>19042331
But it will stop one day. Its a constant tactile reminder of mortality. I think that's what makes me so squeamish.
>>
>>19042365
It was more that it'd be premature for no reason. Not just cause I was old or something. I imagined 14 year old me dying of it. I couldn't believe that it'd last years and years naturally.
>>
>>19029128
when i was a kid i used to get freaked the fuck out when the ending of a simpsons episode came on, like when the woman says "shush" or something like that in a cinema

I have no idea why
>>
I don't like still shallow water. Large swimming pools are fine; I'm talking kiddie pools and bath tubs. The sensation of sitting in still water in a small space freaks me out. I feel confined and filthy, and I never take baths because of it. I also don't like to look up because I get the feeling that someone is going to cut my throat
>>
As a kid i often stayed at my aunts place. Everything was fine but it always was extremely scared of someone breaking in at night.

Idk why maybe because i was always living on the 2nd/3rd floor besides that so i never thought about it. It just seemed so easy for someone walking through the garden and just open the door. I would regularly wake up in the middle of the night, hear noises and get super scared i thought about what i do if someone enters the room etc just full paranoia mode.
>>
Loud sudden sounds really startle me and leave me deeply unsettled for a while after. When I was a kid I set off the school fire alarm and it really disturbed me.
>>
I'm terrified to death of statues. Mostly statues of people but of animals too. Every time I'm in a cemetary, I need to look down to avoid all the angels and shits. Worst thing ever is that creepy crying angel statue Rosen something... I tried to google it but my heart started to beat so fast and I just can't.
>>
This all makes sense. you kids like to believe stuff can happen that defies the laws of physics and probability

that same belief causes all these irrational fears in this thread

one you accept that the world really is this simple and boring it becomes a lot less scary
>>
I was always afraid of big things in the sky. Sometimes I have nightmares of two moons in the sky.
>>
Anything that limits my mobility and or vision really. If I cant fight or flight then im gonna fetal position if I can.
>>
>>19043419
Same. I was always afraid of meteors and shit colliding with earth so anytime there's something weird in the sky, I thinks its gonna be a Majoras mask situation.
>>
File: IMG_1130.jpg (73KB, 500x782px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1130.jpg
73KB, 500x782px
>>19043409
This. The only thing to fear is other human beings. Dahmers and Bundys are still out there walking among us every day
>>
>>19043529
For the longest time I only really feared paranormal things, monster and ghosts etc. Serial Killers and Psychopaths never really struck me as scary. It might be because after coping with depression I'm starting to get scared of the idea of death in general but I constantly think about people murdering me now.

It doesn't even have to be strangers. Sometimes I wonder if my father will snap and shot me in my sleep but I have 0 reason to even consider that. Same with his girlfriend. I know they'd never do something like that but I always think about it late at night and sometimes can't sleep.
>>
>>19043551
I'm not afraid of getting shot or fat deaths. What creeps me out is being tortured or having a hole drilled into my head and having muriatic acid poured in
>>
>>19043558
I don't know the thought of a bullet piercing me freaks me out. The idea of any sort of major pain makes me uncomfortable but it feels more likely I'd get gun downed by some crazy. Something like a mass shooting out in public really bothers me.

I think about what it'd be like to get shot and feel a piece of metal that fast get shot into your organs and sit there bleeding out while everyone else is freaking out.
>>
>>19040607
I don't get it
>>
File: imgur_reaction.gif (833KB, 167x167px) Image search: [Google]
imgur_reaction.gif
833KB, 167x167px
I'm terrified of telling people my worst fears because then they could somehow use it against me. Never in real life.
>>
>>19029128
Saw that episode yesterday. Too coincidence you post it. ARE YOU MORE THAN 100 YEARS OLD?
>>
>>19043455
Yeah I'm always freaked out by games that have
other planets in the sky like halo it makes
me imagine seeing something massive like
Jupiter covering the entire skyline
>>
Afraid you walking barefoot and stumble upon anything and loose a nail
>>
>>19043601
Yeah, me too. I hate when people learn someone's phobia, as in actual phobia not just a "fear" and show them shit related to it or do some to try and trigger the phobia. It's a really shitty thing to do but people think and use phobia too lightely anymore.
>>
There is a face in the window
>>
MOTHS. I'm not really fazed by other animals/bugs, but something about the idea of moths and moths themselves creep me out to no end. It's not like a disgust, it's just pure fear. I can't even look at pictures of these creatures.
>>
File: 1495489123646.jpg (407KB, 1155x918px) Image search: [Google]
1495489123646.jpg
407KB, 1155x918px
>>
>>19043813
I wouldn't say Trypophobia is a weird one but maybe because I know a few people bothered by it, including myself.
>>
>>19043597
My sister had to wear pants and a bra, so she enjoyed minutes of going underwater.

I didn't take a shower and she didn't too.

Before she got into the tank, you see girls 'pretend' to pull their hair into ponytails, but they don't. That's what she did.
>>
>>19032273
I don't think you used the term "no win situation" enough.
>>
File: imgur_reaction.gif (371KB, 322x240px) Image search: [Google]
imgur_reaction.gif
371KB, 322x240px
>>19043627
Agreed. I think I'm worried about it because I have an older brother and when we were younger he would mess with me based on my phobias. Sometimes just common stuff... "You have claustrophobia little bro? Into the closet you go!"

While growing up, he thought that I was overreacting when he held a pillow over my face. After I fought him off he would always say "why didn't you just breathe through the pillow calmly instead of screaming"? Later i learned that it's a common way to assassinate people. I wonder how many times I almost died at age 5-10 because he literally thought I could breathe through a pillow???
>>
>>19043916
Could you elaborate? Really break it down.
>>
>>19044289
My older sister used to try suffocating me with a pillow a lot. Originally I thought she was trying to kill me but I think she just wanted to make me think that to fuck with me.

It's not a fear but tickling is something I'll go ape shit on someone if they try to do to me. She'd have really long nails and tickle me as a kid digging them into me leaving marks.
>>
>>19044356
That's some intense tickling
>>
>>19044383
She's a pycho and would cut open small animals like frogs and take out organs, sew them back up and see if they lived.
>>
Deep open water, and maybe very deep water in general. I'm not generally afraid of water, I love swimming or just chilling in a pool, but water being so deep I can't see the bottom even if I dive in really gets to me. I've only had it happen once in real life; I was at a beach that was pretty standard depth for like a couple dozen meters out, but then suddenly dropped way down, almost like a cliff below the water. I'd never seen anything like it and I freaked out endlessly, but I managed to hide it from the other people with me. This was the incident that really confirmed this fear for me since deep water had only freaked me out in games prior to this.

I have the window/mirror in the dark thing that other people have mentioned too, but in a different way. I don't actually mind looking outside of windows into the dark that much. I usually do it before bed just to calm my thoughts a bit. What I don't like is turning my back to an exposed window in the dark. I get an awful fear of turning around and looking into it at that point, but it always disappears instantly after I actually turn around.

Just a couple weeks ago I went to visit my dad at his new apartment and I slept in a spare room that had a window at the foot of the bed, and then parallel mirrors to the left and right of the bed. The mirror above the bed was literally at the exact angle so that you can't see yourself if you lie down, but you can see literally everything else behind you. It was awful. The Panopticon of Pain.

I also have the impulse to jump from heights, and it's the first time that I've actually heard an explanation for it, so at least that's a bit comforting. I don't fear heights themselves but I'm endlessly scared of falling and surviving to feel all the pain. I know realistically I wouldn't survive most of the falls that pop into my head, but that's just how these things are..
>>
>>19044297
You want a detailed summary of what happened today? Alright, here goes:

My mom wanted to do something instead of weighing myself on a scale. She heard about a underwater weighing test from my doctor last year and she wanted to give it a try to both, myself and my sister.

She called the doctor and wanted to schedule an appointment for my sister and I and today was the only day they could get us in. So my mom told both of us you don't need to take a shower if you don't want to(since I got up at 12pm and she got up at 12:30p.m.)

It goes on from there with the underwater weighing at the doctor's office.
>>
being decapitated and looking at my own body. those few minutes while youre alive after your heads been removed. ive seen videos of it and shit and its truly terrifying to imagine that happening. the fear isnt being decapitated , its the after
>>
>>19029128
headlights emerging in the distance during pitch black darkness

not really a fear, I just find it highly unsettling
>>
>>19044356
That's fucking hot.
>>19044387
Holy shit that's even better
>>
>>19044413
She's now a 300 pound juggalo
>>
wat
>>
>>19044425
huh, checks out
>>
>>19040977
fucking creeppy it sounds like some kind of weird spell

i think i will get visited tonight...
>>
>>19033587
oh man you'd be so scared of my dick
>>
>>19044402
And your fear it's to not bath?
>>
File: suguru tanaka 2.png (2MB, 961x1400px) Image search: [Google]
suguru tanaka 2.png
2MB, 961x1400px
>>19039091
This, monolithic structures. 2001 made a hell of an impression on me as a kid.
>>
>>19044402
Haven't seen this one in a while, thanks for that
>>
File: 1489772710962.png (397KB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
1489772710962.png
397KB, 820x461px
>>19044409
There's this one video of a mexican gang beheading some fat bitch for being a traitor, this 4"11 nigga comes into view, pulls up her shirt and uses a machete to cut off her head but she's still alive gurgling blood and crying and her neck is too thick/the blade too rusted to cut properly so he uses a little knife he was also carrying, the last 30 seconds are of the mexican dude laying the head right beside her body and the fucking severed head blinks several times, makes a shocked expression and finally tries to scream (opens the mouth as wide as it can) before it stops moving completely, i had nightmares for a straight year because of it and the worst part is that i don't even know where to find it to properly cope with it now that i'm more jaded because it's super ancient and no way i'm gonna randomly search in gore websites, one of my "friends" showed it to me in 2006 on his shitty flip phone, i was 20 years old back then and even then i still shat and peed myself because of it.
>>
>>19029375
This is exactly the reason im afraid of heights.
>>
>>19040977
you get weighed underwater to ascertain body fat percentage
>>
>>19045457
I actually saw that video the other day. It was too much for me so I backed out early.
>>
File: 8f3.gif (1006KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
8f3.gif
1006KB, 500x277px
>>19029128
OP, how does this make you feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghBcjgOdd0
>>
>>19037858
>>19037739

Psst anon

You can't fit in them.
And room does not have any windows
:^)
>>
>>19044456
psst anon
you should not count in your spine when measuring your dick
>>
Waking up in a room with no exits or being trappped in some totally abstract incomprehensible scenario like another dimension or something
>>
>>19029128
I have this fear of getting an STD...like not in a normal way. It used to be worse for example I'd be afraid of touching things in public places like a shopping cart for example. I thought that if someone with herpes or something touched their junk and didn't wash their hands and touched the cart that the disease would be on the cart. And also being sure to never cut myself on anything like broken glass for example on a sidewalk in case someone with hep or aids cut themselves before on said glass. I also live with room mates so all of my razors and stuff like that I keep in my room with a lock on my door so they can't use it (although I know they have their own shit so they wouldn't use mine and I have no reason to believe they have anything). Also I don't let my razor touch the sink when shaving in case someone before cut themselves when shaving and blood got on the sink.
>>
>>19029375
Control over my fate actually comforts me. When I was younger I was always afraid I was sick with something or I would have a heart attack or some shit. So being able to decide when I die is comforting
I'm not suicidal or anything but I like to be able to give fate the middle finger.
He always wins in the end though
>>
>>19033989
That's called trypophobia.
(I wouldn't recommend googling it.)
>>
File: images.jpg (27KB, 477x308px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27KB, 477x308px
The look and sound of these has always sent a chill down my spine in such a disturbing way.

Never know why and never known anyone who can relate?
>>
>>19044436

same anon here

i have been visited as I expected
>>
>>19044396
Games never did it for me but the moment there's water deeper than about 2 metres nearby, I get chills.

>>19046299
I can't imagine because accordions are a staple when it comes to folk music where I come from.
>>
>>19040366
Why has there never been a horror movie or tv show like this?
>>
>>19040366
What is the Thatcher effect?
>>
>>19045909
This makes me a little uncomfortable but its more when people contort themselves into inhumane shapes and do it.
>>
I have a fear of insects crawling inside my orifices, specifically my anus.
I actually love to hold incects and I let them crawl on me, which is weird considering the fear.
>>
>>19046427
isnt that pic fucking self-explanatory?
>>
creatures with very, very plain and simple faces, all that have been made by human ( masks, drawings )
>>
File: smug-wojakpg.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
smug-wojakpg.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>19046528
>>
>>19036814
Fun fact: According to some sources I don't feel like looking for, ghosts can't go anywhere you would be able to see their reflections. Though a doppleganger could crawl through a mirror at night, off you, and take your place.

So basically keeping a mirror in your bedroom is a double edged sword of whether you'd rather deal with one potential horror over the other.
>>
I get really paranoid when I have to go to sleep without jack-o-lantern close by. No light needed, all I need is a pumpkin with a smile full of jagged teeth. Without one I'll end up staying up super late watching the shadows, doors, and windows for movement. I don't know what it is but these novelty pumpkins keep me calm.

I'm not even afraid of the dark, I can wander around the woods at 2am without a flashlight and not have a care but I cannot sleep for the life of me with a jack-o-lantern.
>>
>>19044436
To me it sounds like some weird AI
>>
>>19042435
I had the same thing as wee bab. The show always ended after dark I wasn't allowed to have lights on past 8pm, I also had a fear of the dark thanks to a midnight hornet attack. Back then I didn't know what a hornet was, and to be attacked by one in the pitch darkness was traumatizing. so I guess the shush was like a subconscious thing telling me to be quiet at night less monsters come out and torture me.
>>
>>19032273
You used that phrase 30 times like it was commonplace, and its literally the first time Ive ever heard it
>>
>>19029128
im scared of fever, i always have the same dream in fever where doctors cut me open and remove rocks and replace them.
then i see multiple green lines in a black space and they make this disgusting sound when they rise and the sound gets really loud when they go down

and i cant do nothing about it, when the fever gets high enough you are bound to drift off to sleep and the nightmare returns no matter how long it has been
>>
>>19040977
What the fuck I was expecting a horrifying twist any second but its just this guy being retarded
>>
Not gonna lie, that scene in peewee hermans big adventure when the ladies face contorted fucked my shit as a kid. Im still confused to as why the producers thought putting that scene in was okay
>>
>>19047261
Think the lady was a semi driver, i know someone else knows what im talking about
>>
>>19046680
I have similar trips in fever dreams that make me feel very uncomfortable too. I see arrays of lines that get longer and shorter and when they do It feels so fucked.
>>
>>19047261
>>19047264

Saw this flipping channels when I was about 5. I was never apt to screaming from horror, laughing from comedy, or crying when the titanic sunk.

Something about the way that scene is set up is SUPPOSED to make a kid scream, as if that was the intention of the whole entire scene. Normal horror is just kind of "Sure, it's scary. Feel it if you believe it is." But this shit was complete art. NO, IT IS SCARY. BE SCARED.
>>
Not just regular fucking pools. Like, Great Escape, American Sales, they have pools inside their stores. Full of water. Not underground pools, above ground pools. I've been always afraid of them. When I was young and my parents took me, I would scream and go full retard until I was out of there. I just feel so uneasy and gross. I'm also terrified of grey aliens. I enjoy reading about that kind of stuff even tho it scares me lol. I also have a massive fear of someone stealing my birds. Like in the middle of the night just come in my house and take them. So scary lol
>>
Super miniature things freak me out.

Like doll houses start making me uncomfortable, but if you went one more level mini I'd really not be in a good place.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.