[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to have a heavy belief in the paranormal before being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 3rLX6B1_d.jpg (47KB, 640x645px) Image search: [Google]
3rLX6B1_d.jpg
47KB, 640x645px
I used to have a heavy belief in the paranormal before being diagnosed as bipolar and put on medication. What affect do anti depressants and mood stabilizers have on humans?
>>
>>19028007
Okay, I'm going to give you the /x/ answer and the real answer and you can decide which one you like more.
SSRIs, antidepressants in general and really most drugs with the purpose of affecting brain function are not a perfect science. Some people are going to have serious negative effects, some people are going to find them perfect for the life they want to live. Talk to your doctor and make sure you're on the right amount and type of medication for you, don't let them talk you into taking more for the sake of taking more but don't be afraid either.

Alternatively all medications are meant to blind you to the reality of the world and you should never ever take them
>>
>>19028017
are you saying that mental disorders are actually enhanced capabilities, but we are unable to handle the truth so we're have to drug ourselves just to function without hurting ourselves and screaming at everything?
>>
>>19028068
N-no, I'm saying that drugs for some people are sadly a necessary part of getting their different brain functions to fit within the somewhat tight bonds of society. The first answer was the real fucking answer how in the fuck could you read that and think the joke answer is the informative, interesting one
>>
>>19028068
I have never felt happier, or more alive, or more closer to God, as much as I have when I had mania and psychosis
>>
>>19028106
drug induced mania and psychosis?
>>
I have severe depression with constant suicidal thoughts for a few years now and had auditory and visual hallucinations as a child. Tried 4 different medications and they have stopped the hallucinations but none of them have helped the actual depression. But I know other people who are helped tremendously by them.

So I guess it just depends on ones own brain.
>>
File: lithium.jpg (48KB, 410x411px) Image search: [Google]
lithium.jpg
48KB, 410x411px
>>19028007
Ask your Doctor to put you on Lithium
Lithium is not natural to this Earth
There is a finite amount here and it is the product of supernovas and a byproduct of the big bang
Lithium will correct your Bi-polar...as long as you continue taking it
But....thats not why I recommend it

Lithium actually grow brain cells
Restores and increases memory
Reduces and/or eliminates the possibility of dementia and alzheimers
And as a bonus helps with back pain.

Upgrade your brain OP
Tell your Doc to give you as much of that sweet sweet space dust as he can

JUST TAKE LITHIUM DO NOT TAKE YOUR ANTI-DEPRESSANTS

You will be amazed at the what your mind is truly capable of.
>>
>>19028068
>>19028083
Ha this was the best conversation I've seen in years.
>>
>>19029957
There is a finite amount of every element on this rock you fucking moron
>>
>>19030368
Lithium is not created on Earth
From your post you could use some
>>
>>19030381
None of the elements on Earth were created here except for maybe the ones in the LHC. All the rest are just star junk that got stuck to us
>>
>>19030401
Common core student
Many elements are created on Earth
Whether by pressure, heat, or chemical interaction
Not so with Lithium
It's time to stop posting.jpeg
>>
>>19028007
You'll stop questioning things. You'll become more docile.
>>
>>19028007
They anti the depress and stabilize the mood
>>
>>19030427
Good for you, but the majority of the elements are a product of the big bang and a by product or supernovas, while cool, so what?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying you're right about something that has nothing to do with human physiology.
Show me some studies on the positive effects of lithuim consumption, I bet there at least a few, and use THAT to convince people, not oooOOOOOoo it's from space
>>
>>19028007
They take away your powers and spiritual connection.
>>
>>19030735
>used to take away mental illness
>take away your powers and spiritual connection
I'm not saying you're retarded or mentally ill, but you are making "powers and spiritual connection" synonymous with mental illness here you do realize that's what you are saying, right?
>>
>>19030748
Whatever you say. They neuter your mind, especially antipsychotics, which blocks your dopamine receptors, greatly decreasing your enjoyment of life.
>>
>>19030761
Right THIS I can get behind. Having "powers" by not taking your meds on the other hand, you can understand my cynicism.
>>
I love manic episodes. It feels like the spirit moving through me. Why would I take medication designed to take that away?

tldr psychiatry is an afront to God
>>
>>19030778
I had the ability to communicate telepathically with my soulmate before I was put on antipsychotics. We even made plans to meet and we met. Now, I can't hear a damn word she's saying and it's because of the antipsychotics.
>>
>>19030784
For other people if is a terrifying and powerless experience that hinders their work, relationships and happiness. Wouldn't God allow them to to seek help, if they were a good person?
I'm just trying to work within your frame of reference here.
>>
>>19030797
Personal experience. I hate psychiatry.

Some people need help
>>
It depends if you're psychic or a true schizo. Antipsychotics will help a true schizo and will devastate a psychic's mind and ability to find pleasure in life. Do not take it if you don't need it.
>>
>>19030820
That was a much saner response than I expected lol
>>
even if you think you have a mental problem you should avoid getting labelled or diagnosed with anything because once you are it's forever whereas if you simply work on your problems yourself you might sort it out and live the rest of your life free of that label which will otherwise haunt you. plus, who knows when it will become strictly mandatory for such labelled people to take their meds...

what happens in psychiatric wards is that the patients, mostly just by collectively recognizing the necessity of getting along together and getting through a shitty situation safely, become friendly and <talk> to each other about their various life issues. this camaraderie becomes much more beneficial and therapeutic than the 5mins and under chats with the doctors who take a superficial account of your life and then adjust your dose of medicine. in the course of things, talking to people of different races, religions, social classes, etc who you would not normally talk to or otherwise suspect of having issues like your own, you gain greater perspective on your life and the time out from your daily routine at home helps you learn to find a better healthier balance and adjust elements that were acting as stressors for your issues in the first place. then you go home and improve your life, mostly because you don't want to go back to the ward or worse.

medications are all shit. take a natural approach and your future self will thank you deeeeeeeply.
>>
>>19028007
not a psycho-pharmacologist but essentially these drugs manipulate dopamine and serotonin, it shouldn't have long term effects if you stop taking the meds but your physical brain also develops over time.

Maybe it's the pills that make you feel 'not yourself' or maybe your brain is going to express it's personality through this manipulation of neurotransmitters, or maybe your brain will develop in another direction and you ain't yourself over time no matter what you do.
>>
>>19030847
there is no self in the sense of a set in stone permanent personality that you are from birth to death. what you are is a conditioned phenomenon, a process through time. this is why those drugs are especially dangerous, the very fact that there is no self means that the continual drugging alters "who" you are and you may not ever get back to that particular mode of functioning you previously considered as "self". it's like people who say "you're not what you do" defending wageslavery; in fact, you ARE exactly what you do, and the more you do it, the more you are it.
>>
>>19030860
astute, but in this case taking these pills is like shooting yourself in the head with a gun and surviving, chunks of brain matter may be gone but if you keep living the difference between before and after is only how much your 'self' can compensate. I'm not saying the pills are good, just that they're no different from any other inevitable accident humanity has dealt with since forever.
>>
>>19030725
I'm pretty sure only Hydrogen and Helium are products of the big bang.
>>
At some point we all need help.
I was one of those because of some events that started when I was 8 and ended when I was 16.
Now I regularly take antidepressants of the heavy kind.
They work... but sometimes isn't enough.
My psychiatrist cannot help me more, she keeps trying but she knows that deep inside I'll feel broken because of those events.
If something lifechanging doesn't happen to me I feel like I'll end slipping away from Reality.
So yes, medicines are deeply flawed.
>>
>>19030860

you're far out. i like it.

i dont think "not being able to get back to being what you were" is a problem in and of itself, though.
>>
>>19030891
I mean, do you take them every day?

Gotta' let your system reset every once in awhile. Face the sadness. Scream into a pillow, watch paint dry all afternoon, hide your thoughts from the thought police--whatever it is you're trying to hold back by chompin' those meds.

The body is ten thousand springs. Sometimes ya' gotta' let them sproing.
>>
>>19030891

you should learn to fly.
>>
>>19030910
I take them when I need them, so pretty much every 2-3 days I take one or two, but today I needed one already because of a flashback.
I scream into mah pillow every night before sleeping, been doing dat for two, three years? Idk...
Also I started to use mah bike again, but doesn't motivate me much.
And if I start to think about watching paint dry then I must be truly insane.
Anyway I've been better, but I'll live. This anon thinks too fast to off himself.
>>
>>19030920
Forgot to say...
Maybe the only true bad thing I'm doing is hiding how mentally fucked am I to my mother(the only close family I have). They have never noticed all this.
>>
>>19030920
Okay.

Here is a picture of a fuzzy cute cow. It's a paranormal ritual I developed, to break curses.
>>
File: Rush Limbaugh xray.jpg (16KB, 395x301px) Image search: [Google]
Rush Limbaugh xray.jpg
16KB, 395x301px
>>19030725
I was referring to you as a common core student
No I'm not going to give you a link to what that is
But here's some helpful info for OP and for my special friend although it may be difficult to hear with your head shoved so far up your ass

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=906URaAZFRw

Here is amazing list of benefits OP for my special friend, print this out insert the paper in your boi pussy with a flaslight, you'll find it a good read

https://selfhacked.com/2014/02/09/the-benefits-of-lithium/
>>
>>19030951
I'm not cursed.
I have Severe Chronic Depression.
But have it because an /x/ reason.
>>
File: 1494839481373.png (36KB, 249x212px) Image search: [Google]
1494839481373.png
36KB, 249x212px
>>19030961
>paranormal derpression
>>
>>19030985
More like a secret REDACTED ring.
>>
>>19028007
I think were meant to fine tune certain abilities if we have them. And these drugs(antipsychotics, not SSRIs), stop that in its tracks. Conversely, people who are non-functional without help, need them to exist. It's really a question of, how useful your sensitivity is. And whether or not you will ever use it.
>>
>>19028068
Either that, or they're actually "normal" human functions that are incompatible with society and often cause social disharmony, so they're turned into shame words that make you feel flawed so that you stop behaving that way, although a lot of times I believe the fixation on the label actually exacerbates the behaviors (take a test that says you're INTJ, you might subconsciously behave more like you think an INTJ would sort of thing). Some are even common reactions to society itself (speaking chiefly of depression here), so psychiatry has to abdicate society of responsibility and place it on your brain chemistry.

I've always seen bipolar as a mental struggle against emptiness, for example, rather than its own distinct thing.

If these disorders were true "defects" they would be far too uncommon and unique to assign to broad labels. I'm referring mostly to personality and mood disorders (you are not behaving correctly or feeling correctly, when there is no objectively correct way to behave or feel). Psychotic disorders can cause either intense deviance from or intense realization of the truth, and while both are often unfavorable in a social sense, the former is the only kind you can objectively call a "flaw".

Although I do believe that antipsychotics that have purely antagonistic features are "stop thinking, feeling and seeing so hard" or "stop crossing wires between different parts of your brain that most people don't cross, stop (perhaps unintentionally) experimenting because it can be dangerous to you, us and others" drugs. Some of those thought patterns might be incorrect, some of them might be painfully correct but nobody else notices them. I come from a standpoint where I believe that the mind and brain are much more modular than people let on, and that gaining true control over your cognitive functionality can be disastrous (but also cool) to someone.

>>19028106
Iktfb
It was like remembering what living is actually like for a little bit
>>
>>19031047
I feel this way as well. I think that new modes of behavior and thought are humanity's rapid version of evolution. But evolution of the common wo/man is harmful to homeostasis and unpredictable, and, if you want a more paranoid interpretation, threatens those in power who are evolving unchecked.

There are all sorts of things in this life that we believe are innocuous but are actually products of this class of peoples' own evolution. We are along for the ride without realizing that it is a ride. We are sort of the guinea pigs.
>>
>>19030841
Am not doctor but I must say: anytime I've go to a hospital for mental shit I was back to reality before I received more than a tranquilizer to calm me down.
My meds are changed every time I go, but I'm never more clear on things than I am after a good night's sleep without people bugging the shit out of me.
>>
>>19028017
Right on
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.