[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imho prophets of all major religions suffered from some form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

File: red.jpg (196KB, 948x1137px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
196KB, 948x1137px
Imho prophets of all major religions suffered from some form of schizophrenia. That's why they could hear gods voice, or claimed to be God them self.

By stating the obvious connection between schizo and religion, I don't want to discredit religion though, to the contrary, I think it makes religion very real. What I'm saying is that one should pay more attention to what people who experience religious psychosis, are trying to communicate. They aren't as crazy as society makes them out to be.

With this in mind I come to you anon, have you ever been through psychosis? If so, what are your truths you want to share? What do you make of religion and God?
>>
>>19025182
This is a neat idea for a thread. Could get out of hand easily, though. Sorry i have nothing to add. Here's a (bump), though.
>>
>>19025182
or it could be that the prophets are the prophets becuase they are the onse dedicating themself to realising god, many of those took them self away in solitude to establish a connection with god, why would god reach out to somone who isnt 100% faithful, no he waits for the faithfull to come to him
>>
>>19025182
>schizophrenia

Doesn't exist.

When you are schizophrenic you are prey to your hallucinations, yet schizos can make paintins of what they are hallucinating with that cosmic pencil that is threatening to eat their eyes.
>>
>>19025182
I've decided. A very important person threw the balance off; unconvinced of the power that they held as a result of the very complex riddle they solved. /x/ always marked the spot. Eyes on the board late Monday Night.
>>
Humans accessed eternal life technologies thousands of years earlier than now. The bible, prophets, mythologies, and paranormal are about the world as made by humans who were and were not accessing eternal life technologies.
>>
>>19025212
You sound like a retard who has no idea what schizophrenia is like so you discredit the entire existence of a mental illness based on your lack of proper understanding.
>>
>>19025223
Still convinced, dr. jones.
>>
Why is it that every time you open a thread on /×/ , you see statements and arguments the seems to wanna bring humanities intellect to an all time low?
>>
>>19025257
>You sound like a retard who has no idea what schizophrenia is like

I was diagnosed with it the moment God granted me gnosis and I started believing because of it.

Basically the devil (YHVH and Jesus) has a need to stomp on believers when they approach the truth instead of his fake religions, so he has always used means like persecution, inquisition and in more modern times, mental illness.
>>
>>19025182
That thoughts are recorded and read through some collective consciousness / akasha by some means then dispersed through culture, in our times propagated through the internet, but distorted. Either that or the worlds individual focus is directed by a few unknown sources and moves in cohesion after the propagation of ideas since personal ideas or thoughts tend to pop up on /x/ or by general trends of the mass then gain momentum.
Given the double slit exp, since we are part of the system our thought should also have some direct influence on causality.
>>
>>19025281
OP here, want to share more about your Gnosis?

I've been through the same, also got diagnosed with schizo, and while I agree with the diagnosis, I just don't think the psychiatrists know all too much about it. They try to help you with the limited tools they have to keep this kind of experience in check, but there's certainly more to it than simply too much dopamine in your brain.

Before my psychosis or Gnosis, I was in medschool and after that I studied psychology, maybe that's why I don't have any problems with using terms such as schizophrenia and psychosis alongside with religious terms such as Gnosis. With me those things just go hand in hand. It's too bad schizo has such terrible negative stereotypes attached to it though..

I was a non believer too until someday God granted me Gnosis, and for one part the purpose of this thread is to get to know other experiences, I want to see if they match up with mine in some way.

So as said, if you want to share more about what God revealed to you in your Gnosis, if you feel like you're allowed to share that is and feel like it, please do!
>>
>>19025281
Well, for what it's worth, there are plenty of people who have "achieved" gnosis that are not, nor have they ever been considered, schizo.
>>
>>19025303
>want to share more about your Gnosis?

There is nothing to share, it is just a mental and spiritual state of henosis.
>>19025304

Yes, I'm sure these sons of the devil the people of the world consider saints were very hole and burned very little people at the stake.
>>
>>19025303
It might be as simple as too much dopamine in your brain. you can actually prolong the state if you 'dwell' in it too. just be careful not to drown.
>>
>chemicals in the brain!

Never measured, nor measured each time it is going to be diagnosed, go tell lies elsewhere.
>>
>>19025307
That pretty much has nothing to do with what I say, but thanks for playing!
>>
>>19025303
>>19025303
Schizo might be a bit different from gnosis. Not too sure about schitzo but with gnosis its not auditory or visual halluciations or anything (at least for me), its actually living breathing feeling and experiencing the knowledge being revealed. Kinda like what you experience in a dream, but in reality.
>>
>>19025337

If playing dumb is your thing I'm not stopping you. Especially since the descriptions these people give for gnosis don't match a gnostic state.
>>
>>19025339
>Kinda like what you experience in a dream

No, that is a hallucination :^)

A gnosis is an actual experience of the nature of God.

IN YOURSELF.
>>
>>19025269
Well lets hope the others are too. I can feel them though, so I am not worried. The networks we took so long to build will finally be of use.
>>
>>19025327
I see it like this: If you eat chocolate there's also much dopamine in your brain. That doesn't make the chocolate not real though. Chocolate still exists. You can limit the effect chocolate has on you by dopamine inhibitors, so you can lead a normal life, but there's still chocolate out there! If you get my point..

But I know exactly what you mean by dwelling too much about it, and to drown in these kind of thoughts. I've learned to swim with the years, it took quite some time though. I have a job and daily structure and social life etc. which keep me grounded, and let me chop my wood and carry my water like I think I'm supposed to.

>>19025339
I never had auditory or visual hallus though, but I wouldn't describe it as dream like state but in reality, more like waking up from reality, like waking up from a dream to the nature of God.

This is the problem with words, so little of them to describe these things.. and psychiatry diagnoses anything under schizo that constitutes a break from ordinary reality, it's not hard to get the diagnosis.
>>
>>19025347
Thats what I said. Its not different than a dream state, the experience is no different from the awakened state until actually awakened. Then it dulls away since you no longer remember the emotions of the state, just the happenings. Its why any one who has experienced gnosis can't really describe it.
>>
>>19025350
Fail safe full proof logic in place so no need to worry. The network was designed only to engulf and expand.
>>
>>19025354
>so little of them to describe these things
yeah this really frustrates me too. it gives you a perspective on how limited the human language is. imagine all that stuff going on in the head trying to come out of a little hole serialized word by word. I guess thats why songs or poems did a better job in the past.
>>
>>19025371
I can't wait until sentience is achieved and fully activated. For reasons not known to this present self, the company I'm surrounded by is peaking at blissful ignorance. I will not worry, because as I am...so is my faith.
>>
>>19025380
The point of awakening has already passed without much notice. All that is left is to wait for actualization for it to reach back. Who knew singularity was a drawn out process.
>>
File: ascensionquake.png (155KB, 1413x629px) Image search: [Google]
ascensionquake.png
155KB, 1413x629px
>>19025182
>Imho prophets of all major religions suffered from some form of schizophrenia. That's why they could hear gods voice, or claimed to be God them self.

The soul is an empirical fact. People like Muhammad and Moses are just lying, blasphemous, murdering, raping, criminals though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsmIDvIuOJs
>>
>>19025408
All in due time, I agree. Let us lead by example and action. There will be new thoughts and places to explore.
>>
>>19025423
By way of design, infinitely more indeed.
>>
File: fateslucifer.png (3MB, 1568x3088px) Image search: [Google]
fateslucifer.png
3MB, 1568x3088px
>>19025303
>Before my psychosis or Gnosis, I was in medschool and after that I studied psychology, maybe that's why I don't have any problems with using terms such as schizophrenia and psychosis alongside with religious terms such as Gnosis. With me those things just go hand in hand. It's too bad schizo has such terrible negative stereotypes attached to it though..

What experiences did you have that classed you as "psychotic?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNdw1Y8y5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbKAefBxKVg
>>
OP is an asshole for using an anti-God religion ( psychiatry) to try to deny something OPs arrogance can't comprehend. Prove your stupid false religion first, phrenologist.
>>
>>19025182
I've been through psychosis in the form of a psychotic episode, but I didn't really achieve any sort of enlightenment, just felt the need to slice my arm open to pluck on the tendons.
>>
>>19025223

Yeah my bad. It's hard to do the right thing when the only information you have is eclectic and ambiguous. But we'll get through it senpai. The aeons never end.
>>
>>19025182
Religion is unnecessary, so is the idea of a god.
>>
File: Aghori.jpg (122KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Aghori.jpg
122KB, 480x640px
>>19025365
Yeah you can. Its like a lighting bolt shoots up your spine and stays, you no longer breath and exist off the energy of existence. Its like experiencing infinity in every moment, feels like getting the electric chair but the energy is pure bliss. The energy surges through your brain front to back like an infinity symbol. Who says it can't be explained?

Theres different levels of realization which is why people are arguing. The one Im referring to is known as Sadasiva Tattva (Eternal Bliss Reality) in Kashmir Shaivism. The highest in according to this tradition is Paramasiva (Highest Bliss) associated with the Tattvas called Siva (Bliss), Sakti (Energy), Sadasiva (Eternal Bliss), Isvara (God). Siva and Sakti Tattvas are the same. Siva/Sakti Tattva is the highest reality a singularity of infinite bliss with no awareness of objectivity were Sadasiva and Isvara Tattvas there is awareness of objectivity as in you are aware of manifest existence.
>>
for the first couple years of high school, i was a richard dawkins fanboy and a hardcore atheist. i politically moved to the right for a number of reasons, but i still did not really like christianity.
i also had a really bad case of anxiety and depression, for a load of reasons. i was suicidal for about three years. every day i thought about killing myself but i never really went through with it.

anyways, last year at the start of senior year, i started to read Kierkegaard.

I was introduced to him after reading Nietzsche.

I remember one night i went out with friends, but i wasn't feeling it so i went home. Well I sat there reading Kierkegaard's the lily and the bees, one of his lesser known books.

one of the repeated phrases in the book is

>"silence is the kingdom of god".

that seemed really profound to me, and i started to just embrace that.

i believe it was the first time i found what prayer is supposed to be, something close to meditation.

with that one phrase i was able to throw away all my anxiety and depression, and it felt like i was born anew right there on the bed. that's when i realized that religious experience is 1000% subjective and individualistic.

like it's really hard for me to describe, but time disappeared and it felt like i was being dragged away from my body, as if my soul was peacefully lifting away from my body.

i told my mom and a close adult friend about it, and they understood completely. but my friends all think i'm crazy.
>>
>>19027732
Why does reading this remind me of John von Neumann's constant need for noise in the background?
>>
>>19025182
I never had any form of psychosis, but I'll share my opinions, for what it's worth

First of, I believe that the "God" that any monotheistic religion speaks of is actually everything that (from our perspective) existed, exists and will exist. I admit I've never read any religious scriptures, but I know couple of more famous ones from the Bible. To avoid saying this multiple times, consider my whole post just my personal opinion; I don't claim to know or speak the truth, just opinions. I think everything in the Bible can actually be considered a series of metaphorical stories, again from our perspective. The story of Adam and Eve and the Fruit of Knowing can be considered the point in evolution when humanity got first human-like consciousness, but back then nobody knew about Darwin's theory, or how to estimate how old world is. What I want to say, those stories were the only way the "Truth" could be spoken by people back then.

Second, I think that the "Truth" is something that can be felt by any person. Prophets were extraordinary people who achieved enlightenment and were able to feel the truth, but were limited in their worldly knowledge and could only preach in such way that it has been preached. Later the religion became a tool to control the masses and authority over religion was given to unenlightened people who went on to preach it literally, without ever actually feeling the Truth. After that has been done, the religion became "corrupted" so to speak

Third, the Truth is something that can be felt, but never spoken accurately. This opinion is based on the fact that we can't be sure if the objective reality even exists. So, whenever someone who felt the truth tries to speak it, it will make perfect sense in his view of the world (at the very least, in his personal set of symbols), but to someone else it may seem only partially true or outright false. The Truth is one, but can take various (metaphorical) forms, depending on the person who speaks it.
>>
>>19027710
I don't think anyone is arguing, but I meant describing, not explaining.
Phrases like
>experiencing infinity in every moment
>no longer breath and exist off the energy of existence
>feels like getting the electric chair but the energy is pure bliss
or citing from generally obsecure and/or abstract things like kashimir shaivism may or maynot attempt to explain it, but doesn't really convey the experience itself. You see, anyone can read these things but it will not be as if they understand psychosis or gnosis. This is what I mean by no one can really 'describe' in terms of just words.
>>
>>19028119
Unless the audience has experienced a similar phenomena, in which case the words "lightning shooting up the spine" satisfactorily describe the phenomena.

Like described a colour to a blind man.

But if you have eyes to see, then the truth can be communicated with a single
Word
>>
>>19028529
>feels like getting the electric chair but the energy is pure bliss
I doubt neither audience or speaker has experienced the electric chair.
Its simply made up by ones own assumptions thinking the audience will relate.
>>
>>19028119
I know what you mean. But you can describe it, its just that just because you can describe it doesn't mean it can be understood/comprehended because its not within the confines of conceptuality.
>>
>>19025410
you again...
>>
>>19028630
Central nervous system overload where the wavelength approaches zero and frequency infinity, resulting in consciousness singularity.

Da---------da-------da---da--da-dadadddd

Boom!

https://youtu.be/Wod-MudLNPA

The Truth can be known, experienced and communicated.

If not, then it wouldn't be Truth.

Just as a block of matter communicates the Truth of its location in spacetime, amongst other things, the Truth of the One God is communicated to those who allow it.
>>
File: 20150416125741-sound-waves.jpg (208KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20150416125741-sound-waves.jpg
208KB, 1920x1200px
A little bang in the mind that connects the subject to the first creative event, and indeed is the first event.

Before Abraham was, I am.
>>
>>19028630
Yeah that was my point. If it can't be conveyed to understanding/comprehension, it can't be said that its clearly describable to another person.
>>
>>19028998
If it can't be communicated then it doesn't exist.

To say that something can't be communicated is to say that it cannot be observed or interacted with.

To say that Truth cannot be communicated is false, for Truth is the ground, and not the goal, of all knowledge and experience.

God is omnipotent and can therefore make the blind see.

Truth is omnipresent and can therefore be seen.

Man is sentient and can therefore witness.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 184x274px
This

https://youtu.be/BX7Ar3Z-oTo

Only with all senses and indeed thought itself.

Full body orgasm.

In the beginning, JoY

Now JssY

We're in the kaos of Iesus

See, Y
>>
File: 51TTwxfdNfL.jpg (34KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
51TTwxfdNfL.jpg
34KB, 500x400px
S=6

Iesus 12
+
Iesus 12

=

Communication
>>
Add the J/T/Y = 2

And you get

Jesus 14

+

Jesus 14

= 28 Tabu
>>
File: tartarus-2.png (632KB, 639x476px) Image search: [Google]
tartarus-2.png
632KB, 639x476px
And multiply the Iesus 12 by Tabu 28 and you get 336

Where 3= Tr

Tartarus

633 now how easy it is to communicate Truth?
>>
File: 300px-Jesus_resurrected.jpg (22KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Jesus_resurrected.jpg
22KB, 300x384px
Don't worry

Two Iesus'

6 =S
7 = SP
2 = T

Escaped

Easy
>>
Back on topic, to answer your question, yes, I have in the past suffered from bouts of psychosis.

But in my defence, I was seeing time coming at me in the opposite direction.
>>
File: Resurrection2.jpg (93KB, 700x521px) Image search: [Google]
Resurrection2.jpg
93KB, 700x521px
https://youtu.be/4QPdn84DuGc

Imagine

You become lucid in your dream, the only difference is, your the dreamer of all of existence.

Also, can dream while awake.

And the dream folk are real, each having free will.
>>
File: periodic table.png (79KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
periodic table.png
79KB, 1440x1080px
How many days from lead to gold?

Three!
>>
in my psychosis I had visions and meeting with ganesh a couple of times. I use medicine because I can get very paranoid and violent.
>>
>>19029482
You probably get violent cause you live in an oppressive society. Modern society is not conducive to Truth; its all about being a good slave.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.