[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 48

File: vhs.jpg (17KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
vhs.jpg
17KB, 214x317px
best horror movies thread?

I need some recommendations.
>>
>>19028383
Watched this film for the first time this morning. She is weird but so fucking hot. I'd of fucked her on the stairs, lucky bastard gets to guck her every night now

Other good films the conjuring 1+2 and the babadook ain't to bad. Lake mungo has one great scene.
>>
>>19028479
thanks
>>
Im searching for honor scary movies. Not japanese or snuff shit
>>
For what it's worth a good horror movie is audition, but if you want some camp thrown in watch return of the living dead. The one with that naked punk girl dancing on a grave. Those zombies don't die from brain injury ,and with a brain they can still think and speak. Theres a scene where a zombie calls dispatch for more ambulances so they can eat the crew. It's funny but if you think about it that's the bleakest version of a zombie outbreak.
>>
File: tumblr_ohd9fluPap1qarg8wo1_1280.jpg (90KB, 616x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohd9fluPap1qarg8wo1_1280.jpg
90KB, 616x900px
/thread
>>
>>19028546
>>19028560
>no japanese shit

Jesus christ guys
>>
>>19028560
More like a tripping weird looking movie. Dont think ill be scared
>>
>>19028672
It's hard to be scared by horror movies when you're over 18. I think the last movie that scared me was Amour by Michael Haneke and it's not even horror.
>>
File: IMG_0456.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
"Starry Eyes"...
>>
>>19028383

Southbound
The Void
Event Horizon
Alien Abduction Incident in Lake County
The Witch
The Wailing
>>
>>19028479
>babadook
why dont you go ahead and recommend some faggy M. Night Shamalyn trash while you are at it
>>
>>19029336
like that one where bruce willis, using a kind of *sixth sense,* just *happens* to see *signs* of an *unbreakable* *lady in the water* just outside of a *village* so he decides to *split*
>>
>>19029336
Babadook was actually a pretty good horror movie
>>
Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2
>>
>>19030133
dubs have spoken

i really enjoyed jeepers creepers.
>SPOILERS
the fact that it was a creature, and not a human psycho, was a nice change of pace. During that era of horror flicks, it was all about the psycho dude...

>>
File: p14569_p_v8_ah.jpg (337KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p14569_p_v8_ah.jpg
337KB, 960x1440px
Don't turn off the lights.
>>
File: The Witch.jpg (200KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Witch.jpg
200KB, 630x1200px
>>19028383
That one was really awesome. Has a unique atmosphere to it.
>>
>>19028936
Movie was shit, but she got really fucking hot by the end
>>
>>19030665
this also applies to
>>19030159
>>
>>19028383
you know theres a prequel to that segment of the movie, not great but worth a watch, Siren

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4667854/
>>
yeah watch the void and the witch. also watch catch kill release i think is the name of it.
>>
WATCH THE FUCKING POUGHKEPSIE TAPES IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.
>>
>>19028546
>>19028532
If you can look past the Japanese thing, audition is an amazing movie. Not a weeb. What I am is a horror fanatic. As clichéd as it sounds I was a clerk at a video store and watched literally every old horror VHS we had. Of the hundreds and hundreds of horror movies I've watched, audition is in the top 5. Please do yourself a favor and watch it.
>>
>>19030155
Groundhog day is legitimately horrifying. So many of the most famous movies in history should be considered atleast "horror adjacent" based on subject matter alone.
>>
>>19031996
I've legitimately always wanted to see Bill Murray in a legitimate horror movie (starring...zombieland doesn't count). I think he could be terrifying a la robin williams in one hour photo.
>>
>>19031996
yeah, just like wake in fright.
>>
Alien is pretty great. Or The Thing with Kurt Russell.
>>
File: fright_night.jpg (72KB, 478x755px) Image search: [Google]
fright_night.jpg
72KB, 478x755px
>>
>>19032046
What thing? Escape from New York? Deathproof?
>>
>>19032054
The Thing.
>>
>>19032057
Yeah I get that he was in a movie. Which one? I hate playing this game. Will smith was in that thing with the aliens. Which one? The one with the suits or the one with goldblum? See what I mean?
>>
>>19032064
I know I'm being trolled but the movie was called The Thing.
>>
>>19032074
Holy shit dude I'm so drunk I'm sorry. Literally laughing like an idiot right now for my being a frittata. Thanks for holding my hand through all that
>>
>>19030120
if you like some autistic brat literally screaming at the top of his lungs for the first half of the movie. yes, i know the point it serves in the plot, but it doesn't make it any less unbearable to sit through. also, ending was fucking lame.
>>
>>19032084
XD
>>
>>19032047
Does this movie have a scene where a guy imagines an entire room full of naked chicks?

If not does anyone know what movie I'm talking about? It was an 80s/90s horror movie.
>>
Martyrs (french version only) lol good luck watching this movie.
>>
>>19028383
The Void
>>
>>19033220
That was mentioned in a creepypasta.
>>
>>19033207
Demon Knight?
with Billy Zane
>>
>>19033220
Starts out really well but turns into dumb fucking shit as soon as the cult is introduced.
>>
Begotten (1990)
>>
What are some of the best found footage films? Like V/H/S.
>>
Woman in Black because of the atmosphere
>>
>>19033621
Blair Witch Project is still the best one out there, see it if you haven't already.
>>
>>19033621
The Blair Witch Project
The Borderlands
[REC]
Trollhunter
>>
>>19033636
Dammit, I forgot Noroi.

Also Chronicle, if you don't mind non-horror. (Trollhunter is also sort of non-horror, more dark fantasy.)
>>
heres my favourite modern horrors

Posession of Michael King
Shutter (thai version)
Paranormal activity 3 (only decent one imo)
Rec 1+2 (spanish version)
Martyrs
Conjuring 2
The Fourth Kind
Inside
Them
Devil
The Wailing
Goodnight Mommy
The Collector
House of the Devil
Witch
Cabin in the woods (not scary but great)
Audition
Descent
30 Days of night
Here comes the Devil
Bone Tomahawk (not horror but good movie)
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Devils Pass
Orphan

Worst horror ive ever seen: The Inkeepers
>>
>>19028383
Depends on what you like. I dislike the modern Hollywood shit. I do like the Hammer movies of the 50s-70s, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. The old Roger Corman E.A.Poe movies with Vincent Price. But also Italian trashy movies, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Italian cannibal exploitation movies.

Watched Halloween III yesterday, it's not a Michael Myers movie. From 1982.

80s crap is enjoyable. The first 6 Friday the 13ths.
>>
>>19032147
Gosh, I wanna fuck your face
>>
>>19033666
Witnessed

Will watch them all over the next few weeks, thanks dude. Why don't you like conjuring 1 ? I preferred that of the two
>>
>>19033709
Im a britfag so i appreciated the setting in the 2nd one, the 1st is ok but wouldnt make my list
>>
>>19028383
Jacob's ladder.
>>
>>19032147
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>19033666
>Worst horror ive ever seen: The Inkeepers
Dude I am in shock....I hated that fucking movie too but I have literally never seen anybody else say anything bad about it. It's constantly recommended. Thank you for showing me I'm not totally alone in the world.
>>
>>19028383

Kill List was amazing for the first half, after that it started getting more and more uninteresting. Still good horror imo.
>>
>>19034103
Its almost as if they ran out of money in the last quarter of the film and thought fuck it, i was waiting for something to happen, thinking it was just a slow burning, then it ended.

I saw it after watching House of the Devil which is by the same director and is a great film, how people can rate it highly is beyond me.
>>
>>19034149
Agreed. I enjoyed it, but I felt like there was more potential that wasn't realized as far as atmosphere and suspense and whatnot
>>
File: 1484898839763.jpg (441KB, 900x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1484898839763.jpg
441KB, 900x1567px
ALIEN also the follow up ALIENS is good but more action and less horror.
>>
>>19034200
Alien: Isolation is also a fantastic game, i can only play it for 30 mins at a time unless i get an anxiety attack.
>>
File: WzIo8WGUJDQ.movieposter_maxres.jpg (24KB, 300x431px) Image search: [Google]
WzIo8WGUJDQ.movieposter_maxres.jpg
24KB, 300x431px
This one surprised me. It's all about the atmosphere, what they call a "slow burn", but I loved it.
>>
File: 1460322596722.jpg (314KB, 1200x514px) Image search: [Google]
1460322596722.jpg
314KB, 1200x514px
I've recently seen:

A Dark Song
The Blackcoat's Daughter
I am the Pretty Thing that Lives in the House

I'd say they're all about 7-8/10
>>
I watched the lake bodom movie last night, that was a fun ride
>>
>>19028383
I know a couple ppl mentioned it already, but The Void is pretty good. It's intense, has a little sci-fi vibe to it, and fun fact: no CGI was used in the film.
I'm often disappointed with horror movies, this one not so much.
>>
>>19028383
OH! Also, Oculus is pretty great.
>>
File: oculus.jpg (249KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
oculus.jpg
249KB, 680x478px
Oculus
>>
>>19034363
TLLP has one of the best casts I've seen in a modern horror movie just for likability and realism. A lot of movies now a days try to make their characters unlikable or bland because they think that'll make the threat more interesting (or they just can't right people for shit) so it was refreshing finding a director who realized horror is half the building of the threat and half character study.
>>
>>19034709
this filled was shilled so hard on here ive been in two minds whether to watch it or not, is it actually any good?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (36KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
36KB, 400x500px
>>19034717
>>19034730
Both my waifus in one place?? Muh dick!!!
>>
Eli Roths clown just added to Netflix.
>>
>>19034902
This was way better than I thought it'd be
>>
>>19029336
Just because it's overrated, doesn't mean its bad, faggot.
>>
>>19033506
Holy shit, I think that's it! I've been trying to find that movie for like 20 years.
>>
>>19035004
that is true, but the babadook is fucking garbage water

the biggest problem with it is that it was marketed as, and is recommended as, a horror film, which IT FUCKING ISNT. If you were looking for horror recommendations and people told you to watch How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, wouldn't you be pissed that they made you waste your time? I always compare it to The Village by M. Night Shaymalalamalmalml. Marketed as horror, seems like horror, but in the third act of the film there's a twist where they say PSYCH! None of this horror shit was real, it's all a bunch of bullshit and you just wasted 2 hours of your life.

Fuck you, fuck the people who marketed The Babadook, and fuck every single retard who recommends it as a horror movie.
>>
>>19035258
This is basically 100% accurate, I couldn't quite put into words what I fucking hated about that movie but you did so spectacularly
>>
>>19035258
I mean you have a point. But to forget all of the decent aspects of the movie and the horror atmosphere it had throughout it's entirety just because of the "what a tweest" ending that revealed it was mostly mental shit going on seems kind of unfair.

Like, the ending to me was also "meh" but the actual movie was pretty clever and was good to watch.
>>19034981
Also yeah, that was a pretty fun premise. The only thing i didn't like was the wife character who was basically retarded on a level even higher than regular horror protagonists.
>>
>>19034730

One of the best feelings of paranoia I've ever gotten from a horror movie. I lost sleep after watching this movie. And, that hasn't happened to me since I was very young. I love it.

Speaking of paranoia, it's already been mentioned, but watch The Thing. The 1982 version is the best version. But, despite what people say, I think the 2011 version is worth watching as well. The 1982 version is definitely heavier on the mental and paranoia angle. But god damnit, the 2011 version created a new phobia for me.

I would definitely say that if you watch both that you should watch the 1982 version first. Not understanding how exactly The Thing functions definitely improves the experience of the 1982 version, but doesn't do much either way for the 2011 version.
>>
>>19030097

here's your (you)
>>
>>19036157
Yeah the wife was head scratchingly dumb
>>
>>19036157
>>19035258

Well, since the movie seems to have been mostly spoiled at this point anyway, I'd like to interject and say that one of my favorite aspects of The Bababdook is that it's unclear whether it's just her going crazy or if it's actually happening.

Really, the "twist" of the movie to me was that it WAS actually real. I was fairly convinced the whole movie that this was just a delve into insanity.
>>
File: 1494689955113.png (87KB, 251x252px) Image search: [Google]
1494689955113.png
87KB, 251x252px
>>19036180
>one of my favorite aspects of The Bababdook is that it's unclear whether it's just her going crazy or if it's actually happening.
>Really, the "twist" of the movie to me was that it WAS actually real. I was fairly convinced the whole movie that this was just a delve into insanity.

Um.......yeah.........no....you're either retarded or you weren't paying attention. It is very explicit about the fact that the whole thing was a metaphor and there was never any monster. Like they make it super super clear.
>>
>>19036284

So they have a shared illusory experience? Or are you claiming that people often actually vomit black ink and float through the air? Because, those are two things that they both experienced together and affected both of their bodies.

Yes, it's a metaphor. But it's a being that exists as a metaphor. Or feeds off of it.
>>
File: 1494790876718.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494790876718.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>19036294
>Yes, it's a metaphor. But it's a being that exists as a metaphor. Or feeds off of it.

I don't think you know what a metaphor is, bud
>>
>>19036294
Uh, no. It's legitimately a metaphor. The ending is her basically bottling up her ugly feelings and subduing them through force of will. They still are dangerous and they still lurk, but she has mastered control over them.

There is/was no monster beyond the actual parent herself. The babadook/spooky shit was just part of the metaphor. I still like the movie but you're pretty wrong here.
>>
>>19036300

An astral being such as a demon is literally a concept. It exists as a concept. A metahpor is a kind of concept.

Instead of half-assing an attempt at belittling someone with a poorly formed strawman argument, please attempt to actually debunk the actual claims they make. Not that I actually expect an explanation as to how to separate individuals experience and witness an event that is physically impossible without communicating in any way what they are seeing to each other.

>>19036302

So, we're just ignoring the mother floating in the air and later vomiting a black substance that clearly does not come form a human body? These are both things that the child reacts to as if they happened as we witnessed them on the screen. If the movie's imagery is JUST an illusion within the woman's head, then the child would not be experiencing the same events.

Unless, your claim is that nothing that happens at the end is anything actually witnessed or experienced by either party. In that case, I have to wonder why put anything on the screen at all?
>>
>>19036330
The child reacts yes, but he's never actually attacked by anything other than the mother herself. The spooky black goo is representative of her psychosis/bad feelings. When it spreads everywhere and she vomits it out, it's representative of her not being in control of her feelings. She's overwhelmed and riddled with angst over (i think the death of her husband right?) and she's releasing her pent up rage and emotions on her kid.

The kid knows it's not the "real" her and is the "babadook" (manifestation of her feelings) and tries to hug her/comfort her/bring her back to her normal self throughout the movie.

The kid reacts to her, yes, and she did float around and stuff. That's just because the movie was typical horror UNTIL the end. You find out that it's a metaphor once we realize what the babadook is and what the black goo substance is.
The Floating/goo was basically just the kid reacting to the mother losing her mind and going apeshit.
You can view it as a real monster, but it isn't at all. The movie loses all meaning if it was just "spooky black goo possesses the parents".
>>
>>19036368

Well, no, it's not just "spooky black goo possesses the parents". It's "spooky black goo uses the fact that the mother wants to kill her child to manipulate her into doing horrible things".

I mean, how the fuck did the book get in their house in the first place? I can't prove that the subsequent incidents were real. But, at the very least, the original reading of the book happened. They both clearly saw and read the contents of the pages of a book that neither of them remember acquiring.
>>
>>19036383
The book is just something they find. They read it, and the kid gets spooked. The kid NEVER shuts up about the babadook and the mother tries to hide the book away and get rid of it. It keeps "re appearing" because no matter what she does, her son won't stop obsessing over the book and it won't stop scaring him. (remember how he keeps screaming about it and getting in trouble at school, even before shit starts going down?) She can't "get rid of" the babadook.

The babadook itself is literally just a spooky childrens tale. The feelings of resentment over her situation (son causing trouble/not fitting in at school, dead husband, etc) are what cause her to go batshit insane and try to harm him.
The black goo IS manipulating her to do bad things, but it's not an actual creature or entity. It's literally a visual representation of nasty feelings we all have sometimes, and what happens if we ACT on those feelings and let them overwhelm us.
You're focusing too much on what actually happened and not looking at the symbolism of what happened. The book re appearing on it's own and coming out of nowhere, yeah that's spooky horror stuff. But EVERY part of the movie is about the mother and how she reacts, what's going through her head, and what she physically does.
>>
>>19036402
>The book re appearing on it's own and coming out of nowhere, yeah that's spooky horror stuff.
Forgot a sentence. It's spooky horror shit if looked at in a vacuum. When you don't understand what it's meant to represent, -that she can't deal with her son's fear and tries to escape her problems rather than deal with them- it's supernatural shit. But it's not.
>>
>>19036412
>>19036402

I feel like this would have made a much better book than movie. Metaphor does not work well as a visual medium unless everything is metaphorical. When we keep bouncing back and forth between metaphor and real without any sort of indicator as to why that would be (such as a dream sequence (and no, most of this purported "metaphor" has no indicator of being in a dream sequence)), you're just left with a mess of a confusing movie.

This is really convincing me that this movie IS bad. And, I didn't start this conversation feeling that way.
>>
>>19036433
That's the thing. It's a great idea for a story and is a horror movie up until the very end when you realize it's got literally nothing supernatural going on. Doesn't detract from the story itself at all, or the movie really.

Not liking it posthumously because you didn't realize it was a metaphor hidden underneath a horror movie seems kind of retarded of you if i'm going to be honest.
>>
>>19036453

It's more like I'm saying I'm realizing it's poorly written than I'm saying that I didn't like it. And, it's definitely very very poorly written. And the wrong medium.

My own understanding of the movie is irrelevant to those facts.
>>
>>19036491
>I like this movie
>No, it's not a metaphor for anything
>Ok it kind of is, but it's also got supernatural shit too mixed in
>Oh i was wrong again
>I hate this movie now
>I totally didn't change my mind because i was wrong
>It's just bad writing bro

Yeah it's so bad that it literally went entirely over your head and you liked it before i explained it out to you. That's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>19036499

If I've been following this conversation correctly (that would make 1 of us), I started this conversation talking to two people. One was rational, one enjoyed using strawman arguments more than he enjoyed using them WELL.

You are clearly the latter.

It was worth a good chuckle, though. I am impressed by and appreciative of your ability to use a logical fallacy wrong.
>>
Recently watched Baskin.

Was pleasantly surprised by it, though it does have a lazy cop out ending. But even if you don't try to understand the story's logic it's still an enjoyable and competent movie.
>>
>>19036524
Rofl what are you even talking about "strawman" arguments. Do you even know what that term means? I swear the refuge of the mentally deficient online is crying straw man at every opportunity.

I'm calling you a retard for claiming that the movie was badly written when you didn't even have the mental acuity to realize the fucking metaphor it was based on. That's not a straw man. A Straw man is using a fallacious example (one that doesn't work in context of the argument, or is disingenuous) to try and prove a point. It's morphing someone's arguments into something easier to defeat.

You literally started to hate the movie after admitting liking it, right after i explained it to you, and when i called you out on it you blamed "bad writing" and "Wrong medium" (whatever the fuck that means). My greentext is a legitimate representation of how the conversation went.

God damn is everyone on this board as retarded as you? I came here for some horror discussion but jesus christ i'm not getting it.
>>
>>19036535
Same, just watched it, parts of it surprised me and parts of it disappointed me, but overall I'd say it's worth a watch.
>>
File: file.png (360KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
360KB, 800x450px
>>19028963
The Witch moved slowly but had a steady build, was visually satisfying, very atmospheric and worth the watch. I enjoyed it.
Torrenting The Void now, from that Eldritch thread it was posted in. We'll see.
Absolutely loved Event Horizon. Loved the obvious Hellraiser influences and I can't help but enjoy everything I've seen with Sam Neill.

You've got to watch Kill List, if you haven't already. I can't quite explain why I liked it so much. Maybe someone else who enjoyed it can chime in.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1569x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1569x800px
>>19032046
The Thing (1982) was really good. It was one of those underrated movies. Probably the best remake I've ever seen. Not to be mistaken for a simple monster movie, you have to appreciate the psychological element built into the monster's premise.
>>
>>19033666
Bone Tomahawk was pretty good. You have to take it as kind of a dissection of the western genre.
>>
>>19036535
Looks like Turkish Silent Hill.
>>
File: IMG_0471.jpg (388KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.jpg
388KB, 1600x900px
>>19036959
>got to watch Kill List
It's like Pulp Fiction meets Eyes Wide Shut. These men are terrible people, but they peel back another layer of terrible people and in doing so, you don't quite know who to trust. It's this feeling of doubting the motives of everyone around you, much like the original Wicket Man. If you liked Kill List, you would probably like A Field In England. Same director. Very trippy. Almost like Apocalypse Now as a "period piece". Very much a Heart Of Darkness type descent into madness.
>>
File: IMG_0472.jpg (83KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0472.jpg
83KB, 1000x563px
>>19037059
>he original Wicket Man
Wicker Man.
>>
>>19028383
martyrs
>>
>>19028479
yeah shes hot as fuck man

but wait babadookie

lool oooh atutistic boy and his mother masterbates

inb4 some jackass mentiones herpes it follows
>>
>>19028383
Extra points for non-monster horror movies.
>>
>>19036969
>The Thing
>underrated
what
>>
>>19033666
Possession of Michael king was really good, as was Autopsy of jane doe
>>
>>19034847
if you like practical effects, and cosmic horror, then yeah its pretty good. Plot is a bit convoluted but i still liked it. Would recommend
>>
>>19037650
Just realised my post
>666
Spoopy
>>
>>19037504
I think he might mean the newer one? I liked both the original and the newer adaptation.
>>
>>19034847
Really good. No CGI whatsoever, so all of the creatures/weirdness have a real feeling to them. The plot is a little convoluted but it's good enough to just enjoy the ride.
Really reminds me of Hellraiser, not in plot but in aesthetics.
>>
>>19035258
I read this in Penn Jillette's voice, it just really sounds like one of his rants.

My personal list of ones not mentioned yet.
-Grave Encounters, not great, but has a pretty neat concept. The sequel is a unique take on a sequel to the first as it's pretty fourth wall breaking right off the bat, but is not only worse than the first, it's got the worst twist in a movie that literally made no sense.

As Above, So Below. I've known people who like this, but it shares a problem for me with Grave Encounters. Both are sort of the "found footage" variety, but both have visceral, personal, and tangible hallucinations, which in my opinion of spooks should make no sense.

-Clown (2016) Hella neat concept, terrifying and often as funny just as it is terrifying. I haven't seen Eli Roth's Stitches, so I can't be sure how it compares as a creepy clown movie.

-Tusk just fucking Tusk. Hilarious concept, terrifying resulting movie. Goo goo g'joob.

-The Evil Dead remake was not only a great use of practical effects, but in my opinion probably one of the best paced horror films. Nothing like the originals, but as much as I love those, this was a refreshing take on the story. Probably one of the goriest movies I've ever enjoyed and I'm really adverse to gore porn.

-Splinter. Crazy ass body horror kind of stuff as well as a unique monster.

-Feast. Just go fucking watch it, ignore sequels.

I had one more really good one, but I can't think of it now. I'll try to remember it and update.
>>
>>19028383
What is creature is she supposed to be?
>>
File: 1481245939163.png (260KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
1481245939163.png
260KB, 352x315px
>>19038410
Excellent taste my friend
>>
>>19038410
-Monsters and Monsters: Dark Continent slow building, kinda meh endings, bur I really like the monster designs and I'd suggest watching them without looking up the monsters as I feel it helps with the awe

-Splice: Adrian Brody, sexy monster. Sexy monster sex. Gorgeous movie seems a little dumb, but go with it.

-Ex Machina - Maybe it's more of a thriller, but it has horror elements for sure.

Also, can't believe this was the one I forgot (i was reminded of my previous suggestions in this post while trying to remember my favorite)

-Slither, watch the specials if you can. First best fictional Sheriff just barely above Jim Hopper from Stranger Things. Wait you HAVE seen Stranger Things, right?

Honorable mention: The Lost Room miniseries on SyFy (back when they were Sci-fi) Three two hour episodes no real horror but it has pretty /x/ related themes I think anyone on this board should appreciate.
>>
>>19037176
I'd watched babadook the same morning that I posted that. I probably wouldn't have mebtioned it otherwise. I know overall it's a shit film but the part where she's under the bed covers is creepy.
>>
>>19038410
>I read this in Penn Jillette's voice, it just really sounds like one of his rants

Haha I love him so that's a huge compliment for me.

And I second this >>19038443
You have great taste in movies, I've seen and love almost all of those, except I still need to watch Clown and The Lost Room, and I've never heard of Feast or monsters and Monsters but they are now on my list.
>>
>>19030133
SO MUCH THIS
>>
Probably one of the scariest films ever produced is Drag Me To Hell
>>
>>19038443
>>19038692
Thank you both. I just really try to be non-biased when I watch movies and such and I don't mind admitting the good and the bad of them. Like, yeah I literally say some of these movies are shit, but there's usually something either good or interesting in the films I admit are bad.

Though, I will say this: I love monster movies. I love a unique creature design, only reason I liked Cloverfield because it was something new and unexpected. There's too few monsters I like in cinema. Guy Davis is my living idol (H. R. Giger is my dead one) and anything he makes is pure perfection. I've seen The Host, liked that monster, Cloverfield Lane was, meh on the monster, but good before it. Weirdly enough I love the monsters in (damn I wish I could spoiler on /x/ because this is just embarassing) Monster Trucks and only plan to see it for that reason, but I will not pay for that. Pumpkin Head (pictured) was actually my first favorite movie monster and I think that really set the stage for my love of monsters.

Do either of you (or anyone else really) know good monster flicks with cool designs?

>>19038779
I actually considered this on my list since I love Raimi, but since you mentioned it I'll only say this: Lived up to it's title spectacularly.
>>
>>19034730
Basically anything from this director.
Watch Hush, OuiJa 2, before I wake.

They are all entertaining "horror"films.
>>
File: 7142_press02-001[1].jpg (47KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
7142_press02-001[1].jpg
47KB, 413x600px
>>19038813
(pictured) Gosh fucking damn it. I didn't even post the picture.
>>
File: 1438960056919.jpg (24KB, 470x437px) Image search: [Google]
1438960056919.jpg
24KB, 470x437px
>>19028383
>tfw watched horror movies just to masturbate back in the day
Did anyone else do this or was it just me? A lot of them had really good fap material.
>>
>>19040319
Nope that was me too. Almost as often as I did scrambled porn
>>
>>19040319
>>19040328
I know I watched the scene in Mallrats with Joey Lauren Adams' breasts out for like just a second and paused to have a good fap. And I know I did at least one horror flick, probably of the Friday the 13th movies since I know that Freddy scared me too much as a kid, so I didn't watch those until I was an adult (infact, it was the reboot of Elm St that made me look up and watch the originals) Even as a nearly adult I was afraid to sleep after all that.
>>
>>19040439
Yup for me it was the tits in the standard slashers, the cake scene from under siege, and the vr scene from timecop
>>
In case anyone uses Letterboxd, I made an /x/ movie list 2 weeks ago if you wanna find some essentials.

https://letterboxd.com/paraturtle/list/x-paranormal-movie-essentials/

I'd recommend AntiChrist if you want something that's pretty dang stressfull despite being primarily a thriller. It has some real graphic stuff but holy cow it's good.

Also, Creep should be mentioned. Another found footage that's real fun. Gonna have 2 sequels which are totally unnecessary but I'll still see.
>>
File: phantom-of-the-opera-lon-chaney.jpg (123KB, 1000x1303px) Image search: [Google]
phantom-of-the-opera-lon-chaney.jpg
123KB, 1000x1303px
>>19028383
>>
>>19040676
I was a huge fan of the show The League and I can't watch Creep because the whole time all I can think is 'what the fuck happened to Pete??' and 'where's taco??'
>>
>>19033666
>30 Days of night

fucking garbage
>>
the first and third blair witch movie.

(third one only for the lore. second one is trash.)
>>
>>19040712
Haha dude same! I enjoyed it but the whole time I could not take him seriously, I'm like "ahh pete's just fucking around with this guy"
>>
>>19040676
>https://letterboxd.com/paraturtle/list/x-paranormal-movie-essentials/

Thanks for this!

Regarding AntiChrist, movies like that aren't very enjoyable for me. I'm not into like realistically "disturbing" shit, I like my horror to be creepy, eerie, atmospheric, not make me feel like I've lost some of my humanity after witnessing the events of the film. That being said though, it does have some very creepy moments, and the atmosphere is overall very good. I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch it a second time, though. It's seriously just so fucked up.
>>
>>19041072
It wasn't great, but I liked the representation of the vampires.

What did /x/ think of Mercy?
>>
the devils rejects
>>
>>19028963
Event horizon is awesome
>>
>>19028383
Turns out there is a full length movie with the people from this VHS short https://youtu.be/OcnOEK0iWWk
>>
>>19041197
holy shit, i heard they were making this but I totally forgot about it. that trailer looks pretty shit though, unfortunately.
>>
>>19041247
75% on rotten tomatoes for a horrible flick is good, though, anon.
>>
>>19028383
it follows was decent
>>
Anyone have any good innawoods horror movies? Like cabin in the woods ambiance
>>
>>19033666
>Devils Pass
I just watched it. It had some really bad acting, most of the actors (Gemma Atkinson especially) couldn't maintain an American accent (one scene she'd use hard r's the next she'd use "uh" ("can-suh","cam-ruh", etc.)). Furthermore the CGI was terrible, the monsters looked worse than I Am Legend. The story was pretty good but there were a few continuity errors.

The Void is basically the opposite, good acting, good effects and a weak story.

This is just my opinion.
>>
>>19041409
>"cam-ruh"
Disregard this example.
>>
We Are What We Are

It's a slow-pace horror movie with a good message.
>>
>>19041337
Exists was pretty good
>>
>>19040712
>>19041127
I always kind of avoided this movie but was always like "eh, I'll see it some day, but not today" I love that actor though and now I'm highly considering it.

>>19041181
>awesome
Understatement of the year. Most accurate depiction of being in space without a suit, they even tell the guy out there the exact same thing they tell astronauts to do in that exact situation. Interstellar literally uses the same method of explained warp speed as Dr. Alan Grant does in Event Horizon. Best decisions ever made in a horror movie. Specifically, Lawrence Fishbourne's line after viewing the video footage of the ship.

>>19041666
Well, Satan, while I agree this movie was pretty good I don't even really consider it horror too much. Also, based on my morbid curiosities before seeing this I pinned the "twist" of the movie both I guess. I didn't really think anything in it was supposed to be unknown, but maybe I'm too observant? Doubtful.

>>19041337
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is hilarious and great satire of the genre while being a perfect installment of the genre like Cabin in the Woods.
>>
>>19028383
Recently watched a movie called Ratter. It left me a bit shook up. It's creepy.
>>
File: nope.jpg (195KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
195KB, 1080x1080px
Last Shift. the story/visuals in this movie are pretty good, and its on netflix. but its got lots of jumpscares and the ending is kinda lame.
7/10 worth watching for cheap horror movie
>>
>>19041072
for what its worth, the comics were kick ass
>>
>>19036302
>There is/was no monster beyond the actual parent herself
Just because the monster symbolizes something, doesn't mean it doesn't actually exist within the fictional world.
>>
>>19030665
What movie you talking about
>>
>>19029336
Signs is pretty good alien invasion horror movie desu.

Anyone know any other good alien invasion horror movies? Preferably not any found footage movies unless they are truly great.
I've seen The McPherson Tape (the original) and it was fucking horrible. People weren't joking when they said the aliens were literally kids in Halloween costumes.
>>
>>19037504
I wouldn't call it underrated, but it is definitely a movie that you either love to death or you have never heard of. Outside of the people who love the movie, you'll never hear it talked about by anyone but film buffs who are probably comparing special fx to the ones in The Thing.
>>
>>19043567
If you saw the post he was quoting, you may have noticed the title is Starry Eyes. I believe it's still on netflix
>>
>no one's said Ringu yet
>>
>>19037504
The Thing (with Kurt Russel) was poorly received at the box office and holds the place of "cult classic", along movies like Hellraiser and They Live.
>>
Mum and Dad
The Cottage
Eden Lake
>>
>>19037650
I can vouch for the autopsy of jane doe.

One of those horror movies from another perspective that you usually wouldn't get.
>>
>>19043405
>Satan is just God's little bitch

Dunno why, I liked that line a lot.
>>
>>19044163
It's safe to say though that everyone has forgotten 1982's mysterious drop in taste.
>>
File: IMG_0474.jpg (146KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
146KB, 568x320px
>>19044098
Yeah. I liked it.
>>
File: IMG_0473.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0473.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>19043567
Great visuals. Cinematography. Cheesy ending.
>>
>>19043786
The Thing is constantly listed as one of the greatest horror movies of all time. It is anything but underrated.
>>
>>19044717
When did opinions on The Thing change? Because to this day it baffles me why it was a commercial and critical flop at release. And there had to be more of a reason than ET having come out the week prior.
>>
>>19028672
house isnt terribly scary but it is a trippy fucking ride id recommend to anybody
>>
>>19041409
was a long time since i had seen it desu, i added it as i find the Dyatlov pass incident absolutely fascinating, Gemma Atkinson is also a babe.
>>
>>19030159

Meh, it was alright, should have been much better. Atmosphere was great, I won't argue that....but I hate getting to the end of a movie and feeling like "oh, that was the end?"
>>
File: phenomenaposter.jpg (223KB, 1202x1600px) Image search: [Google]
phenomenaposter.jpg
223KB, 1202x1600px
Probably won't spook you, but the atmosphere and cinematography are great.
>>
File: Videdrome 1.png (872KB, 1131x645px) Image search: [Google]
Videdrome 1.png
872KB, 1131x645px
Modern Horror:

Highly Recommended -

1. The Witch: Amazing story and atmosphere, definitely the most evil movie I've seen in forever. People either love it or think it's a snoozer.

2. Green Room: Not necessarily a 'horror', but absolutely scary enough to be. Far too intimate and unrelenting - first movie in years that had me hiding in my jacket at some scenes.

3. Starry Eyes - Mentioned before but it is super good for what it is. Pretty twisted with a stellar climax.

4. The Conjuring (1 & 2) - Both films have some bland, corny parts, but overall the scares involved with both are fantastic.

5. Evil Dead (remake) - Another love it or hate it, but the practical effects alone make this worth the watch. Fucking brutal from start-to-finish (if you ignore the somewhat bland beginning).

6. Don't Breathe - From the dude who did the Evil Dead remake. Lots of great suspense and terror with this, although the "twist" felt a bit unnecessary.

7. Grave Encounters - This should not be anywhere near as good as it is, but it hits every note. Should have been as big as the Paranormal Activity shits are, desu.

8. Oculus - Super fun all around, mind-bending and great visuals.

9. Bone Tomahawk - Slow burner that overall is just a solid film in general. Of course there's "that scene" as well, I saw the webm of it on here awhile and still winced heavy seeing it all go down.

10. House of 1,000 Corpses - Another love it or hate it, but again, just total fun and completely ridiculous. Zombie really is hit or miss (usually miss) but this one was pretty kickass.

Other goodies: 28 Days Later, Trollhunter, Autopsy of Jane Doe, The Lords of Salem, It Follows, The Babadook, Clown, The Invitation, Baskin, The Void, Crimson Peak, Ouija

Probably missing some and that "top 10" aren't necessarily my top 10, but The Witch and Green Room totally are.
>>
File: Neon Demon 1.png (901KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Neon Demon 1.png
901KB, 1280x800px
Overrated / Shitty Shit / Avoid:

1. As Above, So Below - Why the fuck does anybody like this? Interesting plot but from start to finish I was pretty disinterested. (Main chick was a qt, though).

2. The Boy - I don't really know if people liked this in general but god this was shit.

3. Devil - Could have been great, but missed the mark in a lot of ways.

4. [REC] - Not bad, but overrated. Most likely because I watched this in 2016, but it just did not do much for me.

5. Annabelle - Legitimately the worst major release horror film I've seen. Nothing happens. It forces and form of "terror" that it tries to create. Fucking awful.

6. The Shallows - Overrated as shit, only good parts were Blake Lively and the seagull.

7. Lights Out - Should have just been kept as the short film, this idea is not meant for the span of a full-length film.

8. Sinister - Decent but gets way too much praise, bonus points for using a Boards of Canada song.

9. Southbound - V/H/S lite, it had a ton of potential but did nothing for me.

10. Digging Up the Marrow - Cool monster design (shouts out Alex Pardee) but in general a snoozer.

11. Unfriended - Cool ideas but again, snorefest.
>>
>>19044744
Probably taken out of theatres quickly to make more room for ET, so word-of-mouth never spread until it got its VHS release.
>>
I feel sorry for people who watch The Thing these days when even a cursory search of the money spoils who is The Thing. I played the video game when it came out and then saw the movie on Encore years later. I sat down and watched it, from beginning to end, and had never been so paranoid while watching a movie.

It's probably one of the scariest concepts imaginable: knowing that someone in your group is an imposter but there is literally no way to tell. Fantastic writing, filming, special effects, music, pacing, and acting. Even the dog is an amazing actor.

The only problem in The Thing is that there is a scene where a guy is being shaken around and he is clearly a dummy.
>>
>>19045035
It is literally one of the greatest movies ever.
They pulled all of that off before the age of cg.
>>
>>19044920
I disagree As Above, So Below is overrated. In fact, going by the definition of "overrated", it's simply not true. It fared horribly and every credible film outlet gave it a thumbs down.

I really thought it was entertaining however. They captured the grim claustrophobia rather well.
>>
>>19044653
Might have to watch it desu, working overnight so have fuck all to do
>>
>>19044862
Literally just pirated this a week or two ago because I got into the clock tower games recently and it is a stated influence. Probably gonna go watch it now that I am reminded.
>>
>>19030097
I thought someone like you would *visit* this thread
>>
>>19044920
Annabelle has one savage moment of audience misdirection involving the doll and the infant but other than that; I agree it's pretty bad.

I "liked" The Boy because it's ending was certified bonkers and it was a surprisingly classy horror flick---old house, minimal jump scares, some built up intrigue about the family of The Boy---but it's nothing you haven't seen done better in at least five films.
>>
>>19045143
Sneaky just like *Stewart Little 2*
>>
>>19028546
>audition
God I remember that one like it was yesterday. I watched it with some pals, before any of us drank or got high. We popped open some chips, sat on a couch in somebody's basement, and made bad weeaboo jokes while some asian dude tried to snag a waifu under false pretenses and people ate vomit.
>>
>>19038692
>I love Penn Jillette
I haven't cringed in years, I thought I was completely inoculated against all autism, but you did it today; you made me physically cringe with no more than a few words
>>
>>19044897
>green room
seriously? The one with the skinheads? That had you fucked up? You gotta be kidding me

>don't breathe
eh, it was suspenseful but the 'villain' wasn't exactly terrifying or anything and the protagonists deserved every second of misery they brought upon themselves for trying to rob an old blind man. Not to mention the absolute worst outcome was pretty vanilla considering the genre

>
>>
File: 1457202771763.jpg (87KB, 915x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1457202771763.jpg
87KB, 915x1084px
>>19028383
Found (2012)
The Woods (2006)
Dark Skies (2013)
Peur(s) du Noir (2017) animated but not anime
Madhouse (2004)
watch them all, my dudes
>>
I like fucked up and interesting horror, shit like sinister, blaiir witch, europa, mr.jones, frontiers, vhs, saw, a serbian film, the thing, ect.

What's some good interesting, fucked up shit on netflix?
>>
>>19028383
The Grifter.
I nearly shat my pants when I watched it.
>>
>>19034227
This. Also play the game on hard, the AI actually becomes smarter and you feel more like you're at risk.
>>
>>19049981
And as much as I am a PC gamer at heart, the ps4 version integrates the controller light into the game. As much as that's a small, subtle detail, it makes a world of difference and really puts you in the game
>>
Is not 100% horror, but lately been on a "we need to talk about Kevin" & "I'm not a serial killer" kick.
>>
>>19049174
but 'sinister' is for normies
>>
>>19028383

Baskin

i dare you to try to sleep after watching it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4935418/
>>
>>19051170

Solid cast, interesting atmosphere for the first half an hour, gets boring as fuck pretty fast once the tryhard weird shit kicks in.
>>
>>19031972
Seen it with some friends they all pussied out like half way through I still haven't finished it and still want too
>>
>>19034200
I wish Sigourney was my wife
>>
What's the movie called where they dig up some ancient things in the snow and then they start seeing the goat thing and going crazy. That was scary.

I usually hate horror because it is usually so boring and bland would rather watch a documentary or something; anything else. But this movie was good. Apart from the black actor
>>
File: IMG_0490.jpg (48KB, 306x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0490.jpg
48KB, 306x432px
>>19051378
You know she's 68yrs old, right?
>>
>>19051388
Bump cause interested as well
>>
>>19051105
We need to talk about Kevin was pretty good but I'm not a serial killer was pretty garbage

If we are talking about Netflix horror flicks check out "they look like people"
>>
The Witch is the best horror film ever made, unironically

and I've seen lots of horror films

it is a masterpiece
>>
unfriended lol
>>
>>19028383
Sinister is good. It's snuff-based but in a great way. Troubled writer moves into a murder house to write about the crime that took place there, finds some super 8 reels, and dives into an Eldritch mystery that is genuinely captivating.

And see personal favorites to add would be:

Insidious
Blair Witch Project
REC
The Tunnel
Unfriended
Catfish - not horror, but still phenomenal
10 Cloverfield Lane was fun
Martyrs
>>
File: slendyfanart-500x478.jpg (75KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
slendyfanart-500x478.jpg
75KB, 500x478px
Moderns horrors underrateds or unknown

Creep
Enden Lake
The Den
Frontière(s)
The Loved Ones
Dread
The visit
Housebound
Circle
No One Lives
Mientras duermes
Evidence
À l'intérieur
Hangman
All Hallows' Eve
Scare Campaign
Haute tension
The gift
Mockingbird
Banshee Chapter
The Green Inferno
Tusk
Tucker and Dale vs Evil
The Devil's Candy
Digging Up the Marrow
The conspiracy
Buried
Deathgasm
Wolf Creek
Megan Is Missing
47 Meters Down
Patient Seven
Fear, Inc.
The Invitation
Kim Bok-nam salinsageonui jeonmal
The Returned
Atrocious
Don't Hang Up

But something that really impressed me recently was the HBO documentary (Beware the Slenderman) about two girls who stabbed a friend, and they did it because of the slenderman legend.
>>
>>19047945
Found (2012) Is really good, great underrated.

>>19033621
Creep - The best released recently
The Den
Banshee Chapter
Hangman
Digging Up the Marrow
The Conspiracy
Grave Encounters
Evidence
Atrocious
Megan Is Missing
Skinwalker Ranch
The Dyatlov Pass Incident
Afflicted

Now if you want something like horror anthologies similar to (VHS) but are not found footage, try these:
All Hallows' Eve 1 and 2
ABCs of Death 1 and 2
Patient Seven
Southbound
Holidays
XX
The Theatre Bizarre
Trick 'r Treat
Scary or Die
>>
>>19045068
Yes, i agree about the claustrophobia and all that, but the fact that it was "found footage" is what kills it for me since it makes what should be hallucination a real and tangible thing especially since most of it is very personal to each person it just makes no sense. I would have loved it if it was third person camera
>>
>>19037780

Screen print that shit , post it on /x/ and grab the popcorn
>>
>>19051446
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3139756/

The thing i liked bout it moat was the scenery and how eerie it is
>>
>>19028383

What We Do in the Shadows. Funny all the way through. And scary. The ending is brilliant. Got 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
File: 022648_26[1].jpg (8KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
022648_26[1].jpg
8KB, 320x240px
>>19036402
Okay, I know we're way past this by now in the thread, but I'd like to point out Alien.

Creator of Alien, mentioned that the shape and method of the creature in the film was a direct metaphor for rape. Does this mean that it was all a fantasy in Ripley's head to justify being raped in a spaceship? No. Because it's a metaphor, but still induces the same fear that metaphor conjures.

Depression, child-abuse, neglection, ect. are all things that are frightening about situations of single parents being depressed. People who experience it and know about it are aware of the metaphor in the movie, but just because that's its theme doesn't mean the monster is fake and just a metaphor the movie doesn't even try to say it's fake, they literally tell you it's a real thing.

Now, K-Pax is a different movie. /x/ related, but not horror. This tells a story of a man in a mental hospital who claims to be an alien. The story gives so much information about both the alien side and the human side. In fact, actually watching the movie depending on what you believe he could have been crazy or he could have been an alien. This is left ambiguously and purposefully. Niether Babadook, It Follows, nor Alien have any such mystery. They are still metaphors, but in the context of their story are very, very real.
>>
Conjuring is rubbish
>>
>>19033666
>Descent
why do people like this shitty movie?
>>
>>19053631

Monsters
Claustrophobic setting
Cool visuals at times
Can't remember much but I recall really liking it

Why don't you like it
>>
File: 1374543927478.jpg (64KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1374543927478.jpg
64KB, 360x480px
>control+F "session 9"
>0 results
>>
>>19053631
Now, there was a movie and I'm pretty sure it was Decent, but I haven't seen it in years so it may not be. At the bevinning of the movie there was some cave divers, and then they get trapped, one has like a "Heart Mom" tattoo. End of the movie one of the monsters have the same tattoo. Plot twist: They used to be human, but spent so much time in the pitch black cave they evolved to be these creatures.

That's not how evolution works, and if that movie I mentioned, yes. Yes it is complete and utter shit
>>
>>19028383
Phantasam
>>
>>19051456
I will. Thank you!
>>
the alchemist cookbook is a really great innawoods movie, highly recommend.
>>
>>19038410
>tusk
>as above, so below
Didn't know someone could suggest something worse in this thread than Babadook but here you are. Giving the two movies that are even more insufferable to sit through.
>>
>>19033592
Lul
>>
>>19036959
I couldn't watch that movie without subtitles
>>
>>19028479
All shit, not recommending.
>>
>>19030120
Ending was that the moms depression and drinking was the real monster attacking them.......gayyyyyyy
>>
>>19033592
no
>>
>>19033592
When people recommend this I always assume they never watched the movie but know about it thanks to that famous 2spooky gif.
If they did, they would know how shit it is.
>>
>ctrl+f the mist
>no matches

the Mist you fucking plebs
>>
>>19057247
I can't think of a plebiest movie than the Mist
>>
The Void was pretty good. Surprisingly good actually.
>>
File: resolution_xlg.jpg (434KB, 1030x1500px) Image search: [Google]
resolution_xlg.jpg
434KB, 1030x1500px
This right here, my friends, is one of the best hidden gems on the horror genre ever created. This movie is completely awesome, although it is probably not for everyone, especially if you are one of those persons who can't handle thinking out of the box.
>>
>>19033666
>all those names with devil in it
>post ending with 666
I'm on to you, Satan.
>>
File: d10r.jpg (63KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
d10r.jpg
63KB, 500x334px
>>19030665
>>19028936
This movie was not shit. For anyone thinking of giving it a watch, definitely give it a go. They don't hit you over the head with the underlying theme, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to get what they are trying to convey. Worth a watch IMO.
>>
>>19030867
Neat. Imma watch that shit right now. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>19033666
Paranomal Activity 3 actually managed to be pretty good right up until that terrible shitass ending.
>>
>>19028383
the emoji movie is pretty terrifying
>>
>>19033681
Good day mr edge
>>
>>19028383
Where do I know this chick from?
>>
>>19052034
How did you see 47 Meters Down? And is it good?
>>
>>19028546
Lena Headey is the naked punk girl. She's was a huge horror queen in the 80s. Check out Night of the Demons...the one from the 80s, not the remake.
>>
>>19058222
VHS
>>
>>19058306
Thanks
>>
Some of my favorites I watched this year is ouija 2 origins of evil or something like that
And autopsy of Jane doe
>>
>>19028479
wat movie
>>
>>19030155
fucking terrifying look at true despair and futility
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>19032057
My personal favorite movie of all time
>>
>>19058231
A long time already released on the internet. It's very good.
>>
>>19043468
oh shut up you fucking tard, the fact that you think that makes sense shows how autistic you are
>>
>>19043769
>The McPherson Tape
Yeah that disappointed me too after being so highly recommended.

The 4th Kind was one I found really creepy. I fucking love alien movies, aliens are scarier to me than ghosts or demons or monsters or anything, but there are so few good alien horror movies. Dark Skies was decent too, but yeah...Signs is probably my favorite alien movie ever.
>>
>>19051105
>I'm not a serial killer
I loved that movie, had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised, so fun
>>
>>19051170
>Baskin
>i dare you to try to sleep after watching it

I had a hard time not sleeping DURING it

Parts of it were creepy and cool in the beginning, but the second half is cliche boring shit imo
>>
>>19053188
Holy fucking god you're an idiot.

In THE UNIVERSE portrayed in the movie Alien, the alien is an actual alien. How the designer says he designed the monster has absolutely nothing to do with anything in the movie's universe.

In THE UNIVERSE portrayed in the movie It Follows, "it" is a very real entity. The fact that it is passed on through sexual intercourse may make it seem like a metaphor for STDs, but whether or not it is, the fact remains that IN THE MOVIE'S UNIVERSE the "it" is a real thing.

I haven't seen K-Pax, but based on your description it sounds like the whole point of the movie is that you don't know whether the guy is an alien or not, so they never actually make it explicit if he is, they leave it up for interpretation.

In THE UNIVERSE portrayed in The Babadook, they make it extremely clearly explicit that THE FUCKING BABADOOK IS NOT A REAL THING, IT IS NOT AN ACTUAL ENTITY. WITHIN THE UNIVERSE OF THE FILM, THE MONSTER IS A METAPHORICAL REPRESENTATION OF HER GRIEF AND MENTAL ILLNESS. AGAIN, WITHIN THE MOVIE'S UNIVERSE, THERE IS NO MONSTER, THEY MAKE IT 100% EXPLICIT IN THE END THAT THE MONSTER NEVER EXISTED.

I hope this helps it finally sink in to your astoundingly dense brain. If it doesn't....well, you honestly might want to start wearing a helmet in your day to day life.
>>
>>19053755
>They used to be human, but spent so much time in the pitch black cave they evolved to be these creatures.
>That's not how evolution works
Tell that to the snow elves, you fucking n'wah
>>
>>19044920
The entire time I was watching Lights Out I was thinking about how it would have been a better as a Telltale style video game.
>>
File: 66198_102434449822118_1839893_n.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
66198_102434449822118_1839893_n.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
Hi /x/

I'm here to ask you what you think about this part of a movie called Cube (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVILzB3Dowg

It showed 9/11 and 206 right next to 9/11, which when flipped is 9:02, which is when the WTC was hit. It also had other masonic symbolism like the obvious 666 was shown at one point, and the triangle with the all seeing eye of Lucifer.

How does a coincidence like that happen? What do you think?
>>
Some obscure horror films I haven't seen mentioned:
-Suicide Club
-Communion
-The Prince of Darkness
-The Gate
>>
I stand alone. The last horror movie. From beyond. Videodrome.
>>
>>19034103
I also hated the Inkeepers. Slow as fuck, and bot worth the payoff.
>>
>>19060415
Suicide Club...I remember reading a manga with the same name when I was younger.
Is this an adaptation or something new?
>>
>>19044171
>Eden Lake
mah nigga!
>>
File: images (17).jpg (16KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
16KB, 443x332px
>>19028479
Badashit distracted people from the other shit in your post, how can a movie with pic related as something "scary" be an horror film?
>>
>>19043468
Gnomes are real guys!
>>
>>19045035
I haven't watched that one, could you link me to a torrent? I don't want to look for it myself in case Google spoils me.
>>
>>19059610
Even the most half assed natural evolution requires more than one generation.

There is actually a spoopy theory of a civilization in Europe that lived in snowy caves, all of them were white as snow, smaller and had really bad eyesight.
>>
>>19044122
Isn't The Ring the better version?
One of my favorites of all time and I only live 45 mins from where the lighthouse is in the movie.
>>
>>19033644
watched Noroi with the love of my life, now she's gone.
>>
>>19033689
Geez get a room...
>>
>>19035258
hell yeah fuck m. nut smallishdong
I fucking hate his shit as much as bitchass ewe boll
I need to wash my eyeballs with some Dario Argento I swear.
Or maybe Asia :P
>>
>>19062389
Isn't that demon from Insidious, where the fuck did he say that?
>>
File: 1454003892688.jpg (119KB, 609x707px) Image search: [Google]
1454003892688.jpg
119KB, 609x707px
>>19057685
seems like an interesting concept, I'll watch it later. Thanks for the recommendation anon
>>
>>19043468
Oh and Michael Keaton really does fly out of the window at the end of Birdman, yeah?
>>
>>19033666
>Orphan

This one?

Because it's fucking shit, man.
>>
File: 9f9ef59be99ea97d6c88f60ca3133756.jpg (97KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9f9ef59be99ea97d6c88f60ca3133756.jpg
97KB, 1440x1080px
>>19064656
Holy shit, perfect comparison
>>
Ok today I've watched High Tension, Martyrs, and Inside. Holy shit have those frogs gotten it right on these three! Does anyone have any suggestions along the same lines?
>>
>>19064786
The Loved Ones
Eden Lake
Frontier(s)
>>
>>19064868
Thanks! Looking into all three now!
>>
>>19064786
Back to back? That's some stomach you have.
>>
>>19064891
Yup back to back. I've had all three for years on an old hard drive that I dug out last night. Played some old emulator games last night off of it and this morning decided to knock out some foreign horror and those were the three.
>>
>>19064686
weird ass fucking movie/10
>>
>>19064950
you only like it for the pedo bait
>>
>>19033621
Home Movie is a pretty unknown found-footage style film. A husband and wife document their young children who begin exhibiting psychopathic symptoms.
>>
>>19065130
>Home Movie
I've looked for this everywhere and can't find it. No streaming services, not even amazon prime, not on any "illegal" free streaming sites. Same thing with Noroi, been trying to watch these movies for years but can never find them anywhere.
>>
Treevenge.
>>
>>19028383
Here is my list:
Alien
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the 80's one)
The Thing
The Changeling (70's/80's movie)
Misery

Other suggestions:
The Shining
Session 9
The Silence of the Lambs
Pyscho
The Fly (both original and remake are good)
Pumpkinhead
Christine (underrated imo)
Audition
Shutter (original, Japanese one)

I have more, but I think thats enough for now.
>>
>>19065317
>I have more
Post anyway
>>
I have some shit nobody has mentioned. Depending on your definition of horror, the serial-killer movies may or may not suit your interests. But I like gory, disturbing shit, so I'll add those in here too.

>Vampires
- Let the Right One In
- Thirst
- What We Do In the Shadows
- A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
- Stake Land

>Lovecraftian
- Spring
- Possession

>Werewolves
- Ginger Snaps
- Dog Soldiers

>Satanic
- Don't Deliver Us from Evil
- Darling
- Kill List
- Starry Eyes

>Gory serial-killer/fucked-up movies
- Angst
- Maniac (2012)
- Funny Games
- Man Bites Dog
- American Mary
- Invitation
- Hostel
- All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
- The Magician
- Calvaire
- Disappearance of Alice Creed
- Serbian Film
- Audition

>Ghosts
- Tale of Two Sisters
- R-Point
- Noroi: The Curse

>Other
- Beyond the Black Rainbow
- Deadgirl
- The Woman
- Trick 'r Treat
- Pontypool
>>
Bone tomahawk Was the last kind of horror movie I've seen, I liked it. I read about the cannibal scene and didn't think it would be that bad but fuck!
>>
>>19034637
explain the appeal of the last one
>>
File: 1427479478247.gif (910KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1427479478247.gif
910KB, 300x169px
>>19065329
Sounds good. I just realized I missed a few I should mention:
Jaws
Insidious (I thought it was okay, but gets much credit for unique scares in the modern age)
The Witch (may hate or love this one)
Phantasm (it was okay imo, but I give it a lot of credit for originality and having some pretty creepy moments)
The Baby's Room (Spanish movie)
The Orphanage (also Spanish)
To Let (outside of one, really dumb character decision, I thought a good movie) (and also Spanish)
Cat People (40's movie)
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (early, silent movie, worth a watch imo)

Ones with dolls that creeped me out because I had a fear of dolls for awhile:
Child's Play
Dead Silence
Dolly Dearest
>>
I'll post some oldies

I spit on your grave

The stuff

The gate

Terrorvision

Anything made by a company called troma

Sleep away camp

Invader - a semi rare Bruce Campbell serial killer movie

They live

Poltergeist - you need to read what real life happened to the cast before watching this movie
Someone said it above but feast, dog soldiers, drag me to hell, evil dead,alien are some pretty good ones too. My list would be way too long from the 60s on made some crazy good horror movies and some crazy bad ones. We will just call them cheese horror
>>
File: sadgizmo_large[1].jpg (53KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
sadgizmo_large[1].jpg
53KB, 600x400px
These threads are the bane of my existence.
I try to watch a movie every day, yet my backlog just grows and grows...
>>
>>19065495
That sounds hard to do.

Oh, two more that are semi-horror:
Maniac Cop (more action/thriller than horror though)
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle (also more thriller than horror)
>>
>>19064031
Oh sorry, I confused the conjure with paranormal activity which I tend to confuse for insidious.

Is the conjure good?
>>
>>19065488
>Troma
Mein neger! Poultrygeist is still one of my favorites and if you're looking for something off the beaten path by them you have to watch Meatweed Madness
>>
>>19065337
Maniac was a great film
>>
File: 1609261145295_l.jpg (30KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
1609261145295_l.jpg
30KB, 300x420px
>>
>>19065488
>Invader - a semi rare Bruce Campbell serial killer movie
After searching for about 10 minutes I figured out that the movie is actually called Intruder, not Invader, just to save other people some time
>>
>>19067347
I still say his best non evil dead work is a tie between Bubba Ho Tep and My Name is Bruce
>>
watch boxing helena and don't read about it first.
>>
stir of echoes was a pretty good psychological horror
>>
>>19067515
Honestly, he's fantastic in Burn Notice. I watched it for him, but I stayed because of Geoffrey Donovan. Though, any of the Coen Brother's films with him are easily his best roles.
>>
File: Midnight_meat_train_ver2[1].jpg (17KB, 307x454px) Image search: [Google]
Midnight_meat_train_ver2[1].jpg
17KB, 307x454px
Mentioned no where in this thread is this gem.

Bradley Cooper and Vinnie Jones in a crazy gore filled (it was literally made for 3D gore scenes) nightmare that keeps on giving. Honestly, the whole movie seems like one of those creepypastas that start like: "Call my family, let them know I'm safe."
>>
File: the-babadook-worms[1].jpg (65KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
the-babadook-worms[1].jpg
65KB, 600x300px
>>19059601
You're right. I'm sorry I totally forgot that the best thing to do with your depression is to lock it up in the basement of your house and feed it worms you found in the ground.
>>
>>19067861
Oh shit forgot about burn notice! Good stuff!
>>
>>19067875
I was ill prepared for what this movie actually was. I'm a huge Clive Barker fan and was disappointed in what it turned out to be. Without preconceived notions of what it should have been I would have probably loved it
>>
Problem Child 2
>>
>>19051388
>What's the movie called where they dig up some ancient things in the snow and then they start seeing the goat thing and going crazy. That was scary.
Promotheus
>>
>>19065130
>>19065265
This was a pretty good movie IMO. I liked the ending
>>
>>19028936
T H I C C
>>
>>19065605
It's alright, nothing really special. I liked it but everyone's different.
>>
>>19064686
Bruh oml Esther can catch this nut
>>
>>19028383
Resolution
>>
>>19065265
http://www.watchfree.to/watch-155-Home-Movie-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
>>
>>19055545
>implying horror films can't/shouldn't convey interesting mental issues
>>
>>19067927
I'm so glad I saw it right when it came out simply because I had no idea who Bradley Cooper was. One day the movie "The Hangover" comes out and everyone is talking about Bradley Cooper and I'm like "Who? You mean the guy from Midnight Meat Train?" How did he get to be famous?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.